Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11

    Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11

    Fabregas: Could be heading for Barcelona
    FABREGAS HEADING FOR GUNNERS EXIT

    Arsenal look set to reluctantly accept a cut-price deal for wantaway captain Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.
    The European champions had initially seen a 27million offer rebuffed earlier in the summer, as Arsenal remained steadfast in their demands over a 40million fee for their captain.
    However, with Barcelona not willing to significantly up their cash bid, and Gunners manager Arsene Wenger admitting the player was unsettled, it now appears as if Arsenal will have to allow the deal to go through for less than they had wanted.
    The package is reported to include a down payment of 30million euros (27million), with an additional 6million euros (5.2million) in performance-based add-ons at a later stage.
    There are also suggestions Fabregas is prepared to waive the 4million compensation he would be entitled to for the remainder of his long-term Arsenal contract, as technically the player never asked for a transfer.
    Fabregas had, officially at least, been struggling for match fitness because of a hamstring injury which saw him miss the club's Asia Tour and other pre-season games, while Wenger consciously omitted his captain from the Emirates Cup.
    Were Fabregas, 24, to feature in next week's first leg of Arsenal's Champions League play-off against Udinese, the midfielder would be ineligible for any other side later in the competition.
    Fabregas joined Arsenal for nothing from Barcelona in 2003, and has made more than 300 appearances, scoring 57 goals.
    However, despite winning both the European Championships and World Cup with Spain, club success has not followed for the midfielder, who missed the Gunners' shock Carling Cup final defeat at Wembley through injury.
    Arsenal could also sell France midfielder Samir Nasri, who has yet to agree a contract extension - with Manchester City ready to offer 22million for the midfielder, who could leave on a free next summer.
    Valencia midfielder Juan Mata is a long-time target of Wenger.
    Arsenal winger Andrey Arshavin accepts there is little any club can do when a player has his heart on a move away.
    He said: "The loss of any one of them would be enormous, and we naturally want to see Cesc and Samir play with us in the future - but if the player wants to leave the club.... it is hard to say [whether they will stay]."
    Wenger is determined to further bolster his squad following the 12million arrival of pacy forward Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Southampton.
    Costa Rican forward Joel Campbell is said to be close to a 1million move to the Emirates Stadium.
    Defensive reinforcements are top of the agenda, with a 6million move for Birmingham's centre-half Scott Dann said to be imminent after Arsenal failed to complete a deal for Everton's Phil Jagielka or Gary Cahill from Bolton.
    Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner, linked with Stoke, has yet to find a new club, while utility man Emmanuel Eboue is expected to sign for Galatasaray.
    Wenger will be hoping his internationals return fit and well to London Colney, with reports Arshavin picked up a knock during Russia's friendly against Serbia in Moscow.
    England duo Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere are already doubts for Saturday's Barclays Premier League opener at Newcastle because of ankle injuries, along with striker Robin van Persie, who is carrying a similar problem.

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11

    Aquilani: Scored the winner for Italy
    AQUILANI HAPPY TO STAY AT ANFIELD

    Italian ace Alberto Aquilani has insisted he is more than happy to stay with Liverpool.
    Aquilani spent last season on-loan at Juventus, and has since been linked with moves back to Italy with AC Milan and Fiorentina.
    Kenny Dalglish has suggested the 27-year-old could still have a role to play with the Reds, and the former Roma star admits he does feel wanted at Anfield.
    After scoring the winner for his country against Spain on Wednesday, Aquilani confirmed that staying at Liverpool was very much an option for him.
    "All I can say is that there has been a lot of talk," he said.
    "I wasn't following the Italian media much over the summer, but whatever happens I am at a great club like Liverpool.
    "I'd love to make my mark at Liverpool. The transfer market is open until August 31, so we'll see what happens.
    "Obviously I would take the offer of a permanent move into consideration with Liverpool."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11

    Michel Vorm: Completed move to Swansea City
    SWANSEA COMPLETE VORM SIGNING

    Swansea have finalised the 1.5million signing of Dutch goalkeeper Michel Vorm from Utrecht.
    The 27-year-old, capped five times by Holland, has signed a three-year contract with the Premier League newcomers.
    He could make his Swansea debut against Manchester City on Monday.
    Vorm is relishing his role in manager Brendan Rodgers' team as the new season approaches, and revealed Premier League stars past and present backed his move.
    He told Swansea's official website: "I've spoken with guys like Nigel de Jong, Robin van Persie, Rafael van der Vaart and Ruud van Nistelrooy and they all same the same - the Premier League is a beautiful place.
    "The Premier League is the biggest league in the world and to be part of it is a massive opportunity.
    "It is a huge challenge for the club because we are new to the league, but it is a fresh challenge too."
    Vorm is set to be Swansea's first-choice goalkeeper for the new season, following the departure of Dorus de Vries to Wolves.
    "I know Dorus was very popular here, and he did very well," said Vorm.
    "Dorus got a move to Wolves, so that leaves an opportunity.
    "Hopefully I will take that opportunity. I know I will fit into the style at Swansea - it's not like the other British clubs where the goalkeeper is told to hit it down the pitch.
    "So if I can impress here then hopefully I can help my chances with the Dutch national team.
    "But, firstly, I have to play well for Swansea and help the team in the Premier League."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11

    Martinez: Hopeful of completing Dicko deal
    LATICS CLOSE ON DICKO SIGNING

    Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is hoping to complete the signing of teenage striker Nouha Dicko ahead of the start of the Premier League season this weekend.
    The 19-year-old Frenchman has impressed in a trial spell with the club after leaving Strasbourg, who have been forced to release all their players because of financial problems.
    Martinez told the Wigan Evening Post: "We are hoping that everything will be concluded very, very soon on that one.
    "Unfortunately for Strasbourg, because of their financial problems, they've lost control of their players, and all we are waiting for is clarification from the FA that is the case so we can bring in Nouha.
    "At 19, he is a really exciting prospect and we're looking forward to working with him. Only time will tell how quickly he develops, and we'll need to be patient with him.
    "The first few months will be about him understanding the way we want him to play and the rhythm of the English league. But he is a very intelligent boy, which allows him to take concepts on very quickly, and I hope to see him fulfilling his potential very soon.
    "If he can do that, he'll be competing for a first-team place certainly by the end of the season. He has real pace, and a real raw talent - and players like that are difficult to find in this day and age."
    If Dicko does sign for Wigan he will be Martinez's third summer recruit after goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi - who impressed on loan last season - and midfielder David Jones.

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11

    Ness: Has struggled with injury
    McCOIST HAS HIGH HOPES FOR NESS

    Rangers manager Ally McCoist is hopeful midfielder Jamie Ness can finally get an extended run free from injury and kick-start his career.
    The 20-year-old got his first taste of action since April when he came on during a friendly defeat by Chelsea on Saturday.
    Ness burst into the first team at the turn of the year, scoring a spectacular goal against Celtic in the Scottish Cup in February, but his season was soon curtailed by calf and groin injuries.
    The left-sided midfielder showed enough class and guile in his brief spell in the side to mark him out as one to watch and McCoist is hopeful he can fulfil his potential.
    Ness suffered from serious injuries during his formative years at Murray Park but a trip to Germany in the summer appears to have rid him of the problems that halted his progress earlier this year.
    McCoist, whose team take on Inverness in the SPL on Saturday, told Rangers TV: "Without wanting to put any pressure on the lad, Jamie is a player who definitely excites us on the coaching and management side.
    "The biggest problem he has had, he seems to struggle to string two or three games together.
    "But he went to see a specialist in Germany this summer and he seems happier within himself now.
    "He is certainly feeling good in his head and his body now and we hope he can kick on."
    Meanwhile, Rangers have recalled Scotland Under-21 goalkeeper Grant Adam from a loan spell at Forfar after Scott Gallacher suffered a thigh injury.

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11

    Saha: Happy with squad
    KEEP THE FAITH, SAHA URGES FANS

    Striker Louis Saha has urged Everton's fans to trust the club after another quiet summer in the transfer market.
    Only young defender Eric Dier, a loan signing from Sporting Lisbon, has arrived at Goodison Park, with James Vaughan and Iain Turner leaving the club.
    A section of fans have continued to voice their discontent with a perceived lack of investment in the playing squad, but Frenchman Saha has faith in the people running the club, and feels supporters should do too.
    He said: "It's not the right way to start a season but I'm here to kick the ball and make sure we're winning games. I understand their concern but they have to be confident in the team and the squad.
    "They should know the chairman and the board and the manager are trying hard. They're desperate to do something but if they're not doing something it's because they've got big reasons for that. You have to trust them. We trust them as players."
    Defender Sylvain Distin believes the crucial thing is that Everton have so far hung on to star names like Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines, Mikel Arteta and Tim Cahill.
    He said: "I think we've got enough quality and the most important thing is to keep our best players, which so far is the case. That's a positive and a strong sign.
    "Any team and any player would like to improve their squad, so everybody wants to see new players coming.
    "But the fact we don't have too many players every season is a positive as well because it means you play with the same guys so you get to know each other a bit more and create a good team spirit."
    Everton are still waiting to hear whether Saturday's Barclays Premier League opener at Tottenham will go ahead after the recent riots in London, but if it does the Toffees will be without two key players in Seamus Coleman and Arteta.
    The Spaniard is still struggling with the foot injury that has kept him out for much of pre-season, but more worrying for Everton is the news about Coleman's right ankle problem.
    A scan on the joint the Republic of Ireland international damaged in the friendly defeat by Villarreal on Friday showed he has torn a ligament.
    No possible return date has yet been set for the 22-year-old, who would have missed the first two games of the season anyway through suspension but now looks set to be sidelined for a much longer period.
    Head physio Danny Donachie told evertonfc.com: "Seamus has torn the lateral ligament in his right ankle. He will be visiting a specialist in London later this week for further assessment."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11

    Huntelaar: Wanted by Rubin Kazan
    SCHALKE EXPECT HUNTELAAR STAY

    Schalke expect Klaas-Jan Huntelaar to honour his contract and ignore an approach from Rubin Kazan.
    Reports have suggested the Russian club have made a 14million (12m) bid for the Holland international striker.
    But Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt does not think Huntelaar wants to move away from Veltins Arena.
    Horst Heldt told Sport Bild: "We have been approached by a Russian team. Kazan have shown an interest in signing Klaas-Jan. They have apparently already spoken with his agent as well.
    "However, he has ruled out a transfer as far as I know. Klaas-Jan is staying at Schalke."
    Meanwhile, the agent of Raul has criticised Schalke for leaking information which suggests there has been a breakdown in contract talks with the former Real Madrid striker.
    His representative, Gines Carvajal, told Spanish news agency EFE: "The information on his contract situation is extremely strange.
    "The club is confusing the supporters as much as the whole business with his information. They need to work on that."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11

    Michel Bastos: Wants to stay
    BASTOS HAPPY AT LYON

    Lyon wing-back Michel Bastos wants to stay with the club despite interest from Juventus.
    The Brazil international has been linked with a move away from the Stade Gerland but took to his Twitter account last night to declare he plans to stay with OL.
    He also indicated the appointment of former defender Remi Garde as coach Claude Puel's replacement in June had played a part in his decision.
    He posted: "Friends, let me tell you that I will remain at OL. This is where I want to win titles...
    "For those who want an explanation, it is simple: new atmosphere. I never wanted to leave at any price. I feel very comfortable here."
    The 28-year-old joined Lyon two years ago from Lille for 18million euros.

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11

    Eljero Elia: Wanted by Juventus
    HAMBURG REJECT ELIA BID

    Hamburg have turned down a bid from Juventus for Holland winger Eljero Elia.
    The Bundesliga club confirmed they had received an offer from Juve -reportedly of around seven million euros - on their website, with HSV sporting director Frank Arnesen insisting the 24-year-old was not for sale.
    "We do not want to sell Eljero Elia and we have no need to sell him," Arnesen told www.hsv.de. "He is a very important player for us."
    A Hamburg statement read: "For well over a week in the Italian and now also in the German media, there have been reports of interest from Juventus in Eljero Elia.
    "And it's true: The Italian club have made an offer for the Holland international, which reached us on Tuesday evening."
    Elia was part of the Hamburg team which lost their Bundesliga opener 3-1 at Borussia Dortmund last Friday. HSV host Hertha Berlin on Saturday.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11

    Leno: Signs on loan
    BAYER LEVERKUSEN LOAN LENO

    Bayer Leverkusen have signed Stuttgart goalkeeper Bernd Leno on loan as cover for their injury problems between the posts.
    The 19-year-old has joined Leverkusen until the end of 2011, with both Rene Adler (knee surgery) and Fabian Giefer (concussion) currently out of action.
    "We are pleased that we are able to quickly find a quality solution for this important position and are confident that, with Bernd Leno's help, we can achieve our goals this season," the club's sporting director Rudi Voller told www.bayer04.de.
    Leverkusen have had a woeful start to the new campaign, falling at the first hurdle in the DFB-Pokal to Dynamo Dresden before losing their Bundesliga opener against Mainz 2-0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 11-06-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 00:23:54
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 27-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27-04-2011, 14:00:35
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 14-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14-04-2011, 15:35:38
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 12-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2011, 19:40:19
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 11-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 15:07:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •