Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 20-09-11

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 20-09-11

    Latest Transfer Update at 20-09-11

    Lothar Matthaus: Sacked
    BULGARIA SACK LOTHAR MATTHAUS

    Lothar Matthaus has been sacked as Bulgaria coach after a dismal Euro 2012 qualifying campaign.
    Bulgaria have taken just five points from seven games and most recently suffered resounding defeats against England and Switzerland.
    The nature of those defeats, and growing disenchantment in the squad, led to the decision.
    Bulgarian Football Union president Borislav Mihailov said: "There were many reasons to release Matthaus, not only the poor results in the last matches.
    "Pressure and negativity had also piled up in the squad, so the change was necessary.
    "He lived outside Bulgaria for most of the time and perhaps it also influenced the results and preparation of the national team."
    Matthaus replaced Stanimir Stoilov after Bulgaria had lost their first two Euro 2012 qualifiers but was unable to transform their fortunes.
    Under-21 coach Mihail Madanski has been named interim coach and will lead the team in the Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales next month.
    Matthaus, who enjoyed a glittering playing career with Borussia Monchengladbach, Bayern Munich and Inter Milan, has failed to cut it so far as a coach.
    The 50-year-old struggled in charge of Hungary in 2004/05 and has held numerous club jobs including Partizan Belgrade, Rapid Vienna, Salzburg and Atletico Paranaense.

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-09-11

    Diarra: Happy to stay
    LASSANA DIARRA WANTS MADRID STAY

    Lassana Diarra insists that he wants to see out the remaining two years of his contract at Real Madrid.
    The 26-year-old French interntional was the subject of interest from Roma and Tottenham in the summer.
    A possible move to Spurs was close and Harry Redknapp confirmed talks were ongoing - but the deal fell through.
    Now back at the Santiago Bernabeu he is yet to feature this term, but he is hopeful of becoming involved.
    "I am a Madrid player and I intend to stay here until the finish of my contract," said the former Arsenal and Chelsea midfielder.
    "I have a contract with Madrid until 2013 and would like to fulfil that commitment.
    "My goal now is to earn a starting place, and I am working hard for that."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-09-11

    Stevens: Would talk with HSV
    STEVENS INTERESTED IN HAMBURG POST

    Huub Stevens has expressed a willingness to speak to Hamburg about the coaching vacancy created on Monday by the sacking of Michael Oenning.
    Dutchman Stevens is currently out of work after being dismissed by Salzburg in April but is still highly regarded in Hamburg following a successful spell there in 2007-2008.
    He took over in February 2007 following the departure of Thomas Doll and guided the club out of the relegation zone and up to seventh. In his second season, Hamburg finished fourth.
    Stevens then left for PSV Eindhoven but admits he would now relish a return to the Imtech Arena.
    He told Voetbal International: "I am constantly called by German journalists and they tell me that I am the preferred candidate. But I have not yet been approached. HSV is a club that has stolen my heart.
    "I have been at home now for six months since leaving Salzburg. I have had offers from abroad but I am not just talking to any club. But if HSV call, I will definitely talk."
    Marco van Basten, Michael Laudrup, Horst Hrubesch and Morten Olsen have also been linked with the post.
    Oenning was sacked with Hamburg bottom of the Bundesliga having taken just one point from their opening six games.

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-09-11

    Hernandez suffered a 'bump' against Chelsea
    HERNANDEZ INJURY NOT SEVERE - AGENT

    Javier Hernandez will be back in training on Wednesday, according to the Manchester United striker's agent.
    The Mexican was injured following a late challenge by Ashley Cole in Sunday's 3-1 defeat of Chelsea.
    United boss Sir Alex Ferguson's immediate reaction was to rule Hernandez out for two weeks but there were fears the striker could be sidelined for much longer.
    However, after sending the 7million buy for scans on Monday, his agent said Hernandez has suffered nothing worse than a "bump" and the player will be back in training after Tuesday night's Carling Cup trip to Leeds.
    "Nothing, it's just a bump, nothing more," said Eduardo Hernandez.
    "It looked like (his absence) was longer, they were looking for a fracture, that's why they ran those tests on him.
    "I expect him to be training without incident on Wednesday."
    With fears of a long absence allayed, record signing Dimitar Berbatov is now expected to make his first start of the season at Elland Road.
    The Bulgarian secured a share of the Premier League's Golden Boot with Carlos Tevez last term but, thus far, has been restricted to just two substitute appearances, the latest as Hernandez's replacement at the weekend.

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-09-11

    Rossi: No contact with Inter about move to San Siro
    DELIO ROSSI REJECTS INTER RUMOURS

    Former Palermo coach Delio Rossi has rejected rumours linking him with a move to Inter Milan.
    Reports in Italy have suggested Inter have sounded out Rossi for the manager's job at the San Siro should they decide to axe Gian Piero Gasperini.
    Gasperini's position has been the subject of intense speculation following a poor start to the season with Inter yet to win in Serie A this term and also losing their opening game in the UEFA Champions League at home to Trabzonspor.
    Rossi, who is currently out of work, insists he has not been contacted by Inter about replacing Gasperini at the helm.
    "I was never contacted by Inter," Rossi told RMC. "I am not working out of choice, as the right proposal has not arrived to entice me.

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-09-11

    Belhadj: Interested in returning to English football
    BELHADJ EYES PREMIER LEAGUE RETURN

    Former Portsmouth wide-man Nadir Belhadj has set his sights on a move back to the Premier League.
    The versatile Algerian, who can play at left-back or on the wing, spent two seasons at Fratton Park from 2008 to 2010.
    He left to join Al-Sadd in Qatar following Pompey's relegation to the Championship and remains under contract for nearly two more years.
    However, he was linked with a return to England this summer and admits that is something he would like to happen in the future.
    "My contract here expires in June 2013," Belhadj, who has been connected with a move to Queens Park Rangers, told skysports.com.
    "For me I have unfinished business with the Premier League. I loved my time at Portsmouth.
    "Yes, we got relegated but we played in the final of an FA Cup and we almost won that cup. We missed a penalty before Chelsea scored the winning goal.
    "I have a contract here as I said so if a club want me they have to agree a fee with Al-Sadd and I will talk with them, but all players love the Premier League, I am no different."

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-09-11

    Sinclair: Happy to be playing regularly at Swansea
    SINCLAIR: BLUES NEGLECT YOUNGSTERS

    Scott Sinclair is adamant that he made the right decision to leave Chelsea for Swansea as he does not believe youngsters get much of a chance at Stamford Bridge.
    Sinclair spent five years with the Blues earlier in his career but was only granted limited opportunities to impress and had several loan spells elsewhere.
    He joined Swansea on a permanent basis last summer and thinks the move has really accelerated his development.
    The winger, 22, insists that he has no regrets about making the switch to Wales and has warned the young players still at Chelsea they face a tough challenge to play regularly.
    "Would I have got a chance at Chelsea under Andre Villas-Boas?" Sinclair, who is set to line up against his former club this Saturday, said in The Sun.
    "It depends what you mean by chance. To me, 10 minutes here and there is not a chance.
    "A chance is playing week in, week out.
    "They have some great quality youngsters but it's very difficult for them to get in."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-09-11

    Reja: Staying on as Lazio coach after offering to resign on Monday
    REJA STAYS WITH LAZIO

    Edy Reja has confirmed he will stay on as Lazio coach despite offering his resignation.
    Reja offered his resignation on Monday after being jeered by some fans during the home defeat to Genoa on Sunday.
    Lazio president Claudio Lotito rejected the offer and persuaded Reja to remain in charge at the Stadio Olimpico.
    Reja has revealed the issue has been resolved and he is focused on getting back to winning ways.
    "I had a meeting with the squad and the president. After some clarifications, we have decided to continue my adventure at Lazio," said Reja.
    "The discomfort is not in working here. The picture is good in Rome, it is just the frame that is rotten.
    "I must not only win, I must win big, and this can not be done."

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-09-11

    Bywater: Joins Owls on loan
    BYWATER LOANED TO OWLS

    Derby goalkeeper Stephen Bywater has joined Sheffield Wednesday on an emergency loan deal.
    The 30-year-old will stay at Hillsbrorough until 17 December after falling out of favour at Pride Park.
    The former England U21 international started last season as first-choice stopper at County but was loaned out to Cardiff following the arrival of Frank Fielding on loan from Blackburn.
    And with the England youngster signing a permanent deal in the summer, Bywater's first-team chances have become further restricted.
    Bywater will bring a wealth of experience to the League One side having amassed 280 senior starts between the sticks.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 20-09-11

    Izaguiree: Hoping to play for Celtic in Europa League action
    EMILIO IZAGUIRRE ON THE MEND

    Celtic's injured full-back Emilio Izaguirre has handed manager Neil Lennon a fitness boost by resuming light training.
    The Honduras international defender was ruled out for six months earlier this season after breaking his ankle against in a 1-0 win at Aberdeen.
    Izaguirre is now without crutches, but it is will still be a long and gruelling recovery for last season's Player of the Year.
    The 25-year-old is staying optimistic on his recovery schedule and he is hoping to at least feature in the club's Europa League campaign this term.
    "I think about getting back playing every single day. I'm on a seven-week recovery programme now and the crutches have gone," explained Izaguirre.
    "My big aim is to play in the Europa League this season because I want to experience European football.
    "This has been the worst injury of my entire career. The injury happened on a Sunday and the operation took place on the Thursday. It was a very difficult time for me.
    "When I heard how long I would be out for I was really disappointed but the only good thing has been that it has allowed me to spend a lot more time with my family.
    "Maybe God thought I needed to spend more time with my son? These things happen for a reason. Also, I'm very grateful for the support of the Celtic fans.
    "They were great, particularly in the early days of injury and I would love to repay their support. I hope I can do that by getting back playing as soon as possible."
    "Celtic will recover from the bad results we've been picking up lately," he continued.
    "Our priority this season is to win the league and that is what drives us on. This season we must win the championship."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 14-08-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15-08-2011, 00:09:07
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 10-08-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 23:38:48
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 09-08-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 23:41:28
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 20-06-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 19:41:58
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 29-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-04-2011, 16:02:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •