Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 17-08-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 17-08-11

Latest Transfer Update at 17-08-11

Sneijder: Continues to be linked with a move
    INTER STAND FIRM OVER SNEIJDER

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti remains adamant Wesley Sneijder will not be going anywhere this summer.
    The Dutchman has been heavily linked with a switch to Manchester United and claimed last week that 'unofficial' talks had taken place with the Premier League champions.
    Sir Alex Ferguson had previously tried to dismiss the speculation, while he has also made it clear he has faith in United's young players and is not planning to make further additions to the squad.
    Moratti maintains there is no chance of Sneijder leaving Inter before the transfer window closes at the end of the month as he is regarded as too important a player to let go.
    Inter have always been determined to keep hold of the midfielder and the fact Samuel Eto'o looks set to leave has only strengthened their resolve.
    "Sneijder away? For Wes there has never been any sort of negotiation," Moratti told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
    "If Eto'o leaves, he remains. Sneijder was untouchable even before this hypothesis, now it is even more so. Sneijder will remain."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 17-08-11

Samir Nasri: Doesn't have Facebook account
    NASRI: IGNORE FAKE FACEBOOK ACCOUNT

Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri has revealed he did not write disparaging comments about his possible departure from the club on Facebook.
    Nasri, who is expected to leave for Manchester City before the end of the transfer window, was reported to have written on the social networking site that he would soon leave Arsenal with "anger and bitterness".
    The France international has, however, used his official Twitter page to reveal he does not have a Facebook account.
    "Just to make things clear i dont have a facebook so i never said i was leaving with bitterness the guy who said that use a fake account," he wrote.
    Nasri was critical of Arsenal fans on Twitter two days ago when he branded some sections of the supporters "disrespectful" after they sang chants about his potential move during the Gunners' 0-0 draw at Newcastle on Saturday.
    "I heard what the fans were singing about me on saturday and it is really disrespectful because i'm still a arsenal player," he wrote.

Uploads

Niko Kranjcar: Looks set to join Sunderland
    KRANJCAR LOOKS SET FOR SUNDERLAND

Niko Kranjcar's agent claims the Tottenham midfielder is close to joining their Barclays Premier League rivals Sunderland.
    The Croatia international is on the periphery at White Hart Lane and started just two games in the league for Spurs last season.
    Sunderland boss Steve Bruce acknowledged his interest in Kranjcar last week, despite making 10 signings already this summer.
    He could now bring in Kranjcar on either a loan or permanent deal, with the player's representative Adrian Aljai feeling the move is the best solution for the 27-year-old.
    "We are about to close a deal with Sunderland," Aljai was quoted by the Daily Express.
    "I believe that is the best solution for Niko."
    Kranjcar joined Tottenham from Portsmouth two years ago and scored Spurs' winner away to Sunderland last season.

Uploads

El Hamdaoui: Out of favour at Ajax
    JOL WEIGHS UP EL HAMDAOUI BID

Fulham manager Martin Jol is considering a bid to sign Ajax striker Mounir El Hamdaoui for the third time in his career.
    Jol is looking to bolster his attacking options at Craven Cottage as the Dutchman wants to ensure he has adequate back-up for Bobby Zamora.
    He has been linked with a swoop for El Hamdaoui, who has fallen out of favour at Ajax under current coach Frank de Boer.
    El Hamdaoui joined Ajax on a four-year contract from AZ Alkmaar last summer when Jol was in charge and he has also attracted the interest of PSV Eindhoven.
    The 27-year-old was also signed by Jol for Tottenham six years ago, although he failed to make an impact at White Hart Lane.
    He could now be offered another stab at the Premier League after Jol acknowledged his interest in El Hamdaoui.
    "It's not unthinkable for me to sign Mounir," Jol told Dutch magazine NU Sport.
    "He is incredibly honest and amazingly direct. He could be a pleasant surprise."

Uploads

Bocanegra: Rangers target not for sale
    RANGERS WARNED OFF BOCANEGRA

St Etienne have warned Rangers off making a move for defender Carlos Bocanegra.
    Rangers boss Ally McCoist is believed to have targeted the former Fulham man as he seeks a replacement for Madjid Bougherra.
    McCoist is determined to bring in a new defender after seeing his options decimated by a spate of injuries and was hoping to land Bocanegra before the Europa League deadline so that he could face Maribor on Thursday night
    However, St Etienne coach Christophe Galtier is keen to keep hold of America international Bocanegra and has no plans to sell the 32-year-old.
    "Rangers may want Carlos but we don't want to sell him," Galtier is quoted as saying in the Daily Record.
    "He's under contract to us so we decide whether or not to sell.
    "I don't want to sell him. He's an important member of my team and I want him to stay that way."

Uploads

Gardner: Looks set to join Crystal Palace
    PALACE CLOSE ON DOUBLE DEAL

Crystal Palace manager Dougie Freedman has confirmed he is hoping to complete the double signing of Antonio Pedroza and Anthony Gardner.
    Highly-rated Mexican striker Pedroza has been training with Palace after seeing a proposed move to Tottenham fall through earlier this summer.
    Pedroza, who was born in England, has most recently been playing for Jaguares in Mexico, but the 20-year-old is now close to securing a deal at Selhurst Park.
    Speaking after Tuesday's 2-1 win over Coventry City, Freedman said: "I'm hoping for good news tomorrow on Antonio, because of the situation with the Mexican club and communication through emails taking a little bit longer than it should have really, and because of the injury as well.
    "Hopefully tomorrow morning I will have fantastic news on that as well, for a very small fee."
    Freedman is also set to finalise a deal to sign experienced defender Gardner, who enjoyed a loan spell at Palace from Hull last season.
    He is available on a free transfer and, after a move to Birmingham stalled, Gardner is now expected to sign for Palace.
    "Anthony Gardner will hopefully sign for us in the morning as well," added Freedman.
    "That's 90% done. I have been patient because I understand that Anthony is the right character and right player to come in and helps us defensively."

Uploads

Brown: Hoping to sign a striker
    ABERDEEN STEP UP STRIKER SEARCH

Craig Brown admits trialist Mohamed Chalali is looking 'promising' as the Aberdeen boss tries to sign a striker before Saturday's game against Inverness Caledonian Thistle.
    Aberdeen have failed to score in their opening four matches of the new Scottish Premier League season and Brown is anxious to address the deficiencies in front of goal.
    He currently has Algeria Under-23 international Chalali and former Blackburn forward Maceo Rigters on trial as he looks to kick-start the Dons' season.
    "Chalali was recommended to us by a contact in Spain," said Brown in the Daily Record.
    "The lad, who is just 22, has a good pedigree and scored eight goals in eight games at Under 23 level for Algeria.
    "Panionios have severe financial problems and released him to save a wage. He's here for a few days and we'll have a look at him but he seems promising.
    "Maceo Ritgers is still here but we have had to work hard on his fitness to enable him to show his true potential.
    "We are working hard to strengthen the attack, we aren't sitting on our backsides doing nothing about the situation.
    "The need to add to the strike-force has become urgent and I'm hopeful we will be able to do something before Saturday's game."

Uploads

TYTON JOINS PSV ON LOAN

PSV Eindhoven have signed Roda JC goalkeeper Przemyslaw Tyton on loan for the rest of the season.
    The 24-year-old completed the move to the Philips Stadion on Tuesday night, with PSV having the option to make the deal permanent at the end of the campaign.
    Tyton joined Roda in 2007 and made 46 Eredivisie appearances for the club.
    Although Roda technical director Gerard Wielaert is unhappy with the timing of Tyton's departure, he is confident they will quickly find a replacement for the Polish goalkeeper.
    "Discussions between the two clubs over Tyton date back to late April, but only became concrete last week," he said on the club's official website.
    "Now we have reached an agreement.
    "To lose a player like Tyton is never good but right now, having played two league games already, it's very inconvenient.
    "This transfer will improve Roda's financial position though, and it goes without saying we will bring in a replacement.
    "We have obviously been working on this for some time and I'm sure we can present a new goalkeeper in the near future."

Uploads

Emmanuel Adebayor: Tottenham target
    REDKNAPP CONFIRMS ADEBAYOR TALKS

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has confirmed the club are in talks with Manchester City over a move for Emmanuel Adebayor.
    Adebayor fell out with City boss Roberto Mancini last season and the Italian has made it clear the 25million striker has no future at the club.
    Spurs and City have been in negotiations for some time over a possible deal, with Adebayor's reported 170,000 a week wage packet proving to be the only real stumbling block.
    Redknapp hopes to seal a move for the striker soon, saying: "The chairman is talking to Man City about the player but where they (the negotiations) are at, I genuinely don't know."
    Adebayor spent the second half of last season on loan at Real Madrid, where he scored twice against Tottenham in the Champions League quarter-final first leg clash between the two teams at the Bernabeu.
    During that match Spurs fans chanted abusive songs at the former Arsenal marksman, but the player himself said this summer the songs would not put him off signing for Redknapp's team.

Uploads

Tevez: Unlikely to join Inter Milan
    MORATTI DOUBTS TEVEZ DEAL

Inter Milan appear resigned to losing Samuel Eto'o - but president Massimo Moratti does not expect to be able to sign Carlos Tevez as a replacement.
    Eto'o is on the verge of a move to Anzhi Makhachkala after the ambitious Russian outfit made an offer that Moratti admits was too good to resist.
    Inter's decision to cash in on Eto'o was also influenced by the impending financial fair play regulations, and Moratti will now have to focus on bringing in another striker before the transfer window closes.
    Tevez was thought to be on Inter's radar after announcing his desire to leave Manchester City, but Roberto Mancini stated on Friday there were no clubs interested in paying what would be a substantial transfer fee.
    Moratti accepts that a deal is unlikely, while he has also ruled out a swoop for Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi.
    Diego Forlan of Atletico Madrid and Napoli's Ezequiel Lavezzi are under consideration, but Moratti recognises it would take a special player to fill Eto'o's boots.
    He told La Gazzetta dello Sport: "Eto'o leaving? When and if it happens, I will miss him a lot. He is a very serious professional, a top player in the true sense of the word, who has managed to drag the team and especially in times of difficulty he has always been on the top level, being a great player.
    "He goes for the financial fair play and because when you get an offer like that it's hard to refuse it. The financial fair play is serious, not a joke: whoever doesn't respect the parameters will be out of European competitions.
    "Will Tevez be the replacement? I don't think we will get him.
    "Forlan? Lavezzi? These are the names on which we are working: we are watching, exploring, we'll see.
    "With (Napoli owner, Aurelio) De Laurentiis we spoke of Lavezzi, but it could just be a contact which finishes there.
    "Giuseppe Rossi? We never thought of him, we're looking for a player with different characteristics."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast