Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 26-08-11

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 26-08-11

    Latest Transfer Update at 26-08-11

    Gill: Ruling out any more new signings
    MAN UNITED END SUMMER SHOPPING

    Manchester United chief executive David Gill has ruled out any late moves before the transfer window closes.
    A potential move for Inter Milan ace Wesley Sneijder refuses to go away with the Dutchman linked with a switch to Old Trafford all summer.
    However, Gill insists Sir Alex Ferguson is happy with the squad at his disposal and has no plans to bring in any new faces before Wednesday's transfer deadline.
    "I don't think there will be another arrival," said Gill.
    "We're very comfortable with that. We've looked at various players but we're comfortable with the squad.
    "We'll progress now and I'm sure Sir Alex will get the best out of them over the next few months.
    "We're very happy with the squad.
    "We've made some great additions and are well equipped for the months ahead."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-08-11

    Lennon: Pleaded for patience from fans
    NEIL LENNON CALLS FOR BACKING

    Neil Lennon has asked the Celtic fans to stick behind him after yet another European flop.
    The Parkhead side lost 3-1 in their Europa League play-off second-leg game against Swiss side Sion at Stade de Tourbillon on Thursday night to go out on the same aggregate scoreline.
    In his first European foray as permanent boss last season Lennon's side lost to Braga and Utrecht in their respective Champions League and Europa League qualifiers.
    The vast majority of Celtic fans, though, backed the Irishman for the remainder of the campaign even though rivals Rangers went on to win the Clydesdale Bank Premier League for the third time in a row.
    That bond will be put under strain after Thursday night's result but asked what he would say to fans who are questioning him, the former Celtic skipper replied: "Just stay with the team.
    "No-one is more disappointed than myself.
    "If there are some disenchanted supporters, we need to put in good performances on a domestic level and get them back on board as quickly as possible."
    After a goalless draw in Glasgow it immediately became an uphill battle when Daniel Majstorovic brought down Guilherme Afonso inside the box with less than a minute on the clock.
    After the big stopper had been sent off, Pascal Feindouno, who had a trial at Celtic but was too pricey for the Parkhead club, scored from the spot before adding a second after the break.
    Celtic defender Charlie Mulgrew pulled a goal back but any prospects of a comeback were scuppered when Giovanni Sio restored the two-goal lead.
    "Even when their second goal went in the players, more than anybody else, felt they were still in the tie," said Lennon.
    "We got the goal and we felt we were going to get the result we wanted but we shot ourselves in the foot for the third goal.
    "It is disappointing for me and disappointing for the players."
    Lennon is now banking on the possibility of a red tape reprieve.
    Sion have five players in their squad - Feindouno, Mario Mutsch and Gabri, Jose Goncalves and Billy Ketkeophomphone - who are, in the eyes of FIFA, ineligible to play in the competition.
    Sion's European squad, though, was approved by the Swiss FA who, along with the club, have reportedly been warned by UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino about possible sanctions.
    The Court of Arbitration for Sport, will rule on the issue next Tuesday.
    Asked if he would be comfortable about replacing Sion, Lennon replied: "Yes. We have sent in letters last week and handed one to the delegate.
    "There is a hearing on Tuesday and we will know the outcome after that.
    "But if clubs are breaking the rules then every club should break the rule."
    Sion coach Laurent Roussey was not for discussing the situation.
    He said: "I am the trainer. I work every day on the field, that's my job. We achieved our goal and that's it."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-08-11

    Erik Pieters: Set to join Newcastle
    AGENT: PIETERS WILL JOIN NEWCASTLE

    Defender Erik Pieters will leave PSV Eindhoven for Newcastle in the coming days, according to his agent Piet van der Pol.
    The Holland international has been linked with a move to St James' Park during this summer's transfer window and is earmarked to replace Jose Enrique, who left for Liverpool earlier this month.
    "Newcastle's interest is very serious and Erik finds the club a real challenge," Van der Pol told the Dutch media.
    "I don't know the exact numbers of Newcastle's offer, but I'm pretty sure that the transfer will go ahead."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-08-11

    Wylde: Signs five-year deal.
    WYLDE COMMITS TO RANGERS

    Gregg Wylde has ended speculation over his future by signing a new five-year deal with Rangers.
    The winger put pen to paper on the contract at Ibrox on Thursday night, ahead of the Scottish champions' Europa League play-off second leg against Maribor.
    The youngster had recently been the subject of a 400,000 bid from Bolton, which was rejected by Rangers.
    Wylde, 20, made the breakthrough into the first team last season under previous boss Walter Smith and made his first start of this term in Sunday's Clydesdale Bank Premier League clash at Motherwell.
    He capped that performance with his first goal for the club as Rangers ran out 3-0 winners to move top of the SPL.
    Wylde was again included in the starting line-up for tonight's visit of the Slovenians, with manager Ally McCoist saying on a number of occasions that he believes the young player has a big future at Ibrox.
    Speaking earlier this month after rejecting Bolton's offer, McCoist said: "The bid from Bolton was not accepted and I don't want Gregg Wylde to go anywhere.
    "He is a good young talent and we feel he has done very well. We want him to sign on again with us and we want his progress to continue here at this football club.
    "I now have the opportunity to say any further bids we receive for Gregg will not be welcomed either."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-08-11

    Robben: Open to Barca move
    ROBBEN OPEN TO BARCELONA SWITCH

    Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben has revealed he would be interested in joining European champions Barcelona.
    The Catalan giants have been linked with the Dutchman, although the 27-year-old insists no bid from the Nou Camp has been forthcoming.
    The former Real Madrid and Chelsea winger is aware the club wanted him in the past, but has heard nothing recently from Barca.
    Robben is more than happy at the Allianz Arena and does not want to worry himself about speculation regarding a possible move.
    "Barcelona are the only club where I would say: 'If they're interested, that would be a fantastic option'," he told Sport Bild.
    "Whether they have ever made an offer for me? No, not as far as I know.
    "There was something going on about three years ago, but they never made a bid. I'm not speculating about a summer transfer, though.
    "I'm feeling very well here and am happy at Bayern. Don't go writing that I want to join Barcelona, because that's not the case."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-08-11

    Brett Emerton: Joins Sydney
    BRETT EMERTON LEAVES BLACKBURN

    Brett Emerton is determined to end his Blackburn career with a victory as he prepares to pull on the blue and white shirt for the final time on Saturday.
    The 32-year-old Australian on Thursday confirmed he is ending his eight-year stay at Ewood Park to return to his native country after signing a three-year deal with Sydney FC.
    But he will first have a chance to say his goodbyes as Rovers entertain Everton this weekend looking to build upon their midweek Carling Cup victory over Sheffield Wednesday by belatedly opening their Barclays Premier League account for the season.
    Emerton told the club's official website, www.rovers.co.uk: "Obviously it is sad to be leaving the club after eight years.
    "It has been a fantastic eight years, I have enjoyed every minute of it and I'm sure it will be emotional after the game on Saturday.
    "But it is more important just to concentrate on the game and whether I play a part or not, to hopefully get three points and leave on a high.
    "For family reasons, we have decided that now is the right time for us to go back, and I'm really looking forward to going back and playing in the A-League and contributing something to football in Australia."
    Emerton, who joined Rovers in a 2.5million switch from Feyenoord during the summer of 2003, will leave a club which has undergone significant change in recent times.
    However, he believes the future is bright.
    He said: "It was always my dream to play in the Premier League, so to be at a club like Blackburn Rovers was a dream of mine fulfilled.
    "To spend eight years here, and all of them in the Premier League, is something special.
    "It has been great to be here for so long. I think of myself as a loyal person, and I have shown my loyalty to the club and they have repaid me by granting me my wish to go back to Australia and I really thank them for that.
    "I'm really looking forward to the challenges that lie ahead.
    "I think there are exciting times at Ewood Park at the moment. We have got some good young talented players and from what I hear, there will be a few more entering the frame.
    "People just need to be patient and give the players and the coaching staff an opportunity to show what they are capable of, and I'm sure at some stage it will just all gel together and you will see this football club on the up."
    Meanwhile, Rovers boss Steve Kean has warned Carling Cup hero Ruben Rochina he will need to toughen up if he is to make it in the Premier League.
    The 20-year-old Spaniard was handed a rare start in Wednesday night's 3-1 second round victory over the Owls, and rewarded his manger with a double, his first goals for the club.
    Kean was delighted with the youngster's contribution, but equally pleased that he had been exposed to the more physical side of the English game too.
    The manager said: "Ruben got smashed in the second half and I was quite happy about that.
    "He's going to get a few of them in our league and he's got to learn when he can do his stuff in the final third and when he has to move it on.
    "Overall Ruben has been exceptional and I think even when he wasn't pressing, his attitude to go and get the ball back was really, really good.
    "I see Ruben every day in training and I know what kind of a talent he is."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-08-11

    Tony Pulis: Looking to boost Stoke's squad
    PULIS WON'T BREAK THE BANK

    Tony Pulis admits Stoke have money to spend and plan on dipping into the market, but insists he will not tweak the club's transfer policy.
    The Potters have a rigid set of rules in place when it comes to acquisitions, with a wage limit set to ensure that the club do not live beyond their means.
    Pulis is prepared to accept that and insists he will continue to work within the confines of a budget that he has helped to set.
    He hopes that he will have enough cash at his disposal to bring fresh faces into the Britannia Stadium before the transfer window slams shut, but is adamant that he will not be rushing into anything.
    Pulis told The Sentinel: "We have not spent any money yet, we have brought in two free transfers (Jonathan Woodgate and Matthew Upson).
    "So there is money to spend and we will be doing our damndest to spend it.
    "But it has to be right for the club. We have a wage structure we want to keep to.
    "Yes, we miss out on deals, and we have to be big enough to accept that.
    "If supporters get a little bit disappointed then so be it. It won't be the first time we have missed out on deals because we have said no.
    "We want to make sure we try to keep our structure as much as we possibly can. I know other clubs do that successfully."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-08-11

    Vedad Ibisevic: Blackburn talks
    BLACKBURN IN IBISEVIC TALKS

    Blackburn have been officially allowed to talk to Hoffenheim striker Vedad Ibisevic.
    The German club have confirmed that the Bosnia international is in negotiations with Rovers over a potential switch to Ewood Park this summer but insist that a transfer fee has yet to be agreed upon.
    "Blackburn Rovers are keen on Vedad Ibisevic, the chances to see him move are fifty-fifty," Hoffenheim general manager Ernst Tanner told reporters.
    "We have still to agree a transfer fee, anyway they have been asking us on the allowance to pick up contract negotiations with the player."
    Ibisevic is currently tied to Hoffenheim until June 2013 and there are reports in the German media that they will sell him to Blackburn for 3.5million.

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-08-11

    Cahill: Bolton star
    WENGER DEFENDS GARY CAHILL BID

    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is on collision course with Bolton chairman Phil Gartside over the proposed signing of Gary Cahill.
    Arsenal have tabled an offer for the England defender which Bolton have described as "derisory".
    The offer has been reported as 6million, but Wenger this afternoon insisted that figure was incorrect.
    "That number is wrong," said Wenger.
    "It is completely wrong. I believe every negotiation is between two parties and you only have to sell the player if you are all right with the price.
    "In this case the information is below what has been spoken about."
    Bolton manager Owen Coyle has blasted the offer, saying "derisory doesn't even cover it" while Gartside re-tweeted a message sent by a Bolton fan angered by the offer.
    Wenger, however, was furious at Bolton's reaction.
    He said: "You only have to sell the player if you are all right with the price. It is not true. You can believe Gartside or you can believe me. It's not right. It's not the truth.
    "If Gartside can say I am lying I am ready to confront him. The truth is that we never speak about our negotiations.
    "If a club doesn't want to sell a player it can keep him. When we sign a player we come out here and tell you and keep the price a secret.
    "They do not need to sell the player, they can keep him. If you ask do I want to buy your house and you are not happy with the price you say no, that's it.
    "Why should you feel insulted? I don't understand. If the player is not for sale they can keep him. I don't understand the problem.
    "If we want to buy the player we buy the player. I do not have to explain for how much."
    Cahill began his career with Aston Villa and had loan spells at Burnley and Sheffield United.
    He has made three appearances for England, gaining his first start in a friendly against Ghana last March which ended 1-1.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-08-11

    Barton: Will make a decision on Friday
    DECISION DAY FOR JOEY BARTON

    Joey Barton says he will make a decision over his future today as he considers an offer to leave Newcastle and join QPR.
    The 28-year-old midfielder underwent the second stage of a medical with the newly-promoted London club on Thursday and then told his Twitter followers that he needed some "time and space" to think about the move south.
    However, with the summer transfer window due to close at 11pm on Wednesday night Barton knows he cannot keep QPR, or Newcastle, hanging on for long and wrote on Twitter on Friday: "Going to have to make a decision today, its only fair to all parties."
    Barton is known to be happy in the north-east, but has fallen foul of the club hierarchy in recent weeks because of his outspoken remarks regarding their transfer policy and was made available on a free transfer.
    The player has a year to go on his contract at St James' Park, with talks over a new deal having stalled in January and the offer he was presented with then since being withdrawn.
    Barton previously said he would only leave Newcastle for Champions League football and QPR boss Neil Warnock admits the signing would be some coup for his club.
    "I think we're lucky to be looking at a player like that," Warnock said.
    "It shows how ambitious the chairman (Tony Fernandes) is. He listened to the players I would like to bring in and Joey was one of them.
    "We've just got down the line and we hope to bring in another four or five before next Wednesday night."
    Newcastle manager Alan Pardew has told Barton he would remain a welcome part of his squad should he turn down a move to QPR.
    "He knows he can come back here and we'll take care of him," Pardew said.
    "I think he trusts me as a manager. He trusts the staff here and has a bond with the players.
    "At the same time he's got an offer that is making him think to go elsewhere."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 16-06-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16-06-2011, 16:16:39
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 30-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-04-2011, 11:12:28
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 20-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-04-2011, 15:14:54
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 19-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-04-2011, 23:35:37
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 18-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-04-2011, 16:50:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •