Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 27-08-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 27-08-11

Latest Transfer Update at 27-08-11

McClaren: Looking for new recruits
    McCLAREN EYES FOREST ADDITIONS

Nottingham Forest manager Steve McClaren is hoping to further bolster his squad but believes they are heading in the right direction.
    McClaren has been left frustrated by slow progress in the transfer market this summer.
    Forest have been able to bring in the likes of Matt Derbyshire and Ishmael Miller of late, adding to the acquisitions of Jonathan Greening, George Boateng and Andy Reid.
    Asked if McClaren is still looking to recruit before the transfer window closes on Wednesday night, he told the Nottingham Evening Post: "Definitely, I hope so.
    "But, as a side, we are growing and getting better. The attitude is improving and we have to keep getting better.
    "Confidence grows with every result. But Sunday (against West Ham) is a big game and we have to be ready. It is a good one to finish with before the international break."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 27-08-11

Cech: Doesn't want to sit on the bench
    CECH SEEKS REGULAR FOOTBALL

West Brom defender Marek Cech will quit the club if he gets "the right opportunity".
    Cech lost his first-team spot after Roy Hodgson replaced Roberto Di Matteo as head coach in February.
    The Slovakia international is still at The Hawthorns after Albion exercised an option to keep him for another 12 months during the summer.
    But Cech, who threw his shirt into the crowd after making a rare appearance during the midweek Carling Cup win at Bournemouth, wants to play first-team football.
    The 28-year-old said: "No player is happy to sit on the bench.
    "I've one year left of my contract at West Brom and, if I get the right opportunity to change clubs during that time, then I will.
    "But, if not, I will be professional and fight hard for a place in the team."
    Cech is adamant his spell with the Baggies has been beneficial despite his current frustration at being kept out of the side by Nicky Shorey.
    He said: "Every league I've played in has given me a lot as a professional - at Porto, Inter Bratislava and Sparta Prague.
    "West Brom is another good experience in my life and career."

Uploads

Barrera: Moves to La Liga
    BARRERA JOINS ZARAGOZA

Pablo Barrera has joined Spanish club Real Zaragoza on loan from West Ham United for the 2011/12 season.
    The Hammers made the announcement on Thursday and outlined the reason why the winger has been allowed to leave for the Primera Division team.
    "West Ham United have allowed Pablo Barrera to join Real Zaragoza on a season-long loan," reads a statement on the club's official website.
    "The 24-year-old has been loaned out after struggling to adapt to life in London since arriving from Mexico because of language difficulties and personal reasons.
    "He started the 2-1 defeat by Aldershot Town on Wednesday night, before travelling to Spain on Thursday for a medical."
    Barrera joined the Championship club from Nacional last summer and will hope for better performances and a more suitable life in Spain.
    The Mexican is available to play for Zaragoza in their league clash with Real Madrid on Sunday evening.

Uploads

Zarate: Reportedly wanted by Inter
    ZARATE 'WON'T GO OUT ON LOAN'

Lazio have ruled out any chance of Mauro Zarate joining another club on loan and say they will only consider a permanent offer, according to the player's agent.
    Zarate is set to leave the Roman outfit this summer following a rift with coach Edy Reja.
    Inter Milan are reportedly willing to sign Zarate on loan for the season while Arsenal have also been linked with the 24-year-old.
    "I showed the proposal to Lazio president Claudio Lotito," said Zarate's agent Giuseppe Bozzo.
    "But he said the player will not leave the club on loan.
    "They paid for Mauro over 21million euros and Lotito wants to get at least that amount."
    Lazio signed forwards Miroslav Klose and Djibril Cisse earlier this month and are now looking to offload some players before the new season.
    Zarate, who contributed nine goals in 35 league appearances for Lazio last season, is under contract until June 2014.

Uploads

Leigh Griffiths: Set for Hibs move
    HIBS CLOSE IN ON GRIFFITHS

Hibernian manager Colin Calderwood has confirmed that he expects Wolves striker Leigh Griffiths to join the club on loan.
    The Easter Road club are long-term admirers of the 21-year-old, who left Dundee for Molineux in January and a deal is expected to be concluded which will see the Scotland Under-21 international join the Hibees until January.
    Calderwood admits it will be touch-and-go for Griffiths to be available for this weekend's Edinburgh derby but expects the deal to be finalised by the close of the transfer window on Wednesday night.
    Calderwood, who signed Celtic right-back Richie Towell on loan for the season on Thursday, said: "We're hoping to sign one more. And we hope that will be Leigh Griffiths.
    "There's a bit of paperwork to be done and everything will need to go very well to get him here by the weekend.
    "He's another goalscorer and I think that's what we need.
    "Leigh had a big desire to come back to Scotland, and particularly here, so that has helped to push it through."

Uploads

Roberto Mancini: Confident Tevez will stay
    MANCINI CONFIDENT TEVEZ WILL STAY

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini is growing increasingly confident that Carlos Tevez will stay at the club.
    Mancini is hoping the arrival in Manchester of Tevez's family, plus the exciting signings of Sergio Aguero and Samir Nasri, will persuade the Argentinian his immediate future remains with City.
    The 50million-rated 27-year-old has made no secret of his desire to leave the Etihad Stadium, but City have received no firm interest since the collapse of a proposed move to Brazilian side Corinthians last month.
    That forced Tevez to go back on his word never to return to Manchester - not even on holiday - and he was back in action as a substitute in last week's Barclays Premier League win at Bolton.
    One of Tevez's main reasons for wanting to leave was to be closer to his family in Argentina, but Mancini hopes that problem has now been solved.
    Mancini said: "His family is here now. Now that his family is here I think that he can stay.
    "I think this is a good moment for this club. Carlos is one of the best players that we have."
    Mancini has a fearsome array of attacking talent at his disposal and the latest additions of 38million Aguero and 24million Nasri are expected to make them strong title contenders.
    Mancini believes that could also be a decisive factor in keeping Tevez.
    "I think so," he said.
    "He is not fit, he has only worked for two weeks.
    "But I think with the good players that arrive in this team - after we won the FA Cup last year - they can try to think next year we can win the title.
    "I think Carlos can play also next year."
    Mancini's biggest problem could then become how to accommodate all his attacking players, with the likes of David Silva, Mario Balotelli and Edin Dzeko also to consider.
    The Italian joked: "I think we can play with Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Balotelli, Tevez and Dzeko all in the same game!"

Uploads

Emiliano Insua: Moved to Sporting Lisbon
    INSUA JOINS SPORTING LISBON

Argentinian left-back Emiliano Insua has left Liverpool to join Sporting Lisbon on a five-year deal.
    Insua became surplus to requirements at Anfield following the arrival of Jose Enrique from Newcastle.
    The 22-year-old said he was looking forward to a new challenge in Portugal.
    "I am delighted to start training and playing here," he told Sporting's website. "Sporting is one of the big Portuguese clubs and is recognised for having top players.
    "The club is always looking to win titles. I will give everything for Sporting."
    Insua joined Liverpool from Boca Juniors, initially on loan, in January 2007.
    He made 44 appearances for the club but was sent out on loan to Galatasaray last season.

Uploads

Freddie Ljungberg: Off to Japan
    LJUNGBERG MOVES TO JAPAN

Former Arsenal and Celtic winger Freddie Ljungberg has signed for Japanese club S-Pulse, subject to a work permit, his representatives have confirmed.
    Ljungberg, 34, spent the second part of last season with Celtic after a spell in Major League Soccer, but made only seven appearances for the Scottish club before departing as a free agent.
    "I am so excited about playing in Japan, I was inspired by the way the Japanese people dealt with the tragedy of March 11th earthquake and I really want to show support for them by playing football in Japan and for S-Pulse in particular," Ljungberg said.

Uploads

Sergio Almiron: Off to Catania
    ALMIRON JOINS CATANIA

Catania have landed Argentina midfielder Sergio Almiron from Juventus for an undisclosed fee, the Sicilian club confirmed on Saturday.
    Almiron made 25 league appearances while on loan at Bari last season.
    The 30-year-old has penned a three-year contract with Catania.
    The South American player becomes Catania's 10th signing this summer.
    Catania, who appointed former Roma boss Vincenzo Montella as their new coach last month, finished 13th in Serie A last term.

Uploads

Goran Pandev: On loan at Napoli
    PANDEV JOINS NAPOLI ON LOAN

Napoli have signed Goran Pandev on a season-long loan deal from Inter Milan, the Naples club confirmed on Saturday.
    The Macedonian striker becomes Napoli's 14th summer signing.
    Pandev joined Inter from Lazio in January 2010 but failed to earn a regular spot in the Nerazzurri's starting XI.
    "I am very happy to be able to play in the Champions League with a club like Napoli," said Pandev.
    "They are a very important club."
    Napoli, who finished third in Serie A behind AC Milan and Inter Milan last season after mounting an impressive title challenge, were paired with Manchester City, Villarreal and Bayern Munich in Group C of the Champions League.
    Pandev is under contract with Inter until June 2014.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast