Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 15-08-11

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 15-08-11

    Latest Transfer Update at 15-08-11

    Sunu: Has attracted the attention of Feyenoord
    FEYENOORD EYE ARSENAL YOUNGSTERS
    Feyenoord have given up on signing Arsenal youngster Ryo Miyaichi on loan for the season but have expressed interest in Gunners prospects Gilles Sunu and Oguzhan Ozyakup.
    Miyaichi impressed on loan at the Eredivisie side last term and the Rotterdammers made it clear they would like to bring the 18-year-old back to De Kuip for another year.
    However, the Japanese forward was granted a work permit to play in England last week and will now spend the campaign with the Gunners.
    Feyenoord's technical director Martin van Geel says young Arsenal pair Gilles Sunu and Oguzhan Ozyakup have caught the club's attention as alternatives to Miyaichi.
    But with adequate attacking resources already at the club's disposal, Van Geel has no immediate plans to call on the north Londoners.
    He told De Telegraaf: "We could get Gilles Sunu and Oguzhan Ozyakup on loan at Feyenoord. (However) their positions are already filled in a good way. Therefore I won't travel to London right now."
    French forward Sunu has caught Feyenoord's attention during loan spells at Derby and Lorient, while teenage Dutch midfielder Ozyakup has made a name for himself with Arsenal's reserves.
    Dutch newspaper AD has also linked Feyenoord with a move for Manchester City striker John Guidetti after they missed out on signing Miyaichi for another season.
    Arsene Wenger says Miyaichi should be available to play for Arsenal against Liverpool next weekend, but has confirmed he will miss their Champions League clash against Udinese on Tuesday.
    "We got the work permit for him because he is an exceptional talent," the manager told the Gunners' official website.
    "Overall we are very happy because he is one of the players who can have a big impact this season. He will play as a striker, right or left, he is a winger type and he is very keen."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 15-08-11

    Joey Barton: Has been linked with Arsenal
    WENGER NOT EYEING BARTON SWOOP
    Arsene Wenger has described Joey Barton as "a great player" but doesn't envisage a move for the controversial Newcastle midfielder.
    The 28-year-old was centre of attention when the two sides drew 0-0 at St James' Park on Saturday as he was involved in the incident which saw Gunners debutant Gervinho sent off.
    That came after a summer which saw Barton made available on a free transfer - and linked with Arsenal in some quarters - following his criticism of the Magpies' transfer policy.
    In comments quoted in The Guardian, Wenger said: "Nobody dismisses signing Joey Barton but I don't think we envisage doing that at the moment.
    "I like the courage of the player. He's a good player. Sometimes there's trouble with his temper but he's a great player."
    He added jokingly: "Maybe the way to sort Barton out is to sign him. Maybe that's the solution."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 15-08-11

    Robbie Keane: LA Galaxy target
    ROBBIE KEANE WAITING ON GALAXY
    Tottenham striker Robbie Keane is waiting to see whether his 3.5million move to the Los Angeles Galaxy has gone through.
    Keane is understood to be interested in a move to the United States, but the agreed deal is complicated by MLS rules, which state that any American team must have only three high-earning squad members, known as "designated players".
    The Galaxy currently have David Beckham, Landon Donovan and Juan Pablo Angel registered as their "designated players" and must lose one of them to allow Keane to join.
    Angel, the former Aston Villa striker, is the most likely player to leave the Galaxy, with Philadelphia Union reportedly interested in signing him.
    Another problem that may hinder the deal is that the MLS transfer deadline passed at midnight EST (5am UK time).
    The Galaxy are yet to make any official announcement on whether the transfer has gone through, but their president Tom Payne said any signings would not be formally announced until Monday evening UK time.
    Keane is surplus to requirements at White Hart Lane after dropping down the pecking order over the past two seasons, and has recently stated his desire to leave.
    The Republic of Ireland striker, who has had two spells at White Hart Lane, played 13 times for Tottenham last year before being shipped out on loan to West Ham, where he failed to impress.
    The 31-year-old made 254 appearances for Spurs during his first spell between 2002 and 2008, during which time he scored 107 goals.
    He then moved to Liverpool for 20million but returned to north London within six months after a torrid time at Anfield.
    Redknapp preferred to use Jermain Defoe, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Peter Crouch last season and the arrival of Rafael van der Vaart further reduced Keane's first-team opportunities.
    Blackburn and npower Championship side Leicester are also thought to be interested in the former Inter Milan striker.

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 15-08-11

    Johnson: Prepared to fight for a place at City
    ADAM JOHNSON UP FOR THE FIGHT
    Adam Johnson is undaunted by the prospect of going up against added competition at Manchester City if Roberto Mancini invests in a new winger.
    Johnson failed to pin down a regular spot in the City manager's first team last season and could find playing time even more limited this term if the big-spending club complete a swoop for Arsenal's Samir Nasri.
    The 24-year-old has been linked with loan moves to Everton and Sunderland this summer, but Mancini has made it clear the winger remains in his plans.
    And Johnson believes fighting for a place in City's star-studded squad is part and parcel of being at a high-profile side.
    He told The Sun: "I know the manager has said he wants another winger. But with the players we've got here, most of us know we won't play every single game.
    "That's just part of being at a massive club like this. Two players for every position is good but if it was any more than that it would be difficult to get a game."
    Johnson is pleased that Mancini has confirmed he has a part to play at the Etihad Stadium this season.
    He added: "When you get linked with other teams you start to wonder if you are in their plans. But it's brilliant he's said I am.
    "I had a lot of conversations with the manager, some things I agreed with, some I didn't.
    "Whether it was right or not though, he's definitely brought me on as a player. I understand him a bit more now."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 15-08-11

    Martin Jol: Wants to bolster forward line
    JOL STILL WANTS STRIKER SIGNING
    Fulham boss Martin Jol has reiterated that he wants to bolster his forward line before the end of the transfer window.
    Jol has said since he arrived at Craven Cottage earlier this summer that he is looking to strengthen his options.
    The Dutchman is happy with Bobby Zamora and Andrew Johnson, but wants more resources without having to push Clint Dempsey into a forward role.
    "I feel there is more to come from Zamora and Johnson but - we played too many long balls to Bobby. I'd like to add a few things going forward," he said.
    "We saw on Saturday (against Aston Villa) if we swap our No 9 I have to put Clint Dempsey there and I don't want to do that.
    "That's why we will try to do something in the transfer window. Does that mean a striker is my priority? Maybe.
    "We are not going to be able to compete financially with some of the other teams but the spirit here is great."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 15-08-11

    Wes Brown: Saluted by team-mate Larsson
    LARSSON PRAISE FOR WES BROWN
    Sunderland's Anfield goalscoring hero Sebastian Larsson has piled the praise on his fellow summer signing Wes Brown.
    The experienced defender called time on his lengthy Manchester United career to begin a fresh challenge with the Black Cats this summer.
    Although Larsson made the headlines with his strike in their 1-1 weekend draw at Liverpool on Saturday, the Swede has hailed Brown's impact.
    The 31-year-old has brought leadership qualities, according to Larsson, who has also been delighted with his partnership with Anton Ferdinand.
    "Ever since Wes came here he's been a leader," said Larsson.
    "He's a terrific player and obviously can only get better by playing regularly.
    "He was fantastic. It was nice seeing him and Anton do well."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 15-08-11

    Leadbitter: Happy at Ipswich
    LEADBITTER HAPPY AT IPSWICH
    Grant Leadbitter insists he is happy at Ipswich after brushing off speculation about his future at Portman Road.
    The midfielder was linked with a 2million move to Portsmouth last week following Ipswich's capture of Keith Andrews on loan from Blackburn.
    Town boss Paul Jewell has dismissed talk of a bid from Pompey and also confirmed the club intend to discuss a new contract with Leadbitter.
    The former Sunderland man is also unaware of any approach and appears happy to talk about an extension to his deal, which expires at the end of the season.
    "I saw the speculation about me, but it is just that," said Leadbitter in the East Anglian Daily Times. "I'm not aware of any bid.
    "I've spoken to the manager about the contract before so his comments don't come as a surprise.
    "I'm happy at Ipswich, happy with the manager and I think this is a team going places."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 15-08-11

    Wenger: Has lost Fabregas but hopes Nasri stays
    WENGER 'SAD' AT FABREGAS EXIT

    Arsene Wenger challenged his Arsenal squad to show life will go on for the Gunners following the sale of captain Cesc Fabregas back to Barcelona.
    The 24-year-old, who arrived at Highbury as a raw teenager in 2003, has completed his return to the Nou Camp in a reported 35million deal.
    Wenger accepts this time Arsenal could not stand in his way any longer, given Fabregas' desire to move back to his boyhood club.
    However, the Gunners boss maintains all is not lost at the Emirates Stadium.
    "What is important is to focus on our targets and we wish good luck to Cesc, who is a great player, one of the best players in the world. Life goes on and we want to show we have the needed desire and strength to deal with the situation," Wenger told a news conference ahead of Tuesday night's Champions League play-off first leg against Udinese.
    "Yes, we lost a world-class player and we are sad about it. We did fight to keep him, but in the end we have as well to respect the desire of the player.
    "This club is 125 years old this season and many big players have left the club and the club went on.
    "We want to show that we have the strengths and unity to fight as we ever did at this club."
    Wenger maintained for Fabregas, the lure of Barcelona was just too strong - and is why Arsenal did not put their captain on the open market, where he would have fetched a much higher fee.
    "To get the best out of a player, he needs to be completely committed to where he is. Cesc wanted to go back to his home city," the Arsenal boss added.
    "If you understand one thing, it is Cesc did not go for financial reasons, or that he did not love this club - Cesc went because he was desperate to play for his home town club, where he was educated.
    "It is very difficult to resist that."
    While Wenger accepts there was little he could do to keep Fabregas, the Arsenal boss believes the situation with contract rebel Samir Nasri, who could leave on a free transfer next summer, is completely different.
    "The two things are not linked in my spirit," he said.
    "Ideally I want Samir Nasri to stay, but as much as we were in a strong position on the contract side with Cesc, the situation is a bit different.
    "Hopefully we can sort the situation out."
    Wenger expects a response from the players - starting tomorrow against Udinese.
    "What is more important than the message is how strong we feel inside as a team. We are determined, we have bought some very good players and overall the feeling inside the squad is very strong and the desire and belief is very strong," the Arsenal boss said.
    "But of course that will be encouraged by the results we obtain in the very near future and as well certainly by the fact we can certainly bring one or two players in because we are a bit short."
    Wenger, though, knocked down reports Arsenal were about to sign Shakhtar Donetsk's Brazilian midfielder Jadson, having last week denied a move for Juan Mata from Valencia.
    "What I want to say is that we are not frightened to spend money, but we have to be convinced the player is better than what we have," the Arsenal boss said.
    "That is our main concern, to bring quality. We have quality, but want to add more quality."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 15-08-11

    Eboue: Set for move to Turkey
    GALATASARAY IN FOR EBOUE

    Galatasaray have confirmed they are in talks to sign out-of-favour Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Eboue.
    Eboue struggled for first-team action with the Gunners last season and his departure has been expected after he was not handed a squad number ahead of the new season.
    And the 28-year-old Ivory Coast international, who joined the Gunners in 2005, looks set for a move to Turkey after Galatasaray revealed talks had started.
    "Galatasaray has begun negotiations with Arsenal FC for the transfer of Ivorian-Belgian professional football player Emmanuel Eboue," a statement on Galatasaray's official website.
    "The public will be updated about the developments."
    Eboue made 13 Premier League appearances for the Gunners last season as he found himself down the pecking order at the Emirates Stadium.
    His hopes of forcing his way back into the first-team reckoning looked unlikely even though Cesc Fabregas has completed his protracted move to Barcelona, while Samir Nasri is also expected to follow out the exit door soon.
    Eboue has made 216 appearances in all competitions for Arsenal, scoring 13 goals, since his move from Belgian side Beveren six years ago.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 15-08-11

    Modibo Maiga: Newcastle target
    MAIGA DEMANDS NEWCASTLE MOVE

    Mali forward Modibo Maiga has urged Sochaux to allow him to join Newcastle.
    The Magpies have made a bid for the 23-year-old , which is understood to be in the region of eight million euros (7million).
    However, Sochaux are refusing to do business, to Maiga's chagrin.
    When asked if he had an offer from Newcastle, he said: "Yes, but before the Newcastle offer I have not been offered anything, but now I would like the chairman to consider my interest. I want to leave.
    "I met everyone at Newcastle. They want me and it is not just any club. Premier League is a dream.
    "That is the kind of game I like, it suits me and it is good for my career. I want to leave, he has to accept that and negotiate.
    "I told the coach I would play and respect my contract, but the chairman has to talk about my transfer first. I don't want to annoy Sochaux, but I want it to be sorted out with Newcastle."
    Maiga is not happy that the initial offer was rejected, and he has told Sochaux of his displeasure.
    "Offers have now come for me and the chairman refused to talk," Maiga, who scored 15 goals last season, told L'Equipe.
    "I had a meeting with him and I could not accept his position, it is just like a big slap in the face.
    "It was the very first time I asked for something and I believe it is lack of respect. Why refusing to talk? It is selfish, I can't understand.
    "You can't refuse such an offer. The sums are huge, both for me and for the club. Sochaux will not lose."
    Maiga, who can play out wide or up front, only joined Sochaux last year when he moved from Le Mans and he was hugely impressive in his first season finishing as one of the top scorers in France.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Latest Transfer Update at 08-05-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 22:56:33
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 07-05-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 10:56:05
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 06-05-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 10:21:53
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 05-05-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 23:50:17
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 22-02-11.
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-02-2011, 11:03:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •