Jörn Krieger ©RapidTVNews | 26-09-2011

Zodiak Rights, the international division of Zodiak Media Group, has acquired the new primetime challenge show format "You've Got To Be Kidding Me!" from I&U TV Production, marking Zodiak Rights' first acquisition deal with the German production company.

In the 90-minute show, the country's most talented kids compete with local stars from the fields of music, sports and culture while a panel of celebrities bets on the outcome for a chance to win a cash prize for the charity of their choice.

"Small vs Big", the local German title for the format, premiered in Germany on public broadcaster ARD in June 2011 with an average audience of 6.13 million viewers making it the most watched programme that evening. The success of the first one-off special has resulted in a re-commission which will go into production in November 2011.

"We are delighted to be partnering with Zodiak Rights on this new entertainment format and look forward to working with them to roll it out internationally," said Andreas Zaik, editor-in-chief and CEO of I&U TV Production.

The primetime family format will be launched at this year's MIPCOM show in Cannes. Zodiak Rights owns the worldwide rights excluding Germany