Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 22-10-11

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 22-10-11

Latest Transfer Update at 22-10-11

El-Hadji Diouf: Could join West Ham

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed he is considering signing El-Hadji Diouf after inviting the forward for a trial.
    Diouf is currently a free agent after leaving Blackburn and he has recently been linked with a move to the Hammers' Championship rivals Doncaster.
    The 30-year-old was signed by Allardyce for both Bolton and Blackburn, and the Hammers chief has acknowledged his interest in Diouf.
    Allardyce believes the former Liverpool player could be just what West Ham are missing and is keen to assess his current level of fitness.
    "El Hadji is one on our list," said Allardyce. "We are now scouring the country for what players might be available for loan or are not fixed up.
    "El Hadji hasn't been fixed up so I have invited him for training and will have a good look at him.
    "I know what he is capable of and that he can deliver. There are other options we are looking at on loan from other clubs but they are few and far between now because they have been taken by other clubs.
    "It is going to be pretty difficult, but we will have a go at that. Knowing someone like Dioufy, I just have to let him get fit and see if he looks in good condition when he trains with us.
    "There is something missing from our squad and Diouf could be that missing link.
    "He has played for two of my teams before so I know exactly what kind of quality I will be getting."

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 22-10-11

Mark Hughes: Not surprised by rows

Mark Hughes believes rows at Manchester City are inevitable because of the "autocratic" style of his successor as manager, Roberto Mancini.
    City's build-up to Saturday's derby game with Manchester United has been marred by the disciplinary action surrounding striker Carlos Tevez.
    Hughes is not surprised Mancini gets involved in such incidents.
    He told various newspapers: "I don't know the guy personally, but looking at him from the outside, he comes across as autocratic. It's either his way or the highway.
    "I'm not sure he indulges players, tries to get to know or understand them. I'm not sure he's that type of manager.
    "Managing like that in the modern age with modern footballers is more difficult.
    "To be an absolute autocrat and not be flexible in terms of how it's going to be done and not understand your decisions can impact on players is difficult, because they do.
    "If you manage like that, there are going to be clashes."
    On Tevez, who stands accused by City of refusing to warm up during the Champions League clash against Bayern Munich, Hughes added: "I never saw him volatile. I cannot think of an incident with Carlos.
    "It would never have happened under my watch."

Kenny Dalglish: Expects support from FSG

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish is confident owners Fenway Sports Group will continue to back him in the transfer market if he feels the need to strengthen in January.
    The Americans have already spent around 70million since their purchase of the club just over a year ago.
    And Dalglish is confident FSG will carry on providing funds in the next window should it be necessary.
    "We are happy about the strength of the squad we have got," said the Scot.
    "The more players I have to choose from the more difficult my job is but the better it is for everyone.
    "We have a fit squad at the moment but I am sure that won't last too long.
    "There is a window coming up in January and if we feel the need to use it I am sure we will get full support (from the owners)."
    The Reds host Norwich this evening looking to extend their unbeaten home record this season.
    Paul Lambert's side returned to the top flight this season and have made a decent start.
    Dalglish anticipates his team, who drew 1-1 with Manchester United at home last weekend, will be in for another tough test.
    "I don't know what other people expect but I know what we do," said the Reds boss.
    "We expect as difficult a game against Norwich as Manchester United gave us last week.
    "Paul Lambert has done a fantastic job there. They are sitting there pretty comfortable in the league in ninth position.
    "They went to Old Trafford and played very well [2-0 defeat three weeks ago]. I'm sure they will be looking forward to coming here and doing equally well.
    "They've done brilliantly. The players and personnel may be new but for us it's straight forward.
    "We'll give them every bit as much respect as we did against Manchester United or Everton the week before.
    "We will never be disrespectful and underestimate the opposition. That includes Norwich and anyone else that we have to play.
    "I know Paul from my time at Celtic and I have huge respect for him as a footballer and also as a manager."
    Looking at his own side, Dalglish is keen to secure a first Anfield clean sheet of the campaign.
    "If you don't lose any [goals], you'll get at least a point from the game," he added.
    "But we are happy with most of the things we have done. We just have to keep pushing on.
    "As long as we score more than we have against us, we'll win more games than we'll lose.
    "We just have to keep going. The boys are disappointed that we didn't get the three points last week.
    "Maybe that will carry into [today's game] and we can try to get three points there."

Hugo Rodallega: Talks with Wigan

Roberto Martinez wants to focus on improving Wigan Athletic's results after confirming talks with Hugo Rodallega regarding a new contract are ongoing.
    Rodallega's current deal expires at the end of the season and he has been linked with Premier League rivals Arsenal, Aston Villa, Everton and Liverpool.
    The Colombian has recently returned to fitness after a knee injury and Martinez has outlined the striker's importance to the Wigan side.
    However, following a run of six successive defeats in all competitions, Martinez wants the priority to be ending that disappointing sequence.
    "We're still talking," said the Latics boss regarding the negotiations with Rodallega.
    "He's very important to us and he's still developing as a young man.
    "We've got a very good relationship with his agent, who is in Colombia, so it's sometimes difficult to have continuity in our talks.
    "We all know he's got the potential to play at any club in world football so we need to enjoy him while he's with us.
    "But it's important that we focus on getting a positive result on the pitch and then all of the individual results will be resolved."
    Martinez is happy to have Rodallega back at his disposal for Saturday's game at Newcastle United after admitting Magpies striker Demba Ba was out of his reach in the summer.
    He added: "Ba was out of our price range. He was in Marks and Spencer and I normally shop on the internet.
    "But for Hugo to come back so quickly is just a real example of how professional he is. It's been a real boost to the squad."