Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 16-08-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 16-08-11

Latest Transfer Update at 16-08-11

Raul: No enquiries from other clubs
    NO RAUL ENQUIRY FROM BLACKBURN

Schalke boss Ralf Rangnick insists there have been no enquiries for Raul after Blackburn were linked with the striker.
    The Real Madrid legend bagged 14 goals in 36 Bundesliga appearances last season following his move from the Bernabeu.
    Rangnick would be prepared to let the 34-year-old go if he was unhappy, but he has not had any complaints from the Spaniard, who has one year left on his current contract.
    "In terms of Raul it is the same as it is with all of the players of my squad. If he comes up saying he wants to move on we'll look into things," commented Rangnick to BILD.
    "So far he hasn't said anything to me and we've not received any enquiries from any club.
    "I have been speaking to Raul over the past months every now and then and he has said everything is fine.
    "Raul is definitely an important player for our team, although there are eleven players on the pitch."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-08-11

Nasri: Cook tight-lipped about potential deal.
    GARRY COOK SILENT ON NASRI LINK

Manchester City chief executive Garry Cook on Monday night refused to be drawn on the possibility of Samir Nasri joining the club from Arsenal.
    The 24-year-old midfielder has been linked with a 25million move to City and he could be set to follow Cesc Fabregas out of the Emirates after the Spaniard joined Barcelona earlier on Monday.
    The France international has yet to pen a new deal with the Gunners, and so could leave on a free transfer next summer.
    The transfer window closes at the end of the month but Cook would not add to the speculation although neither did he deny the deal could materialise.
    Cook told BBC 5 Live: "We always try not to disclose anything - obviously he's still an Arsenal player and we need to respect that.
    "So unfortunately I will refrain from giving an update on that."
    As well as Nasri, the future of Carlos Tevez has been the subject of speculation with the Argentina international linked with a move away from the Etihad Stadium for months.
    Last month a proposed 40million move to Brazilian side Corinthians failed to materialise and the player has been linked with Inter Milan for some time.
    However, Cook claimed there had been no contact with the Italian club and believes Tevez will still be with City next month playing alongside summer signing Sergio Aguero.
    Cook said: "He is still a Manchester City player and to see him playing alongside Aguero is going to be pretty exciting for all the City fans."
    On whether Tevez will be at City in September, Cook added: "I've not spoken to anybody about anything that will dispel that notion."
    Cook admits Champions League football is essential given the amount of investment in the north-west club.
    On the club's hopes for the coming season, Cook added: "(Manager) Roberto (Mancini) will be entering four competitions this year for the first time in many years and I have no doubt he will be trying to win every single one of them.
    "Everyone has got an opinion of what we should try and achieve and what we should try and do.
    "All I do know is that Roberto is a winner and last year he said he's going to win the title and this year he'll say the very same thing.
    "We set out two and a half, three years ago that it was about building a successful, sustainable football club for the future.
    "To do that you've got to be playing Champions League football and to be playing alongside the very best in Europe."

Uploads

Robbie Keane: Beckham played a part in move
    BECKHAM HELPED SEAL KEANE SWITCH

Robbie Keane revealed David Beckham had played a part in his move to Major League Soccer as he completed his transfer from Tottenham to the Los Angeles Galaxy on Monday night.
    Keane had been in discussions with the MLS club over a move after it became clear he was surplus to requirements at White Hart Lane.
    The Republic of Ireland captain admitted earlier this week he thought his time at Tottenham was coming to an end, and the move to join Beckham's team in a 3.5million transfer was finally completed on Monday evening.
    "Tottenham can announce that it has reached agreement with Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy for the permanent transfer of Robbie Keane," a statement on the Spurs website read.
    Negotiations between the two parties had been held up by MLS rules, which state that any franchise must have only three high-earning squad members, known as "designated players".
    Keane will join Beckham, Juan Pablo Angel and Landon Donovan, all three of whom have played in the Premier League, at the Galaxy - although Angel is believed to be negotiating a release.
    He revealed a chat with new team-mate Beckham was key to persuading him to move to the United States.
    "I am delighted, honoured and very excited to be joining the LA Galaxy," Keane told The Galaxy's website.
    "I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it's the perfect combination for me and a dream come true.
    "My family and I have already been made to feel very welcome in telephone calls from (Galaxy owner) Tim Leiweke and (manager) Bruce Arena.
    "Also when David Beckham came and trained at Spurs (in January) recently he couldn't speak highly enough about the Galaxy, their fans and the league in general, so I can't wait to get over and get started."
    Keane's departure brings to an end his second spell at White Hart Lane.
    The 31-year-old made 254 appearances for Spurs during his first stint between 2002 and 2008, during which time he scored 107 goals and quickly became a fan favourite.
    Keane played regularly under Harry Redknapp during his first season back but the arrival of Rafael Van der Vaart last summer reduced his first-team opportunities and he was shipped out on loan to West Ham, where he failed to make an impact.
    But the former Inter Milan striker, who is joining his ninth club, is confident he will be good enough to score goals in the MLS and is looking forward to the challenge.
    "I have already discussed football with Bruce Arena and I know exactly what he wants from me," Keane added. "I am fit, fresh and ready to go. I've come here to score goals and help this team achieve their goals.
    "This is a massive opportunity for me in my career. I aim to grab it with both hands and hopefully help give the Galaxy fans what they want."
    Arena, whose side currently top the Western Conference of the MLS, added: "Robbie Keane will be a great addition to our club. I have followed his career and have always respected his ability as a competitor and a goalscorer.
    "I believe that he brings qualities in and around the penalty area that we have been lacking. Hopefully, he will be another piece of the puzzle in our quest for the Supporters' Shield and an MLS Cup championship as well as to advance to the next round of the CONCACAF Champions League."

Uploads

Gregg Wylde: Bolton target
    McCOIST WANTS WYLDE TO STAY

Manager Ally McCoist has urged Gregg Wylde to pledge his future to Rangers after they rejected a 400,000 bid from Bolton for the youngster.
    The 20-year-old winger is in the final year of his contract and has so far failed to agree a new deal.
    But Rangers have made it clear they have no interest in selling the highly-rated youngster, who came off the bench in Saturday's 2-0 win over Inverness.
    McCoist told the club's official website: "The bid from Bolton was not accepted and I don't want Gregg Wylde to go anywhere. He is a good young talent and we feel he has done very well.
    "We want him to sign on again with us and we want his progress to continue here at this football club.
    "I now have the opportunity to say any further bids we receive for Gregg will not be welcomed either."
    Rangers have sanctioned the sale of Madjid Bougherra to Qatar side Lekhwiya but McCoist is now keen to focus on adding to his squad, rather than see it depleted further.
    He added: "We had a situation recently with Madjid Bougherra where he made it clear he wanted to leave the club.
    "Those circumstances were different and to a certain degree, things were taken out of our hands there.
    "With Madjid now gone, we are focused more on getting players in rather than getting more players out.
    "I'm hopeful with Gregg's case that a resolution can be reached and that we can get to a conclusion we are all happy with.
    "This is probably as good a time as ever for a young player to be coming through the ranks at Ibrox and that's the situation for Gregg too, so we hope he signs with us again."
    Meanwhile, Rangers were last night expected to lodge an appeal against Steven Whittaker's three-match European ban ahead of the midnight deadline.
    The club plans to fight what they feel is excessive punishment for the red card the full-back picked up in the Champions League qualifier against Malmo.
    McCoist said: "We're definitely appealing as I think the length of ban is very harsh indeed."
    Whittaker was dismissed after just 18 minutes of the second leg in Sweden for throwing the ball at opponent Jimmy Durmaz, as Rangers were held to a 1-1 draw on the night and crashed out of the competition with a 2-1 aggregate defeat.
    A broken toe means Whittaker has not played since his sending off and he would have been unlikely to feature in Thursday's Europa League play-off against Maribor in any case, regardless of an automatic one-match suspension.
    However, his ban is also set to extend to the second leg at Ibrox and the first match of the group stages, should the Light Blues overcome the Slovenians.
    McCoist had no complaints about the red card but felt the subsequent punishment was too severe.
    He added: "We've no problems about the sending off and we've spoken about that.
    "It was a mistake and a gross error of judgement.
    "With that said, the boy went down holding his face when the ball never hit him there and he made a lot of what happened.
    "Steven was rightly punished for what he did but we feel banning him for that length of time is too much."

Uploads

Yohan Benalouane: Linked with Rangers
    BENALOUANE WELCOMES GERS LINK

Cesena defender Yohan Benalouane has welcomed reports linking him with a move to Rangers.
    After the Scottish champions offloaded Madjid Bougherra to Qatari club Lekhiwa, they are in the market for a new centre-half, with Tunisia international Benalouane rumoured to be interesting them.
    The 24-year-old said he was flattered by the speculation and hinted that he would be prepared to swap life in Serie A for a move to Scotland.
    "I am very honoured by the interest from Glasgow Rangers," Benalouane told skysports.com.
    "But it is only rumour at the moment and there has been nothing concrete. But it is an honour to be talked about.
    "Bougherra was a great player for them and was a great advert for North African players. He is a great leader."

Uploads

Keogh: Rejoins Leeds on loan
    KEOGH MAKES LEEDS LOAN MOVE

Leeds have re-signed Republic of Ireland striker Andy Keogh on loan from Wolves until January.
    The move for the 25-year-old Irishman, who began his career at Elland Road as a trainee, could be made permanent at the turn of the year.
    Boss Simon Grayson told the club's official website: "Andy will strengthen our striking options. He's got plenty of experience, having played a lot at this level and in the Premier League.
    "He's also returning to the club where he started his career so he knows what it's like here and understands the place."
    Keogh failed to make a senior appearance during his time at Leeds and joined Scunthorpe for 50,000 early in 2005 following an initial loan spell.
    He scored 23 goals in 96 appearances for the Iron before joining Wolves for 600,000 in January 2007. He spent the first half of last season on loan at Cardiff and the second half at Bristol City.

Uploads

Cesc Fabregas: Has returned to Barcelona
    FABREGAS FEE 'REDUCED' - WENGER

Arsene Wenger has revealed Arsenal could have got more money for Cesc Fabregas but decided to grant the midfielder's wish to return to Barcelona.
    The long-running transfer saga finally reached its conclusion on Monday when Fabregas sealed a move back to the Nou Camp after eight years in London.
    Wenger had previously resisted Barca's attempts to sign Fabregas as Arsenal held firm on a 40million valuation.
    But it is reported that the final deal was only worth around 35million, with Arsenal believed to be getting paid 25m up front followed by a possible extra 4.3million depending on Barca's success.
    Arsenal will then receive almost 1million for each year of Fabregas' five-year contract, while they have also apparently secured a 'buy-back' option and a 50 per cent sell-on clause if Barca ever decide to move him on.
    Wenger maintains that it is a good deal for Arsenal but admits they could have generated even more cash by starting a bidding war.
    However, Wenger was prepared to let Fabregas rejoin the club where he started his career as a schoolboy.
    "We sold Cesc for a reduced fee," said the Arsenal manager.
    "If Cesc is for sale and you can make an auction between Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City, you will certainly get more money, but he just wanted to go to Barcelona.
    "If he was on the market to any club we would have got more money, but we did want to get a decent fee.
    "That's what I'm paid for. You cannot say because you want to get the deal done as quickly as possible: 'Just take him and give us what you want'.
    "You have to fight for your rights. What is good is that you call multi-million pound players 'cheap'."
    Wenger believes there is a possibility that Fabregas will return to the Emirates Stadium at some point in the distant future.
    He said: "Cesc went because he was desperate to play for his hometown club, where he was educated.
    "Maybe he will come back one day to the club, you never know."

Uploads

Bellamy: Too expensive for Celtic on his current wages
    BHOYS WON'T BREAK BANK FOR BELLAMY

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell says Craig Bellamy will only sign on loan if he agrees to take a pay cut and Manchester City help out with the wages.
    The Welsh striker does not figure in the plans of City manager Roberto Mancini and Celtic boss Neil Lennon is interested in signing him.
    Lennon admitted over the weekend it could be a deal that is not sorted out one way or the other until the final day of the transfer window, but Lawwell says they would not be able to afford his current wages.
    He is not ruling out a loan swoop, though, insisting an agreement might be reached with Bellamy and City's help.
    "We've gone for high-profile loan signings in the past few years but some of them have been opportunistic," Lawwell said in the Daily Record.
    "We have been in a position to do deals and sometimes the circumstances are right just as the transfer window is beginning to close. But as things stand at the moment we wouldn't be able to do a deal with Craig Bellamy.
    "I know Neil would love to have him at the club - we all would - but we cannot pay salaries of 70,000-80,000. It's that simple and I think our fans understand that.
    "Having said that, if Craig were to take a view that he wants to play football at a huge club where he enjoyed himself in the past, and he was willing to take a pay cut then, who knows?
    "Manchester City would also have to take a view that it would be in their interests to pay a portion of his wages as well."
    Lawwell also expressed his satisfaction with Celtic's latest financial figures, after it was revealed they had slashed their debt by 8.5million in the last six months to just over 500,000.
    Lawwell added: "We're delighted with how we've managed to reduce the bank debt.
    "We've been helped in that respect by players leaving but we have also made 10.3million available for the manager so overall they really are a very decent set of results."

Uploads

Alejandro Bedoya: Pre-contract deal signed
    GERS STILL SHORT OF BEDOYA DEAL

Doubt has been cast over Rangers' imminent move for American midfielder Alejandro Bedoya by his current club Orebro.
    Bedoya has already signed a pre-contract agreement with the Ibrox side to join in January but boss Ally McCoist was keen to get a deal signed ahead of Wednesday's Europa League deadline.
    However Orebro's director of transfers, former Dundee United player Magnus Skoldmark, says there is still a lot of work to be done to finalise the deal.
    "Talks are still being held but there is no agreement yet. I would have to say right now the whole deal is touch and go," Skoldmark said.
    "I can't say much more but it's hard for us to understand what Rangers are doing here. If you run a 100 metre race you don't give up after 80 metres do you?
    "There is only a small difference involved but I can't say what will happen. It might happen tonight, it might happen tomorrow or it might not happen at all the way things are going."

Uploads

Carlton Cole: Committed to the West Ham cause
    CARLTON COLE REITERATES COMMITMENT

Carlton Cole has reiterated he remains committed to West Ham after seeing the club claim their first win of the season.
    Sam Allardyce's side beat Doncaster on Saturday, with Cole coming off the bench in the 1-0 success at the Keepmoat Stadium.
    The England international's future at Upton Park has been subject to speculation this summer, with a proposed move to Stoke falling through in July, while Allardyce has reshaped his squad with a flurry of signings.
    But Cole insists he remains as committed to West Ham as ever and believes the competition for places can only be a good thing as the Hammers attempt to bounce back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.
    The striker told the Daily Mirror: "I am committed to West Ham - I always want to do well for the club because they gave me an opportunity when things were not going so well for me in my career, and I'll never forget that.
    "I am comfortable where I am, but obviously the manager has brought in some very good players. There is real competition for places now, and hopefully he will get the best out of me.
    "We have good quality up front, good players to support us from midfield and a good defence - now it is up to our strikers to shine. I am happy [with] who the manager has brought in to give us a kick up the backside.
    "A few of the lads came in a bit disappointed about the way we won at Doncaster, but it was important to put three points on the board and any away win is valuable in this division. We hadn't had one for ages so we were really pleased with the result."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast