Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 25-07-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 25-07-11

Latest Transfer Update at 25-07-11

Charles N'Zogbia: Set for Villa move
    ASTON VILLA SET TO SIGN N'ZOGBIA

Aston Villa are set to sign Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia in a 9.5million deal, Press Association Sport understands.
    It is understood the fee for the former Newcastle player has finally been agreed between the two clubs although no official confirmation of the deal has been made yet by either club.
    It is believed a compromise deal has been struck after Wigan rejected Villa's initial offer of 9million.
    N'Zogbia, who has a year left on his Wigan deal, is expected to hold talks over personal terms and undergo a medical in the next 24 hours once the deal has been officially rubber-stamped between the clubs.
    New Villa boss Alex McLeish has been keen to bring in a new wide player after the sale of Ashley Young and Stewart Downing to Manchester United and Liverpool respectively.
    It is a case of second time lucky for Scot McLeish who 12 months ago thought he had signed N'Zogbia when in charge of Birmingham, only for the deal to collapse at the 11th hour after Blues failed to agree personal terms with the player.
    N'Zogbia will be reunited with his former Newcastle team-mate Shay Given, who last week became McLeish's first signing of the summer in a 3.5million move from Manchester City.
    The Frenchman is likely to have to wait to join up with Villa's first-team squad as they are currently on a pre-season tour of Hong Hong and he does not have the required work visa.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 25-07-11

Sergio Aguero: Manchester City target
    MANCINI HOPEFUL ON SERGIO AGUERO

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is hopeful a deal to sign Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero can be sealed this week.
    City are in advanced talks with the Spanish club about a deal for the Argentina international, who is one of Mancini's main summer transfer targets.
    Aguero is looking to leave the Vincente Calderon and failed to return to training over the weekend after an early end to his Copa America campaign.
    Real Madrid and Juventus have been credited with an interest in Aguero but Mancini hopes City will be his choice of destination.
    Speaking after City's pre-season clash with LA Galaxy, Mancini said: "I don't know at the moment. The last news that I heard about Aguero was that the club was talking with Atletico Madrid.
    "I think that maybe in four or five days, before the next game, I think that in this week maybe we can close. Maybe.
    "Aguero played in Copa America. If we close the deal, I need to speak with him, because I want to know his opinion (of playing in Manchester)."

Uploads

Sanchez - wants to learn from Messi.
    SANCHEZ: NO RONALDO COMPARISON

New Barcelona signing Alexis Sanchez is keen to avoid comparisons with Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo and has admitted he would like to play with Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas.
    Sanchez, who signed on a five-year deal late last week for fee which could rise to almost 40million euros, was presented to the press at the Nou Camp on Monday and said he was keen to help bring more titles to the ultra-successful club.
    Sanchez was welcomed by hundreds of Chilean fans at Barcelona's El Prat airport last night and said: "It was incredible - like a film.
    "I want to learn from players like (Lionel) Messi and Xavi - and I want to help the club win more titles."
    Asked if he would like to play alongside Fabregas, a target for his former club Barca, he replied: "Of course."
    The Arsenal captain is the Catalans' next high-profile transfer target and could join the Chilean at the Nou Camp in the next few weeks.
    Sanchez was also questioned about the similarities in his playing style to Madrid's Ronaldo, a player he will face in next month's Supercopa.
    "I respect Cristiano Ronaldo; he's a great player," he said.
    "But I don't want to be compared to anyone."
    Meanwhile, the 22-year-old revealed coach Pep Guardiola had been instrumental in his decision to move from Udinese to Barcelona.
    "He called me and that was very important for me - to know that he wanted me gave me confidence."

Uploads

Evra: Decided to stick with Manchester United
    EVRA ASKED TO LEAVE MAN UTD

Patrice Evra has revealed Sir Alex Ferguson talked him out of leaving Manchester United last summer.
    The French full-back admits he returned from the 2010 World Cup - where he found himself at the centre of controversy following a strike within Les Bleus' camp - with his heart set on securing a move away from Old Trafford.
    He claims Inter Milan and Real Madrid had expressed an interest and the time felt right, after four years with United, to try something new.
    Evra informed Ferguson of his decision, but was happy to sit down with his manager and discuss the situation. Those talks ended with Evra opting to stay in England, and he believes the right call was made eventually.
    "Sometimes you have to make a choice in your life and there was an approach from two big clubs, Inter Milan and Real Madrid, and I just had a chat about it with the boss," said Evra.
    "After the World Cup, I'd told him that I wanted to go, but when I went to his house we talked a lot and in the end he didn't have to persuade me to stay because my heart wanted to stay.
    "He just said, 'Pat, it's the greatest news you want to stay because United are the biggest club in the world and you have a lot of respect here for myself, your team-mates, the fans. I don't know why you want to move to another club. But I think you've made the right choice to stay here'.
    "I'm very close to Sir Alex and have a lot of respect for him, and a lot of respect for myself. It wasn't anything incredible, it was just normal.
    "The boss has to be the boss, but he also has to look like he's the dad of everyone.
    "I made the right choice and I'm so happy. It was an easy decision because, if I am honest, I knew I wanted to stay at this club and achieve more."

Uploads

Samir Nasri: Linked with both Manchester clubs
    NASRI SHOULD JOIN MAN UTD - EVRA

Patrice Evra has told his France team-mate Samir Nasri he must join Manchester United if he is to win the trophies he craves.
    Nasri's Arsenal future is in doubt after he refused to sign a new contract with only one year left on his current deal.
    The 24-year-old has voiced concerns about the Gunners' ability to compete for silverware, and has been strongly linked with both United and rivals Manchester City.
    City might be able to offer more money, but Evra has no doubt which club would give his international colleague the greater chance for glory.
    "I remember I made a little joke saying that he's a prince now but if he wants to be the king then he has to join Man United," Evra said in The Sun.
    "But that's the reality - and I've told him that. I've said, 'If you want to win trophies, you have to come here.'
    "In five years, I've won 12 trophies and I don't know if I'd have won more than that with another club. So I just told him the truth."
    Evra's comments re-open the link with United after manager Sir Alex Ferguson had indicated he expected Nasri to sign elsewhere - with most reports suggesting that meant City.
    Evra thinks that would be the wrong move.
    "If he goes to City, it's his choice," he added. "But I know, as a player, if I have Manchester United and Manchester City, I'd go straight away for United."
    But despite his ringing endorsement of life at Old Trafford, Evra admits he asked Ferguson for a transfer last summer.
    The 30-year-old said: "After the World Cup I'd told him I wanted to go.
    "Sometimes you have to make a choice in your life and there was an approach from two big clubs. I just had a chat about it with the boss.
    "Sometimes you want to try something different. For family reasons perhaps there was a choice to move.
    "In the end, I made the right choice and I'm so happy to still be a Man United player."

Uploads

Gervinho: Double goals against Cologne
    WALCOTT WELCOMES GERVINHO IMPACT

Arsenal winger Theo Walcott believes new team-mate Gervinho will prove to be "a breath of fresh air" for the Gunners.
    The Ivory Coast forward joined Arsene Wenger's side from Lille earlier this summer and opened his account with two goals on his debut against Cologne at the weekend.
    Walcott, who set up Gervinho's second goal in the friendly, told Arsenal's official website: "He will be a breath of fresh air, I think. He looks a great talent. You can tell he can bring goals, he has got plenty of pace about him and he is very comfortable on the ball. I'm looking forward to playing with him.
    "You don't want to put too much pressure on him but I am sure he can deal with that."
    Wenger believes his signing - for a reported fee of around 10million - represents good business.
    "I hope (he'll be a bargain)," said the French boss.
    "When you see all the fees around you become dizzy. We do what we want and we look first at the quality of the player and after if we have the money we spend it.
    "In this case he wanted to join us. He had only one year on his contract so it was a good opportunity for us."

Uploads

Mulumbu - third new deal in 13 months.
    MULUMBU COMMITS TO ALBION

West Brom midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu has signed a new three-year contract with the midlands club.
    The DR Congo international has put pen to paper on a deal which will keep him at The Hawthorns until at least the summer of 2014.
    There is also the option of a further 12 months in the club's favour.
    It is Mulumbu's third new contract in the past 13 months and is a reward for his outstanding form last season.
    Mulumbu formed a solid partnership with Paul Scharner in the centre of the park and finished as Albion's second highest scorer with seven goals.
    The former Paris St. Germain player was voted the club's player of the year and player's player of the year.
    West Brom head coach Roy Hodgson said: "It is great that Youssouf has been rewarded for his efforts last season and that we have been able to persuade him that his future lies with West Bromwich Albion.
    "We're looking forward to seeing him build on his success of being named player of the season - and trying to confirm it again this season."
    The club's sporting and technical director, Dan Ashworth, said: "I'm delighted Youssouf has signed another new contract.
    "I can remember when he first joined us, as a practically unknown from PSG two and a half years ago, and he has come on in leaps and bounds since then.
    "As we have previously stated, we are aiming to strengthen our squad this summer - not dismantle it - and we believe Youssouf will be a key player for us again this season.
    "I'm sure he will now get his head down and continue the improvement he has shown since joining us."

Uploads

Kasami (centre): Links up with Martin Jol.
    FULHAM CONFIRM KASAMI SIGNING

Fulham have confirmed the signing of Palermo midfielder Pajtim Kasami for an undisclosed fee.
    The 19-year-old Switzerland Under-21 international has signed a four-year deal which ties him to Craven Cottage until 2015.
    Kasami, who was born in Macedonia but represented Switzerland at this summer's Under-21 European Championship where they lost to Spain in the final, broke into the Italian outfit's first team last season and quickly impressed.
    Cottagers manager Martin Jol said: "Pajtim is a young, talented midfielder who has potential, so we are very excited about signing him on a four-year contract.
    "He is a versatile midfield player who can adapt quite easily to more than one position.
    "He is a key player in the Swiss Under-21 team.
    "I am delighted to have been able to add two talented young players to my squad with the signing of Pajtim Kasami today, and Marcel Gecov last week, as I believe that they are going to be good additions to the squad both in the short and long term future."

Uploads

Madjid Bougherra: Lekwhiya target
    RANGERS REJECT BOUGHERRA BID

Rangers manager Ally McCoist is determined to retain the services of Madjid Bougherra despite interest from the Middle East.
    The Scottish champions have rejected an offer from Qatar champions Lekhwiya for the Algerian defender.
    Bougherra is now in the final year of his contract but McCoist is keen for the player to remain at Ibrox.
    He said: "I would hope his future would lie here but there has been a bid received which we have knocked back from a team in Qatar.
    "That's where we are at the moment. I don't want Madjid going anywhere, especially not at this stage of the season when it's incredibly important for everybody.
    "He played on Saturday and he did fine on Saturday. He is the same as every player at this club, there will be transfer interest and speculation, but you just have to handle it.
    "You have to remember what your job is and your job is to turn up and train and play. I don't have any worries, I would hope that Madjid would know that, as would the rest of the boys."

Uploads

Jeffren: Hasn't spoken to Coyle
    COYLE YET TO SPEAK TO JEFFREN

Owen Coyle looks unlikely to sign Barcelona forward Jeffren amid speculation the Bolton boss has turned his attention to Liverpool striker David N'Gog.
    Reports have suggested the Trotters had successfully bid 5million for Spain Under-21 international Jeffren, who is also wanted by Atletico Madrid and Valencia.
    But the forward's failure to get in touch with Coyle has led the Bolton boss to begin to look elsewhere and specifically at last summer's target, N'Gog.
    "I don't wait and see with anyone," Coyle told The Bolton News. "Either you want to play for this football club, or you don't.
    "I have not talked to Jeffren or his representatives, so the story makes it out that it's a bit further down the line than it is, but if it isn't going to happen, then we'll move on."
    It was revealed at the weekend that Nigel Reo-Coker has been in the north west for talks with Bolton, while deals are also imminent for Burnley duo Chris Eagles and Tyrone Mears.
    Former Burnley boss Coyle said: "I think Burnley have made public that the offer has been accepted and they are both very good players who I know well from my time there.
    "But they are not signed yet. We still have some negotiating to do.
    "I'm in negotiations with a number of players but until they are signed and sealed we won't go making a song and dance about it."
    Meanwhile, Coyle has confirmed striker Tom Eaves has escaped cruciate ligament damage, following an injury against Orlando, and is likely to only be sidelined for six weeks.
    "We've had the scans and we don't think there has been any major damage," he said. "We're looking at one or two months as opposed to nine to 12, so obviously we're absolutely delighted."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast