Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 22-08-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 22-08-11

Latest Transfer Update at 22-08-11

Berbatov: Staying at Man Utd despite interest from Paris St Germain
    PSG WARNED OFF DIMITAR BERBATOV

Paris St Germain sporting director Leonardo claims Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has told them Dimitar Berbatov is not for sale.
    Big-spending PSG have made an enquiry to land the Bulgarian as they look to continue reshaping their squad at the Parc Des Princes.
    Berbatov's future at United has been the subject of speculation for some time after he slipped out of Ferguson's first-team plans towards the end of last term.
    The former Spurs hit-man found himself playing second fiddle to Wayne Rooney and Javier Hernandez at the back end of last season and has seen Danny Welbeck promoted ahead of him to the starting XI this campaign.
    It had been suggested United would be prepared to let Berbatov move on with the player entering the final 12 months of his contract at Old Trafford.
    However, Leonardo claims Ferguson has warned ambitious PSG off a move for Berbatov before the close of the transfer window as he remains part of his plans at United.
    "I had Ferguson on the phone but he told me that he was counting on Berbatov and that he was not for sale," Leonardo told France Football after Sunday's 2-1 win over Valenciennes.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 22-08-11

Pieters: Would be keen on a move to the Premier League
    PIETERS WAITS ON MAGPIES BID

PSV Eindhoven full-back Erik Pieters admits he is still waiting to discover whether he will be joining Newcastle United before the close of the transfer window.
    Pieters has been heavily linked with a move to St James' Park as a replacement for Jose Enrique after the Spaniard was sold to Liverpool.
    Magpies boss Alan Pardew watched the 23-year-old in action for PSV against ADO Den Haag on Sunday and is pondering a 6million bid.
    The Dutch club have previously suggested they would not be able to stand in Pieters' way if the Holland international is offered a move to the Premier League.
    Pieters has confirmed he would be keen to play in England, but is waiting to hear from his agent regarding the prospects of a move.
    "The Premier League is a very good league to play in," Pieters told reporters after the victory over Den Haag.
    "I'm open to this step, it seems a great challenge. But if it fails, I am not disappointed.
    "My agent must report to me when it is really concrete. I have not heard yet, so I wait."

Uploads

Mata: Set for Chelsea talks.
    CHELSEA AGREE JUAN MATA DEAL

Chelsea and Valencia have confirmed they have reached "an agreement in principle" for Juan Mata to join the west London club.
    Neither club has disclosed the fee for the 23-year-old but both confirmed the transfer was subject to the player passing the relevant medical tests.
    Chelsea's statement read: "An agreement has been reached with Valencia CF for the transfer to Chelsea of midfielder Juan Manuel Mata.
    "The move is now subject to the player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms."
    Valencia's statement was almost identical in wording.
    New Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas has identified a lack of creativity in midfield as one area which requires improvement before the transfer window closes and will no doubt hope the Spain international can provide some nous to an ageing squad.
    Chelsea are not the only English club reported to have shown an interest in Mata with north London rivals Arsenal and Spurs linked with a player who has flourished at the Mestalla after failing to make the breakthrough at Real Madrid.
    Mata joined Valencia from Madrid in 2007 and has emerged as one of their most important players, his form earning him a regular place in the Spain squad.
    He was a part of the party which won the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and was also a key man this summer as Spain won the Under-21 European Championship in Denmark.

Uploads

Makoun: Could be leaving Villa Park
    McLEISH MAY LET MAKOUN MOVE

Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish has hinted he could be prepared to offload midfielder Jean Makoun.
    Greek giants Olympiakos have been linked with a loan move for the Cameroon international before the close of the window.
    Makoun, who joined Villa last January from Lyon, after being brought in by Gerard Houllier does not appear to figure in McLeish's long-term plans.
    The 28-year-old has been an unused substitute in Villa's opening two Premier League games and has made just seven appearances since arriving at Villa Park.
    Asked about Makoun possibly leaving Villa, McLeish admitted: "It's possible but we wouldn't let anybody go unless somebody came in."

Uploads

Mancini: Wants to sign Nasri
    MANCINI AIMS TO CONCLUDE NASRI DEAL

Roberto Mancini remains hopeful of tying up a deal for Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri in the next two days but admits it would be a "big problem" if the Frenchman played for the Gunners in their Champions League clash with Udinese on Wednesday.
    Manchester City have been chasing Nasri for much of the summer but the proposed deal is still up in the air and the midfielder made his first appearance of the season in Arsenal's 2-0 Barclays Premier League defeat by Liverpool on Saturday.
    Were Gunners boss Arsene Wenger to select Nasri for their Champions League qualifier in Udine, he would then be unavailable for City throughout the group stages.
    After the 3-2 win over Bolton that put City top of the fledgling Premier League table, Mancini expressed his frustration that the deal has not yet been finalised.
    The Italian said: "For 40 days I've hoped in two days, three days (it would be done), I don't know why we haven't closed it.
    "It's a big problem (if he plays for Arsenal against Udinese) but I'm sure we can close in 24 hours, maybe 48. For Nasri it will be important he can play in all the Champions League matches."
    Wenger had previously claimed that Nasri is happy at Arsenal and that any deal for his possible departure is a long way from completion.
    "He is happy here. There is no departure of Nasri at the moment," Wenger told French media outlet TF1.
    "Maybe one day, but it's far, far, far from being done."
    On Sunday, City showed why they are expected to be title challengers with an impressive display against Bolton, albeit without ever putting the game to bed.
    Goals from David Silva, Gareth Barry and Edin Dzeko were the least City deserved, but Ivan Klasnic and Kevin Davies kept Wanderers in contention until the end.
    Carlos Tevez was a second-half substitute for City, making his first appearance of the campaign after a close season in which he made clear his desire to leave the club to be nearer to his family in South America.
    A proposed switch to Corinthians fell through and Mancini does not expect Tevez to leave before the end of August.
    He said: "Carlos is here, I don't think the situation will change. Carlos is an important player, a top player for us and at the moment we haven't received any offers for him."
    Of his team's display, Mancini added: "I think we put in a good performance. We played very well. Bolton are a strong team and I think we deserved to win this game."

Uploads

Kuyt: Advised to think over offer from Inter Milan
    INTER MAKE DIRK KUYT OFFER - AGENT

Dirk Kuyt's agent claims Inter Milan have made an offer for the Liverpool forward.
    Inter are looking for striking reinforcements with Samuel Eto'o poised to join Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala and Kuyt is on their list of targets.
    The Italians have held a long-term interest in the Holland international and they tried to sign Kuyt last summer while former boss Rafa Benitez was still in charge at the San Siro.
    Kuyt's representative Rob Jansen admits the 31-year-old needs to think about the offer from Inter.
    "Inter Milan have made an attractive offer for Dirk and he has to think about it," Jansen told RTV West. "However, the two clubs have yet to agree a deal."
    It is unlikely Liverpool would be willing to sell Kuyt as he enjoyed a strong second half to last season and he was rewarded with a contract extension to keep him at Anfield until 2013.
    Kuyt was left out of Liverpool's starting line-up for the opening draw at home to Sunderland, but he returned to the first XI for the weekend win at Arsenal.

Uploads

Cole: QPR can now afford a greater percentage of Cole's wages
    WARNOCK CONSIDERS JOE COLE BID

Neil Warnock admits Queens Park Rangers can now afford to pay a larger portion of Joe Cole's wages as he plots his moves in the transfer market.
    Tony Fernandes' takeover at Loftus Road last week has given Warnock added funds to strengthen his squad before the transfer window closes.
    The QPR boss has up to a dozen targets and is hoping to bring in 'four or five' fresh faces to improve his options.
    Liverpool midfielder Cole is among the players to have been linked with the newly-promoted club after failing to make an impact since moving to Anfield last summer.
    Cole started just nine Premier League games last season and has not been involved in Kenny Dalglish's squad for the opening two fixtures of the current campaign.
    The England international's wages have previously been mooted as a stumbling block for any transfer away from Liverpool and Warnock refused to be drawn on whether he would bid for the 29-year-old.
    However, Warnock acknowledged the injection of funds by Fernandes has given him a stronger hand to play in the transfer market over the coming days.
    "We will not just spend money for the sake of it," said Warnock. "We have to get quality players in to the club.
    "Joe Cole? We can probably afford 30 or 40 per cent of his wages now. The chairman knows all my targets and we are discussing them.
    "This man coming in, Tony Fernandes, is a dream come true. You do not often get the opportunity to look at players I have only dreamed about. I am in Utopia."

Uploads

Kaka: Wants to carry on at the Santiago Bernabeu
    KAKA EYES MADRID STAY

Real Madrid midfielder Kaka says that he is not planning to leave the Santiago Bernabeu during this transfer window.
    The Brazil international has been a subject of transfer speculation since last summer following a disappointing debut campaign in Spain's Primera Division for Madrid in 2009/10.
    The 29-year-old spent much of last season sidelined with injury and there have been reports linking him with moves to his former club AC Milan as well as to Inter Milan.
    In recent days French big spenders Paris St Germain have been reported to be interested in the former Sao Paulo star.
    However, Kaka has continuously insisted that he wants to carry on playing for Los Blancos and has once again stated his desire to gain coach Jose Mourinho's trust and win back his place in the first team.
    "My plan is to remain with Real Madrid and to obtain the confidence of the coach," he told Spanish sports daily Marca.
    Kaka's current contract with the former Spanish and European champions runs until the summer of 2015.

Uploads

Doyle: Celebrating his goal against Wolves
    KEVIN DOYLE SCOTCHES TRANSFER TALK

Kevin Doyle has played down rumours of a transfer away from Wolves after they maintained their 100 per cent start to the campaign.
    The Republic of Ireland international striker has been linked with a 10million move to Liverpool as well as being a reported target for Arsenal.
    Arsene Wenger is rumoured to be a fan of Doyle, while Juventus, one of Italy's most illustrious clubs, are said to have a long-standing admiration.
    But, after scoring in Wolves' 2-0 win over Fulham on Sunday, Doyle was quick to laugh off talk that he could be leaving Molineux.
    "It didn't put me off at all - it was funny. It was better being linked with those teams, I suppose," he told the Express and Star.
    "I will just get on with things. The manager and the lads have a laugh at me."
    Mick McCarthy, the Wolves manager, was typically forthright in his assessment of the way strikers Steven Fletcher and Doyle dovetailed during the game.
    "It was an awesome performance from Doyle. Him and Steven Fletcher were the epitome of the team," he said.
    "They led from the front and worked the defence really hard. And Doyle deserved his goal from a fabulous performance.
    "He carved the first opening for himself and a couple of the lads might have been complaining he didn't lay it off, but I thought he was right to have the shot.
    "I think he was just knackered and off balance at the end and put it over the bar. But his goal was terrific."

Uploads

Eto'o: Close to Russian move.
    ETO'O CLOSE TO ANZHI MOVE - AGENT

The transfer of Samuel Eto'o to Anzhi Makhachkala could be completed in the next 24 hours, according to the player's agent.
    The Inter Milan forward is set to join Anzhi on a permanent transfer after two seasons with the Italian giants.
    "Anzhi executives should arrive in Milan tonight or tomorrow morning," said Eto'o's agent Claudio Vigorelli to Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday. "They will meet with Inter.
    "They need to reach an agreement with Inter as they have already reached a deal with us (the player)."
    The Cameroon international will pen a three-year contract with the Russian outfit and will become the world's best-paid player, earning a reported 30million euros (26.2million) a year.
    "Eto'o is in Milan awaiting developments," said Vigorelli. "The deal is set to be completed and we shall see in the next few hours.
    "I don't foresee any hurdles."
    Eto'o scored 37 goals last season for Inter and was a key member of the Nerazzurri team that won the Serie A, Champions League and Coppa Italia treble in the 2009/10 campaign.
    The 30-year-old is under contract with Inter until June 2014.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast