NBC Universal develops in Latin America

Iñaki Ferreras ©RapidTVNews | 23-10-2011

NBC Universal International has appointed Ken Bettsteller as executive director of Universal Networks International (UNI) for Latin America.
Based in Miami, he will seek new growth opportunities for the UNI channels in the region and will report to Belinda Menéndez, president of NBC Universal International Television Distribution & Universal Networks.
NBC Universal Channel, Syfy and Studio Universal, as well as the joint-ventures by E! Entertainment Television, Telecine and Universal Channel Brazil currently hold operations in Latin America. Bettsteller will focus on continuing to expand UNI's existing businesses across the region.
"Ken's experience in creating and developing successful international businesses will be essential to our strategy focused on maximising the value of our international TV group," Belinda Menéndez said.
"I am looking to be working with the main Latin American partners, with whom I have built bonds throughout my entire career."
The executive joins UNI to take over Steve Patscheck's position. Patscheck has been promoted to UNI's international programming EVP.