Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 07-08-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 07-08-11

Latest Transfer Update at 07-08-11

Michel Vorm: Swansea bid accepted
    VORM SET FOR SWANSEA MOVE

Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that the club have agreed a fee of 1.5million for FC Utrecht's Michel Vorm.
    The goalkeeper, who is in the Dutch squad for their midweek friendly against England at Wembley, is in the final year of his contract with Utrecht.
    Rodgers has been looking to strengthen his goalkeeping options following the departure of Dorus de Vries to Wolves, with Jose Moreira already having joined from Benfica.
    "We have agreed a fee, obviously personal terms are till to be agreed," Rodgers said.
    "It happened last night and we hope he is a player we can get an agreement on."
    Should Vorm, 27, complete his switch to south Wales he will be Rodgers' sixth summer signing as the club prepare for their maiden Premier League campaign.
    Rodgers, who saw his side beat Real Betis 1-0 in their final pre-season friendly at the Liberty Stadium today, added: "He is the Dutch number two and I think it says it all that we can attract that calibre of player here. He fits our style which is why it's taken so long for us to get the right type of goalkeeper.
    "If we end up doing the deal that gets Michel in then it would be a wonderful signing for the club.
    "He has experience and there are many terrific Dutch goalkeepers so for him to be number two and have that experience is a great coup for us.
    "I believe his agent was here discussing (the move) with the chairman and we hope we can get that complete in the next few days.
    Rodgers also confirmed he is still in the market to sign another defender, having brought in Steven Caulker on loan from Tottenham.
    But it was one of the other new-boys who stole the show against Betis as club-record signing Danny Graham marked a man-of-the-match performance with his first goal since his 3.5million move from Watford.
    Graham grabbed the winner in the 63rd minute with a wonderful turn that took him past his marker, before deftly lofting the ball over the keeper.
    And Rodgers, who also handed a debut to new signing Wayne Routledge against the Primera Division outfit, believes the striker will go from strength to strength.
    He said: "It was a brilliant goal. It came from a great bit of play down the right. He initially showed great strength and then his touch; you don't see many people finish like that and when they do they are Premier League players.
    "That was a Premier League finish and it's great for his confidence as he works so hard and I am really pleased for him."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 07-08-11

Enrique: Busy in transfer market
    ROMA CONFIRM LAMELA SIGNING

Roma have announced the signing of midfielder Erik Lamela from Argentinian side River Plate.
    The 18-year-old leaves the relegated South American giants for a 12million euro fee after weeks of speculation linking him with a move to La Maggica.
    A statement on the club's website, asroma.it, said: "AS Roma announce the signing of a contract with Club Atletico River Plate for the acquisition of the player Erik Manuel Lamela."
    The creative midfielder has agreed a five-year contract with the Giallorossi, who face Slovan Bratislava in the Europa League qualifiers later this month.
    Lamela joined River Plate in 2008 and made 31 league starts in the Argentinian top flight last season, as the Buenos Aires club suffered relegation to the second tier for the first time in their 110-year history.
    New Roma manager Luis Enrique has already secured the signings of Maarten Stekelenburg, Bojan Krkic, Gabriel Heinze, Jose Angel Valdes and Loic Nego since arriving from Barcelona this summer.

Uploads

Romelu Lukaku: Chelsea deal agreed
    CHELSEA STRIKE LUKAKU DEAL

Chelsea have reached an agreement with Anderlecht for the signing of striker Romelu Lukaku, the Belgian club have confirmed on their official website.
    The 18-year-old has been linked with the Blues throughout the summer and scored 16 goals in 37 league appearances last season and already has two to his name in two games in the current campaign for the Brussels club.
    A statement on Anderlecht's official website read: "RSC Anderlecht and Chelsea have reached an agreement regarding the transfer of Romelu Lukaku.
    "Subject to the results of medical tests and the conclusion of negotiations between the player and the English club, Romelu Lukaku will therefore move into the colours of the London club."
    Anderlecht general manager Herman van Holsbeeck added on the official website: "We regret the departure of Romelu...but the agreement is a win-win situation for the player and RSC Anderlecht. The club's management is committed to finding a good replacement in the short term.
    "We wish him every success for the rest of his career."
    The player posted a comment on Twitter which read: "I have an announcement to make...Next week I'm going to London for the medical tests."
    Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas is now closing in on the third signing of his reign, and admitted after Saturday's friendly against Rangers that a deal was close.
    He said: "He is a very interesting young prospect and the situation is now that we have to position ourselves to maybe get this kind of talent.
    "So I would say that anything can happen."
    The Blues reportedly had an 18million bid for the player turned down last month.

Uploads

Yury Zhirkov: Heading back to Russia
    ANZHI COMPLETE ZHIRKOV CAPTURE

Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala have confirmed the signing of defender Yury Zhirkov from Chelsea on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
    Zhirkov joined Chelsea in an 18million deal from CSKA Moscow in the summer of 2009 but struggled to hold down a first-team berth, partly due to injury problems, and leaves with a year remaining on his contract.
    The 27-year-old was presented to his new club's fans prior to Anzhi's 2-0 win over Tomsk in the Russian Premier Liga.
    "FC Anzhi has come to an agreement with Chelsea for transfer of the of Russian national team player Yury Zhirkov to our club," read a statement on fc-anji.ru.
    "This morning the newcomer to our team, after a medical check-up, signed a four-year contract."
    Speaking to the club's fans ahead of Saturday's game, Zhirkov said: "I am very glad to be here in Makhachkala. I did not expect such reception. It is fantastic.
    "I want to thank Anji fans and wish to our team great success today."
    Zhirkov, who according to reports in Russia has cost ambitious Anzhi around 13million, leaves Stamford Bridge after making 48 first-team appearances.

Uploads

Carew: Signs for West Ham
    CAREW COMPLETES HAMMERS MOVE

West Ham have announced the signing of former Aston Villa striker John Carew.
    The Norway international, who enjoyed a spell on loan at Stoke last season, was a free agent this summer.
    The Hammers have undergone a summer of rebuilding as they bid to earn an immediate return to the top flight and the 6ft 5ins striker told whufc.com: "I am so pleased to be here.
    "I am very happy to sign for such a big club. I am looking forward to being part of a good team here that will bring this great club back up to the Premier League again."

Uploads

Ally McCoist: Could recruit from Chelsea
    McCOIST COULD PLUNDER CHELSEA

Ally McCoist could ask his old mate Andre Villas-Boas for some of his Chelsea fringe players in a bid to bolster his squad.
    The Rangers boss and Villa-Boas first met at coaching courses in Largs and they were reunited again on Saturday before a strong Chelsea side cruised to a 3-1 friendly win over the Scottish champions at Ibrox.
    McCoist was delighted to see defender Kyle Bartley return to his defence for a second loan spell from Arsenal and did not rule out asking Villas-Boas for players who might not be involved at Stamford Bridge this season.
    The former Rangers striker said: "I had a good chat with Andre before the game and I am going to see him now and we will talk about out a few things
    "But obviously when you get somebody of the quality of Kyle Bartley coming in, that's a great thing as you can see.
    "He hasn't played a lot of football but he looks comfortable.
    "But it would be ridiculous of me not to use the good contacts that I have and I will certainly use every contact that I have to bring in the best players available to the club. You can be sure of that."
    Asked if he was closer to bringing in new faces, McCoist said: "We are working very hard to get players in.
    "I am as hopeful as the next man but time will tell. There is no point in me getting frustrated."

Uploads

Sneijder: Future could be decided this week
    INTER: SNEIJDER DECISION IMMINENT

Inter Milan coach Gian Piero Gasperini has confirmed the future of Wesley Sneijder should be decided next week.
    The Dutch international playmaker has been heavily linked with a 35million move to Manchester United as they look to find a replacement for the retired Paul Scholes.
    Red Devils chief executive David Gill had earlier stoked the fires of a potential deal by claiming United are looking to sign one more 'world-class' player ahead of the deadline.
    The player himself and United boss Sir Alex Ferguson are more coy over a potential transfer, with Ferguson vehemently denying last week that a take-it-or-leave-it offer had been made to the 27-year-old.
    Sneijder opened the scoring for the Serie A outfit in their 2-1 Italian Super Cup defeat to city rivals AC Milan in Beijing on Saturday and after the game Gasperini confirmed he would soon be holding discussions about the future of the former Ajax and Real Madrid player.
    "As for the rumour of Sneijder leaving, we will talk about it next week," said the 53-year-old.
    It has also been speculated that Manchester City are attempting to hijack United's move with a 30million-plus offer.

Uploads

Mancini: Strikers have no future at club
    NO MAN CITY FUTURE FOR STRIKERS

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has confirmed strikers Emmanuel Adebayor and Craig Bellamy will not feature in his plans for the new season, even if they fail to secure a transfer away before the deadline.
    Both players are free to leave the club this summer but, ahead of Sunday's Community Shield against Manchester United, no deal has been struck as yet.
    Bellamy has been linked with a return to Cardiff or Celtic while Real Madrid have been linked with Adebayor, who spent the second half of the last campaign at the Bernabeu.
    Following the arrival of Sergio Aguero from Atletico Madrid, competition for places up front for City has increased still further, with Mario Balotelli, Edin Dzeko and wantaway striker Carlos Tevez also competing for a striking berth at the Etihad Stadium.
    However, even if Tevez leaves, Mancini is insistent neither Bellamy nor Adebayor can force their way back into his plans, so they would be destined for the reserves unless they can secure a move ahead of the transfer deadline at the end of the month.
    "These players [Adebayor and Bellamy] are not part of my plans," said the Italian in The People.
    Meanwhile, Mancini has also revealed his frustration at dealing with the antics of controversial striker Balotelli.
    The talented but volatile Italian has had an eventful pre-season. He was substituted before half-time in a friendly against LA Galaxy for attempting a cheeky back-heel when clean though on goal, he has openly complained about living Manchester and then had a training ground bust-up with team-mate Aleksandar Kolarov.
    "I have to speak to Mario every single day and I think maybe now I need a psychologist," said Mancini.
    "I don't know why he does the things he does, except to say that he is a young guy who will eventually grow up.
    "But I have known him since he was 17 and he is even worse now than he was then. We all do crazy things. I did crazy things, you did crazy things.
    "But players these days are different to what they were 20 years ago. When I was a young player I was stronger mentally than players these days. We had less money but more hunger.
    "Mario is young and I understand he is home sick because it is not easy for a young guy to be away from his family.
    "Sometimes I have been really disappointed with him and at other times I understand his behaviour.
    "But I think he must now understand that he must improve his behaviour for the good of the team."

Uploads

Gary Cahill: Linked with Arsenal and Liverpool
    COYLE: NO NEW CAHILL BIDS

Bolton manager Owen Coyle has revealed there have still been no new bids for star defender Gary Cahill.
    The England international had been widely expected to leave the club this summer after Coyle admitted he would let the player go to further his career - but only if the right offer came in.
    Liverpool and Arsenal are two of the club's linked with a move for the former Aston Villa man, but to date no acceptable bid has been made.
    When quizzed on the latest regarding Cahill, Coyle told Sky Sports News: "It is very much the status quo, carrying on where we have before.
    "But we try to be fair to Gary, if there is something positive there for him, then great, I will let him know.
    "If it's not, he has to be allowed to focus and concentrate on his career at Bolton, where he has been outstanding and will continue to be until that was to change."
    Coyle also reiterated he is still on the lookout for signings ahead of the new campaign but admits the club have to ensure it is financially the right deal.
    "There are very good players out there but what we have to do is the best business for the football club," he added.
    "We recognise we are not one of the elite clubs, we have to make sure the club is run well.
    "Ideally, like any other manager, I wish somebody would come along and say, 'here's 15-20million to spend' but as we don't have that I have to make the best with what we've got.
    "So we will look if there is the necessary quality we believe we can get to the club and will do everything we can to bring them to help the squad we have."

Uploads

Per Mertesacker: Long linked with Arsenal
    ARSENAL ALERTED ABOUT MERTESACKER

Arsenal have been alerted by Werder Bremen's announcement they are willing to listen to offers for captain Per Mertesacker.
    The giant centre-back has been linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium for several years and Arsene Wenger may now attempt to complete a deal.
    Mertesacker has entered the final year of his contract at Bremen, who made a winning start to their new Bundesliga campaign on Saturday but were dumped out of the German Cup in the first round by lower-league opposition.
    And, having struggled to meet valuations of Everton's Phil Jagielka and Blackburn's Chris Samba, Arsenal could therefore think a bid in the region of 6million would have a good chance of signing the Germany international.
    Bremen general manager Klaus Allofs is quoted as saying in The People: "We are willing to discuss a transfer for Per.
    "We have promised him we will listen to serious offers."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast