Poland has officially launched an information campaign on its transition to digital broadcasting.
Quoted in Wirtualne Media, Magdalena Gaj, the deputy minister of infrastructure, said that it would go on until July 31, 2013, the date the country has set for its analogue switch off.
She added that a nine TV spots, costing a total of PLN492,000 (€122,147), had already been prepared for the campaign.
They would be supplemented by three-minute clips that would be shown by all broadcasters, as well as a press campaign and a newly launched website (www.cyfryzacja.gov.pl).
Gaj also said that the government had allocated PLN2 million to the campaign for next year.
Poland launched two DTT multiplexes late last year and a third is expected to make its debut shortly.