Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 13-10-11

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 13-10-11

    Latest Transfer Update at 13-10-11

    Javier Hernandez: Set for Manchester United stay
    AGENT: HERNANDEZ PENS NEW DEAL

    Javier Hernandez has signed a new five-year contract with Manchester United, according to his agent.
    The Mexico striker made a stunning impact after arriving in England last season, with 20 goals in all competitions, and United have now responded by tying him down to a long-term deal.
    His representative Eduardo Hernandez is quoted by various English newspapers as telling ESPN Deportes: "We have renegotiated Javier's contract and he is now committed for five years with Manchester United.
    "The initial contract was good for Manchester and for Javier because it enabled them both to see if they could fit together and if he could achieve what was expected of him. Both sides have met their expectations and United were happy to reward Javier after his very good performances last season.
    "I will not talk about numbers, but it is a five-year contract. It is a fixed salary with incentives based on the team's success in each of the different tournaments.
    "Javier was not badly paid with his initial contract, but it was his first contract and, with respect, not comparable with the likes of Wayne Rooney and Nani. But today I can say that the contract has just been signed and everyone is satisfied."
    Eduardo Hernandez also played down recent speculation linking Spanish giants Real Madrid with a move for his client, saying: "It was never likely that Javier would leave.
    "Talks began some time ago and United came up with a very good offer and I have nothing but praise for the way they have recognised Javier's performances."
    The new deal for Hernandez follows that signed on Monday by United midfielder Tom Cleverley, while striker Danny Welbeck has also been offered a new deal.

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 13-10-11

    Carlos Tevez: Back at Manchester City
    CARLOS TEVEZ RETURNS TO TRAINING

    Carlos Tevez will face manager Roberto Mancini on the Manchester City training ground this morning for the first time since their clash in Munich.
    City said last night that in their view there is a case for Tevez to answer of alleged breach of contract in relation to his conduct during the 2-0 Champions League defeat to Bayern in the Allianz Arena last month, when Mancini claimed the striker refused to come on as a substitute.
    Subsequently, Tevez's trusted advisor Kia Joorabchian said the matter boiled down to a simple misunderstanding in the heat of the moment and claimed the Argentina forward had been mistranslated in an interview he gave immediately after the game when he is alleged to have declared that his "head wasn't right to play".
    Tevez was suspended for a fortnight the day after the game, allowing City to launch an internal investigation, the findings of which led to a statement being released last night.
    "The club has been conducting an investigation into the events of 27 September at the Allianz Arena," read the statement.
    "The club has now reached a stage in its investigation where it has concluded that there is a case for Carlos Tevez to answer of alleged breaches of contract.
    "Accordingly, the club has informed him that he will face disciplinary proceedings and the hearing will be convened shortly.
    "Carlos will be required to report to Roberto Mancini for training on Thursday."
    The prospect of Mancini and Tevez being present on the same training ground is an enticing one given the animosity that so obviously exists between the pair.
    Mancini was furious in the immediate aftermath of the Bayern game, declaring that, as far as he was concerned, Tevez was "finished" at City.
    That is still the Italian's view, although the Munich incident alone is not thought to be severe enough to warrant Tevez simply being thrown out.
    And, regulations regarding footballing disciplinary matters being what they are, the matter cannot be resolved speedily, with both sides privately preparing themselves for a very lengthy battle.
    No matter what the outcome of the initial hearing, in front of a senior member of City's "leadership team", Tevez will still have recourse to two appeal procedures, first to the City board, and then the Premier League.
    With all the paperwork that would have to be supplied by both parties, it means the whole saga may not be concluded until December.
    In a sense, that would be an acceptable situation for both parties given the proximity to the January transfer window.

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 13-10-11

    Lukasz Fabianski: Wants more games
    FABIANSKI COULD CONSIDER MOVE

    Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski has voiced his displeasure at continuing to be number two at the club this season.
    Fabianksi has been limited to just one appearance this season, in the Carling Cup.
    Compatriot Wojciech Szczesny is Arsene Wenger's preferred option, and whilst Fabianksi looks to be ahead of him in terms of Poland selection - he knows that a lack of first-team football could affect his chances at Euro 2012.
    "If my situation doesn't change I'll consider asking for a move," he told The Sun.
    "If I want to go to Euro 2012, the only way I can persuade the coach to take me is by playing well on a regular basis."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 13-10-11

    Michael Chopra: Joined Ipswich in the summer
    JEWELL REVEALS CHOPRA FEE

    Forward Michael Chopra moved from Cardiff to Ipswich for just 1million, Tractor Boys manager Paul Jewell has revealed.
    Chopra bagged 58 goals over four spells with the Bluebirds before being sold in the summer, for a fee originally reported as being 1.5million.
    But Jewell told the Green 'Un that the actual figure in question was significantly lower, and he remains astounded he was able to land the 27-year-old - who he regards as the npower Championship's top striker - for such a modest price.
    "I've seen what prices have been mentioned, but we only paid a million pounds for him," said Jewell, who takes Chopra back to his former club for their league clash on Saturday.
    "I think Cardiff wanted to change things around a bit, maybe Chops wanted a fresh challenge.
    "All I know is that we got a terrific deal because I think he's the best striker in the division."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 13-10-11

    Cassano: Will retire at age 33
    ANTONIO CASSANO SETS RETIREMENT DATE

    Italy striker Antonio Cassano has revealed he will retire from football in 2014.
    Cassano has been crucial in helping the Azzurri secure a spot in next year's European Championships, scoring twice in Tuesday night's 3-0 win over Northern Ireland to take his tally to six goals in 10 qualifying games.
    "I've been in the national team for 10 years but I've only got 25 caps," the AC Milan player told Rai Sport. "I'm always in and out (of the national team).
    "I hope that from now until the World Cup I can have continuity in the national team and then I will stop.
    "I want to do a good Euro 2012, a good World Cup and then I will retire. I will retire at 33 to enjoy my family.
    "Football has been the most beautiful thing in the world for me but now I am a little tired.
    "I want three more good years and then that's it because if I continue beyond that, it will become a routine and routine stresses me."
    Cassano, who helped Milan win the Scudetto last season, has thanked Italy coach Cesare Prandelli for saving his international career.
    The 29-year-old was part of Italy's Euro 2004 squad but was left out of the final roster for the World Cup two years later.
    He was part of the Euro 2008 squad which lost to Spain in the quarter-finals and returned to the fold under Prandelli after a two-year absence.
    "Sport gives you back what you put into it," Cassano said. "I didn't put enough in, so I didn't get much out.
    "If (Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi) Buffon won 10 times as much as me, it's because he was the absolute number one in his role. I was one of many.
    "Prandelli has given me so much confidence and told me he believed in me. He has been very close to me at the time when I was struggling.
    "He has also helped me to get off to a good start with Milan this season. We have a fantastic rapport, a special one, and I want to thank him for that."
    Cassano believes Italy can do well at Euro 2012 if they play with the same determination which saw them concede just two goals in finishing the qualifying phase unbeaten.
    "Now we have to keep this consistency and style in Euro 2012," he said. "I think we can continue like this and achieve great things."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 13-10-11

    Milos Krasic: Impressing for Juventus
    AGENT: MAN UTD ARE WATCHING KRASIC

    Manchester United are following the progress of Juventus midfielder Milos Krasic, according to the player's agent.
    Krasic scored seven goals for the club last season and has been labelled the natural successor to Juve legend Pavel Nedved.
    The Serbian winger moved to Serie A after helping former club CSKA Moscow lift the Uefa Cup, two Championships, four Russian Cups and three Russian Super Cups.

    Agent Dejan Joksimovic told tuttomercatoweb: "Manchester United have been interested in Krasic for two years, they like the player, but there have been no negotiations.
    "Every day Krasic is rumoured to be departing Juventus but currently, there are no signs of this happening."
    Watch Liverpool v Man Utd live on Sky Sports 2, HD2 and 3D on Saturday.

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 13-10-11

    Scott Parker: Joined Tottenham from West Ham
    REDKNAPP REVEALS PARKER BATTLE

    Harry Redknapp has revealed he had to work hard to convince the Tottenham board to sign Scott Parker.
    The Spurs boss finally landed Parker from West Ham before the close of the transfer window after chasing him for several months.
    Redknapp admits a lot of people at the club were not convinced about signing Parker because of his age and his personal demands and has thanked chairman Daniel Levy for backing his judgement on the midfielder.
    "The hardest signing for me was Scott Parker," Redknapp told the Daily Telegraph.
    "It wasn't a deal that the club were crazy about, and I could see their point of view.
    "Scott had a four-year contract at West Ham and he was on big money, by our standards. Tottenham don't pay the wages that Chelsea or Manchester City do, so there would be quite a gap.
    "There was a feeling that bringing in Scott, 31 years of age and with no sell-on value, could be a problem. I argued that it was what he could give us this year and next that could make the difference. Daniel [Levy, Tottenham chairman] backed me on that."
    Redknapp admits he had feared for his side after a turbulent pre-season, in which they fought to keep Luka Modric out of the clutches of Chelsea.
    "I felt there was a bad feeling around the club," added Redknapp.
    "You know when things are not going right: Luka wanting to go, three or four other players not happy, not pulling their weight in training, disrupting a little bit.
    "We looked very, very lightweight. It was a team that scared me a little bit. I just knew we needed to get Scott Parker into the team, get Luka's mind right, and then we would be a different team."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 13-10-11

    Samuel Eto'o: Linked with Inter Milan return
    REPORT: ETO'O COULD MAKE INTER RETURN

    Samuel Eto'o is considering returning to Inter Milan in January on a two-month loan deal, according to a report in Italy.
    The Cameroon striker left the Serie A giants in the summer to join Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala in a 20million deal.
    However, Gazzetta dello Sport claims that Eto'o has offered to return to Inter when the Russian championship breaks in January and February.
    Inter have struggled since the departure of Eto'o and are 17th in the standings, with four points from their first five league games -
    their worst start in Serie A in 28 years.
    Eto'o was Inter's top scorer last season, netting a total of 37 goals in all competitions, and helping the Milan club win the Coppa Italia.
    The 30-year-old could feature in nine Serie A games and a Champions League tie should Inter agree to sign Eto'o on a short-term basis.

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 13-10-11

    Lomana Tresor LuaLua: Joins Blackpool
    LUALUA SIGNS FOR SEASIDERS

    Blackpool have signed Lomana Tresor LuaLua on a deal until the end of the season.
    The 30-year-old former Newcastle striker has been training with Ian Holloway's men in recent weeks following his exit from Cypriot club Omonia in the summer.
    And after impressing enough to earn a short-term contract, LuaLua could make his debut against West Ham on Sunday.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 13-10-11

    Patrick Agyemang: Loan switch
    AGYEMANG MAKES MILLWALL LOAN MOVE

    Millwall have confirmed the signing of Patrick Agyemang on a one-month loan from QPR.
    The 31-year-old striker moves to The Den after he was left out of Rangers' 25-man Barclays Premier League squad.
    Agyemang actually started two of QPR's first three league matches this season but summer signings such as DJ Campbell, Jay Bothroyd, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Jason Puncheon have since pushed him well down the pecking order at Loftus Road.
    Lions boss Kenny Jackett is likely to hand Agyemang an immediate debut at Middlesbrough on Saturday to pep up an attack which has found the net just once in their last seven matches.
    Agyemang told the club's official website: "I'm pleased to be here.
    "I'm not in the 25 at QPR so I'm happy to come to Millwall and play some games."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 12-09-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 19:25:50
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 11-09-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 18:44:16
  3. Latest Transfer Update at 25-06-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 25-06-2011, 19:30:09
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 11-06-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 00:23:54
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 10-06-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 23:40:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •