Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 04-10-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 04-10-11

Latest Transfer Update at 04-10-11

Hendrick (right): Set to be offered a new contract
    HENDRICK IN LINE FOR DERBY DEAL

Derby manager Nigel Clough is keen to reward teenage midfielder Jeff Hendrick for his impact this season with a new contract.
    Hendrick has started the Rams' last eight games and recently scored the winner in the local derby with Nottingham Forest.
    The club have recently given new deals to two other youngsters, Mark O'Brien and John Brayford, and Clough believes Hendrick also merits a fresh contract.
    "We have a policy at the club or rewarding young players once we have identified that these are the sort of lads we want around," Clough told the Derby Telegraph.
    "We have done this already with Mark O'Brien and John Brayford - and Jeff will be no different.
    "He has done really well for us."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 04-10-11

Steve Kean: Under fire from some fans
    BLACKBURN TO PLOT WAY FORWARD

Steve Kean could discover his future at Blackburn this week when the club's owners hold discussions regarding the problems at Ewood Park.
    Since succeeding the sacked Sam Allardyce last December, the Scot has lost 15 out of 32 games as Rovers boss and on Saturday his team were thrashed 4-0 at home by Manchester City.
    Angry Blackburn fans protested against the manager during the defeat to City and some held 'Kean out' banners to display their dissatisfaction at events over the past 10 months.
    And Venkatesh Rao, who co-owns the club with brother Balaji Rao and sister Anuradha Desai via the Venky's company, recognises it is time to plan the best way forward.
    He told Sky Sports News: "I have spoken with Steve and we are working on our weak points.
    "We are going to sit down over the next week and have a very big discussion over this.
    "And I am sure we are going into the depth of it. Believe me, myself, my sister, my brother, all of us, are going to sit and have long chat and come out with some plan of action."
    Rao also welcomed the protests from Blackburn fans because he believes it provides the club with an interactive relationship.
    Asked if it is important for Rovers supporters to have a voice, he said: "Absolutely, because we also know where we stand.
    "If the fans are happy, we are happy. As I have been telling, it is like a family and we should know what the fans totally feel about it.
    "Especially, we like to have their voice. Also, it is very important for the club and the feel of the club.
    "And also I think it is an open interaction, so we know exactly where we are going wrong, where we are doing good and where we can improve ourselves."

Uploads

Owen Coyle: Determined to get things right
    OWEN COYLE REMAINS DEFIANT

Under-pressure Bolton boss Owen Coyle has vowed to ride out the storm at the Reebok Stadium and get the team back on track.
    Coyle has come under fire from some Trotters fans after their side slipped to the bottom of the Premier League table.
    Bolton have lost their last six league games, including the 5-1 hammering at home to Chelsea last weekend.
    The pressure is growing on Coyle, but the Scot insists he will meet the challenge head on to try and get Bolton out of trouble.
    "Everywhere I have been I have fought my corner and I have never run away from a scrap in my life," Coyle told the Daily Star.
    "We can stand here and apportion blame to everyone else, but that's not what it's about. I'm the manager. I pick the team, so I'll deal with it."

Uploads

Kolarov: Insists he never branded Tevez 'an idiot'
    KOLAROV DENIES TEVEZ 'IDIOT' JIBE

Aleksandar Kolarov insists reports claiming he branded Manchester City team-mate Carlos Tevez 'an idiot' for apparently refusing to play are wide of the mark.
    The Argentine striker is reported to have refused to step off the bench during City's recent Champions League clash with Bayern Munich, though he claims it was down to a misunderstanding.
    Blues boss Roberto Mancini was left fuming by the incident, saying he considered Tevez's time at the club to be 'finished'.
    Micah Richards became the first City player to give his take on proceedings over the weekend, admitting he felt Tevez was in the wrong.
    With the striker having been suspended, and with an internal investigation ongoing, the club have attempted to steer clear of discussing the matter.
    It was, however, reported that Kolarov had criticised Tevez's actions during the club's trip to Munich.
    But the Serbian full-back has rubbished those claims and admits he is keen to avoid further fanning the flames by offering his opinion.
    "It is really not true that I said that word to him," Kolarov told Mondo.
    "I don't want to comment any more about this because I'm afraid that I will get misunderstood again."
    City's French playmaker, Samir Nasri, is also keen to avoid being dragged into the Tevez row, but admits that the Blues squad can understand why the club have taken action against their fiery South American forward.
    He said: "After we got back, the manager had a meeting with the players. He explained the situation and everything was fine.
    "We understood the decision but we don't want to get involved too much. We just want to move on and play our football.
    "That's what we do best so we'll focus on that."

Uploads

Martin O'Neill: Has been linked with Forest
    ROBERTSON: O'NEILL WANTS RETURN

Martin O'Neill's long-time assistant manager John Robertson claims the Northern Irishman is keen to get back into management and would be willing to listen to offers.
    Robertson has worked with O'Neill throughout his managerial career, with the pair having enjoyed successful spells at Leicester, Celtic and Aston Villa.
    The pair have been out of the game since parting company with Villa in August 2010 and O'Neill has been linked with the vacant post at his former club Nottingham Forest after the departure of Steve McClaren.
    Robertson told the Daily Express: "Martin will come back.
    "He is very good at the job and football needs people like him. His career has been very successful.
    "I talk to Martin all the time, and I spoke with him last week. I know he wants to come back.
    "It would have to be the right club, one where he would have a chance of achieving success. But if a club made the offer, Martin would look at it seriously."

Uploads

Herita Ilunga: Doncaster deal
    DONCASTER DEAL FOR ILUNGA

West Ham defender Herita Ilunga has joined fellow npower Championship outfit Doncaster on a three-month loan deal.
    The 29-year-old full-back brings a wealth of experience to the Keepmoat Stadium, having represented St Etienne and Toulouse before joining the Hammers on loan in 2008.
    He established himself as a first-team regular for the then-Premier League side after making a permanent move to Upton Park in 2009, but has fallen behind George McCartney in manager Sam Allardyce's pecking order this season.
    Ilunga has represented Congo 19 times and will remain with Doncaster until January 3.
    He becomes Dean Saunders' second signing after former Tottenham defender Pascal Chimbonda joined the Yorkshire outfit on a short-term deal last week.

Uploads

Chris Wood: Happy at Birmingham
    WOOD EYES FURTHER BLUES STAY

Chris Wood has stressed his desire to extend his loan stay at Birmingham having enjoyed a prolific spell at St Andrew's to date.
    The West Brom striker, 19, ended the second month of his spell across the midlands with a brace in Sunday's 3-1 victory at Nottingham Forest.
    It took Wood's tally to eight goals in 11 games, making him by far and away the club's leading scorer this term. And the New Zealand international is hoping Blues and Albion can now come to an agreement over the coming days to prolong his time under Chris Hughton.
    "I would love to be here for longer," Wood told the Birmingham Mail. "But it's down to the two clubs now for them to decide what's best for them and what's best for my future.
    "They will be talking over the next few days and we'll see how it goes from there. I'll have a little bit of input but it's out of my hands. Both clubs know I want to stay here and kick on."

Uploads

Buck: Looking to buy out shares in Stamford Bridge
    CHELSEA FANS WANT BRIDGE STAY

Chelsea are facing pressure from their fans to stay at Stamford Bridge.
    The Blues unveiled plans on Monday which could see them leave the ground they have occupied for the last 106 years.
    Blues chairman Bruce Buck revealed on Monday that the club had offered to buy out the 15,000 shares owned by fans in a group called the Chelsea Pitch Owners (CPO).
    The CPO bought the shares in the pitch and the stands at Stamford Bridge in 1993 when then-owner Ken Bates was trying to stave off the threat from property developers in the plush area of south-west London.
    Although Chelsea were keen to stress that they had not yet decided whether they should leave Stamford Bridge, chairman Bruce Buck said his hopes of renovating the stadium were "doubtful" after several years spent looking into its feasibility.
    The club are looking at other sites in Battersea and Earls Court and have promised the CPO members that if they agree to sell their shares, the club will not move more than three miles away from their current home before 2020.
    CPO members will vote on October 27 whether they intend to sell their shares to club owner Roman Abramovich, but there was mounting concern about any potential move from Stamford Bridge on Tuesday.
    Fans forums were awash with comments criticising the plan, and although some agreed a change of home would be beneficial, a Facebook page called Save the Bridge was set up where supporters aired their concerns.
    One fan wrote: "CPO shareholders should remember why they bought their shares in the first place" and another posted: "CFC have been at Stamford Bridge 106yrs; CPO been running 18yrs; Abramovich has been here 8 years. But (we have) only 24 days to decide the future of Stamford Bridge. Why?"
    But another fan countered on Twitter: "I think if £CPO reject the proposal, surely that's like spitting in Roman's face after (all) he's done for the club."
    Chelsea insist it is entirely up to the CPO members to decide whether they want to sell their shares.
    Buck revealed on Monday that if the CPO do decide to sell, their shareholders will receive priority for season tickets and will have their names written on a "walk of honour" at any new stadium.

Uploads

Van Bommel: Would be welcomed back by PSV
    PSV WOULD WELCOME BACK VAN BOMMEL

PSV Eindhoven chief Marcel Brands says Mark van Bommel would be welcome back at the club if he chooses to return to the Netherlands.
    Van Bommel is currently plying his trade in Serie A with reigning champions AC Milan but is out of contract at the San Siro at the end of the season.
    The 34-year-old midfielder enjoyed a six-year stint in Eindhoven before leaving for Barcelona in 2005.
    And technical manager Brands says he would be glad to have the Holland ace if he decides to make an emotional homecoming.
    "Van Bommel is welcome," he told InsideFutbol.
    Brands stressed that PSV are yet to make contact with the midfielder, who joined the Rossoneri in January this year.
    He added: "As a club, we can speak with the player six months before the expiry of his contract, but we've not made Mark an offer."

Uploads

Marco van Basten: Linked with Ajax return
    CRUYFF WOULD WELCOME VAN BASTEN

Ajax advisor Johan Cruyff is keen for Marco van Basten to return to the club.
    Reports in Holland suggest Van Basten, who played for the Amsterdammers with great distinction and then managed them less successfully in the 2008/09 season, has been offered the role of technical director at the ArenA.
    Cruyff and Van Basten had their disagreements during Van Basten's coaching tenure but the former Barcelona man is confident they can work together should the latter opt to join the club for a third time.
    He told AD Sportwereld: "We have often sat together and talked. For us as former footballers, it is important to work with intelligent people.
    "We always remained friends and sometimes friends have disagreements.
    "When two intelligent people have a different opinion, they can both never be 100% right."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast