Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 05-11-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 05-11-11

Latest Transfer Update at 05-11-11

David Beckham: Would like to see English boss
    BECKHAM WANTS ENGLISH MANAGER

Former England captain David Beckham wants to see an Englishman in charge of the national team.
    Since Kevin Keegan left the role of England manager in 2000, the permanent position has been held by Swede Sven-Goran Eriksson and Italian Capello, as well as Steve McClaren.
    Capello will lead the team into next summer's European Championships and possibly beyond - but Beckham is hoping an Englishman can impress enough to be given the role in the future.
    The Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder told BBC's Football Focus: "Ideally, of course you want an Englishman leading an England team, it's as simple as that.
    "But we haven't had those options in the last few years, so we've had a manager who's been successful all over the world in Fabio Capello.
    "But going forward every Englishman would want an English manager."
    Tottenham's English boss Harry Redknapp is currently the bookies' favourite to take over from Capello.
    Beckham also believes the question of whether or not to take Wayne Rooney to Euro 2012 is a straightforward one to answer.
    The Football Association have confirmed they are appealing to UEFA over the Manchester United striker's three-match ban for kicking out at Montenegro's Miodrag Dzudovic in last month's qualifying match in Podgorica.
    And Beckham said: "Once we get through those first stages, that's when a player like Wayne Rooney will come into play.
    "Obviously it's disappointing he's going to miss those games, but if you have a chance of taking a player like Wayne, then you have to take him, of course."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 05-11-11

Neil Lennon: Faces big game on Sunday
    NEIL LENNON: MY JOB IS SAFE

Celtic boss Neil Lennon does not believe his Parkhead position will come under threat if they lose to Motherwell.
    The Bhoys tackle second-placed Well at Fir Park on Sunday and the SPL giants can ill afford to drop any more points in the title race.
    Last weekend's goalless home draw with Hibernian left the Glasgow side 12 points adrift of Rangers with a game in hand.
    Lennon, who guided Celtic to a 3-1 Europa League win over Rennes on Thursday, does not know why the position has been highlighted by the media recently.
    The former Northern Ireland international admits his pride has been hurt by the club's poor SPL results this season, although he has not given up hope of catching Gers.
    "My job is not on the line," explained Lennon. "I don't know why this has suddenly become a major issue.
    "We can't afford to drop points but, as far as I am aware, and I haven't been told anything different, my job is not dependent on Sunday's result.
    "I have my pride and I don't enjoy it when we are flat or when we show a poor mentality. That is a reflection on me because it is my team.
    "But the standing of the club is more important than my own personal situation.
    "My job concerns me but it is not the overriding issue. The overriding issue is the reputation of the club. I don't like it being damaged, especially when I'm in charge.
    "We will look at the scenario after the game. I don't want to talk about that now. If we lose we've got a mountain to climb.
    "I think we are still within touching distance and we have to claw a lot of points back."

Uploads

Landon Donovan: Enjoyed previous loan spell at Everton
    EVERTON SEEK DONOVAN RETURN

Everton boss David Moyes has confirmed that he wants to re-sign Landon Donovan.
    The American star had an impressive loan spell at Goodison Park in 2010, and ever since then, Moyes has not hidden his desire to try to bring him back to the club.
    And now with the American season coming to an end, Moyes is hoping to persuade the Los Angeles Galaxy man to return to Merseyside.
    "It's something we will probably look at to see if there's an interest from him," said Moyes.
    "He was popular here and we could do with some speed and width on the right."
    Moyes admits that it would only be a potential loan move again, despite the fact he should have money to spend when the transfer market re-opens in January.
    "It's unrealistic to sign him on a permanent deal," he said.
    "We've not really invested in centre-forwards for probably three years and it has caught up on us.
    "The boys we have brought in are free transfers or for very little money."

Uploads

Tomasz Kuszczak: No Leeds switch
    LEEDS FAIL IN KUSZCZAK BID

Manchester United's Tomasz Kuszczak has revealed that Sir Alex Ferguson blocked a loan move to Leeds United this week.
    Kuszczak is out of the first-team picture at Old Trafford and Leeds were looking for a new number one this week after Paul Rachubka's poor display against Blackpool saw him replaced at half time.
    Leeds made an approach but, according to Kuszczak, Ferguson blocked the move.
    He instead claims that possible deals to Doncaster and Sheffield United are the only moves United will sanction.
    "My loan to Leeds was not possible because Alex Ferguson has blocked it," he told Onet.
    "I could only go to Sheffield United, or to Doncaster."