Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 06-11-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 06-11-11

Latest Transfer Update at 06-11-11

Rafael Van der Vaart: Happy in London
    VAN DER VAART HAPPY AT SPURS

Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has praised Harry Redknapp for helping him settle at White Hart Lane and insists he is happy to stay.
    The 28-year-old has proven to be an astute purchase for Spurs, hitting 15 goals in his first season and beginning this one in equally fine form.
    The former Real Madrid man has scored in each of his last five league games, equalling a club record shared by Teddy Sheringham and Robbie Keane.
    Van der Vaart has revealed the influence his manager Redknapp has had in helping him settle in England and stressed he has no reason to leave.
    "Harry has made me feel at home," he told The People. "He loves to win and he always puts a lot of attacking players in the starting XI.
    "I've lived in Amsterdam, Hamburg, Madrid and now London during my career - so I've been in the best cities. But London is good and the schools are great for my son Damian...so there is no reason to leave."
    He added: "Last season I thought maybe we could achieve more than breaking into the top four - but we played so many games and it was too much for us in the end.
    "Now we have a chance to be in the top two or three but I think Manchester City, with the squad they have assembled and with their individual players, are too strong this year.
    "Beyond that, we should have the same ambition as anyone. Of course Man United always have experience and know how to win but, apart from that, why not? We have a good team.
    "I really have the feeling we can achieve something at Spurs."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 06-11-11

Colin Calderwood: Reportedly sacked
    HIBERNIAN SACK COLIN CALDERWOOD

Hibernian have sacked manager Colin Calderwood.
    Calderwood has only been in the Easter Road hot-seat for 12 months but a poor run of results, culminating in Saturday's 1-0 home defeat against Dunfermline, has triggered the decision.
    After the Dunfermline game, a group of supporters protested outside the main entrance demanding the departure of Calderwood and chairman Rod Petrie.

Uploads

Mario Gotze: Linked with Arsenal and Bayern Munich
    GOTZE PLAYS DOWN ARSENAL LINK

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Mario Gotze dismissed speculation linking him with a move to Arsenal or Bayern Munich after netting twice in the 5-1 win over Wolfsburg.
    Gotze last week hinted that he would leave the club if they failed to qualify for the Champions League next season, but having helped lift the defending champions to second in the Bundesliga, he says he could not be happier where he is.
    "I am really happy here," he told Sky television. "That is all that counts.
    "I have a contract here until 2014 and I am more than happy.
    "I think you can see that too and that is why I am happy to be here."
    Gotze also claimed that Dortmund's rise to second after a difficult start is not purely down to his return from suspension.
    "We have so many amazing players in our side who try to push themselves to the limits in every training session and every game," he said.
    "We try to impose our football and every player contributes to that. That is why I am enjoying myself so much here."
    Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath is certainly not enjoying himself at present as his side lost their seventh game of the season.
    "I think it's fair to say we did not want to lose as heavily as this today," he said.
    "We started well but then conceded. We abandoned our defence today, although I would remove Chris and Diego Benaglio from my criticism."

Uploads

David Beckham: Wanted by Paris St Germain
    PSG CONFIRM BECKHAM INTEREST

Paris St Germain president Nasser al-Khelaïfi has confirmed his desire to lure David Beckham to France.
    Qatar Sports Investment took control of PSG in the summer and have wasted little time investing huge money in the squad, with signings such as Javier Pastore and Kevin Gameiro.
    But Al-Khelaïfi admits PSG's project is only just beginning and he confirms their intent on persuading Beckham to join - although he admits a deal lies in the hands of their director of football Leonardo.
    "Beckham is extraordinary," Al-Khelaïfi told L'Equipe.
    "Could he join PSG? Frankly I can't tell you. PSG is attracted by any great players and Beckham is one of them.
    "But it will be up to Leonardo and the coach to give their opinion. Did I meet him? No. David Beckham, he goes beyond sport. He is an ambassador, a trademark, he is an example for other people.
    "But he is also remains a very good football player, and his age is no problem.
    "Could he play very often in first team? It will be up to Leonardo to determine if the conditions are gathered for him to come or not.
    "But as long as we have no agreement with him, and it is not the case, we can't say anything.
    "We are currently satisfied with the players in our group, the team performances and atmosphere. I am not sure we will hire any additional players this winter."
    Beckham himself admits he is still considering his options and the main issue is his family, but he has admitted an interest from PSG.
    "Whose missus wouldn't like it there?" Beckham joked. "It's Paris.
    "There are a number of factors I have to consider when I'm thinking about the possibility of moving on from the Galaxy.
    "Are my kids happy here is the first question I have to ask. And the answer to that is 'yes'. And my eldest boy, Brooklyn, is at the age where he needs stability throughout his schooling.
    "But then again, his mum and dad have to work. We have moved to different countries over the years and it has not upset the boys or affected them in any way.
    "If we do end up leaving here and going somewhere else, as long as our children are okay, that is the most important thing.
    "When I say, 'I have to work', I mean I love to work. I love to play and be out there and be part of the team.
    "I could sit back and do nothing, but that is not me. And I have four kids to support.
    "As a parent, we all worry about how our kids are going to grow up. Are they going to have their feet on the ground?
    "Obviously our boys and little girl are very lucky. They've got a great life set up for them. The boys have had a great life here for the last five years.
    "But I think, as a parent, you always continue to worry. You think 'have they got the hunger that I had as a kid'?
    "I had a real regular upbringing. All I ever wanted to do was play football, to take a ball out on to the field and kick it around. I just wanted to be a footballer.
    "Kids these days, not just mine, have so many distractions. Computer games, other sports - especially living in America."