Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 11-09-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 11-09-11

Latest Transfer Update at 11-09-11

Bryan Ruiz: Shunned Newcastle interest
    RUIZ HAPPY TO SNUB MAGPIES

Fulham's deadline-day signing Bryan Ruiz says he never considered accepting Newcastle's last-minute move for him.
    Ruiz sealed a 10million-plus move from Twente to Fulham on deadline day, but Newcastle launched a last-ditch attempt to persuade him to move there.
    The Magpies even had a helicopter on stand-by ready to whisk him away from Fulham's grasp but Ruiz insists that was never in his thinking.
    "I heard about the helicopter. Newcastle were interested but I had a good feeling about Fulham and wanted to stay here," the Costa Rican told The People.
    "Martin Jol was a big influence on me. He told me he wants to combine the English and Dutch styles and he knows how I can fit into the team.
    "I can play as a number ten, a second striker, or on the left or right flank. I'm not a number nine but I've always scored goals.
    "I know people are expecting a lot from me here because Fulham have spent a lot of money on me."
    Ruiz revealed that former England coach Steve McClaren was a huge influence on him during their time together at Twente.
    "Steve McClaren was very influential on me," he said.
    "I was at Gent in Belgium and wasn't sure about going to Twente as they were not one of the top clubs in Holland but he convinced me and in the first year, I scored 24 goals and we were champions.
    "He's one of the best coaches I've worked with even though I know his reputation may have gone down a bit over here."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-09-11

Gyan: Offer he could not refuse
    GYAN: OFFER TOO GOOD TO REFUSE

Asamoah Gyan insists he had no choice but to move to the Middle East from Sunderland.
    Gyan finalised a move to the United Arab Emirates on Saturday as he signed for Al-Ain, who agreed a season-long loan deal with Sunderland.
    The news came out of the blue as, just 24 hours earlier, Sunderland boss Steve Bruce insisted he was staying put.
    But Gyan penned a loan deal after Sunderland accepted Al-Ain's offer and Bruce has since spoken about his frustration with the Ghanaian and admitted he thinks it is unlikely that he will ever play for the Black Cats again.
    However, Gyan feels that he had little choice but to move, telling skysports.com: "The offer was too good to refuse.
    "But I did not have a choice once Sunderland accepted Al-Ain's proposal.
    "I am now looking forward to playing in the UAE."
    Al-Ain are understood to have agreed to pay Sunderland a substantial loan fee with a view to a permanent deal next summer.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-09-11

Owen Coyle: Will check on Chilean youngster
    TROTTERS TRIAL FOR CHILEAN

Chilean starlet Stefano Magnasco has confirmed that he is travelling to England to undergo a trial with Bolton.
    The 18-year-old made his debut for his club Universidad Catolica earlier this year, but he has been spotted by Bolton scouts.
    Now Catolica have agreed to let Magnasco travel to England after he signed his first contract with the club ensuring they would be due a good fee if he does enough to earn a move.
    Magnasco, who can play anywhere down the right side, had also been linked with other English clubs including Chelsea, but he is looking forward to trying his luck with Bolton.
    "I have to seize this chance, and if I am not ready they will tell me," he told Chilean radio Bio Bio.
    "It never hurts to take advantage of this situation."
    Some reports claim that Magnasco would be able to move for minimal compensation, but he confirmed that he had actually signed a contract with Catolica before leaving for England.
    "Everything is done with the club, I signed a contract with the club to keep everybody happy, and everybody is happy," he said.
    "The idea was to get on well with them and then hopefully everything will work out."