Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 11-10-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 11-10-11

Latest Transfer Update at 11-10-11

Craig Brown: Northern Ireland link rubbished
    CRAIG BROWN RUBBISHES N.I. LINK

Aberdeen boss Craig Brown has dismissed claims that he could replace Nigel Worthington as manager of Northern Ireland.
    Reports suggested Brown would be offered the job after Worthington decided to stand down following the team's failure to qualify for Euro 2012.
    But Brown has quashed the speculation by telling the Evening Express: "The story is complete and utter rubbish."
    IFA president Jim Shaw admitted that Motherwell skipper Stephen Craigan is on the shortlist which is also believed to include Martin O'Neill, Jim Magilton and Iain Dowie.
    "Stephen Craigan is in the mix and we won't be ruling anyone in or out at this stage," Shaw told the Daily Record.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 11-10-11

Dean Leacock: Told he can go
    DERBY PAIR IN SHOP WINDOW

Derby boss Nigel Clough is ready to let Dean Leacock and Stephen Pearson leave the club.
    The Rams pair, who are out of contract at the end of the season, are set to return to action after respective knee and abdominal problems.
    And Clough will tell them to put themselves in the shop window when they turn out for the reserves against Nottingham Forest on Wednesday.
    "They are just starting their comebacks now, realistically with a view to getting a couple of games and being available for loan, with a view to a permanent move in January," Clough said.
    Defender Chris Riggott will also turn out for the second string as he builds his match fitness following an Achilles injury.

Uploads

Daniel Alfei: Highly rated
    ALFEI SET FOR LOAN MOVE

Swansea are ready to loan out Daniel Alfei in a bid to get the young defender some regular playing time.
    Having recently inked a new three-year deal with the Premier League new-boys, Alfei is highly rated by Swans boss Brendan Rodgers.
    Alfei feels ready for a stint away from the Liberty Stadium in the pursuit of first-team football, with it not expected that he will be short of suitors.
    Despite being named man of the match on his Swans debut in January when starring in a 4-0 FA Cup win over Colchester, Alfei has not quite forced his way into Rodgers' first XI.
    Alfei is the current captain of the Wales Under-21 side and is tipped to win full honurs in the not too distant future.

Uploads

Thorsten Fink: Linked with Hamburg
    THORSTEN WOULD FINK OVER HAMBURG

Basle boss Thorsten Fink has confirmed he would consider an approach from managerless Hamburg.
    The former Bayern Munich midfielder is understood to be at the top of Hamburg's wishlist to replace Michael Oenning, who was sacked last month, and Monday's announcement that Hamburg director of sport Frank Arnesen will take charge of first-team affairs in the meantime could buy them time to get their man.
    Basle have already made it clear that Fink, whose contract runs until 2013, is not available, but the man himself suggested he would be keen to hear what the Bundesliga club have to say.
    "As things stand right now, I presume that I will be fulfilling my contract with Basle, but I don't know what else could happen," he told Switzerland's Blick newspaper.
    "Football is a fast-moving business and I never want to come across as being a liar.
    "HSV are a great club and their interest is a confirmation of my work. It is only logical that you have to consider such a thing."
    Fink has led Basle to two Swiss titles and his stock grew further when his side impressed in their Champions League clash with Manchester United at Old Trafford last month - only a late United equaliser prevented a shock away win.
    Basle president Bernhard Heusler admits Hamburg have been in touch but is confident the 43-year-old will stay.
    "We discussed everything and decided that there is no reason for us to negotiate the departure of Fink," he said.
    "Hamburg have accepted our refusal."

Uploads

Bruins: Has joined Salzburg
    SALZBURG SNAP UP BRUINS

Midfielder Luigi Bruins has joined Austrian giants Red Bull Salzburg after his deal at Feyenoord expired in the summer.
    The 24-year-old has been a free agent since the end of the last season after the Rotterdammers chose not to extend his contract at De Kuip.
    Former Holland Under-21 international Bruins, who has also played for Excelsior, recently underwent a five-day trial at Salzburg.
    During that period he impressed coach Ricardo Moniz enough to be offered a deal until the end of the season.

Uploads

Mark Yates: Keeping Butland
    BUTLAND EXTENDS CHELTENHAM STAY

Highly-rated Birmingham goalkeeper Jack Butland has extended his loan stay at Cheltenham for another two months as he continues to gain valuable first-team experience.
    The 18-year-old, who has already broken into England's Under-21s ranks, joined the League Two club last month and will now remain until December 11.
    Butland quickly established himself as number one at Cheltenham under manager Mark Yates, who played for Blues for three years between 1988 and 1991.
    He started five league matches, keeping two clean sheets, but has missed the Robins' last two games having played for Stuart Pearce's Under-21s against Iceland and Norway.
    Boss Yates told Cheltenham's official website: "We wanted to keep Jack as long as we could and Birmingham have been brilliant. They appreciate he's getting games and the lad is really enjoying it.
    "He's getting a taste of league football and the agreement suits both ourselves and Birmingham."

Uploads

Yoann Gourcuff (right): Arsenal bid claimed
    LYON CLAIM ARSENAL WANTED GOURCUFF

Arsenal had a bid for Lyon midfielder Yoann Gourcuff rejected in the summer, the French club's president Jean-Michel Aulas has claimed.
    Aulas revealed Lyon turned down an offer for the France midfielder, who joined from Bordeaux in 2010.
    "There was a request from Arsenal and I said no. He has a five-year contract, wants to succeed with Lyon and I believe him," Aulas was quoted as saying by L'Equipe.
    Arsenal lost key midfielders Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri over the summer, but have since brought in Mikel Arteta from Everton.
    Gourcuff, 25, who has also played for AC Milan, was troubled by injury in his first year at Lyon.

Uploads

Danny Guthrie (right): No rush over contract
    GUTHRIE IN NO RUSH OVER CONTRACT

Newcastle midfielder Danny Guthrie is in no rush to sign a new contract - despite the fact his current deal expires at the end of the season.
    The 24-year-old has struggled to push his way into the first team this season, with Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote in impressive form, and is focused on impressing in training.
    Guthrie said: "I've got six months left at Christmas, so we'll assess it in January. I'm not worried about deals or things like that - there's no rush.
    "I'm happy with how things are going, and I just want to get back in the team. It was frustrating last season because of all the injuries.
    "It was an ankle injury, and I was out eight weeks or so. It was the same injury I had at the back end of last season. But hopefully, I've put them behind me. I've got to wait for the opportunity to get in the team and stake my claim."

Uploads

Patrick Agyemang: Training with Millwall
    AGYEMANG NEARS MILLWALL MOVE

Millwall are set to sign QPR striker Patrick Agyemang on a month's loan.
    The 31-year-old was made available by Rangers manager Neil Warnock after he was left out of their 25-man Premier League squad.
    Agyemang is training with the Lions this week and will put pen to paper on a temporary move from west to south London ahead of Saturday's trip to Middlesbrough.
    Millwall boss Kenny Jackett has been desperate to add some firepower to his squad, who have found the net just once in their last seven games and slipped to second from bottom in the Championship.
    Jackett was alo linked with a move for Stephen Dobbie but the forward has said he wants to stay at Swansea and fight for his place.
    Agyemang scored 16 goals in 83 appearances since joining QPR from Preston in January 2008. His last appearance came in the 2-0 defeat against Wigan at the end of August.

Uploads

Dougie Freedman: Will take a look at Thompson
    STRIKER OFFERED PALACE TRIAL

Crystal Palace are set to take highly-rated Hampton & Richmond starlet Dan Thompson on a week's trial.
    The 17-year-old forward became the Beavers' youngest ever goalscorer earlier this year after progressing through the club's youth and reserve sides.
    Reports earlier this week suggested Stoke and Liverpool were among eight Premier League clubs who had sent scouts to watch his recent appearances.
    However, Championship outfit Crystal Palace have made the first move, inviting the youngster to train with them for a week.
    "He is a young, raw targetman," Palace boss Dougie Freedman told the South London Press.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast