Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 29-09-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 29-09-11

Latest Transfer Update at 29-09-11

Carlos Tevez: Suspended
    CARLOS TEVEZ SUSPENDED BY MAN CITY

Carlos Tevez has been suspended for two weeks by Manchester City.
    The Blues confirmed the news on Wednesday evening following a telephone conference involving senior staff, including chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak.
    It comes in the wake of Tevez's refusal to play against Bayern Munich on Tuesday night and seems certain to be the start of a drawn-out disciplinary process that will end a stormy two-year period with the club.
    "Manchester City can confirm that striker Carlos Tevez has been suspended until further notice for a maximum period of two weeks," said a short statement released by City on Wednesday evening.
    "The player's suspension is pending a full review into his alleged conduct during Tuesday evening's 2-0 defeat to Bayern Munich.
    "The player will not be considered for selection or take part in training whilst the review is under way."
    "
    The "misunderstanding" apparently came down to Tevez's belief that when Mancini asked him to warm up, prior to a potential introduction, the forward felt he was already prepared, having only just returned to his seat in the visitors' dug-out at the Allianz Arena.
    It is also suggested Tevez was willing to play, something Mancini vehemently denies, a stance which has left Khaldoon with no option other than to back his manager strongly, knowing the Italian would be seriously undermined if he failed.
    "He (Mancini) has dealt with it in the way he thinks is right," said assistant manager David Platt. "I think he is right.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 29-09-11

Dean Saunders: Looking to boost Doncaster's squad
    SAUNDERS: THERE'S NO LIMIT

Doncaster boss Dean Saunders will keep asking for new players until chairman John Ryan says no.
    The Welshman is looking to boost Rovers' squad after taking four points from his first two matches in charge and he admits there is currently no limit to his potential transfer activity.
    He said: "I'm going to just putting them to the chairman and wait until he says no."
    Saunders admits he could be forced to let players leave if he is successful in his endeavours to bring in new recruits - with Pascal Chimbonda already set to join the club on a short-term deal.
    "I've said to the ones who aren't playing to just be patient with me.
    "I'm going to give you a chance to show what you can do and then I'll make my decision on who we could let go because we'll have to let a couple go if we get some in."

Uploads

George Friend: Praise from Dean Saunders
    DONNY HAVE A FRIEND IN GEORGE

Doncaster manager Dean Saunders knows defender George Friend could attract interest from other clubs if he continues to impress.
    The former Wolves man has been one of the bright spots in a disappointing season at the Keepmoat Stadium and Saunders has plenty of praise for the 23-year-old.
    "He's hard to beat one v one and he's real nice lad, good professional and he's had two good games for me.
    "He's just got to keep it going now because if he keeps playing like that he won't be here long.
    "He's just a natural athlete and good footballer.
    "He's got a great left foot but you can see he's got a bit of desire and determination and looks like he wants to win."

Uploads

Beckham: Expected to return to the Premier League
    QPR EXPECT DAVID BECKHAM SNUB

QPR remain keen on signing David Beckham, but know they are unlikely to be his first choice.
    The Premier League side are one of the clubs hoping they can land the 36-year-old on loan in the New Year.
    LA Galaxy midfielder Beckham is keen to return to England during the MLS off-season and would favour a switch to the capital.
    Rangers could offer him that opportunity and owner Tony Fernandes has outlined ambitious plans for the club.
    They are, however, a work in progress and appreciate that they have some way to go before they can lure the biggest names in football to Loftus Road.
    Vice-chairman Amit Bhatia admits as much, with it expected that Beckham will head to Tottenham - where he trained last season - should be return to the Premier League and chase his 2012 Olympic dream.
    "Would we like to have him? Most certainly," said Bhatia.
    "Have Tony and I discussed it? Yes.
    "I am just not sure it's a real possibility. We would like to sign people of Beckham's calibre. I am just not certain Beckham would choose to come to us as a newly-promoted side.
    "If he came to London, maybe he'd choose a bigger club like Spurs."

Uploads

John Jensen: Leaves Ewood Park.
    JOHN JENSEN TO LEAVE BLACKBURN

Blackburn assistant manager John Jensen is to leave his position with Rovers, the club have confirmed.
    The Dane joined Steve Kean's coaching staff in January on an initial six-month deal.
    His contract was extended in May but the 46-year-old former Arsenal midfielder is to cut short his stay.
    "John Jensen is to leave his position as assistant manager with Blackburn Rovers," said a statement on the club's website.
    "The club would like to thank John for his efforts over the last nine months and offer him best wishes for the future."

Uploads

Distin: Happy with one-year deal.
    DISTIN DENIES DEAL DEMANDS

Sylvain Distin has rubbished reports suggesting he is holding out for a new two-year contract at Everton.
    It was claimed that discussions regarding a new deal with the French defender had stalled as he waited on an improved offer.
    A one-year extension has been tabled by the Toffees and they are hoping the terms will be acceptable to Distin.
    The 34-year-old, whose current deal expires at the end of the current campaign, insists he would be happy to sign and commit his future to the club.
    "I read today in the newspaper that I was asking for a two-year contract. I am not sure where that has come from but it is completely untrue, and I would like to rectify that," Distin said in the Liverpool Echo.
    "I am happy with one year. If Everton want to give me two then that is all good, but I am really happy with one."
    Distin has been at Goodison Park since 2009 and has been a regular throughout his time on Merseyside.
    He appears certain to start Saturday's derby date with Liverpool and claims he is looking forward to lining up against the Reds' in-form frontman Luis Suarez.
    "Luis seems to be a great player, an amazing player with great quality who can score goals. But he won't be the first great striker I have played against," he said.
    "I have been here for 10 years, I don't know how many games I have played, but I have played against players like Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer, Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka, Fernando Torres. I could give you 20 or 50 names of top strikers I have played against.
    "I played against (Edin) Dzeko and (Sergio) Aguero last weekend, so it is just going to be another good challenge, and one which I will enjoy. I can't wait.
    "I actually think Aguero and Suarez are very similar in the way they are built physically and the way they play. It will be another good test."
    Watch Everton v Liverpool live on Sky Sports 2 and HD2 from 1245 BST on Saturday.

Uploads

Roberto Carlos: In interim charge.
    ANZHI FIRE COACH GADZHIEV

Anzhi Makhachkala today sacked coach Gadzhi Gadzhiev after he failed to meet the expectations of the club's billionaire owner.
    Anzhi lie seventh in the Russian Premier League with five games remaining, not enough to save Gadzhiev from the axe.
    A club statement, reported by the RIA Novosti news agency, read: "The leadership of FC Anzhi has taken the decision to release head coach Gadzhi Gadzhiev from his post.
    "The club expresses gratitude to the coach for the work done, and hopes that the experience and knowledge of [Gadzhiev] will yet serve to develop the club and football in Dagestan."
    Club owner Sulieman Kerimov has spent a vast amount transforming the squad.
    Samuel Eto'o arrived from Inter Milan in August in a deal which reportedly made him the highest-paid player in the world while the likes of Roberto Carlos, Balazs Dzsudzsak and Yury Zhirkov have all been recruited.
    Former Brazil left-back Roberto Carlos and Gadzhiev's former assistant Andrei Gordeev have been placed in interim charge.

Uploads

Kaka celebrates against Ajax.
    KAKA KEPT THE FAITH AT REAL MADRID

Kaka insists he never gave up on his desire for success at Real Madrid despite a difficult start to his career in Spain after the rejuvenated Brazilian starred in the 3-0 Champions League win over Ajax.
    The former AC Milan midfielder scored one goal and set up the other two as he demonstrated the skill that prompted Real to fork out a world record 56million in the summer of 2009.
    Since then, however, the World Cup winner has endured a torrid time through injury and has failed to hold down a first-team spot - but he is now showing signs of being back to his best.
    The former world player of the year is adamant he had never considered leaving the Bernabeu and was fully committed to succeeding with Jose Mourinho.
    Kaka said: "I am indebted to Real Madrid and the club. It would be very easy to have gone, but that is why I I raised my game.
    "I have a dream of winning with Madrid which I want to realise. "
    The 29-year-old also paid tribute to the support he received from manager Mourinho and Real president Florentino Perez, who had always wanted him to stay.
    He said: "After the game (Perez) gave me a hug and congratulated me.
    "He always supported me in bad times. Many have said they wanted to sell, but he said he would not and kept his word. I owe a lot to the president."
    "Three parties decided. I do not want to leave, Mourinho did not want me to go and the club did not want to sell."

Uploads

Pleat: Stepping down from part-time role
    DAVID PLEAT LEAVES NOTTINGHAM FOREST

Nottingham Forest have confirmed that David Pleat is to step down from his part-time role as football consultant.
    The move is part of a restructuring of backroom resources at the City Ground that has seen Keith Burt promoted from chief scout to director of recruitment and scouting.
    Nottingham-born Pleat was part of Forest's much-discussed and much-criticised transfer acquisitions panel after joining the club to help former manager Colin Calderwood in 2006.
    "We feel that the structure we have developed with Keith in his full-time role is well placed to take the club forward," chief executive Mark Arthur told Forest's official website.
    "I would like to thank David for the enormous contribution he has made in his consultancy role which has seen the club celebrate promotion and reach the play-offs on three occasions.
    "David remains a friend of Nottingham Forest and will always be welcome at the City Ground."

Uploads

Doyle: Staying at Wolves until 2015.
    KEVIN DOYLE SIGNS NEW WOLVES DEAL

Wolves striker Kevin Doyle has signed a new contract to keep him at the club until June 2015.
    The 28-year-old Republic of Ireland international had two years remaining on his previous deal, but has now put pen to paper on a longer-term agreement to remain at Molineux.
    "It's great news that Kevin has signed the new contract and his future is now secured for another four years," manager Mick McCarthy told the club's website.
    "He has been a key player for us in maintaining our Premier League status over the last two seasons when he has made a major contribution.
    "From day one when he arrived he settled at the club and has been the consummate professional in the way he plays and also conducts himself off the pitch.
    "He remains a big part of what we are trying to achieve here, and we are delighted that he has agreed to extend his stay."
    The club's joint record signing, who has scored 18 goals in 74 appearances since joining from Reading in June 2009, revealed he had agreed to sign a new deal on the first day of pre-season.
    "I'm delighted to have signed the new contract," he told the club website.
    "It's something we've talked about for a while and to be honest it's been agreed for a while between myself and the manager and it was just a case of everything getting it all sorted.
    "I don't really think there was anything in the speculation this summer.
    "I'd actually spoken to the gaffer on the very first day of pre-season when we talked about this contract and I was keen to get it done.
    "I am very happy here and am just looking forward to carrying on with the season."
    He added: "From the day I arrived I have settled at Wolves really well and everything has felt right.
    "It's been exciting in first of all staying up and then doing it again last year, even if it's also been very nerve-wracking at times.
    "There have been setbacks along the way but it's also been a successful time and I think the club has always moved forward which is the most important thing.
    "When you look around at what is being done with the stadium and the plans for the training ground you can see a long term plan in place which is exciting to be part of.
    "The new stand already looks fantastic and it's only halfway there while there are plans to improve the others as well which should really make this a great place to be.
    "There is a real feeling that the club is going places and I'm looking forward to being a part of it."
    Of the challenges ahead over the next four years, Doyle added: "We know that this league is very tough and that we have to make sure we stay in the division, first and foremost.
    "There are exciting plans here for the next four years and you can see the club wants to develop and consolidate.
    "There will be setbacks along the way - sometimes we may take two steps forward and then one back - but the club is going to get better.
    "Hopefully in four years' time we will see Wolves as a club that is consolidated in the top division but we know that will take a lot of hard work to continue what has already started."