Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 01-09-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 01-09-11

Latest Transfer Update at 01-09-11

Bryan Ruiz: Joins Fulham
    FULHAM SWOOP FOR BRYAN RUIZ

Fulham gazumped Newcastle to complete the signing of FC Twente forward Bryan Ruiz for a fee believed to be 10.6million.
    The 26-year-old has attracted interest from across Europe due to his Eredivisie form, with the likes of Benfica, Tottenham, Valencia and Villarreal all mooted as potential destinations this summer.
    However, Ruiz has penned a four-year deal at Craven Cottage after rejecting a last-ditch offer from Newcastle this evening.
    "I'm really happy to be joining Fulham Football Club and playing under Martin Jol who is a manager I admire from his time managing in Holland for Ajax," he told the club's official website.
    "I chose to come to Fulham because it feels more personal than other clubs I have visited.
    "I'm looking forward to meeting up with the whole squad when most of the players return from the international break and getting to work straight away with the team in preparation for some important fixtures."
    Ruiz begun his career with Alajuelense in Costa Rica, before joining Belgian outfit Gent in 2006 and then Twente three years later.
    The Alajuela-born attacking midfielder netted 35 goals in 65 games over the past two seasons in Holland and has now moved to the Barclays Premier League.
    "Bryan Ruiz was always our intended target," said Jol.
    "He is a player who continues to attract interest from other top clubs so naturally I'm very happy, on this final day of the transfer window, that he has decided to join Fulham."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 01-09-11

Raul Meireles: Now a Chelsea player
    RAUL MEIRELES MAKES CHELSEA SWITCH

Chelsea have announced the arrival of Raul Meireles on a four-year contract from Premier League rivals Liverpool.
    The Blues had to move fast to push a deal through before Wednesday's 11pm deadline.
    They had been linked with the Portugal international in the days building up to the close of the summer transfer window, but it appeared as though their interest had waned as the clock ticked down.
    Late drama then began to unfold as it emerged that Meireles had handed in a transfer request at Anfield.
    Shortly afterwards, Chelsea confirmed that they have secured the signature of the Portuguese playmaker on a long-term deal.
    A statement released on the Blues' official website read: "Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Raul Meireles from Liverpool on a four-year contract.
    "The midfielder, 28, arrives after just over a season at Anfield in which he made 44 appearances for the Reds."

Uploads

Bellamy: Back at Liverpool
    CRAIG BELLAMY REJOINS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool have re-signed Craig Bellamy from Manchester City.
    The 32-year-old spent last season on loan at npower Championship side Cardiff after a rift with City boss Roberto Mancini saw him excluded from the first-team squad.
    City have been desperate to offload Bellamy but with a year left on his contract there were financial issues to sort out before Liverpool could complete a deal.
    In a brief statement the club said: "Liverpool have tonight announced Craig Bellamy has signed a contract with the club.
    "He will wear shirt number 39."
    Bellamy's return to Anfield comes four years after he left having been brought to the club 12 months earlier by Rafael Benitez.
    He scored nine goals in 42 matches but off-field issues, most notably an infamous incident with a golf club and team-mate John Arne Riise and a strained relationship with Benitez, contributed to his departure to West Ham.

Uploads

Peter Crouch: Joins Stoke from Spurs
    PETER CROUCH SEALS STOKE SWITCH

Stoke have spent a club record 10million to bring in England striker Peter Crouch from Tottenham.
    Crouch has signed a four-year deal with the Potters after struggling for first-team opportunities at Spurs of late, and the forward completed a busy day for Tony Pulis' team on transfer deadline day, with Wilson Palacios and Cameron Jerome also signing from Spurs and Birmingham respectively.
    The Crouch deal could even rise to 12million dependent on the fulfilment of various clauses.
    "These fantastic deals are a statement of this football club's intent," said City's chief executive Tony Scholes after completing the triple transfer swoop.
    "The club has made incredible strides forward over the past five years and to attract players of this calibre shows our ambitions as we look to continue that progress this season and beyond that."
    Pulis added: "There has been a real buzz of excitement around the city about where this club is going since we reached the FA Cup final and then started our Europa League adventure. These signings certainly add to that
    great sense of anticipation.
    "We now have good options in midfield and up front with these captures add to the experienced additions we also made at the back by bringing in two England defenders Jonathan Woodgate and Matthew Upson earlier in the transfer window.
    "Peter has an excellent goalscoring record at the highest level. His goals-per-games ratio for England is remarkable and he scored seven goals in 10 Champions League games for Tottenham last season which gives you an idea of his pedigree."

Uploads

Mertesacker: Completes Arsenal move
    PER MERTESACKER JOINS ARSENAL

Arsenal have completed the formalities of Per Mertesacker's transfer from Werder Bremen.
    The Germany defender signed what the club described as "a long-term contract" for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around 8million.
    Mertesacker said: "I had a great time at SV Werder Bremen and I'm grateful to the club.
    "Moving to London enables me to fulfil a dream and a further step in my career.
    "The Premier League has always represented a great challenge for me."
    Manager Arsene Wenger told his club's official website: "We are delighted to welcome Per Mertesacker to the club.
    "He is a German international with vast experience and strength and is good on the floor and in the air.
    "I believe he will be well-suited to the Premier League and a tremendous asset to the team."

Uploads

Yossi Benayoun: Arsenal deal
    BENAYOUN GOES TO ARSENAL ON LOAN

Yossi Benayoun has completed a season-long loan move to Arsenal from Chelsea.
    Israel captain Benayoun had been linked with a number of clubs but opted for the Gunners, who will play in this season's Champions League.
    The midfielder, who is currently on international duty, wrote on Twitter: "I sign with Arsenal, very happy and excited about it, but now my head is only in the game against Greece on Friday, thanks for the support."

Uploads

Hutton: Moves to Villa Park
    VILLA ADD HUTTON AND JENAS

Aston Villa have completed deadline-day deals for Scotland full-back Alan Hutton and England midfielder Jermaine Jenas, both from Tottenham.
    Former Rangers defender Hutton 26, has agreed a permanent move to Villa park, signing a contract through to 2015 while Jenas has joined on loan for the rest of the season.
    A statement on Villa's official website from manager Alex McLeish said: "Alan is a player whom I know well. He is an athletic full-back in his mid-20s - a very good age - and he has a lot of experience playing at a high level, both internationally with Scotland and with Rangers and Tottenham which are big clubs.
    "So he fits the bill in terms of having the right temperament to be an important and influential player for Villa.
    "Jermaine is a dynamic midfield player and I feel he will add to the quality of the squad as well. He also has played at a very high level and I'm sure he will be relishing this opportunity."

Uploads

Wright-Phillips: Completes QPR move
    WRIGHT-PHILLIPS JOINS QPR

Shaun Wright-Phillips has completed a move to Queens Park Rangers for an undisclosed fee from Manchester City and admits he cannot wait to get started.
    The winger was locked in talks with the Loftus Road outfit on deadline day, while also trying to negotiate his exit from Eastlands.
    All parties have now reached an agreement and Wright-Phillips will continue his career in the capital, having penned a three-year contract.
    The England international, who had slipped down the pecking order at City, admits he is looking forward to playing his part in what he believes will be a bright future for QPR.
    "I am delighted. I am really looking forward to it all kicking off," Wright-Phillips told Sky Sports News HD shortly after completing a move.
    "After speaking to the manager and seeing what direction the club was going, I just really wanted to be a part of helping that to happen.

Uploads

Dann: Completes move to Blackburn
    BLACKBURN SIGN SCOTT DANN

Blackburn have signed centre-back Scott Dann from Birmingham on a four-year contract.
    The 24-year-old had been linked with a number of clubs this summer following Blues' relegation from the Premier League but Rovers were the ones who made a late move and it paid off.
    Liverpool-born Dann had a medical in Lancashire on deadline day, with the finalities of his contract confirmed less than 30 minutes before the close of the transfer window.
    Dann signed a four-year deal at Rovers after pleading with Birmingham chief Peter Pannu to allow him to leave to pursue his Barclays Premier League ambitions.
    Dann joined Birmingham in June 2009 from Coventry but was hampered by a hamstring injury last season, and has not been in Chris Hughton's first team this term.

Uploads

Jermaine Beckford: Leicester switch
    BECKFORD LEAVES EVERTON FOR FOXES

Leicester have completed the signing of Everton striker Jermaine Beckford for a fee which could rise to 4million.
    The Foxes have secured the 27-year-old on a four-year contract and he leaves Goodison Park after just one season in the Barclays Premier League, where he scored 10 goals in 38 appearances.
    Despite his goals for the Toffees he never really convinced in the top flight and the Goodison Park club decided to cash in when the npower Championship side improved their original bid of 2million from a fortnight ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast