Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 02-08-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 02-08-11

Latest Transfer Update at 02-08-11

Joey Barton: Training on his own
    JOEY BARTON TRAINS ALONE

Joey Barton has been forced to train alone on Tuesday after being told on Monday his days were numbered at Newcastle United.
    Barton has been told he can leave the club on a free transfer in light of his ongoing Twitter criticisms of the Magpies hierarchy, despite the fact he has another year remaining on his contract.
    After initially announcing via his Twitter feed he was "off to training", the midfielder then remarked shortly after: "Made to train alone today, how predictable........."
    Barton even took to quoting George Orwell just before that when he wrote: "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act".
    Despite his troubled past, it is understood Barton is a wanted man, with Arsenal and Tottenham supposedly in the running for his services.
    Agent Willie McKay has confirmed a couple of top clubs have been in contact, and there "won't be a problem finding Joey a home".

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 02-08-11

Juan Mata: Arsenal's offer rejected
    ARSENAL JUAN MATA BID REJECTED

Juan Mata's father and agent has revealed Valencia have rejected Arsenal's offer for the Spain international winger.
    The 23-year-old is a man in demand as he is now into the final year of his Los Che contract, meaning he could leave for free next summer.
    A host of clubs are circling for the player's signature and Arsenal are reportedly vying with the likes of Tottenham and Inter Milan for his signature.
    However, it seems Arsenal will need to increase their offer for Mata if Arsene Wenger is to get his man before the summer transfer window closes.
    Mata's father, Juan Manuel Mata Rodriguez, also says his son has great respect for Inter Milan, although the Italian giants are yet to table an offer.
    "Valencia simply rejected their offer," said Mata's father to calciomercato.com. "After some hesitation they answered 'no' to the Gunners' offer.
    "So my son remains a Valencia player, for now. But I don't think it's their last offer.
    "There are several offers for Mata and I think that Arsenal will come forward again. The situation is still evolving.
    "Are Inter Milan one of the interested teams? I know my son holds Milan in high esteem. We'll see if Inter will come forward directly."

Uploads

Zoltan Gera: Back at The Hawthorns
    ZOLTAN GERA BACK AT WEST BROM

West Brom have completed the re-signing of their former midfielder Zoltan Gera after his contract at Fulham expired earlier this summer.
    Gera, who spent four years at The Hawthorns before leaving for Craven Cottage in 2008, has passed a medical and put pen to paper on a two-year contract with the club holding an option for a further 12 months.
    Albion boss Roy Hodgson was delighted to be reunited with the 32-year-old, who he also signed for Fulham three years ago.
    "Having decided not to renew his contract at Fulham, Zoltan has come back to the club where he started his career in England," Hodgson said on the club's official website.
    "The last time he played at West Bromwich Albion he was a very popular figure with everyone at the club, not least of all the fans.
    "I of course know him well and admired him in the two years we worked together at Fulham, where he was an integral part of the team that did well during those years.
    "I think it is a massive coup for the club that we have been able to persuade him to come back to West Brom despite the many other offers he had, because he is a player that is widely appreciated in the Premier League and abroad.
    "I think it is an excellent signing and he is a player I hope will do as well in the coming seasons as he has done in the past seasons with West Brom and Fulham.
    "In Zoltan Gera we've acquired not only a first-class player but a first-class person and we think that's also important to the way we want the club to move forward."
    The player became a fans' favourite during his previous spell with the midlands club, helping the Baggies pull off the 'Great Escape' in avoiding relegation in 2005.
    He scored 25 times in 155 appearances for Albion after moving to England from Ferencvaros in a 1.375million deal.
    He also made a big impression at Fulham, where he was voted player of the year in 2009/10 and helped the London club reach the Europa League final that season.
    In total, he has made 196 club starts in England and 80 appearances from the bench, scoring 42 times.

Uploads

Sneijder: Will feature for Inter on Saturday
    SNEIJDER SET TO FACE MILAN

Inter boss Gian Piero Gasperini plans to pick Wesley Sneijder against Milan in the Italian Super Cup on Saturday.
    The Dutchman's future has been subject of increased speculation this summer, with Manchester United reportedly negotiating a big-money move.
    Sneijder has been coy in relation to any such transfer, but Gasperini is adamant he will feature in Italy's competitive curtain raiser, which will be held in Beijing.
    "There is no Sneijder problem," he told the media in China. "He's playing for us, training with us and he'll play on Saturday."
    Meanwhile, with the competition being held in the Beijing National Stadium for the second time in three years, Gasperini has no problem with the location of the match.
    "This game is an advert for Italian football and also for football in China," he said.
    "Football is played in rain or shine, with humidity, in hot or cold weather.
    "That's precisely why we came here early so that we can get used to the heat and humidity here. And in any case it will be the same for both teams."

Uploads

Aquiilani: Spent last season at Juventus
    'TRUTH' IN AQUILANI MILAN LINK

Alberto Aquilani's agent expects to speak with Adriano Galliani when the AC Milan vice-president returns from China next week.
    Milan have jumped to the front of the queue for Liverpool's unwanted Italian midfielder, with Fiorentina's negotiations having broken down last week.
    Despite impressing in pre-season, Aquilani would jump at the chance to return to Serie A on a permanent basis, with champions Milan eyeing up a bargain.
    The 27-year-old's agent, Franco Zavaglia, believes the Premier League side could be prepared to sell the player for as little as 10million euros (8.7million), having paid Roma a reported 20million almost two years ago.
    Zavaglia confirmed there is truth in Milan's interest, and he expects to speak with the club's representatives after their Super Cup meeting with Inter in Beijing on Saturday.
    "When you speak of such a negotiation, there is always an element of truth," he told ilsussidiario.net.
    "Galliani is now in China for the Italian Super Cup, but I expect to talk to him when he comes back to Milan.
    "I think an agreement could be reached for a figure around 10million."
    However, Liverpool may hold out for a higher fee to minimise their potential loss, and Zavaglia is aware Aquilani's future remains in his club's hands.
    He added: "Aquilani is still tied to a three-year contract with Liverpool and before his eventual departure we will talk with the leadership of Liverpool.
    "It seems clear to me that the player doesn't fall into the technical plans of the coach, so the suggestion of his departure is concrete."

Uploads

David Goodwillie: Blackburn and Rangers target
    GERS MATCH ROVERS BID FOR GOODWILLIE

Ally McCoist has confirmed Rangers have submitted another bid for Dundee United striker David Goodwillie.
    The Scottish champions have already failed with previous attempts to land the 22-year-old who has held talks with Blackburn.
    Blackburn have reportedly offered 2million up front with 800,000 potential add-ons plus a sell-on clause, which has been accepted by United.
    Asked if Rangers' latest bid is equal to that offered by the Barclays Premier League club, McCoist said: "As far as I'm aware, yes.
    "Unfortunately I can't give you a lot of information, other than we have put in a new bid to Dundee United.
    "We just have to wait and see in the next couple of hours what happens.
    "We've all made no secret of the fact that David is a player we would love to see at Rangers.
    "We believe that we have put a bid in that's more than acceptable."

Uploads

Paulo Sergio: New Hearts manager
    PAULO SERGIO IS NEW HEARTS BOSS

Hearts have appointed former Sporting Lisbon coach Paulo Sergio as their new manager.
    Jim Jefferies was sacked on Monday with reports quickly emerging that 43-year-old Portuguese Sergio was being lined up to take over at Tynecastle.
    And former journeyman striker Sergio, who managed Sporting for six months last season, was duly appointed on Tuesday morning with the club confirming Jefferies has rejected an offer to become director of football.
    Jefferies told the club's website: "Even though I'm disappointed at leaving the club and everyone knows my strong connection to Hearts, I'd like to thank the club for the opportunity myself and Billy have had in the last 18 months.
    "I also appreciate the offer to develop in a new role at Hearts, however it has perhaps come too soon and it might be something that I would consider at a later date.
    "I want to wish the players and staff all the best for the forthcoming season and I'll certainly be hoping the boys can do the business on Thursday night."
    Reports emerged following a meeting on Monday that Jefferies was on his way out, while it was believed the positions of his number two Billy Brown and first-team coach Gary Locke were also being reviewed.
    Press Association Sport understands that the Jambos players, with one eye on Thursday's crucial Europa League second leg game against Hungarian side Paks at Tynecastle, were "unhappy" when told of the news by majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov at a meeting at the stadium.
    The players were reportedly told at the meeting that a manager "with European experience" was needed at the club and they were due to report to Tynecastle on Tuesday morning to meet their new boss - whose Sporting side were knocked out of the Europa League in the last 32 by Rangers in February.
    Romanov, whose seven-year tenure at Tynecastle is littered with managerial casualties including John Robertson, George Burley, Graham Rix, Valdas Ivanauskas and Anatoliy Korobochka, was at Tynecastle on Sunday to see Hearts lose 1-0 to Dundee United in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.
    The Jambos are without a win since the 3-2 defeat of St Mirren on March 19 - a run of form which is reported to have influenced Romanov's decision.
    However, Hearts started the season with a 1-1 draw against Rangers at Ibrox in the SPL and followed it up with a 1-1 draw against Paks in the first leg of their Europa League qualifier in Hungary.
    Director Sergejus Fedotovas said: "We would like to thank Jim for his service to the club.
    "He has supported us in our efforts to develop the team and the wider squad and we have enjoyed a good working relationship.
    "The club did offer Jim another senior position but we understand his reasons for not accepting this and we wish him well for his future career beyond Hearts."

Uploads

Jason Puncheon: Hoops target
    QPR EYEING PUNCHEON DEAL

QPR manager Neil Warnock is confident that Southampton winger Jason Puncheon will join the club in the coming days.
    It was revealed last week that the R's had made a bid for the wantaway Saints man, offering Latvia international defender Kaspars Gorkss as part exchange.
    Puncheon spent loan spells with Millwall and Blackpool last season after finding himself pushed to the fringes of the then npower League One side by teenage starlet Alex Chamberlain.
    The 25-year-old returned to the south coast this summer but did not go on the club's pre-season tour to Switzerland and has not been given a squad number.
    Warnock now looks set to swoop for Puncheon, and believes he is ideally suited to the Shepherds Bush outfit.
    "We need a wide player, obviously (former player) Wayne Routledge looks like joining Swansea, and we've been looking at Jason Puncheon," he told London24.
    "He's someone who has done really well, he's exactly the sort of player I like, he's pacy and direct, someone with something to prove, a player with a bit of hunger. We need players like that at QPR this season.
    "He's a player we've been looking at, so now we need to see what happens in the next 10 days or so."
    As well as Puncheon, Rangers look set to wrap up a deal for striker DJ Campbell this week after Blackpool accepted a bid thought to be in the region of 1.25million.
    Reports also suggest Warnock is also considering a loan move for Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha, and the veteran boss admits he hopes to strengthen his backline before the end of the transfer window.
    "We're still looking and we have a couple more targets," he added.
    "I'd say we need another defender, not necessarily a wing-back but certainly a defender to make up the numbers."

Uploads

Neymar: Real Madrid target
    SANTOS SNUB MADRID NEYMAR BID

Santos president Luis Alvaro Ribeiro claims the club have rejected an offer from Real Madrid for teenage forward Neymar.
    Ribeiro has insisted all summer that the 19-year-old Brazil international is not for sale amid speculation linking him with a move to Europe, and reiterated that stance on Tuesday before revealing details of Madrid's approach.
    "We have no interest in selling Neymar and we have formally communicated this," Ribeiro was quoted as saying on www.lancenet.com.br.
    "It's the same proposal. We had been given until end of the month to respond and had already decided the answer was no and now we've formalised this.
    "The offer had two possibilities - take it now or later, but we do not want either."

Uploads

Giuseppe Rossi: Not looking to leave
    ROSSI HAPPY AT VILLARREAL

Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi has pledged his future to the Primera Division club amid speculation linking him with a move away from El Madrigal.
    The 24-year-old Italy international has reportedly been a summer target for a host of clubs including Barcelona, Tottenham and Juventus, but feels settled where he is and has no plans to up sticks.
    On a possible transfer to Juve, he told Gazzetta dello Sport: "I'm not thinking about it any more. I feel good at Villarreal and I am happy to be at this club.
    "I feel great here and I want to experience new rewards to go with those I've already had in previous years."
    He added: "When I say I feel good here, I mean it. I have been at Villarreal for four years and I've never had a problem.
    "I'm totally focused on the new season as are all my team-mates and soon we have the Champions League play-off to contend with and there's no need to stress how important that is."
    Former Manchester United and Parma forward Rossi, who is under contract with Villarreal until June 2016, enjoyed a fine season in Spain last term, scoring 32 goals in all competitions for the Yellow Submarine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast