Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: t-rex twin card

Uploads

t-rex twin card

Hi. I ordered a "dragon cam" from the internet and they send me "t-rex twin cam". My first question is "are they same?" My second question is ; can i use it with v5 cards. Thanks in advance.

Uploads

Re: t-rex twin card

hi kavi

the dragoncam and T-rex it's the same
    just the name change

@+++++++

Quote Originally Posted by KAYI View Post
    Hi. I ordered a "dragon cam" from the internet and they send me "t-rex twin cam". My first question is "are they same?" My second question is ; can i use it with v5 cards. Thanks in advance.

With a T-Rex or Dragon Cam you do not need a Loder card which come s in two styles
    1) Official Dragon Loader Card
    2) Funcard 6 or galaxaxy Prussioan V5

It is advisable to have a loader card to avoid the constant instering into the receiver of the T-Rex which has some 200 pins, any of which can easily be damaged.

The Funcard 6 can be used 2 ways
    1) as a loader for the Dragon
    2) as a smartcard by itself 6 in 1 Card

I have as yet not foud out what benefits if any there are in having a 6 in 1 Funcard programmed and welcome knowing it's benmefits if any?

VIP Member
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    With a T-Rex or Dragon Cam you do not need a Loder card which come s in two styles
    1) Official Dragon Loader Card
    2) Funcard 6 or galaxaxy Prussioan V5

It is advisable to have a loader card to avoid the constant instering into the receiver of the T-Rex which has some 200 pins, any of which can easily be damaged.

The Funcard 6 can be used 2 ways
    1) as a loader for the Dragon
    2) as a smartcard by itself 6 in 1 Card

I have as yet not foud out what benefits if any there are in having a 6 in 1 Funcard programmed and welcome knowing it's benmefits if any?

Ok I need to slap you down now
    Yes you can eventualy use Fun Cards to program the Dragon\T-Rex. The Offical Loader Card is not much more the a Fun Card itself. But, I can tell you now it's not a Fun 6. Fun 6 only has a 1Mb ROM. The correct answer was, Fun 7 which has a 2Mb ROM.

As for a 6-1?! WTF would be the point? The Dragon & T-Rex are already 6-1 by themselves! (Irdeto, Scea-Mediaguard,Narga1 W/Boxkey, Narga2, Viaacess and Cryptoworks),. So assuming you have the current Predator Software installed you shouldn't need any Smart Card's at all. These 6-in-1 Files are mostly for those who have a built-in Card Reader. Like some STB from Humax and Nokia which can not utilize Softcams, or Common Interface CAMs'.

Now as for the question, Loader Cards': Do I need One?!

Yes you do. It doesn't matter if you have an Orginal Loarder a Fun 7 (more or less the same Card), or a Dummy Card. You not simply stick the Dragon\T-Rex into a CAS3 Interface and program it with out a Dummy Card. (e.g. Loader Card),.
    In so far as useing a Fun 7 (2Mb), Card goes you'll have to format it with the Dragon\T-Rex Loader OS first (i.e. Dragon Repair), in order to use it. Or the CAM will not be able to read the Card...

Uploads

Thanks for the answers. I want to ask one more question : Can I use "daytona card" with t-rex module?

Thumbs up Re: t-rex twin card

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe View Post
    Ok I need to slap you down now
    Yes you can eventualy use Fun Cards to program the Dragon\T-Rex. The Offical Loader Card is not much more the a Fun Card itself. But, I can tell you now it's not a Fun 6. Fun 6 only has a 1Mb ROM. The correct answer was, Fun 7 which has a 2Mb ROM.

As for a 6-1?! WTF would be the point? The Dragon & T-Rex are already 6-1 by themselves! (Irdeto, Scea-Mediaguard,Narga1 W/Boxkey, Narga2, Viaacess and Cryptoworks),. So assuming you have the current Predator Software installed you shouldn't need any Smart Card's at all. These 6-in-1 Files are mostly for those who have a built-in Card Reader. Like some STB from Humax and Nokia which can not utilize Softcams, or Common Interface CAMs'.

Now as for the question, Loader Cards': Do I need One?!

Yes you do. It doesn't matter if you have an Orginal Loarder a Fun 7 (more or less the same Card), or a Dummy Card. You not simply stick the Dragon\T-Rex into a CAS3 Interface and program it with out a Dummy Card. (e.g. Loader Card),.
    In so far as useing a Fun 7 (2Mb), Card goes you'll have to format it with the Dragon\T-Rex Loader OS first (i.e. Dragon Repair), in order to use it. Or the CAM will not be able to read the Card...

Thanks for the very clear explanation. My request for sdupport from the IK supplier was simply not to reply.

Yes I agree with you that a Loader is imperative. I bought the seceond Fun 7 ( You were right, and I quoted the wrong model) was to have the latest two T-Rex updates on hand, should I need to change the software quickly.

Is there any further use for the Funcard 7 ?

I have a Cerebro Card which NOW is useful. I bought it on the same day the T-Rex ipdate came out with Premier.

I also bought an OPUS card which I think is useless as I cannot see any use for it. Can I program it for something useful?

This thraed is really useful as it helps users understand their hardware and appreciate the good work of this forum

VIP Member
    Uploads

You can use almost any card you have in a Dragon\T-Rex, even Sky NDS Cards. With the NDS Boxkey you could even watch the Pay Channels too. The only thing you can't do is update the Card inside the CAM. So you must eventually reset the NDS Card back into the Sky Box once in a while. In order to keep such cards working and up to date.

As for other orginal MOSC Cards D+, Canal+ or Premiere (as examples), should also work with no problems. As for Hacker Cards, like the Cerebro, Dedim and Daytona or others. Should also work 100%, given the correct Files and proper installation of those Files to the Card(s),.

As for what a Fun Card is worth today? Sadly (for my use), not much. Given that the Dragon\T-Rex already has me coverd. But, I would guess that under ideal conditions those Channels. on Hotbird that are in Via, (e.g. TPS and SRG),. TPS is a waste of time as there changeing there Keys every 30 Minutes,. SRG would seem to be changing theres at least once a day. Hopefully this will soon end with the World Cup. But, as I said under the most idellic conditions your CAM with the current Predator and or Keys will be enough to decode such Channels.

*Opps Cards AFAK are for Cryptoworks and you'll also need to have the current version 1.05 or is it 1.06? I'm not really sure. But, that said, the only Birds that could have a use for it would be 16E (Digiturk), and 42E (Turksat) which are both mostly in Cryptoworks. There is also Mtv, Easy.TV, Cartoon Net. & TCM on 19.2E. But, given the Keys at the moment the Keys for Digiturk are still unknown. You should be able to open those uo with just the Dragon\T-Rex too. (W/Predator 3.43),...

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe View Post
    You can use almost any card you have in a Dragon\T-Rex, even Sky NDS Cards. With the NDS Boxkey you could even watch the Pay Channels too. The only thing you can't do is update the Card inside the CAM. So you must eventually reset the NDS Card back into the Sky Box once in a while.

As for other orginal MOSC Cards D+, Canal+ or Premiere (as examples), should also work with no problems. As for Hacker Cards, like the Cerebro, Dedim and Daytona or others. Should also work 100%, given the correct Files and proper installation of those Files to the Card(s),.

As for what a Fun Card is worth today? Sadly (for my use), not much. Given that the Dragon\T-Rex already has me coverd. But, I would guess that under ideal conditions those Channels. on Hotbird that are in Via, (e.g. TPS and SRG),. TPS is a waste of time as there changeing there Keys every 30 Minutes,. SRG would seem to be changing theres at least once a day. Hopefully this will soon end with the World Cup.

But, as I said under the most idellic conditions your CAM with the current Predator and or Keys will be enough to decode such Channels.
    You said

"As for other orginal MOSC Cards D+, Canal+"

Are these available and what would be the cost of D+

I agree with you TPS is hopeless always repeating the same film. When it was open I rarely saw it.

D+ is diffrent as it has many usefull channels as does TV Cab+

I hear Powervie+ will soon be on T-Rex?

Uploads

Actually I have bought this cam without these information and I think I have bought a good module. I heard dragon cam also hacked digiturk. But now dt has changed their system to v5 cards. What do you think, can dragon masters hack digiturk again? I mean is it possible?

Personally I think the situation is so bleak because now people are buying smartcards (original) to see world cup.

After world cup thinks will return to normal and dealers want to sell T-rex, which need soft if it is to survive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast