Belgacom TV has launched its TV Everywhere service allowing customers to watch TV on a TV set, tablet or smartphone (via Wi-Fi at home or outside the home, and via 3G within Belgium. In a few weeks, it will also be possible to watch TV on a desktop or laptop. “Now, your TV follows you everywhere: in the tram, in a park, at a cafe, etc,” according to the operator.
The Belgacom TV Everywhere application is now available on Android; for Apple iPhone and iPad, the application is currently awaiting Apple’s approval.
TV Everywhere consists of the following services:
- TV Live: up to 16 channels initially, but the offer will be expanded. (RTL TVI, Club RTL, Plug, EEN, Canvas/Ketnet, Trace, Canal J, MCM, Tiji, AB3, AB4, Nick Jr. (FR&NL), Acht, Belgacom Zoom (FR&NL))
- Throughout the 2011-2012 season, Multi Live, the matches of the Jupiler Pro League, two matches by game day of the Portuguese Primeira Liga and other top European matches (August 12, 2011 Valencia – AS Roma and August 24 Real Madrid – Galatasaray)
- Exclusive content such as concerts of Orzak Henry, Arsenal, Selah Sue and Coldplay, last Saturday, July 2 from the Werchter pop festival.
- On demand: 34 movies (21 in French and 13 in Dutch) to begin with, in a catalogue that will be expanded.
- Access to the Belgacom TV guide (+ possibility to personalize this TV guide).
- Exclusively for Belgacom TV customers: remote programming of recordings on Belgacom TV.
All Belgacom TV customers can try out TV Everywhere for free during the summer, before the commercial launch in October. This free trail includes the movies on demand. Customers who subscribe to mobile internet option can also watch TV for free, one hour per month, on the 3G network. (Picture courtesy Belgacom TV)