Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 03-10-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 03-10-11

Latest Transfer Update at 03-10-11

Carlo Ancelotti: Eyeing Prem jobs
    ANCELOTTI EYES PREMIER RETURN

Former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is eager to manage another top club in the Barclays Premier League.
    The 52-year-old Italian has been out of a job since being dismissed by the Blues in May after two seasons at the helm.
    "I have a strong will to remain in England," Ancelotti told Italian newspaper La Repubblica. "For a coach, this is the ideal country.
    "But I would only consider (coaching) top clubs, including Tottenham and Liverpool.
    "It's evident that (Arsenal manager Arsene) Wenger's bench is wobbling and that in several months' time, an English coach will be appointed to replace (England manager Fabio) Capello in the national team, which will free up a place in a club."
    Capello is under contract with England until the Euro 2012 tournament.
    Ancelotti, who was linked this summer with a move to Roma, is happy to play the waiting game.
    "I am in no hurry, I promise," he said. "The fact that I'm not coaching does not cause me anguish. In fact, I am enjoying life."
    Returning to guide a Premier League club would grant Ancelotti the opportunity to once again go head to head with Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson - for whom he has great respect.
    "As time goes on, the more I fall in love with Ferguson," Ancelotti said. "As a coach, he is unusual.
    "It's not as if he guides the training sessions because he delegates a lot and has an excellent staff.
    "But he understands football like few do. With him, all the players improve.
    "He has no fear of introducing youngsters. United play a European style of football, a modern style.
    "But above all, Ferguson is a great person and he is humble."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 03-10-11

Keith Millen: Has left Ashton Gate
    BRISTOL CITY AXE KEITH MILLEN

Championship basement side Bristol City have confirmed the departure of their manager Keith Millen.
    The Robins sank to the bottom of the table at the weekend after being hammered 5-0 at Blackpool.
    And with just one win from the opening 10 games, the club have decided to take action by removing Millen.
    Chairman Colin Sexstone said: "I'd like to place on record my thanks to Keith for his 12 years of service at the club. He is an outstanding coach and we wish him all the very best for the future."
    Millen first joined Bristol City as a player in 1999, he later became a youth coach before moving up the ranks and finally being appointed manager of the club last year - succeeding Steve Coppell.
    Millen is the second Championship manager to leave their club in the space of 24 hours after Steve McClaren departed Nottingham Forest.
    Former Cardiff manager Dave Jones is reportedly an early contender for the position.

Uploads

Steve McClaren: Has resigned as Forest manager
    STEVE McCLAREN REVEALS QUIT MOTIVE

Steve McClaren claims he stepped down as Nottingham Forest manager because they didn't share his ambition.
    The former England boss quit the City Ground post on Sunday after seeing the Reds beaten 3-1 at home by Birmingham in the Championship.
    That defeat, Forest's sixth of the season, proved the final straw as McClaren opted to walk away from a role he had held for less than four months.
    His arrival as Billy Davies' replacement over the summer was greeted with scepticism from some supporters, but he was expected to build on the foundations put down by his predecessor.
    McClaren encountered the same problems in the transfer market that had annoyed Davies, though, with an apparent lack of backing from the club's board leaving him frustrated.
    "I resigned - they don't share the ambition that I came for," said McClaren.
    An eventful evening on Trentside also saw owner Nigel Doughty announce his intention to step down as chairman at the end of the season.
    Having been the target of pre and post-match protests, he is prepared to stand aside.
    Doughty has pumped millions into the club during his decade at the helm, but concedes that his decision to appoint McClaren was not one of his better calls.
    "We should have been more thorough when we appointed Steve," he said. "I just felt it was a bad decision all round."

Uploads

Gus Poyet: Looking for 'a solution'
    POYET CONSIDERING REINFORCEMENTS

Brighton manager Gus Poyet could dip into the loan market to arrest his side's recent slump.
    The Seagulls, who were on top of the Championship table three weeks ago, have lost three and drawn one of their last four matches to slip down to fifth.
    "We have got to change and I have now got time to think about it," Poyet told Brighton's official website. "Maybe we need some new players.
    "We need to search for a solution because it is not good enough at the moment.
    "We have got to show that we can do it every week, and play for for the whole game every week."

Uploads

EVERTON TO LAND BRADFORD STARLET

Everton have agreed a deal to land Bradford City starlet George Green, beating almost every other Premier League club to his signature.
    The 15-year-old midfielder is regarded as one of the top prospects in the country, and a number of clubs have been tracking him.
    But now he is set to join the Toffees in a deal which could eventually be worth 2million to the Bantams.
    Bradford City's head of football development Archie Christie confirmed to the Telegraph & Argus that the deal had been agreed.
    "This is one of the highest deals ever for a 15-year-old from a League Two club," he said.
    "But George is the best I've seen in his position at his age. He could become another Wayne Rooney or Paul Gascoigne."

Uploads

Daniele De Rossi: Was linked with Man City
    FENUCCI HOPEFUL OVER DE ROSSI

Roma administrator Claudio Fenucci remains cautiously optimistic that midfielder Daniele De Rossi will extend his contract with the Serie A outfit.
    The Italy international, who was a reported target of Manchester City this summer, has been locked in talks with Roma about a new deal for the last six months with his current contract expiring at the end of the season.
    "It's not an easy negotiation," Fenucci said to Radio Rai. "It's an important deal and we have been discussing it over the summer.
    "We have been able to define certain issues but, regarding the fixed amount [wages], there is still some distance.
    "In any case, the will is there to reduce that difference in order to reach an agreement.
    "Time is needed. Daniele is a great player, an excellent professional and this has been recognised.
    "The club has an economic project. It has a revenue that is half of what the other three big [Serie A] clubs have and it has to work towards increasing the income."
    Reports in Rome claim the 28-year-old De Rossi wants his wages increased to 6.5 million euros per year.

Uploads

Dean Saunders: Watching Goulon
    DONNY TAKE A LOOK AT GOULON

Doncaster have handed Blackburn midfielder Herold Goulon a week's trial.
    The 23-year-old only moved to Ewood Park a year ago but has been given permission to talk to other clubs.
    "He played in the reserve game last week and he's coming in for a week's training," Doncaster boss Dean Saunders told The Sheffield Star.
    "Blackburn have given him permission to come and train with us and and, if I think that he is better than what we've got, I'll try and do something about it.
    "In the situation we are in, we've got to try and persuade players that if they play for Doncaster they are in the shop window.
    "If they want to play in the Premiership it's no use not playing wherever they are, they may as well come and play for us and, if we are lucky, they might stay."

Uploads

Bernd Leno: Currently on loan
    LABBADIA WANTS LENO BACK

Stuttgart coach Bruno Labbadia wants teenage goalkeeper Bernd Leno to return to the club and battle for a first-team spot when his loan deal with Bayer Leverkusen expires in January.
    The 19-year-old moved between the two Bundesliga clubs in the summer to plug a gap caused by an injury to Leverkusen's Rene Adler, and is due to return to Stuttgart at the end of his loan spell early next year.
    His performances for Leverkusen may well have convinced them to try to sign him on a permanent deal, but Labbadia would not like to see that happen.
    "At the moment, we have the agreement that Leno will stay in Leverkusen until the winter and then he will come back," Labbadia told Sport1 television.
    "I would definitely like to keep hold of him."
    Leno would then rival Sven Ulreich for the role of first-choice keeper for Stuttgart, and Labbadia says that would be a welcome scenario.
    "We would have an excellent situation in terms of goalkeepers," he said.
    "When Bernd comes back, of course we want to intensify the battle for places."
    Labbadia already has good experience of what an intense battle for the number one jersey can achieve.
    Shortly after taking over as coach last season, he dropped Ulreich for an important Europa League fixture with Marc Ziegler preferred.
    Although Ziegler was injured in that game and did not return at all that season, Ulreich's form improved substantially and he made numerous important saves to help the club avoid relegation.

Uploads

Eddie Howe: To take a look at Naylor
    BURNLEY TAKE STAGS STARLET ON TRIAL

Burnley have taken Mansfield defender Tom Naylor on a week's trial and signed Irish teenager Luke Gallagher on a scholarship deal.
    Naylor, 20, has been linked with several clubs including Fulham, Derby and Bournemouth.
    Mansfield boss Paul Cox told the club's official website: "This will probably be Tom's final opportunity [on a trial].
    "We want Tom here if no club is to meet our valuation."
    Midfielder Gallagher, 17, has joined the Clarets from Dublin club Cherry Orchard on a two-year scholarship deal.

Uploads

Hugo Lloris: New deal done
    LLORIS LANDS LYON EXTENSION

France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has signed a two-year contract extension to keep him at Lyon until summer 2015.
    The 24-year-old joins Michel Bastos in committing himself to Les Gones, the Brazilian wing-back having penned a similar long-term deal last week.
    A statement on www.olweb.fr read: "Olympique Lyonnais is pleased to announce the contract extension of Hugo Lloris, who has committed to two more seasons with the OL.
    "Olympique Lyonnais welcomes his commitment over the long term, as with Michel Bastos few days ago, which further supports the policy and the new dynamics of the club."
    Lloris arrived at the Stade Gerland in 2008 and has since won 26 caps for Les Bleus and twice been named best keeper in Ligue 1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast