Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 02-07-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 02-07-11

Latest Transfer Update at 02-07-11

Wenger - says he's 'active on the phone'.
    WENGER IN NO RUSH TO STRENGTHEN

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insists he will not be rushed in the transfer market and admits it could be several weeks before he makes any significant movement.
    Gunners fans have been urging the Frenchman to strengthen his squad this summer after seeing another promising season end without silverware last term.
    A number of high-profile players have been linked with an exit from North London with Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy all tipped to depart.
    Lille striker Gervinho is expected to complete a move to Emirates Stadium in the coming days, while Southampton youngster Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is another reported target.
    Despite Manchester United making a number of significant moves, Wenger feels that the transfer market is unlikely to heat up until much closer to the start of the new season.
    "Currently, everyone is standing still," Wenger said in an interview with a French radio station.
    "Everyone expects everyone else to make the first move. Everyone holds on to their cards, hoping for the major transfer.
    "Nobody blinks until late July, early August. Then we will analyse the gaps in each team.
    "But I am very active on the phone."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 02-07-11

Neymar - plans to honour current deal.
    NEYMAR INTENDS TO HONOUR DEAL

Brazilian striker Neymar is ready to snub offers from Europe in favour of staying in his homeland.
    The 19-year-old is hot property right now, with a drawn-out transfer saga covering his every move.
    It appeared at one stage as though he would be on his way out of Santos this summer, with the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid leading the chase for his signature.
    His current employers have always maintained, however, that they will do all they can to keep the teenager in Brazil.
    Victory in the Copa Libertadores has aided their cause considerably, with Santos now set to compete in the Club World Cup in December.
    They now claim that they are to reject all bids for Neymar, having previously accepted five offers believed to be in the region of 41million.
    Neymar has also announced that he has no intention of discussing a deal with any interested party, with it his plan to see out a contract which is set to run until 2015.
    "I have a contract that I intend to honour," he told Corujao do esporte.

Uploads

Adebayor - hopes to head back to Madrid.
    ADEBAYOR WAITING ON REAL MADRID

Emmanuel Adebayor insists he is ready to wait until the end of the summer transfer window to try and seal a move to Real Madrid.
    Adebayor joined Madrid on loan from Manchester City in January and has made no secret of his desire to become a permanent part of Jose Mourinho's squad.
    No deal has yet been forthcoming, with Madrid heavily linked with South American strikers Sergio Aguero and Neymar, but Adebayor is happy to bide his time if it means he can seal a move to the Bernabeu.
    When asked about his future, he told Marca: "We have to wait. I have it clear that I want to play for Madrid and I will wait until the last day. I'm not going to sign for any team until August 31. I will wait for them until the last day at 11 at night.
    "If then Madrid have decided not to buy me, I will search for another team."
    The 27-year-old Togolese forward added about his chances of returning to Madrid, for whom he scored eight goals during his loan spell, he added: "I think that I'm an option.
    "I honestly think that I left a good impression there. I arrived for six months and I did everything I could for the shirt.
    "I settled in quickly, I played and scored goals. I did my job, although I can give more.
    "Mourinho told me that he would do everything he could for me to return to Madrid. We had a good relationship, I think that he was happy with me.
    "For me, Madrid are everything. I love the club."

Uploads

De Gea - United's new goalkeeper.
    EVRA - TOUGH TASK FOR DE GEA

Patrice Evra has warned Manchester United new boy David de Gea that filling Edwin van der Sar's boots will be tough.
    The Red Devils have opted to plump for youth over experience in their quest to find a new number one.
    Sir Alex Ferguson has had trouble between the sticks in the past, with numerous candidates having tried and failed to match the legendary Peter Schmeichel before Van der Sar arrived at Old Trafford in 2005.
    Six years on and Spanish youngster De Gea has been charged with the task of filling the void and helping United cement their standing at the summit of English football.
    Pressure will be on the 20-year-old to hit the ground running, while an 18million price tag will need to be justified.
    United full-back Evra is confident that De Gea can fulfil his potential at Old Trafford and become a mainstay in the side for years to come, but acknowledges that there will be little margin for error.
    "David is a good goalkeeper," said the Frenchman.
    "We don't know him yet, but we'll give him a nice welcome.
    "It's never easy to replace a big keeper like Van der Sar and I'm a little bit sad that Edwin has retired, but De Gea is the future now.
    "He has to work hard because it's not easy to do the job Edwin did, but he'll be given every opportunity."

Uploads

Nasri - being chased by Man City & Man United.
    WENGER: NASRI NOT DONE AT ARSENAL

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is keen to keep hold of Samir Nasri as rumours continue over the France international's future.
    The 24-year old midfielder netted 15 goals for the Gunners last season and has attracted interest from all over the world - as well as from Premier League rivals Manchester United and Manchester City.
    But Wenger said of his compatriot: "We will do everything to keep Nasri at the club. My wish is that he stays here.
    "If he looks back he can see that he's come quite a long way with us, and I think there is still a bit to do. It's the club that makes the player's career."
    On the potential departures of Cesc Fabregas and Gael Clichy, Wenger added: "Obviously we want them to stay. They are part of Arsenal and big players for the club so we want them to stay, but we will see."

Uploads

Jarvis - working hard to stay at Wolves.
    MATT JARVIS: I'M STAYING AT WOLVES

Wolves winger Matthew Jarvis is adamant he will stay at Molineux despite interest from other clubs.
    The England international, 25, has been tipped to make a switch to Aston Villa before the new campaign - but is solely focused on helping Wanderers.
    Jarvis said: "I'm still working really hard to make sure I'm staying at Wolves.
    "This will be my fifth season and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Personally, I'm looking to play in the same amount of games as last season and play as consistently well as I did last time.
    "I can still improve my game as well as score more goals and hopefully I can help keep Wolves up again but also to improve our position."
    Jarvis arrived at the club from Gillingham in 2007 for an undisclosed fee.

Uploads

Shawcross - not seeking a move.
    SHAWCROSS WANTS STOKE STAY

Stoke skipper Ryan Shawcross insists he has no intention of leaving the Britannia Stadium this summer.
    The 23-year-old has been linked with both Liverpool and Tottenham but says he is happy to remain with the Potters.
    "I suppose if you are linked with clubs it shows you are doing well," Shawcross told the Sentinel. "But I am a Stoke player, I have signed a contract here and I am happy here.
    "The chairman has said the club aren't going to sell me. I don't want to leave and I am looking forward to the new season.
    "Any young player in the Premier League is going to have speculation written about him, but it doesn't bother me."

Uploads

Goodwillie - advised to move to England.
    GOODWILLIE ADVISED TO HEAD SOUTH

Dundee United manager Peter Houston has advised striker David Goodwillie to move to the English league if the opportunity arises.
    Rangers had a bid for the forward rejected earlier in the week and Cardiff have reportedly agreed to meet United's 2million asking price, although club officials were unable to confirm that with chairman Stephen Thompson in the United States.
    Blackpool are also thought to be interested in the 22-year-old, who scored 19 goals last season.
    Houston believes Goodwillie, whose Scotland career is on hold following an assault charge and a police investigation into an alleged serious sexual assault, would be better off leaving Scotland.
    Houston said: "If Rangers match any bids from somebody else then it is up to David where he goes.
    "That will be fine by me because ultimately it will be his decision.
    "But, in my opinion, he should get out of the limelight and start afresh elsewhere.
    "There is no doubt that out of all the clubs mentioned Rangers are by far the biggest.
    "But as someone who knows David well and has worked with him for five years, with all the troubles he's had off the field, he would be better going elsewhere.
    "Is it in David's best interests to go into the goldfish bowl that is Glasgow? I don't think so.
    "What I'm saying is not a criticism of Rangers and also not because I don't want him coming back to play against us."

Uploads

Little - new deal with Rangers.
    LITTLE SEALS RANGERS DEAL

Northern Ireland international Andrew Little has signed a new one-year contract with Rangers.
    The versatile player had opened negotiations last season, but a hip problem derailed talks as he was out of action from October.
    The 22-year-old, who has played at full-back and up front, will miss the club's pre-season training camp in Germany next week but is looking forward to returning to training ahead of the new season.
    Rangers reported the deal after Little announced the signing on his Twitter account.
    He said: "Just to let you all know, I've eventually signed a new contract.
    "It all dragged on a bit but signed a one-year extension this afternoon.
    "(I'm) desperate to get playing again. Not going to Germany. Hopefully fully fit in two to three weeks. Being out so long makes me want it more!"
    Meanwhile, Rangers owner Craig Whyte has assured supporters that transfer dealings are in the pipeline despite a frustrating summer so far.
    Manager Ally McCoist has seen attempts to sign the likes of Craig Conway and Neil Danns fail, while bids for Hearts left-back Lee Wallace and Dundee United striker David Goodwillie fell short this week.
    McCoist also admitted his interest in bringing Arsenal defender Kyle Bartley and Aston Villa centre-half Carlos Cuellar back to Ibrox at the start of the summer.
    And Whyte has moved to assuage doubts over his ability to bring in players.
    He told Blues News: "We have got several offers out there, we're talking to several players behind the scenes and we are very confident that we'll have some new players in very soon."

Uploads

Eriksson - eyeing new faces for Leicester.
    ERIKSSON EYES TERRIFIC TREBLE

Sven-Goran Eriksson is keen to complete deals to bring three more players to Leicester in the coming days.
    The Swede has already recruited Lee Peltier, Kasper Schmeichel and Neil Danns but is close to securing a number of other targets.
    He has held talks with striker Craig Mackail-Smith after Peterborough accepted City's 3million bid last weekend and the 27-year-old is expected to complete his move shortly.
    A number of other players are being linked with the Foxes and Eriksson said: "For sure, there will be maybe three more players coming in soon.
    "The ambitions of the club are high. We have to try to have 20 outfield players who can compete with each other and three good goalkeeping options."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast