Louise Duffy ©RapidTVNews | 21-09-2011

FremantleMedia has promoted Paul O’Hanlon, currently executive producer, production and development with FremantleMedia Australia (FMA), to the position of managing director, Asia.

In his new role, he will be responsible for the business performance of FremantleMedia’s production operations in Asia, and will report to Ian Hogg, CEO Asia Pacific. O’Hanlon will be based in Singapore and will start his new role in October.

Ian Hogg, CEO Asia Pacific, FremantleMedia, said: “FremantleMedia has a thriving business in Asia with more than 45 local formats in production this year alone. Paul will oversee the current production slate as well as driving new business, creatively and commercially, across Asia. He has an intuitive understanding of the region, with extensive experience and great success in both management and production, and I look forward to working with him to further enhance FremantleMedia’s industry leading presence in this vibrant region”.

Paul O’Hanlon, managing director, Asia, FremantleMedia, said: “I have a long-held passion for the Asian television market and this new role is a unique and exciting opportunity to further FremantleMedia’s growth in the region. I’ll be focusing on the development process and our drive to create and inspire new, innovative programming in this diverse and dynamic part of the world. This role in Asia also provides me with the opportunity to collaborate with Ian, the talented team on the ground and our worldwide network on our most successful global franchises”.