Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good motors

Uploads

Good motors

Hi, I would like to buy a new motor and wanted advice for the best motors for atleast 90 cm dish?The last two i had used to most of the times miss satellites programed on my receivers.

Re: Good motors

Hi i think you should try for a tm2600 motor. From my experience they are very good and accurate. I have fitted five of these motors in the last few months and everyone is happy with them. The motor is USALS and DISECQ(1.2) compatible. The motor in the UK cost less than 50 pounds. I am a bit puzzled by your comments that the motors you have had have missed the satellites. Usually the reason for this is that you have not aligned the dish correctly on the first satellite. If you are located in the UK the best satellite to align your dish initially is THOR at 1 WEST. When you have found this satellite and the signal level is good and you are able to view the channels then send the dish to another satellite like HOTBIRD at 13 EAST using USALS. Remember that USALS will know where HOTBIRD is from 1 WEST. This applies to all other satellites when using USALS. This is why is it important to get the first satellite setup correctly when using USALS. When you send the dish to HOTBIRD and find that you get no signal the reasons for this could be that the frequency you are trying to find is incorrect or you may need to adjust the dish slightly up or down. My advice to anybody thinking of putting a motor on their dish is to make sure that the frequencies for each satellite is up to date. Remember also that your dish size determines what satellites you can pickup. If you intent to use DISECQ ( 1.2) instead of USALS you will need to find the satellites manually by moving the dish using the remote and then saving the positions when the strongest signal is achieved. Again you will need to make sure that the frequency you are looking for is correct for each satellite that you are looking for. Please remember that whether you use USALS or DISECQ you may need time and patience to get it right. My advice is to use USALS because it will find the satellites automatically for you so long as the first satellite is correctly setup. Good luck.

Uploads

Gotta agree with Zanny, the motor is not at fault of hitting satellites. It's either your dish alignment is not correct or your positioning system needs to be adjusted. I use a Optibox DM3800 Speedy that works well. Good luck!

Thank you ebbhead for agreeing with me. From my recent experience in fitting motors the main problem was always the dish alignment. I noticed that the smaller dishes up to 60cm were easier to track the satellites than bigger dishes when using USALS. I think that this is because the surface area on smaller dishes is much less than bigger dishes and therefore the LNB has more chance of seeing the signals. With bigger dishes the alignment becomes more difficult and can take more time to get it right. Regards.

Uploads

Zanny actually the opposite is true. A larger dish (larger surface/focal area) benefits much more and gives better reception to the LNB. This is why you need a larger dish to reach weaker sats/transponders and overcome rain fade. Makes sense don't you think? With a larger dish you should pick up signals far sooner than with a small dish, then you just need to peak the signal. Alignment for either a small or large dish is accomplished with the same steps, so one shouldn't be harder than the other...but of course personal experience and know how and proper essential equipment plays into it ;) I routinely do installs from 60cm dishes with HH motors to 240cm size dishes with actuator arms.

Hopefully the OP will reconsider if he really needs another motor, as it is not the motors fault for not picking up sats :)

Ebbhead i agree with you totally regarding the fact that larger dishes are great for weaker signals etc etc. My point was that from my limited experience in installing motors i noticed that smaller dishes gave me less headaches than larger dishes. This is why i made the comments. I noticed a strange thing when setting up a motor using USALS. My lat/long settings for LONDON according to the experts is 00.1 WEST and 51.5 NORTH. I have changed these settings to different figures and the motor still stops at the right places. In your opinion are these lat/long setting actually required? I am beginning to think that as the motor knows when to stop when going from one satellite to another the lat/long setting may not be required. Please give me your opinion. Regards.

Uploads

Zanny those lat/longs for London are correct. It is not a figure that comes from "experts", but rather where your location actually is on the planet. :) And yes, they are required....that's why they are input into the receiver. The lat/long is needed so the software can calculate how far and which direction the motor needs to travel to reach a given sat. While you may have changed the values, they may still be stored in memory; or you made a very small change that still allows reception.

I need also this model"tm2600" man for the same problem please tell me about the price of these motor models soon.

Uploads

Abbott if you read above, Zanny already did talk about the price! Also, can't you do a search on Google and find it yourself??

Take it from me that this model, TM2600, is a very good motor. The accuracy is great you need to see it to believe it and quite easy to set up if you follow the instructions carefully.. Like i said the price around London is about 50 pounds but you may be able to find it cheaper if you shop around. Thanks to Ebbhead for comments regarding my query with the lat/long settings. Regards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast