Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 27-06-11

Uploads

Latest Transfer Update at 27-06-11

Latest Transfer Update at 27-06-11

Nani - no worries over Young signing.
    NANI: ASHLEY YOUNG WON'T PUSH ME OUT

Nani is confident Ashley Young's arrival will not push him towards the Old Trafford exit door.
    Manchester United last week splashed out an estimated 17m to bring in England winger Young from Aston Villa.
    But Nani, who was left on the bench for may's Champions League final defeat despite earning United's players' player of the season award, believes he still has a future in England.
    "Of course I have to welcome everyone they sign," he said. "I think Manchester United is a fantastic club.
    "When they bring in new players, they know if it is good for the team or not, and this signing has to help them. It is good for the team, we want more players to help us to win trophies.
    "I've been at United when Cristiano Ronaldo was there. Cristiano was one of the best players in the world. At that moment I had no worries about him taking my place."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 27-06-11

Moussi - attracting interest from the Premier League.
    McCLAREN PLANNING DUO TALKS

Nottingham Forest manager Steve McClaren wants to hold talks with Robert Earnshaw and Guy Moussi in the hope of persuading the duo to stay at the City Ground.
    Both players are out of contract at Forest, but have been offered new deals to stay with the Championship club next season.
    However, skysports.com revealed earlier this month that Moussi is attracting interest from the Premier League, with Everton, West Brom and Wigan understood to be keen on the midfielder.
    Wales striker Earnshaw has been linked with rival Championship clubs, but new Forest boss McClaren is keen to meet the players face to face.
    "I want to speak to Robert Earnshaw. I have spoken to his agent, but I would like to speak to him," McClaren told the Nottingham Evening Post.
    "He is away on holiday at the minute, so we will try to do that when he gets back.
    "I would also like to speak to Guy Moussi and just see what their thoughts are, what their motivation is and what they want to do.
    "I want to talk to them about what we want to do here; what we want to build here.
    "Do they stay with us? The squad is very good and they have come very close over the last two years.
    "I do not want to lose good players. Robert Earnshaw and Guy Moussi are very good players.
    "They are out of contract and they are obviously talking to other people. But I would like the opportunity to talk to them and try to convince them that Nottingham Forest is the club to be at."

Uploads

Izaguirre - three years left on his current deal.
    IZAGUIRRE PLANNING CELTIC STAY

Emilio Izaguirre's agent insists the left-back wants to honour his contract at Celtic and has described reports of a move to the Premier League as unrealistic.
    The Honduran has claimed that English champions Manchester United were interested in a deal in January, while Liverpool have also been linked with a move.
    But Celtic manager Neil Lennon said on Sunday that he hoped Izaguirre, and Beram Kayal, would sign an extension to his current deal, which expires in three years.
    And the Parkhead boss has now been boosted by the words of the representative of Scotland's double Player of the Year from last season.
    Izaguirre's adviser, Marco Tulio Suazo, said in the Daily Record: "I can tell all the fans of the club that Emilio has the sole mission of not lowering the level that made him the best foreigner in the Scottish Premier League.
    "Emilio has the plan of fulfilling the contract that still binds him to Celtic as an alleged sale to England, at this moment in time, is not a reality."

Uploads

Goodwillie - no agreement has been reached.
    DUNDEE UNITED IN GOODWILLIE TALKS

Dundee United manager Peter Houston has confirmed talks have been held with other clubs regarding in-demand striker David Goodwillie.
    It was revealed last week that Rangers had made an approach for Goodwillie before Houston suggested the 22-year-old would be 'too expensive' for the SPL champions.
    Reports suggest United want 2million for Goodwillie, with Championship rivals Blackpool and Cardiff City also keen on the Scotland international.
    Cardiff are rumoured to be favourites to win the chase and, speaking after the 2-1 win friendly win over Drogheda United on Sunday, Houston confirmed chairman Stephen Thompson has been contacted by interested parties.
    "The chairman has been speaking to a couple of clubs, but no agreement has been reached with anyone," said Houston.
    Goodwillie scored in the win over Drogheda and his United team-mate Willo Flood has advised the forward to join Cardiff.
    Flood, who spent two-and-a-half years on Cardiff's books, told the Daily Record: "If I were Goody I would go to England because at least he would have a life outside of football.
    "I would recommend Cardiff to Goody. It's a good club and he would enjoy living down there.
    "They have great staff who would look after him. They've got a new stadium and training ground. If they were to get promoted to the Premiership, football in Wales would hit the roof."

Uploads

Sinama-Pongolle - set for loan switch.
    ST ETIENNE CLOSE ON SINAMA-PONGOLLE

St Etienne are closing in on the loan signing of striker Florent Sinama-Pongolle from Portuguese outfit Sporting Lisbon.
    The French club announced on their website that they had reached an agreement in principle with Sporting that would see Sinama-Pongolle move to St Etienne on an initial loan deal with the option of permanent a transfer thereafter.
    The 26-year-old is due in France on Monday to take his medical with Les Verts, who finished 10th in Ligue 1 last season.
    Sinama-Pongolle, who has one full cap with France, began his career at Le Havre before going on to play for Liverpool, Blackburn, Recreativo Huelva and Atletico Madrid before joining Sporting in 2010.
    He was loaned to Real Zaragoza last term.

Uploads

Woan (right) - set for Watford.
    WOAN SET FOR HORNETS

Ian Woan is set to leave Portsmouth's coaching team and become Sean Dyche's new assistant manager at Watford.
    The former Nottingham Forest midfielder has established himself as first-team coach at Pompey having initially arrived four years ago as part of the youth coaching set-up.
    But the Fratton Park outfit have accepted an approach from the Hornets, for whom newly-appointed boss Dyche is a close friend of Woan, and Portsmouth manager Steve Cotterill expects him to complete the switch to Vicarage Road.
    Cotterill told The News: "To be fair to Watford, they have done it all the right way and made an approach for him to go and work alongside Sean Dyche.
    "To be honest, when Sean Dyche got the job I knew this one would be coming because they are really close. Woany is his best mate and vice versa and they have ended up being friends and their families are friends.
    "They have approached us in the right manner and asked to speak to him. I see that happening soon. It's a shame, really, he's a good part of the group. Him and Guy (Whittingham) signed new contracts last season which showed how highly I thought of him."

Uploads

Fabregas - wanted by Barcelona.
    FABREGAS WILL GO, IF PRICE IS RIGHT

Arsenal would be willing to sell captain Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona is they can agree a fee, according to BBC Sport.
    The 24-year-old World Cup winner is continually linked with a move back to his boyhood club during every transfer window.
    Last summer, the Gunners rejected a 30million offer for their inspirational skipper.
    However, with Fabregas appearing more determined to rejoin the club he left as a teenager in 2003, Arsenal are said to be ready to allow the deal to go through, if Barcelona improve their 27million bid.
    BBC Sport quote a senior Arsenal official as saying: "The offer was made formally in writing to our chief executive (Ivan Gazidis), and we said no straight away."
    When asked if the club expected an improved offer this week, the source added: "Possibly yes, and if it's enough then I expect we'll have to sell."
    Last week, Barcelona president Sandro Rosell claimed the European champions would not break the bank for Fabregas, of whom he said: "it is clear that this year his value is less."
    During the 2010 summer transfer window, Arsenal released a statement confirming their captain was not for sale. However, so far, there has been no official comment from the Barclays Premier League club following renewed speculation over Fabregas' future.

Uploads

Gervinho - would welcome a move to Arsenal.
    GERVINHO WANTS ARSENAL MOVE - LILLE

Arsenal have yet to make a formal offer for Ivory Coast forward Gervinho, according to Lille president Michel Seydoux.
    The 24-year-old has made no secret the Gunners would be his preferred destination were the French club ready to sell.
    However, while Arsene Wenger is said to be keen to bolster his squad, suggestions a 10million deal is about to be completed would appear somewhat premature.
    Lille president Seydoux told Radio Monte Carlo: "We know that Gervinho is keen on Arsenal. For the moment, there has been simple contact, but we have not received a concrete offer yet."
    Arsenal have also been linked with Lille's Belgian starlet Eden Hazard, but Seydoux maintained the 20-year-old would remain at their club.
    It has so far been something of a slow transfer window for the Gunners, with young defender Carl Jenkinson so far the only confirmed addition in a 1m deal from Charlton.
    However, that does not mean the Gunners have been idle in their search for new talent to help end a six-season trophy drought following an implosion over the closing months of the last campaign.
    The addition of Southampton starlet Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is expected to be confirmed at the start of July ahead of Arsenal's Far East tour.
    However, the quest for more experienced cover, particularly in defence continues to prove a source of frustration.
    It appears Blackburn are holding out for an increased fee for centre-half Christopher Samba, with Bolton's Gary Cahill and Everton's Phil Jagielka other options, if likely to be more expensive.
    Spain's Under-21 midfielder Juan Mata is another reported target, rated at around 18m by Valencia, while the Gunners are also said to be tracking Argentina youngster Ricky Alvarez.
    Much could depend on whether captain Cesc Fabregas is allowed to rejoin Barcelona for a cut-price 30m, and also whether France midfielder Samir Nasri puts pen to paper on a new contract.
    Full-back Gael Clichy is another whose current deal expires next summer, and so could move on if no agreement is reached, with Liverpool and Roma possible destinations.
    Wenger will also look to jettison some of his fringe players, with the likes of Denilson and Nicklas Bendtner expected to move on ahead of the new campaign.

Uploads

Tamas - reportedly set for Lazio.
    TAMAS HEADING TO LAZIO - AGENT

West Brom defender Gabriel Tamas is close to a move to Lazio, according to his agent.
    The 27-year-old Romania international started just one match in the last three months of the season and appears set to leave the Hawthorns.
    "We are in negotiations and Lazio like the lad very much," Tamas' agent Ivan Reggiani told lalaziosiamonoi.
    "I would like to point out that we have never had contact with Cesena or Novara; the only Italian club he'll accept, apart from Milan, Inter and Juventus, is Lazio.
    "He is fascinated by the chance to play alongside his fellow countryman, Stefan Radu.
    "The Biancocelesti remain our priority and we've been in talks with them for over a month.
    "We are at an advanced stage and Tamas is very likely to wear the Lazio shirt next season. The only doubts are around his behaviour.
    "President Claudio Lotito and director Igli Tare are considering this aspect, but I can assure them Tamas is an exemplary professional.
    "He's always the first to arrive at training and the last to leave."
    Tamas, who joined West Brom on loan in January 2010 before making the move from Auxerre permanent, has three years left on his contract.

Uploads

Pato - linked with Napoli switch.
    PATO HAPPY AT AC MILAN

AC Milan forward Alexandre Pato has no intention of quitting the Rossoneri this summer.
    The Brazil international has been linked in the Italian press with a move to Napoli in an exchange deal that would see midfielder Marek Hamsik move the other way.
    However, Pato said: "I want to become a symbol at AC Milan and be an important player in the history of the club.
    "I have a contract until 2014 and I will not leave Milan for any other club.
    "I would like to remain here as long as possible until they get fed up with me."
    The 21-year-old, who joined Milan in 2008 from Internacional, scored 14 goals in 25 league appearances last season to help AC Milan win their first scudetto since 2004.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast