Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 08-08-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 08-08-11

Latest Transfer Update at 08-08-11

Bryan Ruiz: Tottenham target
    RUIZ AWARE OF TOTTENHAM INTEREST

FC Twente forward Bryan Ruiz has claimed Tottenham have approached his agent to discuss a possible deal.
    The Costa Rica international is believed to have a 13.75million release clause in his contract and has attracted the attention of numerous clubs with his performances in the Eredivisie over the past couple of seasons.
    He admits there is a fair chance he will be on the move this summer and has indicated that White Hart Lane could be his destination.
    Harry Redknapp has made no secret of his desire to bolster Spurs' attacking options and Ruiz is flattered to reportedly be on their radar.
    "They have approached my agent," the 25-year-old said in the Daily Mail.
    "I was told about Tottenham's interest two days ago. Spurs are a great club. I'd say that the chance that I'll leave Twente is 50 per cent."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 08-08-11

James McClean: Looks set for Sunderland move
    McCLEAN SET FOR DOUBLE SWITCH

Striker James McClean has confirmed his intention to switch allegiance to the Republic of Ireland after claiming he is on the verge of a move to Barclays Premier League club Sunderland.
    McClean pulled out of Nigel Worthington's Northern Ireland squad for Wednesday's night's "must win" Euro 2012 qualifier against the Faroes Islands amid speculation over a move from Derry to the north east.
    And the 22-year-old has confirmed his plan to make himself available for the Republic despite playing at youth level for Northern Ireland.
    "It was a blow seeing Irish League players being called up before me to the Northern Ireland squad, but having got the call I was relieved," McClean said in the Belfast Telegraph.
    "However, it's always been my dream to play for the Republic and hopefully that will become a reality now that I'm going to be a Sunderland player."
    McClean becomes the latest player to turn his back on Northern Ireland, taking advantage of a FIFA ruling that allows players from the island of Ireland to choose which national side they represent providing they have not played for the other in a competitive senior international.
    Dan Devine, Darron Gibson, Shane Duffy, Marc Wilson, Daniel Kearns and Paul George have made the switch before him.
    Although Worthington hopes to add Alex Bruce - twice capped by the Republic in friendlies - to the Northern Ireland ranks, the IFA have publicly bemoaned that the ruling has had a destabilising effect on them.
    The IFA is today due to appoint 1982 World Cup hero Gerry Armstrong to the role of international player liaison officer, with one of his main tasks being to keep young players in the fold.
    "Playing for Northern Ireland is a great honour - we need to make sure players realise that from a young age," Armstrong said in the Belfast Telegraph.
    "I'm disappointed in James' decision but maybe this could be one of those scenarios where I intervene. Ultimately it will be Nigel's decision."

Uploads

Paul Jewell: Still looking to recruit
    JEWELL WANTS TWO MORE

Ipswich manager Paul Jewell has confirmed he wants to sign two more players before the end of the transfer window.
    A new-look Tractor Boys side, which included six new players, opened their Championship campaign with a 3-0 win at Bristol City on Saturday.
    But Jewell did not like a complacent attitude adopted by his players and he plans to shake up his squad with another couple of fresh faces.
    "It was a great start for us with six new players in the side," he said in the Daily Star.
    "But we took our foot off the pedal for a bit after going in front and almost allowed City back into the game.
    "I didn't like that. I want to develop a winning mentality.
    "I will be trying to add a couple more players. There is a lot of hard work ahead."

Uploads

Mario Gotze: Not looking for a move
    GOTZE HAPPY AT DORTMUND

Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder Mario Gotze insists it is too early for him to leave for one of Europe's biggest clubs.
    The 19-year-old has emerged as one of the continent's most exciting young players and has already won comparisons with Lionel Messi.
    But Gotze, who has already won six caps for Germany, feels he is at the right club to flourish.
    "Everything works here," he said in an interview with the Bild newspaper. "We have a very good coach (Jurgen Klopp), a team with sensational prospects and we all understand each other.
    "Also I have my family, what more could I want?
    I know some players who have played abroad. It was not always easy for them. For me that would definitely be too early."

Uploads

Carlos Tevez: Back at Man City's training ground
    TEVEZ MAKES MAN CITY RETURN

Carlos Tevez arrived back at Manchester City's training ground on Monday morning with his future still uncertain.
    The Argentina striker arrived at the Carrington training ground as a passenger in a black Hummer, and exchanged an embrace with a security guard before going into the complex.
    Tevez has made no secret of the fact that he wants a move. Brazilian side Corinthians failed in a bid last month and Inter Milan looks to be the most likely destination for the player.

Uploads

Samir Nasri: Heavily linked with Man City
    NO MAJOR NASRI PROBLEM - WENGER

Arsene Wenger insists there is "no major problem" with Samir Nasri amid reports the midfielder could leave Arsenal before the start of the season.
    Nasri has just one year remaining on his contract at the Emirates Stadium and has been heavily linked with a move away from the Gunners.
    Manchester United saw a bid for the France international rejected earlier this summer, while local rivals City have now emerged as favourites to sign Nasri.
    Captain Cesc Fabregas' future at Arsenal is also uncertain and Wenger recently called on the influential duo to show their commitment to the club.
    The Gunners start the new Premier League season away to Newcastle on Saturday and there have been claims that Fabregas and Nasri could both leave before the trip to St James' Park.
    Speculation has also suggested that Fabregas and Nasri have been looking gloomy in training as Wenger tries to hang on to the pair.
    But, speaking after a 2-1 friendly defeat by Benfica at the weekend, Wenger stressed there is no row with Nasri.
    Wenger said in the Daily Express: "I cannot speak about it but there is no major problem between Samir and myself."

Uploads

Denilson - joins Sao Paulo on loan.
    DENILSON LEAVES GUNNERS ON LOAN Transfer Specials. Click here to bet.

Arsenal have confirmed midfielder Denilson has returned to former club Sao Paulo on loan for the 2011-12 campaign.
    The 23-year-old, signed in August 2006, struggled to hold down a regular place in Arsene Wenger's side last season.
    The Brazil midfielder is looking forward to getting back into action.
    He said: "I will be playing in Brazil next season as I felt that this is a good opportunity for me to play regular first-team football.
    "I move away with sadness because I have so many friends at Arsenal and everyone has always been so supportive towards me.
    "I'm now focused on doing well in Brazil next season, but will always be looking out for the Arsenal results. It is a great club with many great players, a good team spirit and a top-class manager. I wish you well for next season."

Uploads

Bebe - struggled to make an impact in debut term.
    MAN UNITED CONFIRM BEBE LOAN

Manchester United forward Bebe has joined Turkish side Besiktas on a season-long loan, the Barclays Premier League champions have confirmed.
    The 20-year-old Portuguese has made just seven first-team appearances since his surprise move to Old Trafford from Guimaraes last summer.
    Bebe had been at Guimaraes just five weeks and not even played a game for them when United swooped in a 7.4million deal.
    United boss Sir Alex Ferguson later admitted Bebe was the first player he had signed without having even seen him play on television.
    Bebe scored for United in both the Carling Cup and the Champions League and netted six times in 13 games for the reserves.
    United believe the move to Besiktas for the duration of the 2011-12 campaign will aid his development.

Uploads

Joe Hart: New deal done
    JOE HART SIGNS NEW MAN CITY DEAL

England goalkeeper Joe Hart has signed a new five-year contract with Manchester City.
    The 24-year-old, who fought off the challenge of Shay Given to establish himself as first choice, has committed himself to the club until 2016.
    He told the club's official website: "I'm absolutely delighted to have signed a new deal and it is a very exciting time to be a City player.
    "I can't think of myself being anywhere other than City and it really feels like home. I feel very privileged to be staying here for another five years.
    "I've got a lot of love for this club, the way we're moving forward and for the fans who have been fantastic towards me from day one."
    Hart joined City from Shrewsbury for 600,000 in 2006 and has also taken over the position as England first-choice goalkeeper.
    He set a new club record for clean sheets last season, and has paid tribute to Given's influence - the Republic of Ireland stopper has now moved to Aston Villa.
    Hart added: "When I signed from Shrewsbury it was always my aim to become the number one here and I was prepared to do anything to achieve that, including going out on loan a few times to prove my worth.
    "Shay's influence on me has been massive and being able to work alongside him has brought my game on tremendously.
    "I've lost a close friend and a fantastic team-mate but I'll keep in touch and talk with him on a regular basis."

Uploads

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Arsenal medical
    ARSENAL IN FOR OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN

Arsenal are closing in on the signing of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain with the Southampton winger undergoing a medical at the club.
    Oxlade-Chamberlain travelled to the Emirates Stadium for the medical on Monday, Press Association Sport understands.
    A fee of 12million is reported to have been agreed for the England under-21 international.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast