Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 01-07-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 01-07-11

Latest Transfer Update at 01-07-11

Jeffrey Bruma - loan switch.
    BRUMA SEALS HAMBURG LOAN DEAL

Chelsea defender Jeffrey Bruma has completed his expected move to Hamburg on an initial one-year loan deal.
    The two clubs agreed a deal for the 19-year-old Dutchman earlier this month and the move was formally rubber-stamped as Bruma put pen to paper on a 12-month deal with an option for a further year.
    "Hamburg is the best option for me," Bruma told Hamburg's official website.
    "Here, I can play at the highest level in Germany."
    Hamburg sporting director Frank Arnesen played a key role in luring Bruma to HSV, just a few weeks after taking up his new role after leaving a similar post at Stamford Bridge.
    Bruma, who is under contract at Chelsea until 2014, will join up with former Blues team-mates Michael Mancienne, Jacopo Sala and Gokhan Tore, all of whom recently penned permanent deals at the Imtech Arena.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 01-07-11

Gervinho - set for Arsenal move.
    GERVINHO CLOSE TO ARSENAL SWITCH

Lille striker Gervinho claims he is on the verge of sealing his move to Arsenal.
    The Ivory Coast international has been one of Arsene Wenger's top transfer targets this summer and it appears he is set to land his man.
    Gervinho, who has also been linked with Tottenham in the past, claims only a few minor details need to be sorted before he can complete his switch to Arsenal.
    "I chose Arsenal because it's a young group within which I will be able to integrate easily," Gervinho told France Football. "I could develop more over there. There's only a few details left to sort out."
    Asked if it was a risk swapping first-team football at Lille for a place in a squad with more competition for places, the forward replied: "A risk? Not at all. I'm going to Arsenal to play. The best risk to take is to look to score goals and to play a lot.
    "In football you have to take risks if you want to win. I'm going to Arsenal to win."
    Gervinho insists he had no worries the move would happen despite delays over the transfer as Arsenal and Lille tried to thrash out a deal.
    "I had no hesitation," continued Gervinho. "None. But in a transfer there's always a period of analysis and negotiations. All sides had to be satisfied so that things could develop smoothly.
    "I'm going there to play, not to be on the bench. Arsenal love the game. And I love teams that love the game. The Premier League is a notch above [the rest]. It's maybe the best league in the world. I want to live that sensation."

Uploads

Joey Barton - year remaining on his contract.
    NO JOEY BARTON PANIC FOR PARDEW

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew insists he is not worried about Joey Barton's contract situation at St James' Park.
    Talks over a new deal have broken down with Barton entering the final year of his contract on Tyneside.
    Barton admits he is likely to see out his contract and leave Newcastle on a free transfer next summer.
    Pardew is relaxed about the contract wrangle and is happy to allow the midfielder to run out his deal.
    "I have spoken to Joey over the summer. Unfortunately at the moment there is no new contract for him," Pardew told the Evening Chronicle.
    "He has a year remaining and I think he will stay for that year.
    "My view of it is quite open-ended.
    "I think, like a lot of players, that yearly term contracts in the Premier League are going to be the norm.
    "But who is to say that in a year's time that Joey gets a contract that he finds acceptable?"
    Pardew is confident the transfer speculation will not affect Barton's form if he does end up staying at Newcastle.
    "I am hoping he will play better than last year, I don't see why he shouldn't," added the Magpies boss.
    "He really had a fantastic season last year."

Uploads

Darren Pratley - Bolton move.
    DARREN PRATLEY JOINS BOLTON

Bolton have made their first signing of the summer after Swansea midfielder Darren Pratley agreed a four-year deal.
    The 26-year-old made 199 appearances during a five-year spell with the Swans, his last being in the npower Championship Play-off final win over Reading at Wembley which secured promotion to the Barclays Premier League.
    "We're delighted to have Darren here," Wanderers manager Owen Coyle said.
    "A number clubs were interested in him and we are pleased to have secured his services."

Uploads

Shane Long - not set for Celtic move.
    SHANE LONG OUT OF REACH FOR CELTIC

Celtic manager Neil Lennon insists Reading's valuation for Shane Long is too high for the club.
    The Parkhead outfit had been linked with a close-season move for the Republic of Ireland international.
    However, the Royals' 7million asking price for the 24-year-old ex-Cork City striker is out of the club's reach.
    "You're talking 7million and that is out of our remit," Lennon said on Long.
    One player the club are due to sign is Kenyan Victor Wanyama from Belgian side Beerschot, who will join upon being granted a work permit.
    Wanyama can be utilised in midfield, but Lennon believes his attributes mean he will adopt a defensive role for the club.
    "He's very powerful, quick and good on the ball," added Lennon.
    "He will not cost a lot of money and there is a feeling we can develop him into a really good player.
    "People talk about him as a midfielder, but we see him more as a central defender."

Uploads

Steven Caulker - set for loan switch.
    SWANSEA AGREE CAULKER LOAN SWITCH

Swansea have agreed a deal with Tottenham which will see defender Steven Caulker join the Welsh club on a season-long loan.
    The 19-year-old has impressed in previous loan spells at Yeovil and Bristol City and will strengthen the Swans' defence following their promotion to the Barclays Premier League.
    The England Under-21 international will put pen to paper within the next week on a deal which will be reviewed in January.
    City chairman Huw Jenkins told the club's official website: "We are delighted to have agreed terms with Tottenham regarding a deal for Steven.
    "The deal has been very close for the last couple of weeks. I met (Tottenham chairman) Daniel Levy at a Premier League meeting in Darlington and spoke at length about Steven.
    "We feel his general size and ability are perfect qualities to add to our team.
    "Steven is a young, upcoming player that is a big talent, and he is looking forward to being part of our squad in the Premier League.
    "It is an exciting signing for us. There was other interest in him prior to this deal being agreed, but Tottenham felt it was perfect for Steven to continue his deal here."

Uploads

Sebastian Larsson - Sunderland switch completed.
    LARSSON COMPLETES BLACK CATS MOVE

Birmingham winger Sebastian Larsson has formally completed his move to Sunderland after signing a three-year deal.
    The Black Cats confirmed last week that the 26-year-old Sweden international would be playing his football on Wearside next season, but his move would not officially go through until July 1 following the expiry of his contract at St Andrew's.
    Larsson joins Ahmed Elmohamady, Connor Wickham and Ji -Dong-won at the Stadium of Light with manager Steve Bruce having made significant early progress in his rebuilding plan.
    Bruce signed the former Arsenal trainee for the Blues for 1million in January 2007 after a successful loan spell, and he went on to make 170 appearances.
    However, he did not agree a new contract with last season's Carling Cup winners and, with a series of suitors on his trail, Bruce, who tried to sign him in January, has managed to get his man this time around.
    The manager said: "Seb was a fantastic young player for me at Birmingham and he has matured into a very good midfielder.
    "He has been courted by a number of top clubs over the summer - both in England and across Europe - so we are naturally delighted that he has chosen to come to Sunderland."
    Larsson and his new team-mates are due to report for pre-season training next week with the club pursuing further targets as they attempt to build upon last season's top-10 finish in the Barclays Premier League.
    (reopens) The club also confirmed their fifth summer signing after goalkeeper Keiren Westwood signed a three-year deal.
    The 26-year-old Republic of Ireland international agreed a Bosman free transfer to the Stadium of Light last week, but the move could not be finalised until his contract at Coventry expired at midnight.
    Westwood will battle with Belgian youngster Simon Mignolet for a place in Bruce's starting line-up with 9million man Craig Gordon recovering from a knee injury.

Uploads

Peter Beardsley - 'He is a bright, young talent'.
    MAGPIES COMPLETE ABEID DEAL

Newcastle have confirmed the signing of teenager Mehdi Abeid from French side Lens.
    The deal to bring the 18-year-old midfielder to the Barclays Premier League has been in place for some time, but the Magpies have now formalised the move on a five-year contract.
    Reserve team manager Peter Beardsley said: "We are delighted to bring Mehdi to the club.
    "He is a bright, young talent and we think he has an exciting future ahead of him.
    "After an impressive trial with us earlier in the year, I'm looking forward to working with Mehdi and developing his talent."

Uploads

Gus Poyet - pleased to sign Roland Bergkamp.
    BRIGHTON SWOOP FOR BERGKAMP

Brighton have finalised a deal to sign striker Roland Bergkamp from Dutch club Excelsior for an undisclosed fee.
    Bergkamp scored five goals in 28 appearances in the Eredivisie last season and has signed a two-year contract with the Seagulls.
    He is the nephew of Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp and Brighton boss Gus Poyet is confident his new recruit has the qualities to be a success in English football.
    "The name is going to bring plenty of memories but we ask that people forget about his uncle," Poyet told the club's official website.
    "He has the same name but he is a totally different player to Dennis and we don't want people to compare him.
    "Dennis is one of the best foreign players to have played in England and we want Roland to get as high as possible, but from the beginning we just want people to take him as a young and promising talent.
    "The new scouting system has recognised him as a young player with a lot of potential who will fit in well to English football, and we hope that he will adapt as quickly as possible to make sure he becomes a top-class player.
    "I'm sure he is willing to come and keep learning and get stronger to adapt to our style.
    "It's up to me to make sure we get the best from him, that means playing to his strengths, which I know this team is capable of doing. It's then up to him to improve and score goals."

Uploads

Sean O'Driscoll - signs Kyle Bennett.
    DONCASTER MOVE FOR BENNETT

Doncaster have swooped to sign promising midfielder Kyle Bennett from Bury for an undisclosed fee.
    Rovers were in talks earlier in the week with Bury to agree a fee for Bennett, who has signed a two-year contract at the Keepmoat Stadium.
    Bennett joined the Shakers on a two-year deal from Wolves last summer and scored twice in 35 appearances en route to the club winning promotion to League One.
    However, he is now looking forward to testing himself in the Championship after becoming Rovers manager Sean O'Driscoll's first signing of the summer.
    "The move was an easy decision for me, simply because of the way that the team play football and of how good a manager Sean O'Driscoll is," Bennett told the club's official website.
    "I like to think that I have proved myself in League Two and I am looking forward to playing in the Championship, where I will do my best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast