Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 10-07-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 10-07-11

Latest Transfer Update at 10-07-11

Gianni Zuiverloon - moved to Real Mallorca.
    ZUIVERLOON MAKES MALLORCA MOVE

Real Mallorca have completed the signing of defender Gianni Zuiverloon from West Brom.
    The Dutchman has joined the Balearic Island club on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
    Zuiverloon moved to West Brom from Heerenveen for 3.2million in July 2008 and impressed initially before struggling to hold down a place in the starting XI last season.
    The 24-year-old was pleased to have been given the chance to relaunch his career in the Primera Division.
    He told Mallorca's official website, www.rcdmallorca.es: "I am very happy and I will do my best as a player for Real Mallorca.
    "I hope to become a better player and help the team. I will do everything possible to help the team have a good season."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-07-11

McCoist - wants another defender.
    GERS KEEN ON RODRIGUEZ

Rangers have confirmed they are keen on bringing Espanyol defender Raul Rodriguez to Ibrox this summer.
    The SPL champions have already made one Spanish raid during the close season having landed Juanma Ortiz.
    Gers boss Ally McCoist revealed he wanted another defender on Saturday and now Rodriguez's name has been confirmed.
    The club's director of football, Gordon Smith, says the club are considering a deal having held initial talks with Espanyol.
    "He's a player we're considering," commented Smith.
    "We've spoken to Espanyol and we'll speak to them again to try to come to an agreement over a fee.
    "They've given us an idea of what they're looking for, so hopefully we can get something done."
    Rodriguez spent three seasons with Gramenet in Spain's Second Division B before joining Catalonia neighbours Espanyol in summer 2010.

Uploads

Arsene Wenger - sent Wellington on loan.
    GUNNERS YOUNGSTER LOANED TO LEVANTE

Arsenal's highly-rated young Brazilian forward Wellington has rejoined Levante on a season-long loan deal, the Barclays Premier League club have confirmed on their website.
    Wellington, 18, joined Arsenal from Fluminense last year and featured in two pre-season friendlies for the Gunners before he spent the second half of the season with Levante.
    The youngster played for Brazil in the 2009 FIFA Under-17 World Cup but has yet to feature in a first-team squad for Arsenal and will again look to gain experience out on loan.

Uploads

Modric - wants to leave Spurs.
    MODRIC: LEVY THREATENED ME

Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric claims the club's chairman Daniel Levy threatened to make him sit in the stands unless he accepted Spurs' position that he is not for sale.
    Modric, 25, has been the subject of a 22million bid from London rivals Chelsea but Levy rejected the offer and insisted he will not let Spurs' key man leave, although the player himself claims that stance has broken an agreement the two men struck up last summer.
    "I reminded the chairman of our gentleman's agreement when we were in Dubrovnik last summer and I agreed a contract extension with Tottenham," Modric told Croatian newspaper Sportske Novosti.
    "At that time, I had an open chat with Levy - that if a bigger club came in with a concrete offer, we would consider it and agree the best solution for all concerned.
    "Now Levy doesn't want to talk to me and said there is no possibility that I can leave Spurs. He threatened me - he said if I didn't accept the club's stance, they would make me sit on the bench or in the stands."
    Levy held crisis talks with Modric last week and reported immediately afterwards that the player would remain at White Hart Lane, but the former Dinamo Zagreb man had a different view on the success of the discussions.
    "A lot has been published in the press about the meeting with Levy, who gave the public a twisted account of what happened. I must say that I am genuinely disappointed about what Levy said to me. He didn't care about what I was telling him. It all only convinced me further that I was right to consider moving on to another club," he said.
    "I hope that eventually he will understand the situation and that we will reach an agreement and go our separate ways in an appropriate manner."
    Modric maintains that joining Chelsea would be a "dream" for him.
    "There is no doubt that Chelsea want me - they sent a concrete offer to Tottenham," he added.
    "I know that the new Chelsea boss (Andre Villas-Boas) said he wants me in his team. Of course I am flattered by this interest in me - it's a club that all players dream of joining, fighting for every competition available.
    "It wasn't a snap decision - I talked a long time with my family and people whose opinions I respect. I thought about it, weighed it all up, and finally decided this was the best option," he added.

Uploads

Phillips - signed for Blackpool.
    KEVIN PHILLIPS JOINS SEASIDERS

Kevin Phillips has joined Blackpool on a free transfer from Birmingham after agreeing a one-year deal with the option for a further year.
    The 37-year-old striker, who won eight England caps, has scored 254 goals in 561 career appearances and is relishing the challenge with Ian Holloway's side.
    The former Watford, Sunderland, Southampton, Aston Villa and West Brom forward has joined the Seasiders in Portugal for their pre-season training camp.
    He told the club's official website: "I did a fair bit of work last year for Sky television watching Blackpool when I was commentating.
    "Like everyone else in the country, I enjoyed watching Blackpool play and creating chances. It was exciting to watch and Ian Holloway is an infectious manager. That was certainly a major factor in me wanting to join Blackpool.
    "I've scored many goals in my career and I still believe I've got many in me. Hopefully I can get on the end of a few of those chances that we create."

Uploads

Hutton - Villa target.
    VILLA STEP UP HUTTON HUNT

Skysports.com understands Aston Villa are in advanced talks with Tottenham regarding Alan Hutton.
    Villa boss Alex McLeish has identified the Spurs full-back as a top target this summer, as he attempts to put his own stamp on a squad inherited from Gerard Houllier.
    It is believed that Harry Redknapp is willing to discuss a deal, as he prepares to make Kyle Walker his first-choice right-back at White Hart Lane.
    Hutton has struggled to hold down regular first-team football throughout his four years with Spurs, making just over 50 appearances since completing a move from Rangers.
    He would relish the opportunity to start afresh at Villa, especially as he has worked with McLeish before during their time together at Ibrox.
    It is understood that talks are progressing nicely, with Villa close to agreeing a fee for the 26-year-old Scotland international.

Uploads

Kisnorbo - new Leeds deal.
    KISNOROBO SIGNS LEEDS DEAL

Leeds United have confirmed that Australian defender Patrick Kisnorbo has signed a new two-year contract.
    The 30-year-old mustered just 10 minutes of Championship action last season after needing 14 months to recover from an Achilles injury.
    However, Kisnorbo is fully fit and expected to play a full part in pre-season training before competing for a spot in manager Simon Grayson's first team.
    Grayson is delighted to resolve Kisnorbo's future as the former Leicester City man is a firm fans' favourite after greatly impressing in his debut season as Leeds won promotion from League One.
    "We're delighted to get things finalised with Paddy," Grayson told the club's official website.
    "He's had a tough time, but we know what he is all about and what he brings to the team. He is a very important member of our squad.
    "The deal shows the commitment of both the club and Paddy and it's great to have him back with everyone after being out for so long."

Uploads

Downing - Arsenal target?
    GUNNERS DRAWN TO DOWNING

Skysports.com understands Arsenal have lodged an 18million bid for Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing.
    Arsene Wenger has been surprisingly quiet in the transfer market so far this summer, with the Gunners yet to show their hand.
    It is, however, widely acknowledged that they will require fresh faces if they are to challenge for the Premier League title this season.
    They may even struggle to retain their top-four standing if they fail to add, with a number of their rivals having been busy bolstering their ranks.
    England international Downing has been identified as one possible new recruit, and it is understood that a big-money offer was put to Villa on Friday.
    The 26-year-old has hinted that he will be on his way out of Villa Park in the near future, with contract talks having been shelved.
    Liverpool are also keen on the former Middlesbrough man, and it is believed that they remain the favourites to secure his signature.
    Kenny Dalglish is, however, yet to meet Villa's asking price and Arsenal are hoping they can lure Downing to the capital.

Uploads

Bruce - fresh faces for the Black Cats.
    STEVE BRUCE BENEFITS FROM SALE

Steve Bruce believes the decision to sell Jordan Henderson has helped to make Sunderland stronger.
    The Black Cats offloaded the England U21 midfielder to Liverpool, bringing in around 16million.
    The funds generated from that deal, added to the 24million sale of Darren Bent to Aston Villa in January, has handed Bruce a healthy summer transfer kitty.
    He has set about putting that money to good use, with Sunderland having drafted in nine fresh faces during the current transfer window.
    Bruce admits he would rather not have had to part with his prized assets, but feels his squad is in better shape now than it was at the end of the 2010/11 campaign.
    "We were all saddened by the loss of Jordan," he said.
    "But sometimes in football, if it happens and it's the right price - and you can better your squad - then you have to make a sacrifice.
    "We have used the money wisely, investing it in making the team and the club stronger and better.
    "The sale of Jordan has enabled us to bring in nine new players over the summer - and I don't think we're finished yet."

Uploads

Walcott - wants additions to the squad.
    WALCOTT: BIGGER IS BETTER

Theo Walcott believes bolstering Arsenal's strength in depth is the key to ending the club's unwanted six-year trophy drought.
    The Gunners have not won silverware since lifting the 2005 FA Cup, a period that has incensed their success-thirsty fans.
    Arsenal play some attractive football along with winning over neutrals, however, it has not brought success in recent seasons.
    Walcott insists he will be watching the club's transfer activity this summer, especially to see if they can retain their star players.
    The likes of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri have been linked with moves and Walcott believes it is imperative their key man remain.
    "We play great football but we might need a bigger squad," said Walcott. "We also need to keep hold of our best players.
    "The boss has said that he is going to spend as well and add to the team. That will be crucial.
    "I will be very keen to see who comes and goes. As a team last season it was disappointing.
    "We need to move that step closer and maybe should have done a lot better in the last stretch.
    "There are a lot of teams like Manchester City and Liverpool coming into the frame now. It is not going to be an easy Premier League.
    "We need to concentrate on the future and hopefully it is going to be bright for us next season."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast