Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 16-07-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 16-07-11

Latest Transfer Update at 16-07-11

Cisse - happy in Germany.
    CISSE PLANS FREIBURG STAY

Freiburg striker Papiss Cisse has insisted he is flattered by reported interest from the Premier League but feels another year in the Bundesliga might be best for his development.
    Blackburn have been tracking the Senegal international for some time, while Arsenal and Dinamo Moscow have also been linked with a move.
    Freiburg recently revealed that they had yet to receive an offer for the 26-year-old, who scored 22 goals last season.
    And Cisse is planning to remain in Germany for another 12 months despite taking satisfaction from the stories that he is attracting widespread attention.
    He told skysports.com: "I have been linked with clubs but like my sport director keeps on saying, there is no offer for me yet from any club.
    "To be linked with the Premier League is fantastic, but to be honest one more year in the Bundesliga can teach me some lessons about top-flight football."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-07-11

Sergio Aguero - Man City transfer target.
    AGUERO A MAN CITY TARGET - MANCINI

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has confirmed his interest in Sergio Aguero should his Argentina team-mate Carlos Tevez get his wish and move away from Eastlands.
    Aguero has said a move to England would be of interest to him, with Chelsea also having been linked to the 23-year-old Atletico Madrid man.
    Tevez has told City he wants to leave in order to spend more time with his children, although the club are understood to want in the region of 50million for him. Brazilian side Corinthians have had a bid of 40million turned down for the Argentinian, and their president Andres Sanchez said Italian side Juventus had made an even bigger offer for the player.
    Mancini has already given thought to the role Aguero could play at City, and told Sky Sports News: "Aguero is a player that can play for Manchester City because he is young and he is a good player like Carlos. He can score a lot of goals and can play with Mario (Balotelli), with Edin (Dzeko)... it could be (that he joins)."
    Aguero has also been linked with a move to Atletico's city rivals Real Madrid, as well as Juventus.
    Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri was also confirmed as a target for Mancini, and he is hopeful he could tie up a deal for the Frenchman "before the end of the month".
    Nasri has one year left on his contract with the Gunners and has been linked with a move away from the Emirates Stadium.
    Mancini added: "Samir is under contract with Arsenal. Also for Samir it depends on many things."
    Asked if an offer has been made for Nasri, Mancini continued: "I don't know in this moment, I don't know the situation but for Nasri it is difficult.
    "I hope that we can buy because we need other players, and I hope that this player can arrive before the end of the month."

Uploads

Tevez - keen to leave Man City.
    MANCINI RESPECTS TEVEZ CHOICE

Roberto Mancini claims he respects Carlos Tevez's decision to ask to leave Manchester City.
    Tevez has informed the club that he wants to quit City for personal reasons as he wants to be closer to his family in Argentina.
    The Argentina international submitted a transfer request in December, before pledging his commitment to the club after clear-the-air talks.
    However, Tevez is hoping to secure a move away from City this summer and Mancini admits he can understand the player's thinking and respects his decision.
    Speaking to Sky Sports News, Mancini said: "When you talk about a player like Carlos it's difficult because Carlos is a fantastic player, a good guy for me.
    "Probably if we lose Carlos, we lose an important player.
    "It is important that every player is happy to stay here or in our team, this is the most important thing for me.
    "Every time I spoke to Carlos he never said to me 'I want to leave', he said he is missing his daughters, his family
    "I am very sorry if Carlos wants to leave because for me he is a good man and he's a fantastic player, but I respect his decision."
    Brazilian side Corinthians are thought to be leading the chase to sign Tevez and they are believed to have tabled a new bid for the forward after seeing their initial bid rejected earlier this week.
    Mancini hopes to bring in Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero should Tevez depart.

Uploads

Cuellar - could bre returning to Rangers.
    GERS AGREE CUELLAR FEE

Rangers have had a bid accepted by Aston Villa for Carlos Cuellar, although boss Ally McCoist insists there is still work to be done to finalise a deal.
    Cuellar enjoyed an impressive season at Ibrox in 2007/8 before making the move to England to join Villa.
    He fell down the pecking order last season and Rangers have been holding talks over a possible transfer since identifying him as a top target earlier in the summer.
    A significant breakthrough has now been made in those discussions with the two clubs agreeing a fee, and McCoist is hopeful of re-signing the Spanish defender.
    "That would be great but there is still a bit of work to be done," he told Sky Sports News.
    "A fee has been agreed between the clubs. In an ideal world we would get the deal over the line and get Carlos up to rejoin us because he was a wonderful player for us and was thought of very highly.
    "We have made no secret of the fact we want him back, so hopefully Carlos and one or two others will join us in the next week."
    McCoist is keen to bring in a number of other reinforcements before Gers start their SPL title defence with a home game against Hearts next Saturday.
    Bursaspor striker Kenny Miller is one player on their radar but McCoist does not know if he will come back to the Glasgow club for a third stint.
    "That is a possibility. We haven't been in touch with Bursaspor at all but I wouldn't rule anybody out at this stage," said McCoist.
    "We are certainly looking to bring three or four players into the squad for the start next Saturday.

Uploads

Eidur Gudjohnsen - West Ham target.
    HAMMERS MAY MISS OUT ON GUDJOHNSEN

West Ham could lose out on the signing of Eidur Gudjohnsen to AEK Athens.
    Reports from Greece on Saturday claim the 32-year-old forward, who underwent a medical at West Ham on Thursday, has been offered a two-year contract by AEK.
    The Hammers are understood to have offered only a one-year deal to Gudjohnsen, who is a free agent following his release by Stoke.
    New West Ham manager Sam Allardyce wanted to add the Iceland international to an attack which has been shorn of Demba Ba, Robbie Keane and Victor Obinna following the club's relegation, but now may have to look elsewhere.
    Former Chelsea and Barcelona forward Gudjohnsen came to prominence under Allardyce at Bolton, where he scored 27 goals in 77 appearances before making a 5million switch to Stamford Bridge in 2000.
    Gudjohnsen has come close to moving to Upton Park before, in January 2010, only to change his mind and join Tottenham instead.
    The indication of AEK's interest comes less than 24 hours after Hammers striker Carlton Cole turned down a 6million transfer to Stoke.

Uploads

Khumalo - could go out on loan.
    KHUMALO COY ON GERS LOAN

Tottenham defender Bongani Khumalo insists it is too early to be speculating on a possible loan switch to Rangers.
    Harry Redknapp revealed earlier this month that he would be prepared to send out the South African on a temporary basis to gain further experience.
    Rangers manager Ally McCoist later confirmed that he was planning to hold talks with Redknapp regarding Khumalo and Spurs team-mate Jake Livermore.
    Khumalo is delighted to hear that a club of Rangers' stature might be interested but is refusing to look too far ahead.
    The 24-year-old is currently on tour with Tottenham in his homeland ahead of the Vodacom Challenge.
    "Firstly, it is still early days and I still have to sit down with my manager (Glyn Binkin) to find the way forward," he told Football365.co.za.
    "First of all I'm a Spurs player and that's good enough for me. What happens going forward will all be in due time."
    Speaking about Rangers, Khumalo added: "It is a good club and they play good football and that's very important but it is way too early to be commenting on it.
    "I'm still here at Spurs and if there has been interest from Rangers then that's truly amazing."
    Khumalo joined Spurs in January from SuperSport United before spending the second half of last season on loan with Preston in the Championship.
    He suffered a foot injury but is now fully recovered and looking to perform well for both club and country over the next few months.
    He said: "I can't be negative, but I must continue to work hard. I must be strong mentally and that is what the game is about.
    "I'm happy to be fit again, but we all know what the requirements are to play for the national team and that is you must play football at club level and that's what I aim to do."

Uploads

Henrique - loan deal.
    HENRIQUE HEADS TO PALMEIRAS

Spanish champions Barcelona have confirmed they have agreed to loan Brazilian defender Henrique Adriano Buss to Palmeiras for next season.
    Barcelona confirmed centre-back Henrique, 24, would return to his homeland with Palmeiras announcing the loan move on their official website.
    "Barcelona and Palmeiras have agreed that the centre-back Henrique Adriano Buss will play in the Brazilian league for the 2011/12 season," said a statement on their website.
    Henrique, capped once by Brazil, joined Barcelona for 8million in June 2008 but the defender was immediately loaned out to German side Bayer Leverkusen.
    Henrique has spent the past two campaigns on loan at La Liga side Racing Santander and has yet to make his Barcelona debut.

Uploads

Modric - wants to join Chelsea.
    MODRIC 'SUBMITS TRANSFER REQUEST'

Luka Modric has reportedly handed in a transfer request to Tottenham.
    Modric's future at White Hart Lane has been the subject of intense speculation all summer with Chelsea chasing the Croatian's signature, and now Sky Sports claim he has submitted a formal transfer request.
    Chelsea have already seen bids of 22million and 27million for the 25-year-old rejected as they attempt to lure him to Stamford Bridge.
    It was widely expected Modric would hand in a transfer request in a bid to force a move away from Tottenham and it is understood he has now made that request in writing.
    Modric is currently with Spurs on their pre-season tour of South Africa, but is currently suffering with an ankle injury.
    Spurs boss Harry Redknapp and Spurs chairman Daniel Levy have repeatedly insisted Modric is not for sale at any price, and it's far from certain a transfer request will alter that stance.

Uploads

Samir Nasri - Manchester City target.
    MANCINI'S NASRI CLAIM IRKS WENGER

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has hit out over Roberto Mancini's claim that Manchester City want to sign Samir Nasri.
    The City boss told Sky Sports News he hopes to sign Nasri by "the end of the month" - prompting a furious reaction from his Arsenal counterpart.
    Speaking at a post-match press conference following the Gunners' 1-1 draw with Hangzhou Greentown on Saturday, the Frenchman branded Mancini's comments "absolutely out of order".
    "These comments are not allowed," he added. "They are against the basic rules of football and Roberto Mancini should be informed
    "What we want is respect - we will not comment on footballers at other clubs. It's time football in England came back within basic rules."
    Asked if he felt he had been disrespected, Wenger answered: "I cannot say otherwise. This comment is absolutely out of order."

Uploads

Courtois - heading for Stamford Bridge.
    CHELSEA AGREE COURTOIS DEAL

Chelsea have agreed to sign highly-rated teenage goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois on a five-year deal from Genk, according to the Belgian champions.
    Reports suggest the Stamford Bridge outfit have splashed out nine million euros (7.9million) to land the well-regarded 19-year-old.
    Courtois, who has been compared to former Manchester United man Edwin van der Sar, has been earning rave reviews for his performances in Belgium.
    And Genk admitted they had little option but to let him leave once the Blues made their intentions plain with a substantial bid.
    "We received an enormous offer that gave us no choice but to let our goalkeeper leave," Genk director Dirk Degraen told a press conference.
    "But I have mixed feelings about this transfer. Genk wanted Thibaut to stay a bit longer."
    Courtois, who has already been capped by his country despite his age, was under contract in his homeland until 2014 and does not expect immediate first-team action in west London.
    "Chelsea see me as the successor to Petr Cech," he admitted recently.
    "It won't happen in one or two years, but in three, four or five years. I can therefore work on my development in peace."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast