Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 29-08-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 29-08-11

Latest Transfer Update at 29-08-11

Marcelo Estigarribia: Signed for Juventus
    JUVE MOVE FOR ESTIGARRIBIA

Juventus have completed the loan signing of Paraguay international Marcelo Estigarribia from Deportivo Maldonado, the Serie A club confirmed.
    The 24-year-old is Juve's eighth acquisition this summer.
    Estigarribia - who can play in left midfield or on the wing - played on loan at Newell's Old Boys last season and impressed at this summer's Copa America.
    "I am really excited," said Estigarribia. "This is a dream come true.
    "It is fantastic and also unexpected. I want to enjoy this moment.
    "I am very proud to be here at Juventus. It is not every day that you get the chance to play for a big club and now it is up to me to prove that I belong here."
    Juve will have the option to make Estigarribia's move permanent if they pay five million euros at the end of the campaign.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-08-11

Kean: Won't be signing John
    NO JOHN FOR ROVERS

Blackburn will not be signing George John after the defender returned to FC Dallas.
    Rovers had been linked with the 24-year-old who would have followed Montenegro international Simon Vukcevic into Ewood Park.
    However, the Major League soccer side have announced that the club and player had not reached an agreement with John returning to the United States.
    FC Dallas president and chief executive Doug Quinn told the club's official website, www.fcdallas.com: "Despite mutual interest, Blackburn Rovers and George John have decided not to enter into a contract
    "Blackburn had significant interest in acquiring George; however, for the time being, they decided not to finalise the deal.
    "We are excited to have a player of George's calibre back at FC Dallas."

Uploads

Tony Pulis won't be breaking the bank
    PULIS WON'T BREAK THE BANK

Tony Pulis insists Stoke will not break their wage structure to bring in new players after Ryan Shotton's last-gasp goal earned a first Barclays Premier League win of the campaign at West Brom.
    Pulis is understood to be closing in on Tottenham midfielder Wilson Palacios while his White Hart Lane team-mate, Peter Crouch, is believed to be another target.
    But Pulis is adamant the Potters will remain within their current financial guidelines.
    He said: "I've got great backers. I've been told there is money available. They have said 'there is a pot of money, if you can find the right players, then spend it.'
    "There is money there and I'm just hoping and praying we can get players in who will help us again.
    "But the wage structure won't be broken. The basic wage at our club won't change."
    Pulis would not confirm his interest in Palacios and Crouch and would only say "if we do deals, I'm sure you will know.
    "I want to do my business the way I want to do my business. You can ask me and ask me."
    Substitute Shotton took advantage of a mix-up between Albion goalkeeper Ben Foster and defender Gabriel Tamas to net the only goal a minute from time.
    Pulis said: "We are pleased. We played in the Europa League on Thursday and then had to come up against a good, well organised and much stronger side physically down the spine of their team.
    "We knew it was going to be tough. I thought our players were brilliant and we are very pleased and proud of them. Seven games we've played this season, and we are unbeaten and so very pleased."
    Albion have now lost their opening three league games and Hodgson intimated Foster could have shown more bravery in dealing with Shotton before his last-gasp goal.
    He said: "I thought we defended it (the goal) very, very badly. I think the referee could have helped by giving the free-kick because the player has put his foot high and was leading with his studs. Foster could have been brave and taken the stud in the chest.
    "But unfortunately he decided to turn away from the stud and as a result we conceded a goal."
    Albion will today further assess the condition of striker Peter Odemwingie who missed the game with a recurrence of his ankle problem.
    Hodgson said: "We don't know how serious it is. He played last Saturday for 10 minutes, he trained Monday-Tuesday, we had two days off, and when we came back, the ankle injury was plaguing him again.
    "I thought Tuesday, when I left the training ground, that he would be fit at the weekend. But his ankle isn't okay and we will have to wait and see when it will be.
    "He had treatment Sunday morning. He will be in again on Monday."

Uploads

Diego Forlan: Set to sign for Inter
    FORLAN POISED FOR INTER - REPORTS

Inter Milan are on the verge of signing Diego Forlan from Atletico Madrid, according to reports in Italy.
    The 32-year-old Uruguay international is expected to join Inter in a deal worth five million euros.
    Forlan is set travel to Milan this afternoon and put pen to paper on a two-year contract with the Serie A giants.
    Inter are looking to strengthen their attacking line following the sale of Cameroon forward Samuel Eto'o to Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala.
    Forlan joined Atletico in 2007 from Villarreal and is under contract with the Spanish outfit for another two seasons.

Uploads

McManus: Hopes Middlesbrough keep stars
    McMANUS URGES STARS TO STAY

Stephen McManus hopes Middlesbrough can see out the remainder of the transfer window without losing any of their key men.
    Boro have made a solid start to the 2011/12 campaign and are planning to mount a serious promotion push in the Championship.
    Their hopes could rest on their ability to retain the services of those players expected to lead the Premier League charge.
    Matthew Bates, Rhys Williams and Marvin Emnes have all attracted interest from the Premier League, but McManus has called on the trio to stay and lead Boro into a brighter future.
    "Obviously the transfer window is still open but you'd like to think that the rest of us will still be here," he said.
    "Certainly in terms of outgoings, I don't think there will be anything happening.
    "You want a settled squad and a settled side and we've got that.
    "We know the players who are going to be here this season. If we can add one or two faces, that would be great."

Uploads

Davide Santon: In talks to join Newcastle
    SANTON POISED FOR NEWCASTLE MOVE

Inter Milan full-back Davide Santon is in talks to join Newcastle, according to the player's agent.
    The Italy international is under contract with the Serie A giants until June 2014 and is also a reported target of Roma.
    "At this time there is no possibility that Santon can join Roma because right now the aim is Newcastle," said Santon's agent Claudio Vigorelli to Corriere dello Sport.
    The 20-year-old has been with Inter since 2008 and made 16 appearances in all competitions during the first half of last season before going on loan in the second half of the campaign and making 11 league appearances for Cesena.

Uploads

Scott Brown: Close to a new deal
    BROWN EDGING CLOSER TO NEW DEAL

Scott Brown admits only his "nitpicking" is preventing him signing a new deal for Celtic.
    The Hoops skipper, in Glasgow on Monday morning to help make the draw for the first round of The William Hill Scottish Cup, reiterated that he is close to extending his current contract which ends next summer.
    Asked what the hold-up was, he replied: "It's just me nitpicking to be perfectly honest.
    "Hopefully (it will be done) within the next one or two weeks."
    The Scotland midfielder denies contract talks have been a distraction.
    "Not in the slightest," he said. "I just continue with my game, pretty much as I do every week and when it happens it happens."
    Brown then claimed that the decision of team-mates Emilio Izaguirre and Charlie Mulgrew over the weekend to extend their contracts at Celtic until 2015 had been encouraging.
    "Definitely, it looks like the club is going forward by tying those players down," said the former Hibernian player. "It's great for the club and shows we are trying to keep the players who have been doing well in the last couple of seasons."

Uploads

Santa Cruz: Loan move
    BETIS MOVE FOR SANTA CRUZ

Real Betis have confirmed the signing of Paraguay striker Roque Santa Cruz on a one-year loan from Manchester City.
    Thirty-year-old Santa Cruz joined City from Blackburn in 2009 but has struggled to tie down a first-team berth with the big-spending Barclays Premier League club and returned to Rovers on loan for the second half of last season.
    Prior to joining Blackburn in 2007, Santa Cruz spent seven years at German giants Bayern Munich having begun his career with Olimpia in his homeland.
    A statement on the Betis website read: "Real Betis continue to strengthen their first-team squad for the coming season with only a few days to go before the end of the transfer market.
    "After intensive negotiations, the club have been able to close the signing of Roque Santa Cruz, who will play the coming season on loan at Betis.
    "A Paraguayan international, Santa Cruz arrives from Manchester City, one of the best teams in England in recent years."
    Santa Cruz, who made his full international debut for Paraguay at the age of 17, is set to be presented by Betis tomorrow evening and will wear the number 16 shirt after becoming the newly-promoted club's eighth signing of the summer.
    Betis, last season's Segunda Division champions, began their league campaign with a 1-0 away win over fellow top-flight newcomers Granada on Saturday.

Uploads

Benayoun: Set to leave the club
    BENAYOUN NEARING CHELSEA EXIT

Yossi Benayoun appears to be on the verge of leaving Chelsea.
    Benayoun has seen just one minute of action for the Blues this season and looks to be surplus to requirements following the arrival of fellow midfielder Juan Mata from Valencia.
    It has been reported that Benayoun would be included in an offer from the Blues for Spurs playmaker Luka Modric and Newcastle have also been linked with the Israel captain, who moved to Stamford Bridge from Liverpool last summer on a free transfer.
    Benayoun wrote on Twitter: "negotiating with several team (sic) ...news soon."
    Benayoun was restricted to 10 appearances for the club last season due to an Achilles injury, which kept him out for six months.

Uploads

Aguero: Wants Tevez to stay at City
    AGUERO HOPES CARLOS TEVEZ STAYS

Sergio Aguero hopes his fellow Argentine Carlos Tevez will have a change of heart and end up staying at Manchester City.
    City were rocked earlier this summer when their talismanic striker revealed that he was looking to leave.
    The Blues had fended off a similar announcement last season and believed that their South American star was settled at Eastlands.
    Speculation has suggested that Tevez is a target for a number of clubs, but no deal has been done as yet.
    He remains in England as a result and has been included in Roberto Mancini's first-team plans this term.
    City believe Tevez will now see out the season on their books, with there few clubs capable of meeting their asking price.
    Aguero is keen to see his countryman stay, allowing the pair to work on a strike partnership that could prove to be destructive at domestic and international level.
    "We have spent a lot of time together and we talk about everything," Aguero told Sky Sports News HD.
    "I know he is a bit frustrated but, as we all know, it is up to the coach to decide who plays and who doesn't.
    "I'm sure we will both have a chance here at City and with Argentina.
    "I hope he stays and we get to play many games together. But it is up to Roberto Mancini to make that decision."
    Aguero was on target for City in their 5-1 mauling of Tottenham on Sunday, taking his tally to three in as many games, but the former Atletico Madrid frontman claims he is still getting to grips with life in the Premier League.
    He added: "I was shocked by the pace of the Premier League, it has been a real surprise and I have to adapt to it quickly.
    "In Spain, the game is much more stop-start and here it is the opposite - it is very fast, very pacey and very exciting.
    "I have been welcomed very much by my team-mates and I hope I can repay the trust that everyone has put in me."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast