Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 24-07-11

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Latest Transfer Update at 24-07-11

    Latest Transfer Update at 24-07-11

    De Jong: Contract talks broken down
    NEW NIGEL DE JONG DEAL ON ICE

    Midfielder Nigel de Jong has revealed that contract talks with Manchester City have broken down.
    The Holland international has two years to run on his current deal at Eastlands and has established himself as one of the key figures at the club since joining from Hamburg two years ago.
    The 26-year-old had hoped to sign a contract extension before the new season, with City due to meet cross-city rival United in the Community Shield on August 7.
    De Jong may, however, be forced to wait until after the new campaign begins after revealing discussions had ended.
    "There's no update on my contract because talks have stopped," he told The People.
    "Maybe something will happen again when the season starts, but at the moment it is a little frustrating for me.
    "I can't go into details other than to say that I couldn't reach an agreement with the club, so we will have to see what happens in the future.
    "I was hoping that it would all be agreed this summer and that hasn't happened.
    "It has frustrated me but I am a patient man and we will have to see what happens."
    De Jong's City team-mate Micah Richards has also revealed his frustration at the lack of opportunities he has had under England boss Fabio Capello.
    The defender has made just one appearance under the Italian, against France in November last year, since he took over the Three Lions three years ago.
    "I don't know why I'm not playing for England - but that's something only Fabio Capello can answer," he told the Sunday Mirror.
    "Why I haven't been given a chance I can't understand. When I came in against France I thought I did well, yet I was left out again for the next international.
    "The manager has never explained his way of thinking to me and it has got to the point where I just don't think about the England thing any more."
    Richards, who made his England debut at the age of 18 five years ago, believes he is one of the best full-back in the world, adding: "When I'm fit I feel I am as good as anyone not just in the Premier League or Europe, but in the world.
    "People might say that I am arrogant, but when I am 100 per cent fit and fully focused then I am as good as anyone around."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-07-11

    Ferguson: Looking at dressing room for central midfielders
    FERGIE: NEW ARRIVALS UNLIKELY

    Sir Alex Ferguson insists Manchester United are not in the market for new summer signings after cooling reports he could sign a midfielder.
    At various points in the summer, Samir Nasri, Luka Modric and Wesley Sneijder have all been linked with big-money moves to United.
    However, Nasri and Modric appear bound for Manchester City and Chelsea should they leave Arsenal and Tottenham respectively, whilst any deal to sign Sneijder apparently looks too expensive for Ferguson to sanction.
    It means the United boss could end up going into the new campaign with the players already at his disposal, which would mean the likes of Anderson having to step up on the efforts of previous years.
    "We are always looking for good quality players," said Ferguson after Saturday night's 3-1 win over Chicago Fire at Soldier Field.
    "We started the season with the players we have and I am satisfied with that.
    "We are not looking at the moment but we are looking at combinations of central midfielders now at the club."
    Trailing at the interval, United needed to complete a second-half comeback to secure their win.
    They were inspired by a magnificent goal from Wayne Rooney, who replaced Dimitar Berbatov at half-time and produced the perfect lob from Rio Ferdinand's lofted pass.
    "It was a perfect ball from Ferdinand but it was a difficult chance to take with the goalkeeper rushing out and the defenders chasing back at him," observed Ferguson.
    "It takes a good deal of skill to control in that position."
    Rafael and Nani ensured United maintained their 100% record ahead of the most testing couple of games of the tour.
    The Red Devils tackle an MLS All-Stars team set to include David Beckham and Thierry Henry at Red Bull Arena on Wednesday before their Champions League final rematch with Barcelona in Washington next Saturday evening.
    It should offer a more significant test for David de Gea, who, for all Chicago's threat, did not have much to do and, after a couple of viewings, Ferguson conceded had no chance with Cory Gibbs' opener.
    "He was impressive," reflected the United boss of his 18million summer recruit from Atletico Madrid.
    "He is always handling shots and saving well. Technically he is very good.
    "When they scored the first goal I thought he could have come out more but when I looked at it again he had absolutely no chance.
    "Overall, he was great today."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-07-11

    McFadden - no Swansea interest says Jenkins.
    SWANSEA DISMISS MCFADDEN LINK

    Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins has dismissed speculation linking them with moves for strikers James McFadden and Mariano Pavone, and hit out at the media for "misleading" the club's fans.
    Brendan Rodgers' side have been linked with a host of players as they look to strengthen their squad ahead of their maiden Barclays Premier League campaign.
    While talks are still ongoing over deals to bring Wayne Routledge, Lee Camp and David Stockdale to the Liberty Stadium, Jenkins has spoken of his disappointment at seeing the Swans linked with players they are not attempting to sign.
    He told the club website: "I know speculation and rumour is part of football, especially at Premier League level. But it is getting an absolute farce and it's not fair on the club or the supporters.
    "If we had signed even 50% of the players we are supposed to be in talks with over the last few weeks then we would not only have the biggest squad in the Premier League, but in Europe.
    "It's turning into a farce and supporters are being misled and fooled every day with some of the players we are being linked with. It's disrespectful to our fans.
    "For example, some of the foreign players we have apparently moved for we haven't even heard of. And to make matters worse, some of these players we have never spoken to have gone on to turn us down because we can't agree terms.
    "It's important supporters are aware of this because when we have something definite to announce we will do so through the official website or direct statements through myself or the manager."
    The statement on the club site goes on to re-iterate that the club have not moved for McFadden or Pavone, and says the first Swansea knew about any interest in the Argentinian striker was when his agent arrived at the club training ground and requested to speak to Rodgers.

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-07-11

    Kenny Miller: Cardiff bound
    KENNY MILLER SET FOR CARDIFF

    Cardiff have clinched the signing of Scotland striker Kenny Miller from Turkish side Bursaspor.
    The 31-year-old former Rangers star is expected to put pen to paper on Monday after the clubs agreed a fee, believed to up to 1million.
    "We are just waiting on a bit of international documentation," manager Malky Mackay told the club's official website, www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk.
    "We've agreed the fee, we've agreed his terms and the medical has been passed. He's been training with us and he has gone up this weekend to collect some stuff and bring his family down."
    Mackay is also poised to sign 22-year-old French striker Rudy Gestede, formerly of French side Metz.
    "We are doing the medical with him at the moment and he should sign on Monday," added Mackay.

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-07-11

    Nasri: Has expressed a desire to move on
    GUNNERS TO TAKE NASRI RISK

    Arsenal are prepared to risk losing Samir Nasri on a free transfer by blocking a move this summer.
    The France international will see his current contract with the Gunners expire at the end of the 2011/12 campaign.
    Arsenal have expressed a desire to tie him down long term, but the 24-year-old midfielder is reluctant to pen fresh terms.
    A lack of silverware at the Emirates has forced Nasri to consider his options, and he believes a switch elsewhere may be beneficial to his career.
    Manchester giants United and City are reported to be keen, with the latter prepared to push through a big-money move during the summer transfer window.
    Arsenal, though, are refusing to give up hope in their efforts to thrash out a new contract with Nasri and admit they are willing to let the former Marseille man run down his deal.
    Chairman Peter Hill- Wood said: "It is possible we could lose the player on a free transfer but we are prepared to take that risk."
    The Arsenal board have also vowed to back Arsene Wenger in his bid to keep other key men in north London.
    Reports continue to suggest that club captain Cesc Fabregas could soon be returning to his Catalan roots with Barcelona.

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-07-11

    Wright-Phillips - been a regular in pre-season.
    SWP VOWS TO EARN NEW MAN CITY DEAL

    Shaun Wright-Phillips hopes he can convince Roberto Mancini to hand him a new contract at Manchester City.
    The England international slipped down the pecking order at the Etihad Stadium last season, culminating in him being left out of City's squad for the FA Cup final.
    It appeared as though his fate had been sealed, with a summer switch widely touted.
    Bolton were understood to be leading the chase for his signature, while Wigan were also keen to keep him in the north west.
    Wright-Phillips has enjoyed a productive pre-season programme with City, though, and has now set his sights on earning an extended stay with the Blues.
    He said: "It was hard for me last year when I was left out of the FA Cup final team.
    "I thought it might be the end, but I'm not one to give up.
    "I would love to earn a new contract. I want to stay here beyond the end of this coming season.
    "Since reporting back for training I have really got my head down and given 100 per cent.
    "I haven't spoken to the manager, but it has gone well for me and I will never give up on City."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-07-11

    Bellamy - not keen on making another loan move.
    CRAIG BELLAMY RULES OUT LOAN MOVE

    Craig Bellamy claims he is only looking for a permanent move away from Manchester City this summer.
    The Welsh frontman spent the 2010/11 campaign with Cardiff, having headed home on a season-long loan deal.
    It had been suggested that the 32-year-old would be moved out on a similar agreement this term, as he remains some way down the pecking order at City.
    Bellamy, though, insists he has no desire to make another loan switch, with it is intention to see out his contract with City should a full-time deal fail to materialise.
    "To be honest, I don't want to go on loan again because where would I go after that?" he said.
    "A permanent move would be the best option for me.
    "If not, I expect to stay the whole year at City.
    "I'll obviously do very little. I won't be involved with the manager and the first-team."
    Another man who is facing up to an uncertain future is Nedum Onuoha, who has returned to City this summer following a season-long loan at Sunderland.
    The former England U21 international was another expected to be offloaded during the transfer window, but he claims he is prepared to fight for a place in Roberto Mancini's plans - even though he has no locker or squad number.
    Onuoha told the Daily Star Sunday: "There have been a few structural changes since I've been away, but that seems to happen every year anyway.
    "I don't have a locker, I don't have a squad number now but other than that, it's same as.
    "I'm going to keep going through pre-season. Nothing has changed on my side and it's the same with a few others, too."
    On his future, Onuoha added: "I'd love to stay and fight and until someone tells me to jog on, I'll keep trying."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-07-11

    Aguero: Has stayed in Argentina
    AGUERO NO-SHOWS AT ATLETICO

    As expected, Sergio Aguero has not returned to training with Atletico Madrid.
    The Argentine, who is looking to leave the club, was officially meant to return to the Spanish capital on Sunday.
    But, following his participation in the Copa America, Aguero has opted to stay in his homeland whilst his future is decided.
    Manchester City are in advanced talks to sign the player and sources close to the deal have insisted that the move will be finalised early next week.
    Aguero's agents met with City earlier this week and now the two clubs just need to finalise terms.
    But Atletico are not thought to be too amused by Aguero's stance of refusing to return when told.
    Whilst Atletico will meet his agents and continue talks with City, they are ready to hand out a fine to their want-away stay.

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-07-11

    Tevez - no retirement plans yet.
    TEVEZ REFUTES RETIREMENT CLAIMS

    Carlos Tevez has rejected Sir Alex Ferguson's claim that he was not offered a new contract at Manchester United because he told the Scot he intended to quit within four years.
    Ferguson made the revelation during United's current tour of the United States.
    It came amid continued uncertainty over Tevez's intentions for the new season following the collapse of a proposed move to Corinthians.
    Previously, it was felt United backed off from extending an initial two-year 'loan' for Tevez due to the massive costs involved.
    Instead the South American went to Manchester City, where he is thought to be the Premier League's highest paid player.
    However, he has now fallen out of love with the Blues, citing a desperate desire to see more of his wife and two daughters as the major reason for wanting to quit.
    In the past, Tevez has spoken of his willingness to retire, which gives credence to Ferguson's words.
    However, the 27-year-old forward has distanced himself from those claims and it is suggested he will continue his career for another eight years.
    "At no time did he discuss retiring with the Manchester United management and Mr Ferguson has not mentioned this at any time before," a spokesman for Tevez said.
    "In fact Carlos feels he is capable of playing for a further eight years and though he has been in the form of his life, he feels he is only going to get better in the coming years."
    Ferguson was quoted in The People as saying Tevez told United he intended to play on for only four years when he discussed a contract at Old Trafford in 2009.
    Ferguson said: "He told us at the time of negotiations that he was only going to play for four more years, so if we had signed him on a five-year contract knowing that he was going to quit in four years' time, there is no re-sale value for us."

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 24-07-11

    Holden: Keen to turn out for Houston again
    STUART HOLDEN WANTS USA RETURN

    Stuart Holden has revealed that he hopes to return to former employers Houston Dynamo at some stage in the future.
    The USA international left Houston at the end of the 2009 MLS season, before completing a move to Bolton in January 2010.
    The 25-year-old midfielder has been a resounding success in England, suggesting he will be a prominent Premier League figure for many years to come.
    He is, however, already planning a return to the States.
    As he continues with his rehabilitation from a knee injury sustained last season, Holden admits he would relish the opportunity to turn out for Houston again before he hangs up his boots.
    He said: "At some point down the line, I'd love to go back and play in Houston.
    "I watch every match online at two in the morning and get updates from the website.
    "I love Houston. I love seeing football progress here and I feel like I was part of the group that came to Houston and made an impact."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 30-06-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 30-06-2011, 21:54:50
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 24-05-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 24-05-2011, 23:19:35
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 03-05-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 23:11:00
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 21-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-04-2011, 16:19:01
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 07-03-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 11:05:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •