Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 10-08-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 10-08-11

Latest Transfer Update at 10-08-11

Ibrahimovic: Wants to stay
    IBRAHIMOVIC KEEN TO EXTEND MILAN STAY

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has expressed his desire to remain with AC Milan for the remainder of his career.
    The Sweden forward spent last season on loan with the Rossoneri from Barcelona before a 24million move was formalised this summer.
    And he told Gazzetta dello Sport: "I realised that what really matters in life is happiness.
    "I used to play for Barcelona, the world's best team, but was not happy. When you've had an experience as bad as that you understand what is really important.
    "I'll only leave when the club does not want me any more."
    Milan won last season's Serie A title and Ibrahimovic's hopes of further success this term were raised by a 2-1 Super Cup victory over city rivals Inter.
    Ibrahimovic, who cancelled out Wesley Sneijder's opener before Kevin-Prince Boateng won the game for Milan, said: "The victory in the Super Cup against Inter Milan was crucial to start this season well because it was not an easy game.
    "Because of this success we will have more peace around the team."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 10-08-11

Arshavin: Happy at Arsenal
    ARSHAVIN WANTS TO STAY A GUNNER

Andrey Arshavin has ruled out moves to Real Madrid and Anzhi Makhachkala and pledged his future to Arsenal.
    The 30-year-old failed to display his best form for Arsenal last season and has just one year remaining on his present deal.
    He has held talks with the Gunners board over a 12-month extension but as yet, a deal has not been concluded.
    Rumours have been circulating that the diminutive playmaker could be heading for Real Madrid, but he has steadfastly rejected that rumour.
    "They are things invented on the internet," he told the Evening Standard.
    "More than one time I have said that this season I will play in Arsenal colours. I would not play for Real Madrid for all the money in the world.
    "For me, Real is a complete taboo because I'm an admirer of Barcelona."
    The Russia captain has also been linked a move back to his homeland with ambitious Makhachkala.
    They were taken over by Russian billionaire Suleyman Kerimov in January, and are now trying to attract some of Europe's stellar names to their project.
    Inter Milan's Samuel Eto'o has been approached about signing for the club and Arshavin also has been linked.
    But he stresses they would be wasting their time if they contacted him.
    He told Sport Express newspaper: "I've already said, and can only repeat, that this season I will be at Arsenal.
    "I haven't received any proposals from Makhachkala. I have not had any contact with the club or its representatives.
    "If I ever return to Russia, then the priority option for me will be Zenit - but no-one can predict what will happen to you in the future, in a few years or even a season. As the saying goes: if you want to make God laugh - tell him about your plans for tomorrow."
    Arshavin also admits it would be an "enormous" loss for Arsenal to see captain Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri leave, but insists focus must remain on ending the Gunners' trophy drought.
    Barcelona are looking to complete the transfer of their former trainee before the new Premier League starts this weekend, but Arsenal remain steadfast in a 40million valuation.
    France international Nasri has yet to agree a contract extension with Manchester City ready to offer 22m for the midfielder, who could leave on a free next summer.
    "The policy of our club [next season] is the same, but it is difficult to say anything specific now, not least from the fact that two leading players, Cesc and Samir, have not decided their future," Arshavin said in an interview with Russian newspaper Sport Express.
    "The loss of any one of them would be enormous, and we naturally want to see Cesc and Samir play with us in the future - but if the player wants to leave the club....
    "It is hard to say [whether they will stay]."
    With or without key men Fabregas and Nasri, Arshavin accepts Arsenal will face a testing campaign ahead as they look to remain competitive.
    "The season will very difficult. I think that six teams will challenge for the top spot," he said.
    "The main thing, though, is to win any title with Arsenal."

Uploads

Neymar: Linked with Spanish duo
    NEYMAR TALKS UP SPANISH DUO

Santos striker Neymar has described Real Madrid as "a great club with a great history" days after calling Barcelona the "best team in the world" as speculation continues over whether the 19-year-old will leave the Brazilian club and head for Spain.
    The teenager has been heavily linked with both Real and Barcelona, although Santos president Luis Alvaro De Oliveira last week insisted Neymar will be playing for the club next year.
    In a FIFA interview earlier this week Neymar eulogised about Barca,
    saying: "they're the best team in the world and they've got the world's best player in their side".
    However, speaking ahead of Brazil's friendly against Germany in Stuttgart on Wednesday night, Neymar denied he was being disrespectful to Real and told Marca: "Not by a long shot."
    He then went on to hail Jose Mourinho's side, saying: "It's a great team this year that can win it all with the players they have.
    "Madrid is a great club with great history, one of the greatest, no doubt ."
    However, Neymar would not be drawn on where he will be playing come the new season.
    "My future, we'll see," he said.
    "We have already talked a lot about this, every day.
    "I cannot say anything, really, you have to understand me.
    "I am focused on my selection now and the game against Germany."

Uploads

Peter Crouch: Wanted by Stoke
    STOKE IN FINAL BID FOR SPURS PAIR

Stoke have made their "last bid" to Tottenham for striker Peter Crouch and midfielder Wilson Palacios, according to Potters chairman Peter Coates.
    The two clubs have reportedly been in talks for some time, and Coates has now revealed his club would not budge from their latest offer.
    He told BBC Radio Stoke: "We've made our last bid. The ball is in their court. We shall not be negotiating from where we are.
    "The last conversation I had with Spurs, we had not agreed anything. We'll see what happens, but we haven't got any further."
    England forward Crouch, 30, began his career at White Hart Lane as a trainee and returned to the club two years ago for reported fee of around 9million after spells with sides including QPR, Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Southampton and Liverpool.
    He scored 11 goals in 45 appearances in all competitions for Harry Redknapp's side last term, having netted the winner at Manchester City in May 2010 to secure fourth place for Spurs in the Barclays Premier League.
    Honduras midfielder Palacios, 27, joined Tottenham in January 2009 in a 12million transfer from Wigan. He had moved to the north-west of England from Honduran club Olimpia after a brief loan spell with Birmingham.

Uploads

Ameobi: New deal
    SHOLA AMEOBI PENS NEWCASTLE DEAL

Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi has signed a two-year contract extension, which will keep him at St James' Park until the summer of 2014.
    The 29-year-old made his Magpies debut in 2000 and has played over 300 games for the club, scoring 70 goals.
    "All I've ever wanted is to play for Newcastle United and it is a really happy day for me," Ameobi said in a statement.
    "Newcastle is, and always will be, my club and I'm looking forward immensely to the next three years, beginning this Saturday with the new season opener against Arsenal.
    "I would also like to thank the board and the manager for their continued support, which is very much appreciated."
    Ameobi, who came up through the youth ranks at Newcastle, netted nine times in the Barclays Premier League last season as the club finished 12th in the standings.
    Manager Alan Pardew welcomed the news of the striker's extended deal.
    "We are delighted to have confirmed Shola's new contract," he said.
    "He has done a terrific job for me since I've been at the club and he is also a great character to have around the place.
    "It is important to have continuity, and keeping Shola on board helps us achieve that aim."

Uploads

Sorensen: Talked to City
    SORENSEN DISCUSSED MAN CITY SWITCH

Frustrated Stoke keeper Thomas Sorensen admits he came close to joining Manchester City this summer.
    The Danish shot-stopper slipped out of Tony Pulis' first-team plans last season, with Asmir Begovic often favoured in the Potters' starting XI.
    A lack of action forced Sorensen to weigh up his options, with it important for him to be playing regularly at the back end of his career.
    The 35-year-old admits it is still his intention to find weekly action, be that at the Britannia Stadium or somewhere else.
    A move to City would have seen him switch from one bench to another, with Joe Hart the Blues' number one, but Sorensen admits a transfer to Eastlands did appeal.
    In the end, though, nothing came of the discussions and he is once again considering what his next move should be.
    On the City link, Sorensen told Sky Sports News: "If a big club is interested, of that size, you can't really look the other way.
    "There was negotiations there, but they didn't turn out to anything and I move on.
    "When you get to my age, you realise that you will have to end at some point, and that makes it all the more important to keep playing - especially when you have got the motivation and the level as well.
    "For me it is important to play, as it has been ever since I started. I have got a year contract there (Stoke), so that's the situation at the moment."

Uploads

Allen: Signs new deal
    JOE ALLEN EXTENDS SWANSEA STAY

Joe Allen has become the latest player to commit himself to Swansea after agreeing a new four-year contract.
    The 21-year-old midfielder was an integral part of the squad that secured promotion last term.
    Confirmation of his new deal comes just a day after captain Garry Monk agreed a three-year contract, while the likes of Angel Rangel, Andrea Orlandi and Neil Taylor have also put pen to paper on new contracts during the course of the summer.
    Allen told the club website: "The fact that the manager and the club wanted to re-sign me and for such a long length of time is pleasing.
    "They have shown a lot of faith in me and I am flattered."
    Manager Brendan Rodgers had said in a radio interview last month that Allen had agreed his deal, but the diminutive playmaker only signed the new contract today.
    Allen made his debut in a 6-3 defeat to Blackpool in League One four years ago and, having played a part in two promotion campaigns, cannot wait to test himself in the top flight this season.
    He added: "The club has always moved forward during my time here and it shows how far we have come when we kick off the season at Manchester City in the Premier League.
    "Technically, Man City are very good, but they are probably also the biggest side physically in the league. I have been in the gym all summer trying to bulk up, but I think I've got a long way to go.
    "But we've all got to stand up and be ready."

Uploads

Andrews: Wanted by Jewell
    KEITH ANDREWS COULD JOIN IPSWICH

Ipswich manager Paul Jewell hopes to sign Blackburn midfielder Keith Andrews on loan.
    The 30-year-old has fallen down out of favour at Ewood Park and played only a handful of games for the club last season.
    But Republic of Ireland international Andrews has been at Ipswich for talks and Jewell now hopes to complete the final details of the deal.
    After his side's 2-1 defeat to Northampton in the Carling Cup on Tuesday night, Jewell told Ipswich's official website: "Keith Andrews is here and we're speaking to him to try and get a deal together for him to become our player, but it's not done yet.
    "We're looking to get him in on a loan deal, but there are still a few things to be sorted out so it's not quite done.
    "It is something we're trying to do and if things go well over the next 24 hours then he could become our player."

Uploads

Rigters: Training with Aberdeen
    RIGTERS TRAINING WITH DONS

Former Celtic target Maceo Rigters is training with Aberdeen this week, the Pittodrie club have confirmed.
    Gordon Strachan tried to sign Rigters for Celtic in 2007 after the striker starred in Holland's successful European Under-21 Championship campaign, but Blackburn beat him to his signature.
    However, Rigters failed to make an impact at Rovers following his move from NAC Breda, making just eight appearances over the course of his four-year contract.
    The forward had a short spell on loan at Norwich and failed to score in a season-long loan at Barnsley.
    The 27-year-old then spent last term on loan at Willem II in his homeland before his Ewood Park deal expired.

Uploads

Riggott: Is working his way back to full fitness
    RIGGOTT SEALS RAMS RETURN

Chris Riggott has returned to Derby, the club who helped to launch his career, and has signed a one-year deal.
    The 30-year-old has spent the summer training with the Rams following his release by Cardiff.
    He has suffered with injuries in recent times and underwent back surgery at the beginning of the year.
    Riggott is, however, working his way back to full fitness and has shown enough during his time with Derby to suggest that he is deserving of a full-time contract.
    The agreement reached with the Rams is appearance based and will require the centre-half to prove himself on a regular basis.
    "He is delighted with his back and so are we," said Derby manager Nigel Clough.
    "We are just going to have to be patient with the secondary injuries he is likely to pick up after playing so little football."
    Riggott came through the youth system at Derby and made 100 appearances for the club before moving to Middlesbrough in 2003.
    He was not involved in the Carling Cup defeat to Shrewsbury on Tuesday night due to an Achilles tendon problem which will take about a fortnight to heal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast