Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 18-06-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 18-06-11

Latest Transfer Update at 18-06-11

Bojan - wanted by Roma.
    ROMA CLOSING IN BOJAN

Roma hope to complete the signing of young Barcelona forward Bojan in 'the next few days', according to director of sport Walter Sabatini.
    The 20-year-old Spain international, a youth product at Barca, has been linked with a move away from Camp Nou this summer.
    Earlier this month Bojan voiced his anger at reportedly being offered to Udinese as part of a possible deal for Alexis Sanchez, fuelling speculation he would leave the Catalan giants.
    And Sabatini claims Serie A club Roma are winning the race for his signature.
    "It's true and I confirm this is a very realistic hypothesis, even if it has not been perfected yet," Sabatini told Rete Sport.
    "We hope to complete the signing of Bojan in the next few days."
    Bojan would be the first Barca player to follow former coach Luis Enrique to Roma from the European champions.
    Reports in the Spanish media suggest Roma would pay 10million (8.8m) for the youngster, although Barca want a clause allowing them to buy him back for 12m (10.6m).
    Sabatini also revealed that Roma are keeping their eye on young Argentine winger Ricky Alvarez of Velez Sarsfield, who has been linked with an Arsenal move.
    "Ricky Alvarez is a very strong and versatile player," he added. "We are monitoring him, as with other players.
    "You may have noticed a sort of paralysis in the transfer market, but we expect a domino effect once the first move goes through."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 18-06-11

Modric - not for sale at any price.
    SPURS INSIST MODRIC NOT FOR SALE

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy on Saturday ordered Chelsea to drop their pursuit of Luka Modric, insisting the wantaway midfielder was not for sale "at any price" to any club.
    Modric has stunned Spurs supporters by declaring he wants to leave White Hart Lane, and will have enraged some by announcing Stamford Bridge as his preferred destination.
    The Croatia star's comments came days after Tottenham rejected a 22million offer from Chelsea - a bid ridiculed by manager Harry Redknapp, who has repeatedly insisted the player is not for sale.
    And Levy has no intention of caving in to Modric's request, even if the Blues returned with a mega-money offer.
    He said: "I wish to make it absolutely clear, as I have said previously, that none of our key players will be sold this summer.
    "We are building a team for the future to consistently play at the highest level and retaining quality players is crucial to that.
    "In respect of Luka Modric, we are not prepared to sell, at any price, to Chelsea Football Club or any other club.
    "We made our stance on this issue abundantly clear in writing to Chelsea. They chose to ignore it and then subsequently made the offer public."
    Chelsea this afternoon branded Levy's claim they had leaked details of their bid for Modric as "nonsense".
    Clubs have always struggled to keep wantaway players, with Spurs forced to sell several of their star names in recent years.
    Comparisons have been drawn between the Modric saga and Dimitar Berbatov's departure to Old Trafford three years ago but it is understood Tottenham view the two matters completely differently.
    They had risked losing Berbatov for next to nothing as he was close to being able to buy out his contract under the Webster ruling, whereas Modric still has five years remaining on the deal he signed last summer.
    The 25-year-old has also stated he would not put in a transfer request, while Levy said: "For the avoidance of any doubt, let me reiterate that we shall not enter into any negotiations whatsoever, with any club, regarding Luka.
    "We now consider this matter closed."
    The player himself earlier revealed he intended to discuss his future when he returned from holiday, insisting he did not wish to enrage Spurs fans but expressing his desire to chase silverware.
    Speaking to the Daily Mail, Modric said: "If somebody comes to the club and the offer is good for me and acceptable to them, then I want to leave.
    "I want to leave Tottenham as friends. I have enjoyed my time there, but now it is right for me to look at another club.
    "I have an arrangement with the chairman. When I signed my new contract, he said that, if another club came to sign me, they would consider the offer.
    "I won't ask for a transfer, no. That would be disrespectful. I hope they can reach an agreement that is satisfactory for everyone.
    "Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League. I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family."
    Modric said his desire for change was purely a professional one and reiterated his gratitude for Spurs and their followers.
    "I don't want to have an argument with Tottenham," he said.
    "The supporters have been very good to me and I have enjoyed my time playing for the club, but it is for football that players leave clubs and move.
    "It has happened to Tottenham before. It is normal for a player to dream about playing for a bigger club."
    Spurs full-back Kyle Walker, currently on England Under-21 duty in Denmark, admitted Modric would be a "massive loss" but remained hopeful he would stay.
    Asked how big a gap the former Dinamo Zagreb man would leave if he departed, Walker replied: "He'd be a massive loss.
    "But, hopefully, Spurs is not a selling club and hopefully they keep hold of him and keep going forward.
    Walker, who has had loan spells with Sheffield United, QPR and Aston Villa since moving to White Hart Lane two years ago, added: "He's hard to get the ball off in training and he's good to have around, good to give the ball to.
    "He gets you out of trouble and I think he's a fantastic player."

Uploads

Sturridge - wanted back at Bolton.
    COYLE WANTS STURRIDGE RETURN

Owen Coyle is hoping Chelsea will allow Daniel Sturridge to return to Bolton Wanderers on loan after pouring cold water on talk of a permanent deal.
    Sturridge impressed in scoring eight goals in 12 appearances during a loan spell at Bolton in the second half of last season.
    He had struggled for regular football at Chelsea and Coyle believes it is imperative that the England Under 21 international is given plenty of opportunities to play again next term.
    Coyle has no doubts the former Manchester City youngster can play consistently for a top club, but would relish the chance to see Sturridge back at the Reebok Stadium.
    "We'd love to get Daniel back," Coyle told Sky Sports News. "I don't think a permanent would be possible given what it would probably cost to bring him back.
    "As well, we've got to understand Daniel's own aspirations. He's an unbelievable kid, he really is.
    "He's motivated and he wants to be the best he can be and he wants to play for the elite clubs, and I love that about him.
    "But I've said before, given his development and what he's done, that if he doesn't play now week in, week out, it will be detrimental to his development because he's not, and he'll be the first to tell you, where he would like to be and the finished article in terms of playing for those top elite clubs.
    "There is still room for improvement and he can go on to be a truly wonderful player.
    "I would love it if Chelsea permit us to continue to help that development by another six-month period, we would love that."

Uploads

Gervinho - talks progressing.
    GERVINHO GUNNERS TALKS MAKE PROGRESS

Lille have confirmed negotiations to sell Gervinho to Arsenal are making progress and expect a resolution to be found next week.
    Gervinho is keen to move to the Premier League and has been linked with several clubs, including Manchester City and Newcastle United.
    However, Arsenal appear to be favourites to capture the Ivory Coast international with reports claiming the attacker will cost in the region of 10million.
    A move to Lille's Ligue 1 rivals Paris St Germain has been ruled out and the French champions' general manager Frederic Paquet revealed talks are continuing.
    "It should be next week," Paquet told mercato365.com regarding the current state of the discussions.
    "These are negotiations that start slowly. Is it on track? I do not know. Today I can not tell.
    "Could the player still leave for PSG? Gervinho wants to go to England and, as a club, we prefer to sell Gervinho abroad."

Uploads

Sylvain Marveaux - heading to Newcastle.
    RENNES ACE MARVEAUX TO JOIN NEWCASTLE

Newcastle's French revolution is to continue after Alan Pardew won the battle for Rennes midfielder Sylvain Marveaux.
    The 25-year-old will formally complete a Bosman free transfer move to St James' Park on July 1 after signing a five-year deal.
    Marveaux had been heavily tipped to head for Liverpool this summer, although reports on Friday suggested the move had broken down because of a problem with his medical.
    The former France Under-21 international has been out of action since November with a groin injury suffered during a 2-1 Ligue 1 victory over Brest.
    However, the Magpies carried out their own checks and are confident that will not be an issue, and have snapped up their third close-season signing.
    Pardew said: "It's a great coup to have signed Sylvain, who has received interest from a number of other clubs.
    "He may not be well known to many of our fans, but he is a real talent and a player we have been keeping an eye on for some time.
    "It's been a good couple of days for us on the transfer front."
    Marveaux is a left-sided midfielder and the third Frenchman recruited to the Newcastle engine room in the last year or so after Hatem Ben Arfa and recent signing Yohan Cabaye.
    Confirmation of his capture comes just a day after the Magpies unveiled Senegal striker Demba Ba as their second summer arrival, following in Cabaye's wake.
    His signing will help to offset the loss of skipper Kevin Nolan, who joined West Ham in a move understood to amount to 4million on Thursday, while Alan Smith has also been told he can leave.
    With Joey Barton having been informed that he will not be offered a new contract, there is a school of thought which suggests he too will be sold this summer rather than be allowed to leave for free when his current deal expires in 12 months' time.
    Newcastle's swoop for Marveaux has come somewhat under the radar with speculation this week linking them with the likes of Bayer Leverkusen's Tranquillo Barnetta and St Etienne's Blaise Matuidi, both players in whom they have had an interest, though it remains to be seen how strong that interest is.
    However, chief scout Graham Carr has made a detailed study of the talent available in continental Europe and having achieved such success with former FC Twente midfielder Cheick Tiote last season, the Magpies will hope for a similar return from their latest acquisitions.
    Pardew is also edging closer to completing a move for Swansea full-back Neil Taylor, while Ba's arrival is unlikely to end his search for strikers with Leon Best and Nile Ranger both surplus to requirements.

Uploads

Damari - target for Celtic.
    CELTIC EYE DAMARI SWOOP

Celtic are keen on signing Israel striker Omer Damari, according to his international team-mate Beram Kayal.
    The 22-year-old striker, who plays for Maccabi Petah Tikva, scored twice on his international debut against Iceland last year.
    Hoops midfielder Kayal was quoted in the Daily Record as saying: "Omer and I talked in January and also less than two months ago. He asked me about the offer and I gave him a strong recommendation.
    "Celtic then asked me what I know about him.
    "I told them that Omer is one of the top strikers in Israel and has everything needed to succeed.
    "With his speed and understanding of the game, he can reach high levels."

Uploads

Fellaini - wants to win trophies.
    FELLAINI EYEING THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

The Belgium international midfielder is currently back in his homeland where he is continuing his recovery from an ankle injury.
    At the same time, Fellaini and his advisors are in talks with the Toffees over the possibility of extending his contract, which expires in 2013.
    The 23-year-old, who cost Everton 15million three years ago, has been linked with the likes of Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid in the past.
    He admits the allure of playing for a club that can promise him silverware and elite European football is attractive, and he doubts he can get such guarantees at Goodison.
    Fellaini is quoted by the Daily Post as telling the Belgian media: "One thing is certain, I want to play in a team that wins trophies and play in the Champions League. Everton is a team of sub-top."

Uploads

Pastore - linked with a number of high profile clubs.
    PASTORE UNSURE OVER FUTURE

Palermo playmaker Javier Pastore admits he is not likely to make a decision on his future until after the Copa America.
    The Argentina International is currently preparing for the tournament, which starts in his home country on July 1st.
    And, Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini insists that the club will not settle for any less than an eye-watering 44million for 'El Flaco'.
    Pastore told Sky Sport Italia: "Going to Palermo was very important for my career and I hope to continue doing well over the next few years.
    "My future will be decided after the Copa America. I will talk with President Maurizio Zamparini and my agent, then we'll work out what to do."
    Manchester City, Barcelona, Chelsea, Inter and Juventus have all been linked with a move for the 22-year-old, who cost Palermo just 5m in 2009.

Uploads

Dann - linked with Premier League return.
    COATES COY OVER DANN DEAL

Stoke chairman Peter Coates has refused to be drawn over the Potters' interest in Birmingham City centre-back Scott Dann.
    The talented defender is widely expected to leave St Andrews this summer in the wake of their relegation from the Premier League and a number of clubs have been linked with his services.
    Liverpool and Arsenal are both understood to be keen, but Stoke are looking to steal a march on their rivals with skysports.com that the Potters had opened negotiations regarding a possible move.
    And while Coates confirmed that plans were in place to bolster Tony Pulis' squad this summer, he could not confirm or deny any approach for Dann.

He told The Sentinel: "We have our eyes on a number of targets, but we are not going to disclose them. We are trying to work below the radar."
    Stoke have been handed a tough start to the new Premier League season, with games against Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, West Brom, Sunderland and Norwich on the agenda.
    Coates joked: "They look pretty easy games, in fact I have already factored in 15 points.
    "To be serious, I would always want an easy start, but my experience tells me to just get on with it because you never get what you think you will out of a group of games.
    "We will just have to make sure we are up and running and give a good account of ourselves."

Uploads

Kanoute - set for Sevilla stay.
    KANOUTE TO STAY AT SEVILLA

Frederic Kanoute has decided to stay with Sevilla, the Primera Division club have confirmed.
    There had been speculation that the 33-year-old Mali striker might leave this summer after six years at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.
    However, Sevilla announced on Saturday that Kanoute, after being given some time to consider his future since the end of the season, has now committed himself to the club.
    "Kanoute will continue at Sevilla. The striker, in a meeting with sporting director Monchi, has expressed his desire to continue at Sevilla, forming part of the project and fighting for the exciting objectives of next season," the club said on their website .
    Sevilla, who recently installed Marcelino Garcia Toral as their new coach following the departure of Gregorio Manzano, finished fifth last season to secure themselves a Europa League berth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast