Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-11

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-11

    Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-11

    Fabregas - remains target for Barcelona.
    BARCA BAULK AT CESC FABREGAS FEE

    Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has admitted the Catalan club are unwilling to pay Arsenal's 35million valuation of their captain Cesc Fabregas, but says the midfielder is doing "all he can" to join Pep Guardiola's side.
    Fabregas' wish to join Barca - where he started out as a youth player - is no secret, although the midfielder claimed he was happy at Arsenal just last week.
    But the Gunners captain, who left Barca at 16, also admitted he dreams of playing for the Nou Camp side and Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood revealed there had been contact with the Catalan club this week, saying Fabregas' desire to return home was "understandable".
    In a similar stance to last summer, when Barca had two bids turned down for the player, Rosell claimed the Catalan club would not pay over the odds for the midfielder.
    "He (Cesc) is doing everything he can to come (here)," the Barca president told Catalan station TV3 on Monday night.
    "Guardiola knows the values of players and Cesc's is less than 40million (euros). Barcelona will offer less and if they (Arsenal) don't accept, then he won't come. Pep knows the club is not well-off in terms of money."
    Meanwhile, Barca are expected to seal the signature of Chile forward Alexis Sanchez this week from Udinese, but Rosell appeared cautious.
    "There is nothing closed with Alexis," he said.
    Rosell also revealed that full-back Eric Abidal had rejected a new contract offer from the club and admitted relations with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez were "on standby" after their failure to act against doping allegations aimed at Barca last season by radio station Cadena COPE.
    "I haven't spoken to Florentino Perez since the last game (against Madrid)," he said.
    "My relationship with him is on standby because there are wounds that are still not closed and that need to scar."
    COPE claimed the allegations came from a senior Madrid director and Rosell says Real's lukewarm denial has failed to convince him of the innocence of Barca's greatest rivals.
    "Actions speak louder than words and it's not that I don't believe Florentino Perez, but I would believe him more if Real Madrid had taken COPE to court," he said.

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-11

    Capello - staying put in England post.
    CAPELLO SNUBS INTER MILAN INTEREST

    Fabio Capello's son has revealed the Italian will remain as England manager despite interest from Inter Milan.
    Inter president Massimo Moratti is believed to have sounded out a move for Capello as he seeks a replacement for Leonardo following his departure to Paris St Germain.
    The Italians have been frustrated in their search for a new coach after giving up on Chelsea target Andre Villas-Boas because of his 13million release clause at Porto.
    Capello's contract with England expires after next year's European Championship and the Italian has always insisted he would see out his deal.
    Capello's son Pierfilippo, who also acts as his lawyer and agent, confirmed Inter had held talks about luring the former AC Milan boss back to the San Siro, but that the 65-year-old will stay on as England boss.
    Asked if it was true there had been talks with Inter, Pierfilippo Capello told The Sun: "Yes. But Fabio will remain with the FA."
    Turkey boss Guus Hiddink is the latest name to be linked with the Inter role despite being mentioned with a possible return to Chelsea.

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-11

    Falcao - plays under Villas-Boas for Chelsea.
    FALCAO COULD FOLLOW BOSS TO CHELSEA

    Radamel Falcao's agent admits the Porto striker would be happy to join Andre Villas-Boas if he takes over at Chelsea.
    Chelsea are thought to be closing in on a deal for Villas-Boas as a replacement for Carlo Ancelotti at Stamford Bridge.
    The Portuguese is thought to be weighing up the offer from Chelsea after Roman Abramovich made the 33-year-old his top target to become the club's new manager.
    Reports have suggested Villas-Boas would make Falcao one of his top transfer targets if he does accept the Chelsea job and the Colombian's agent, Claudio Mossi, admits the player would be interested in a switch.
    "If Villas-Boas is the new coach of Chelsea it is normal for players that are closest to follow him," Mossi is quoted as saying in The Sun.
    The likes of Tottenham and Arsenal have been linked with Falcao in the past with the striker regarded as one of the best players in Europe after netting a record 17 goals in last season's Europa League campaign.

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-11

    Jamie O'Hara - set for Molineux move.
    WOLVES CLOSE IN ON O'HARA DEAL

    Wolves are set to finally complete the permanent signing of midfielder Jamie O'Hara from Tottenham within the next 24 hours, Press Association Sport understands.
    O'Hara enjoyed a successful loan spell at Molineux during the second half of last season, scoring three goals in 13 games.
    An agreement was already in place for O'Hara to make the 5 million move to Wolves should the player and manager Mick McCarthy want that to happen.
    That is the case and the finer points of the contract - expected to be for four or five years - should be tied up imminently according to sources close to the club.
    O'Hara was often used effectively just behind the main striker in a 4-5-1 formation as Wolves guaranteed Barclays Premier League football for a third successive season.
    McCarthy is also interested in signing Liverpool left-back Paul Konchesky who spent the second half of last season on loan to Nottingham Forest.
    The Wolves boss is also looking for a new keeper as back-up for Wayne Hennessey after Marcus Hahnemann was released at the end of last season.

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-11

    Yobo - wants to stay in Turkey.
    YOBO WANTS FENERBAHCE FUTURE

    Joseph Yobo is determined to secure a permanent move to Fenerbahce after confirming he does not want to return to Everton.
    The Nigerian defender spent last season on loan at Fenerbahce and talks have taken place regarding a long-term arrangement with the Turkish club.
    However, Everton reportedly value the 30-year-old at 6million, which is more than double what Fenerbahce are rumoured to be willing to pay.
    Yobo is now hoping the two clubs can come to an agreement as he enjoyed the opportunity to play regularly last season.
    "My future is with Fenerbahce," said Yobo.
    "I do not want to return to Everton because I have seen the difference in playing in a competitive team on a regular basis and that has helped me to improve.
    "My bosses in Turkey are happy with the way I have played and they want me to remain with them and we are just working on the process that would make Everton to release me permanently to Fenerbahce."
    Yobo has made over 250 appearances during his Everton career after originally joining the club on loan from Marseille back in 2002.

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-11

    Villas-Boas - target for Chelsea.
    CHELSEA CLOSE ON ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS

    Chelsea could have a new manager in place by the end of the week - with Porto admitting they would be powerless to prevent Andre Villas-Boas from heading to Stamford Bridge should the Barclays Premier League club trigger his 15million euro release clause.
    Dragons coach Villas-Boas has emerged as the leading contender to replace Carlo Ancelotti, who was unceremoniously axed at the end of last season, just 12 months after guiding the west London club to a historic double.
    Guus Hiddink - who enjoyed a successful spell as caretaker boss in 2008/2009 and continues to hold a close relationship with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich - looks set to take up a sporting director role at Stamford Bridge once his exit from the Turkish Football Federation is confirmed.
    So it now appears Chelsea are ready to appoint an up-and-coming coach to oversee first-team affairs.
    Villas-Boas, 33, would certainly fit the bill after guiding the Dragons to domestic and Europa League success last season.
    And he is no stranger to the west London club, having worked there under Jose Mourinho.
    While Chelsea will not be drawn on any specific candidate, they maintain an appointment could be made "in the next few days".
    Porto, though, felt it necessary to react to stories in the Portuguese media suggesting a deal had already been done for Villas-Boas' release and he was on his way to London.
    However, president Pinto da Costa admits the club could not prevent their manager from leaving should certain financial conditions be met.
    "Villas-Boas has a contract and a clause of 15million euros," he confirmed.
    "If someone deposits 15million euros into our account and he wants to go, we cannot do anything because it is something that is contractually specified."
    Villas-Boas, who was reportedly also on Inter Milan's wanted list, would dramatically increase his salary with a move back to Chelsea as head coach, with reports suggesting as much as 4.4m-a-year on offer for the man expected to deliver the Champions League title.
    One of his first signings could be to bring Porto's star striker Falcao to Stamford Bridge along with him, the 25m-rated Colombian having impressed as the Dragons won the Europa League final at Dublin's Aviva Stadium, where the 25-year-old netted the only goal against Braga.
    Elsewhere, Genk's 19-year-old keeper Thibaut Courtois claims he has been earmarked as the long-term successor to Petr Cech and is set for a move to Stamford Bridge as part of the transfer of midfielder Kevin de Bruyne.
    Courtois said on FM Brussel: "It's wonderful that they [Chelsea] have such confidence in me and see me as the successor of Petr Cech.
    "Chelsea has a great sporting level and I can grow at ease for a few years until I reach the first team.
    "This will not happen in a year or two, but three, four or five years. I might as well develop myself quietly."
    The young keeper, though, expects to remain in Belgium to build up his experience, adding: "Maybe I'll stay two years, it will depend on how I develop here, then we'll see if I will be lent to an English team."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-11

    Elia - Hamburg exit doesn't appear imminent.
    HAMBURG CLAIM NO ELIA BIDS

    Hamburg insist they have not had any approaches for Eljero Elia and he remains a vital part of their plans.
    The Dutch winger has been strongly linked with a move to Chelsea this summer having previously been mentioned as a target for Juventus and Liverpool since helping Holland reach last summer's World Cup final.
    But the German outfit claim there has been no contact regarding the availability of Elia, who is under contract until June 2014.
    The 24-year-old has made 24 league appearances in each of the last two seasons since his 7.5million move from FC Twente.
    Hamburg are adamant they are not looking to offload Elia and are confident he will still be at the disposal of new coach Michael Oenning.
    "I am able to confirm we definitely received nothing from Chelsea FC with regards to Eljero Elia," club spokesman Jorn Wolf told the Nordwest-Zeitung newspaper.
    "There is no bid on the table and there are no negotiations taking place between the clubs.
    "We also have not received any bid from any other club for Eljero Elia.
    "He is an important player for us and he is well within our plans for the new season."
    Several clubs were thought to be lining up bids of around 10m for Elia during the winter transfer window.

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-11

    Lennon - started work on winning more trophies.
    NEIL LENNON TARGETS NEXT TROPHY

    Neil Lennon signed a new 12-month rolling contract as Celtic manager on Monday and stressed that work had already begun to bring more trophies to Parkhead.
    The Hoops finished second to Rangers in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League by just one point and also lost to the Ibrox men in the final of the Co-operative Insurance Cup, but finished the season by winning the Scottish Cup.
    Former Celtic skipper Lennon is looking to improve on that next season.
    "I know that myself, the board, my management team and all my players will be doing all we can to ensure that our fans have a team they can be proud of," he told the club's official website.
    "We want to provide our fans with entertaining, attacking and professional football but ultimately we aim to deliver silverware.
    "Work begins now on striving to bring domestic trophies to Celtic Park and on having some success in Europe.
    "We have already begun looking at the squad for next season.
    "Whoever comes into the squad I know they will be joining some very talented players here who share my appetite for success.
    "The players have connected with our fans, they know what Celtic means to so many people and I know they will be looking to me to deliver success for them this coming season."
    The Irishman, who took over from Tony Mowbray on an interim basis in March 2010 before signing a six-month rolling contract, was rewarded for an encouraging first season in charge with an extended deal which reportedly more than doubled his wages.
    Lennon was "absolutely delighted" with his new deal, saying: "I have had 10 great years connected to Celtic and I hope to enjoy many more.
    "Clearly this is down to me and I will be doing everything I possibly can to ensure we bring our fans more success.
    "I have been speaking to Peter (Lawwell, chief executive) over the past few weeks and we are both delighted to move forward together.
    "We have sat down, looked at last season and now we look ahead.
    "I know that Peter and the board's vision for the club is the same as mine.
    "We are absolutely together on this, we want to bring success to the club and reward the commitment which our supporters continue to make."
    Lawwell insists Lennon will get every backing from the board in his bid to take the title back from Ibrox.
    He said: "We have had very positive discussions with Neil in recent weeks.
    "We all know the direction we are going in, we are already planning for next season and our supporters can rest assured that Neil will receive every support from the board as we aim to build on last season.
    "We look ahead to the future with confidence."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-11

    Bowditch - joins MK Dons.
    MK DONS BRING IN BOWDITCH

    MK Dons have signed Dean Bowditch on a two-year contract after the striker rejected a new deal at League One rivals Yeovil.
    Bowditch had been top scorer at Yeovil for the past two seasons and netted in the Glovers' 3-2 defeat at MK Dons last term.
    However, he turned down an extension at Huish Park earlier this month and is delighted to be linking up with Karl Robinson's side.
    "It's a fantastic move for me," Bowditch told the club's official website. "I looked at the club's ambitions and it's everything I was looking for.
    "The stadium impressed me when I played here and the club has a very talented squad so I'm looking forward to the challenge ahead of me."
    Dons boss Robinson added: "I'm delighted to have a player of Dean's quality in our squad, he's a very gifted footballer, a great athlete and a proven goalscorer in League One with a club that was fighting relegation."
    Former Ipswich forward Bowditch, who scored 25 goals during his two years at Yeovil, becomes MK Dons' first signing of the summer.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 21-06-11

    Fred - joins Melbourne Heart.
    MELBOURNE HEART SNAP UP FRED

    Melbourne Heart have signed former Melbourne Victory Grand Final hero Fred.
    The 32-year-old, who has spent the past four seasons in MLS in the United States with DC United and the Philadelphia Union, has been lured back to the A-League by the Heart.
    "I'm excited to play for Melbourne Heart now," Fred told Fox Sports News live from Washington.
    "I look forward to building very good things with my team-mates over there."
    Fred received great praise for his performances in his one season for the Victory in 2006-07, where he played a major role in the famous 6-0 demolition of Adelaide United in the Grand Final of that year.
    He left Victory in controversial circumstances, taking up a big-money move to DC United. He scored 11 goals in his first spell with the club, before returning for a guest stint with Wellington Phoenix in 2008.
    He then scored four goals in 25 games when out on loan with Philadelphia before returning to Washington for the end of the current season.
    It is hoped Fred can feature in the playmaker role for the Heart, and help the development of fellow Brazilian Alex Terra after the departure of Josip Skoko, John Aloisi and Gerald Sibon after the club's inaugural campaign.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Latest Transfer Update at 04-06-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 23:46:48
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 27-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27-04-2011, 14:00:35
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 26-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-04-2011, 16:17:59
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 25-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-04-2011, 23:18:05
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 13-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-04-2011, 12:00:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •