Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 20-08-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 20-08-11

Latest Transfer Update at 20-08-11

Parker: Still at West Ham
    ALLARYDCE: ENGLAND WANT PREMIER PARKER
    West Ham boss Sam Allardyce believes the England hierarchy have encouraged Scott Parker to leave the club in search of Barclays Premier League football.
    Parker has been linked with a transfer ever since the Hammers were sent down last season but despite being open to such a move, he has started the season under Allardyce in the npower Championship.
    Top-flight newcomers QPR have seen a 4million bid turned down for the 30-year-old midfielder and Allardyce believes both Parker and England could be better served by the player remaing at Upton Park.
    He told The Sun: "Scott has expressed an opinion that he wants to get back into the Premier League and play Premier League football. That's come from someone in the England camp telling him that's where he needs to be. I don't see the logic behind that.
    "Just because a player drops down a division, it doesn't mean he's turned into a bad player overnight and isn't good enough for England.
    "It could actually benefit England if Scott is playing at a club which is winning more games than when he was playing for West Ham at the bottom of the Premier League.
    "The England team shouldn't be picked on whichever players are in the Premier League when you've got a Premier League player playing in the Championship."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-08-11

Raul: Staying at Schalke
    AGENT: RAUL STAYING AT SCHALKE
    Raul's agent believes the former Spain striker will continue at Schalke this season.
    The 34-year-old, who arrived in Gelsenkirchen last summer from Real Madrid on a two-year contract, has been linked with a move away from the Bundesliga outfit with the likes of Paris St Germain and Besiktas reportedly interested.
    Blackburn also had an inquiry about the prolific forward rebuffed this week by Schalke, whose general manager Horst Heldt said Raul had told them he wanted to remain at the Veltins-Arena.
    Raul now looks set to stay in Germany, with his agent Gines Carvajal telling Spanish newspaper AS: "Raul will play for Schalke this season, I'm sure. There isn't any other alternative for him and neither does he want to leave, so it's best for everyone is to stop talking about this."
    He added: "There is no offer from Besiktas, nor from Paris St Germain. Last season we had many...from Besiktas and teams in America, Asia and Europe. But Raul chose the Bundesliga because he saw it as the best possible step in his career.
    "Teams like Besiktas and Galatasaray are very big. Raul has played many Champions League games in Turkey and he knows how passionate the fans are there, but right now he doesn't see it as a viable option."
    Carvajal also played down speculation of a strained relationship between Raul and new Schalke coach Ralf Rangnick, who replaced Felix Magath in March.
    "Everything has been greatly exaggerated. It's possible that he doesn't have the same chemistry with him as with Magath, who is the person who brought him at the start, but Raul only has respect for Rangnick," said Carvajal.

Uploads

Joel Campbell: Arsenal move
    JOEL CAMPBELL JOINS ARSENAL
    Arsenal have signed highly-rated Costa Rica forward Joel Campbell from Deportivo Saprissa.
    Campbell, 19, had been linked with a move to the Emirates for some time and has now completed his transfer after representing Costa Rica the the Under-20 World Cup in Colombia.
    Despite his age Campbell already has six full international caps and becomes Arsene Wenger's fourth summer signing following the acquisitions of young defender Carl Jenkinson, Lille forward Gervinho and Southampton starlet Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
    Campbell is not expected to feature for the Arsenal first team straightaway, but he told the club's official website he is looking forward to developing under Wenger's tutelage.
    He said: "It is a dream come true to play for such a big club in England and I want to do well for myself and Costa Rica.
    "I am ready, I am very happy to be here and I want to focus on doing well for Arsenal.
    "Arsene Wenger is a manager of immense quality. He knows how to use youngsters' ability. I have been watching Arsenal play since I was a kid and I took this decision because I know I have a possibility to become a better player here.
    "I'm good in one-on-ones and I am a player who knows how to score goals. I play forward and I can play on both sides.
    "I am going to learn a lot from the players here because they are experienced players who are very skilled."

Uploads

Ally McCoist: Looks to boost his squad
    ALLY McCOIST CONTINUES STRIKER SEARCH
    Rangers manager Ally McCoist will step up his search for a striker as he bids to strengthen his squad further before the end of the month.
    The Ibrox side's recruitment drive gathered pace this week when they signed American duo Alejandro Bedoya and Carlos Bocanegra, with the latter making his debut in Thursday night's Europa League tie against Maribor.
    But McCoist says there are still a number of players on his radar and he is determined to beat the transfer deadline and boost his numbers further.
    He said: "We are still looking and we will continue to look as long as the window is open.
    "There are three or four players we are looking at in forward positions and we will keep looking and keep searching away.
    "There is nothing concrete or immediate happening at the moment but that's not to say that we would be averse to bringing one or two other players in."
    However, one player who will not be making the switch to Rangers is Czech defender Marek Suchy.
    He was linked with a loan move from Spartak Moscow but McCoist has now dropped his interest following the capture of Bocanegra.
    He said: "We were interested in signing him but I'll be honest with you and say it has cooled now that we have got Carlos in.
    "We were interested but the signing of Carlos would put an end to that."
    Bocanegra made his Rangers bow in the play-off first leg following his move from St Etienne late on Wednesday night.
    The United States skipper had left his home near Lyon in the early hours of the morning and flown to Frankfurt then Graz before being driven to the team's base in Slovenia.
    And, despite suffering a 2-1 defeat on the night, McCoist had nothing but praise for his new signing.
    He said: "I spoke to him once on the phone, he told me he wanted to come, and then made unbelievable efforts to come.
    "It was just a complete and utter breath of fresh air and I thought 'he'll do for me'.
    "He was up again at 6am this morning to get a flight from Graz to Charles de Gaulle airport to try to get his visa and hopefully be involved in the game on Sunday.
    "That's the kind of attitude we would be looking for. It didn't surprise me. You do your homework on players and Carlos has struck me as someone who is always like that."
    Rangers must now pick themselves up ahead of Sunday's trip to Motherwell, with Maribor coach Darko Milanic claiming McCoist's decision to replace Steven Naismith - who had been cautioned - with Kyle Lafferty at half-time swung the match in his own side's favour.
    Reflecting on today's headlines, McCoist said: "You read one or two comments and hindsight is the best thing in the world.
    "But I certainly do not regret the decision to make the substitution because that had to be made. Without going into too much detail, believe me, it had to be made.
    "Whether it was the right man I put on, that's up for debate. As a manager, you will always get different opinions and I totally accept that.
    "We didn't put Kyle on to play in a straight 4-4-2, we wanted him to play a little bit deeper but it didn't work out that way.
    "Listen, if our midfield can't match up against their midfield, then I think we've got a problem. Last night in the second half we did have a problem and they definitely got the better of us in the second half."
    Meanwhile, McCoist declined to become embroiled in a "squabble" with the Bosnian federation after Rangers denied their claims that Sasa Papac is suffering from pneumonia.
    He said: "Not being a medical man, all I can say is that from the conversation I had with him yesterday he was feeling a lot better and that's the most important thing.
    "The squabble about how ill he is doesn't really concern me that much. The important thing is that he's a lot better."

Uploads

Rob Elliot: Newcastle bid rejected
    NEWCASTLE REPORTED BY CHARLTON
    Charlton have reported Newcastle to the Premier League after rejecting their offer for goalkeeper Rob Elliot.
    The npower League One club turned down a formal bid of 100,000 on Wednesday, but claim Magpies boss Alan Pardew has broken an agreement not to make details of the approach public.
    Chief executive Stephen Kavanagh told the club's official website: "In advance of our match against Scunthorpe, it is very disappointing that Alan Pardew has decided to make public an offer for Robbie Elliot despite assurances to the contrary that wouldn't happen from his club officials.
    "Newcastle made a written offer of 100,000 for Robbie on Wednesday, and made it clear that it was their final and best offer.
    "The offer was rejected within minutes, and Newcastle then confirmed they no longer had an interest in the player.
    "We have contacted the Premier League today to register our concern at public statements being made by Newcastle after they withdrew their interest."
    News of Newcastle's interest in Elliot surfaced late on Wednesday night as Fraser Forster completed his loan move from St James' Park to Celtic.
    Asked about the situation at a press conference on Thursday afternoon, former Charlton manager Pardew replied: "We have confirmed that Fraser is going to Celtic on loan for the year, and that leaves us with an issue that we need another goalie, really, so we are looking at options to possibly bring one in."
    However, when later questioned further by radio reporters, he replied: "Once (a deal for) Fraser was completed, we started looking for another goalie.
    "We have enquired about Rob Elliot and we have put a bid in there."
    The Premier League confirmed on Friday night that Charlton have raised the matter with them.

Uploads

Leon Clarke: Linked with Swindon
    LEON CLARKE LEAVES QPR
    QPR have terminated the contract of Leon Clarke by mutual consent as he prepares to complete a move to Swindon.
    The striker, who joined from Sheffield Wednesday last year, played 15 games in all competitions for the London club.
    Paolo Di Canio has insisted he is quietly confident of tying up a deal for Clarke, with whom the League Two club had already held positive talks and were just waiting on QPR.
    It had remained unclear as to whether Clarke's switch would be a loan or a longer contract, but with his agreement at Loftus Road now having been cancelled it appears a permanent switch is in the pipeline.

Uploads

Cornell: Hereford loan move
    BULLS SIGN SWANSEA GOALKEEPER
    Hereford boss Jamie Pitman has signed Swansea goalkeeper David Cornell on a month-long loan deal.
    Cornell, a Wales Under-21 international, has progressed through the youth ranks at the Liberty Stadium.
    United's number one Adam Bartlett has been ruled out for the short-term with a thigh strain, an injury which forced assistant manager and registered keeper Russell Hoult to take his place between the sticks in midweek.

Uploads

Didier Deschamps: Says Wenger wants Gonzalez
    DESCHAMPS - WENGER WANTS GONZALEZ

Marseille coach Didier Deschamps has claimed Arsenal have expressed a firm interest in Argentina playmaker Lucho Gonzalez.
    Following rumours of the Gunners' interest, Deschamps confirmed he had been approached by his countryman Arsene Wenger about the 30-year-old South American but insists the interest has been rebuffed.
    "I talked to him and the one that really interests them is Lucho Gonzalez," Deschamps reportedly said at a press conference.
    "Arsene Wenger believes that he is a great player who could be useful to his team even though he does not fit in with his recruitment policy (due to his age).
    "He wanted him on loan but it was not acceptable to us, there are no negotiations."

Uploads

Andre Ayew: Linked with Arsenal
    NO ARSENAL BID FOR ANDRE AYEW
    Marseille coach Didier Deschamps insists there has been no approach from Arsenal for Ghana international Andre Ayew.
    The 21-year-old has been linked with a summer move to the Emirates Stadium as Gunners boss Arsene Wenger looks to boost his squad.
    Wenger has already lost Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona and Samir Nasri is wanted by Manchester City.
    Ayew has been mooted as an option for the Premier League club, but Deschamps says there has been no dialogue this summer.
    "Ayew is under contract (until 2014)," said Deschamps. "There are no talks.
    "When a club like Arsenal wants to sign a player, they take steps. In this case, there was no step.
    "We can't prevent anything, but it is likely our group will remain the same as it is now."
    Deschamps also revealed on Friday that Arsenal had asked to Marseille midfielder Lucho Gonzalez on loan, but the offer was rejected.

Uploads

Alex: Aware of interest from Juventus
    ALEX EYES JUVENTUS SWITCH
    Chelsea defender Alex has admitted he would be interested in joining Juventus, but only on a permanent basis as he doubts whether a loan deal could be agreed.
    John Terry and David Luiz are set to form Chelsea's first-choice centre-back partnership this season, fuelling speculation that Alex could be allowed to leave.
    The Brazilian defender has been linked with a loan move to Juve, but he would prefer to sign a long-term contract with the Italians.
    Alex has told his agent that he would be excited about such a transfer and is now waiting to see if the two clubs can sort out something.
    "I am aware of Juventus' interest, but I think they want to sign me on loan and this would not be a real alternative for me or Chelsea," he told Sky Sport Italia.
    "My agent has been contacted by Juventus, I am 29 years old and it would be a great opportunity. I would love to play in Italy and I hope I can realise this dream before I retire.
    "When I talked to my agent, I told him that Juve would be a real opportunity for me.
    "Now, though, it all depends on Juve, who must come to an agreement with Chelsea. It is unlikely the club will accept a loan move."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast