Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 04-09-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 04-09-11

Latest Transfer Update at 04-09-11

Sneijder: Influenced by Mourinho to stay at Inter Milan this summer
    SNEIJDER: JOSE TOLD ME TO STAY

Inter Milan star Wesley Sneijder has revealed Jose Mourinho told him to stay at the San Siro this summer.
    Sneijder was strongly linked with a move away from Inter during this summer's transfer window witb a host of top clubs chasing his signature.
    The Dutchman recently admitted there was an approach from Manchester United this summer, but he claims his former Inter coach Mourinho influenced his decision to stay in Italy.
    "Mourinho called me and he told me to stay. He has an Inter heart and he has always told me to remain," Sneijder told Gazzetta dello Sport.
    "I am happy to have stayed because I never wanted to leave and so I no longer want to speak about Manchester United."
    Carlos Tevez's agent Kia Joorabchian claimed Man City offered his client as part of a swap deal with Inter for Sneijder.
    However, the 27-year-old insists he knows nothing about the possible interest from City.
    "Manchester City? I don't know anything about this. I am happy at Inter," he said.
    "I have a contract until 2015 and I want to respect it."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 04-09-11

Gary Cahill scores for England
    CAHILL PUTS 'CRAZY WEEK' BEHIND HIM

Gary Cahill insists he is in the right frame of mind to continue playing for Bolton after scoring his first England goal during last night's Euro 2012 qualifier win in Bulgaria.
    The highly-rated centre-back was strongly linked with a move to Arsenal and Tottenham before the transfer window closed on Wednesday.
    No deal went through and Cahill put club matters to one side, earned his first competitive start for his country, and netted the opening goal in a 3-0 win.
    Cahill said: "It's been a crazy week, mentally more than anything.
    "I tried not to let it bother me and, in a way, there is not much you can do about it.
    "Am I disappointed nothing happened (transfer-wise)? I can't really comment on that to be honest with you.
    "It all happened so quickly. It was like a bit of a whirlwind.
    "Sometimes it is not always great when you make last-minute decisions but there was no decision for me to make.
    "I'm employed by Bolton, no fee was accepted, so I'll just move forward and carry on.
    "My head is fine and I'm doing what I love doing, playing football. I'll work hard for Bolton now and likewise for my country."
    Cahill admitted: "All that stuff before the game is not ideal by any means.
    "But the window was shut Wednesday evening, I knew where I was going to be, so I could settle my head.
    "I could refocus then on the most important thing which is playing for my country.
    "The manager (Fabio Capello) just left me to my own devices. We are all professional footballers, and you have to be professional about the situation.
    "You have got to get your head right and be mentally strong in this game."
    Cahill became the first Bolton player to score for England since Nat Lofthouse 52 years ago.
    He said: "What an honour that is. If I could turn out anything like that man, I'd be over the moon!
    "I saw the ball coming across and I just managed to get it on my chest and stick it in the bottom corner.
    "It was a strange feeling, it almost happened in slow motion and I thought it might have been offside at first. Wayne Rooney told me he thought the same.
    "I don't know what it looked like on TV but there would have been a lot more excitement if I had known it was going to stand.
    "But I'm over the moon at getting the nod to play first and foremost, and then to get on the scoresheet was fantastic."
    Cahill added: "I found out I was playing 20 minutes before the game. That's the way the gaffer does things.
    "You can never be certain because there are so many good players in that position. Everyone prepares as if they are going to play.
    "Scoring a goal was a bonus for me but, for us to defend the way we did and keep a clean sheet, was the most important thing."

Uploads

Rangers: Wanted by a string of clubs in the Championship
    MAGPIES SNUB RANGER LOAN BIDS

Newcastle have told Nile Ranger he will not be allowed to leave the club on a temporary basis when the loan window opens next week.
    The 20-year-old was poised to leave the club on transfer deadline-day with Birmingham and Leeds both waiting in the wings.
    Newcastle, however, are only prepared to allow the striker to leave the club if it is a loan deal with a view to a permanent switch.
    Ranger is valued at 1.5 million by Newcastle who are said to be unhappy with the player over his off-the-field antics.
    His agent Nick Rubery told the Sunday Sun: "United have made it clear there will be no movement.
    "It is frustrating for Nile he will not get that opportunity, but it is not up to him or us.
    "He just has to get on with the situation and work hard."

Uploads

Meireles: On the defensive
    RAUL MEIRELES: I AM NO JUDAS

Raul Meireles insists he did not leave Liverpool for Chelsea because of financial reasons.
    The Portuguese midfielder was a surprise departure from Anfield in the closing stages of transfer deadline day.
    Meireles handed in a transfer request prior to sealing his move to Stamford Bridge just before the close of the transfer window.
    The 28-year-old found himself down the pecking order at Liverpool at the start of the season, but he is adamant his move to Stamford Bridge had nothing to do with money.
    "These are things that happen in football. I can only say good things about Liverpool, it was a fantastic year," Meireles told RTPN.
    "People think I am a Judas and that it was because of the money. It was not because of that, I will explain it later, things are still fresh.
    "It all happened very fast. I am not the only one to blame for my exit from Liverpool, but I will never stop loving the club and I have great friends there."
    Meireles admitted linking up again with former Porto coach Andre Villas-Boas played a big part in his decision to move to Chelsea.
    "I was very happy with his interest in my signature," added Meireles. "The most important thing is to give my all every time and try to help Chelsea win titles."

Uploads

Vicente: One-year deal with Seagulls
    SEAGULLS ANNOUNCE VICENTE DEAL

Brighton have confirmed the signing of former Spanish international midfielder Vicente Rodriguez.
    The 30-year-old left Valencia in the summer and has joined the Seagulls on a one-year-deal.
    Vicente has been capped 38 times by his country, and also has two La Liga titles and a UEFA Cup winners medal to his name.
    The delighted Albion manager, Gus Poyet, told the club's official website: "Vicente is the special player we wanted.
    "He has great qualities in terms of his ability and flexibility to play in a range of different positions.
    "He also brings a great experience having played at the top level for the last 10 years with Valencia.
    "This is a major coup to bring him to the Amex."

Uploads

Fabregas: Moved to Barcelona
    FABREGAS WAS A BARGAIN - BARCA CHIEF

Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu admits Cesc Fabregas is worth more than the amount the club paid for him after making an impressive start to life at Camp Nou.
    The Spain midfielder, who returned to boyhood club Barca from Arsenal last month to end a long-running transfer saga, scored on his Primera Liga debut for the Catalan giants to help them to a 5-0 rout of Villarreal.
    Fabregas, whose move to the European champions was worth a reported 35million, was also on target in their 2-0 UEFA Super Cup victory over Porto.
    Barca chief Bartomeu says after seeing the 24-year-old in action on the pitch and in training he believes he is worth closer to the €60m (53m) price tag originally bestowed on him by the Gunners.
    He told Sport: "After seeing the work he's done since his arrival it is true that Cesc meets the €60m valuation Arsenal initially demanded.
    "The kid is demonstrating a high level and quality in three weeks of training. The transfer was very good.
    "In a market that is so open Cesc is worth a lot of money.
    "It was complicated to close the deal. The negotiations were very hard."

Uploads

Messi: Barcelona star
    BARCA DENY MAN CITY BID FOR MESSI

Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has rejected rumours that Manchester City made an audacious bid for superstar Lionel Messi during the summer transfer window.
    Reports in Spain suggested big-spending City had tabled 50million euros plus striker Mario Balotelli to bring Argentina ace Messi to the Etihad Stadium but Barca had rejected the bid.
    However, Bartomeu insists no such offer was made.
    He told Sport: "Our policy is not to sell our stars but on this subject it certainly did not (happen)."
    Meanwhile, Bartomeu made no guarantees over the future of Barca coach Pep Guardiola but hopes the Spaniard will stay on at Camp Nou.
    The Barca chief added: "The decision lies with Pep but we hope to go on with him on the bench."