Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 07-11-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 07-11-11

Latest Transfer Update at 07-11-11

Bert van Marwijk: New deal close
    VAN MARWIJK CLOSE TO NEW DEAL

Bert van Marwijk is close to agreeing a new deal which will see him remain as Holland coach until the 2016 European Championship, according to his agent.
    Van Marwijk, whose current contract is due to expire after Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine next summer, is keen to build a new squad to tackle the World Cup in Brazil in two-and-a-half years' time and then the continental tournament in 2016 in France.
    His representative Rob Jansen told De Telegraaf newspaper: "It is likely that we will soon come to an agreement. Formally. Then follows the effects on paper.
    "Both parties want to extend the deal so it looks good. We are talking about a contact until 2016."
    The Dutch press speculate the new deal will not include a clause allowing the former Feyenoord and Borussia Dortmund boss to return to club management should a suitable offer come along.
    Van Marwijk took over as Oranje coach after Euro 2008, succeeding Marco van Basten, and led Holland to the World Cup final in South Africa in 2010 where they lost to Spain.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 07-11-11

Sir Alex Ferguson: Signing Pereira
    PSV STARLET CONFIRMS MAN UTD DEAL

PSV Eindhoven starlet Andreas Pereira has confirmed that he is joining Manchester United in the New Year.
    The Brazilian-born Belgium youth international has accepted an offer from United, and will leave the Philips Stadion for Old Trafford in January.
    The 15-year-old, regarded as one of Europe's brightest prospects, told VoetbalPrimeur: "I knew that PSV had given me my chance, but Manchester United is obviously a great club.
    "Other British clubs were interested. I thought about it, but Manchester United is a dream club for me.
    "I have been a few times to Manchester United to have a look. I got a tour and spoke with Sir Alex Ferguson. Being a 15-year-old and being able to talk with him is great!"

Uploads

Vladimir Romanov: Could sell Hearts
    ROMANOV CONSIDERS SELLING HEARTS

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has revealed he is considering selling the Edinburgh club after becoming disillusioned with football.
    The Lithuanian businessman confirmed on Sunday night he was seeking to sell up - or bring on board new financial partners - after battling against what he calls "an orchestrated campaign against him personally and, by association, the club".
    Hearts are more than 30million in debt and Romanov has previously expressed his reluctance to continue to plough money into the club.
    Hearts' players also faced a delay in receiving their latest wages - the payments coming through on Friday, more than two weeks late.
    Romanov is unhappy at some of the media coverage of the club's current plight, and told Hearts News: "I haven't lost my interest in the club, but I have for football. I now have to consider finding a partner or selling the club."
    A statement on the official Hearts website added that the club remains committed to exploring a move away from Tynecastle, but conceded that they would be forced to turn to homegrown talent for future squad strengthening.
    "The position of the shareholder [Romanov] in relation to football in Scotland, in which he has invested more than any other individual in the last six years, is unsatisfactory," the statement read.
    "Hearts must, therefore, prepare to reduce investment in the playing squad to match the income in the coming season and turn to the Academy for its new additions while also improving revenue streams, including working on a new stadium in order to achieve this as soon as possible.
    "It is important to stress that Hearts at the moment is strongly dependent on the funding from the major shareholder and the attempts of the media to undermine the position of the club and Mr Romanov pose a direct threat to the immediate future of the club."
    Hearts also strongly denied reports of a possible "fire sale" of players.
    "The club has some of the best players in the country and no player will be transferred for a penny less than their true value," a spokesman confirmed.
    "Hearts will address squad efficiency over the coming months as a normal course of business. We will continue to pursue our policy of focusing on youth development."

Uploads

Billy Brown: Has taken charge
    BROWN IN TEMPORARY CHARGE OF HIBS

Hibernian have confirmed that assistant manager Billy Brown will take charge of team affairs while the club search for a new manager.
    The Easter Road side sacked Colin Calderwood on Sunday night after just 12 months in the hotseat following a run of poor results.
    Former Hearts number two Brown, 60, was recruited as Calderwood's assistant in September.
    A statement on the club's official website read: "Billy Brown will take on first-team duties in an interim capacity whilst the recruitment process for a new manager is completed.
    "Brown will take full control of the squad over the international break as they prepare for the fixture versus Kilmarnock on 19 November.
    "The recruitment process for the new manager began (on Monday morning) and is being led by executive director Scott Lindsay and managing director Fife Hyland.
    "The board is now focused on speaking with shareholders at the Annual General Meeting (on Tuesday evening). No further comment will be made on the recruitment process until after the AGM."
    Hibs now begin the search for their fifth manager in less than four years. Brown, who was the long-time right-hand man of Jim Jefferies before his recent switch to Leith, has already been linked with the post on a permanent basis.
    The early favourite to fill the vacancy, though, is Shamrock Rovers boss Michael O'Neill.
    The former Northern Ireland international played for Hibs between 1993 and 1996 and began his managerial career at Scottish Football League side Brechin City before his move to Rovers in December 2008.

Uploads

Hamann: Won only three league games in 19 at Stockport

Former Liverpool and Manchester City midfielder Dietmar Hamann has resigned as manager of Blue Square Premier outfit Stockport.
    Hamann, capped 59 times by Germany during his playing career, undertook his first management assignment at Edgeley Park this summer following County's relegation from the Football League.
    His appointment to replace Ray Mathias coincided with the promise of new investment in the club from Liverpool-based businessman Tony Evans.
    However, a deal failed to materialise and after three league wins in 19 attempts, Hamann cited the collapse of Evans' takeover bid as a key factor in ending his four months in charge.
    In a statement on Stockport's official website, Hamann said on Monday: "Following a meeting this morning between (chairman) Lord Snape and myself, I have tendered my resignation as manager of Stockport County.
    "Having been introduced to the club by Tony Evans, I presumed that the takeover by him and his consortium would have taken place.
    "Various promises were made to me at the time of my appointment which subsequently did not take place. I feel therefore unable to continue in the post."
    Speaking to Sky Sports News, Hamann confirmed that Stockport's breakdown in negotiations with Evans' consortium was the reason for his departure.
    "As I understood at the time the two parties were pretty close to agreeing a deal and that was the reason for me to come to Stockport in the first place," he said.
    "The plans didn't materialise because the takeover didn't go through. There was still a chance in the last few weeks but Tony Evans pulling out of the deal has made my position untenable.
    "As it happened the plans we had or the promises which were made didn't materialise and for that reason I didn't see myself in a position to carry on as wanted."
    Nevertheless the 38-year-old is keen to make a quick return to management despite his difficult baptism with County, who currently sit two points above the Blue Square Bet Premier relegation zone.
    "Some players come in and they go out and see it's not for them, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the last four months in my first managerial job," he added.
    "I see now that it's made for me and I want to carry on doing it.
    "It's unfortunate that I won't be carrying on there due to the circumstances, but I want to stay in football and I want to carry on managing."

Uploads

Roy Hodgson: Would be sad to see Appleton go
    PORTSMOUTH TRYING TO PLUCK APPLETON

West Brom boss Roy Hodgson has confirmed Portsmouth are closing in on the appointment of Michael Appleton as their new manager.
    As reported last week, Pompey have have targeted a move for the Baggies No 2 to replace Steve Cotterill at Fratton Park after his departure to Nottingham Forest.
    Appleton, 35, has worked his way up through the Baggies' coaching ranks since being forced to quit playing through injury aged just 26.
    The clubs are understood to have been in talks over compensation since Friday and Hodgson has admitted he will be sad to lose his right-hand man.
    "I think they are interested in him, which does not surprise me because he is a very good coach," said Hodgson.
    "If the offer comes to him and he decides to take it then it will be a huge blow to us and we'll be very sad to lose him.
    "We could only congratulate Portsmouth on discovering him and realising that they have potentially a very fine manager.
    "If Michael gets an offer and wants to take it then I will back him to the hilt and then it's down to the clubs to sort out compensation."
    Portsmouth caretaker-boss Guy Whittingham has ruled himself out of the running for the job on a permanent basis despite guiding them to another victory at the weekend.
    Whittingham has been in caretaker charge along with Stuart Gray since the departure of Cotterill last month and despite three wins, a draw and two defeats from the six games in charge the former Pompey striker does not feel he is ready for a role in management.
    "I've told the board I don't want the job because I'm not ready," admitted Whittingham. "I've only been a coach for 14 months and I'm still learning the trade."

Uploads

Billy Sharp: Scored at Ipswich
    SHARP GRATEFUL FOR TOWN SUPPORT

Doncaster striker Billy Sharp has stated Ipswich would be a "fantastic club to play for" after he was afforded a warm reception at Portman Road a week on from suffering a personal tragedy.
    Sharp's two-day old son passed away last Saturday, but the former Sheffield United forward made an emotional return to the Rovers line up three days later, opening the scoring before Dean Saunders' side went down 3-1 to Middlesbrough.
    He was on target again at the weekend as Doncaster beat Town 3-2, and the Ipswich faithful - who might have expected to see Sharp in their own shirt this season - stood to applaud his strike.
    Sharp told the Green 'Un: "I had a lump in my throat when the Ipswich fans did that for me, they didn't have to do that to an opposing player and I would like to thank them all for showing that respect for me.
    "There was interest in the summer and both clubs spoke. It is a great club but it just wasn't the right club for me at that point. But it wasn't because of this club (Ipswich). It is a great club and it would be a fantastic one to play for."
    He added: "I am a Doncaster Rovers player and like I have said before, whatever shirt I put on I will always do my best.
    "I have a year and a half left on my contract here and I will continue to give 110% for this club until someone tells me otherwise."

Uploads

Nicky Ajose pictured while at Bury
    AJOSE EXTENDS IRON LOAN

Peterborough striker Nicky Ajose has had his loan spell at Scunthorpe extended until the beginning of January.
    Ajose joined the npower League One club in September and his initial stay at Glanford Park expired following the defeat at Bournemouth on Saturday.
    Peterborough signed the 19-year-old from Manchester United in the summer but he made just one appearance for Posh before suffering a hamstring injury.
    Ajose played under Scunthorpe manager Alan Knill during a loan spell at Bury last season.

Uploads

Sam Allardyce: Looking to recruit
    ALLARDYCE EYES DEFENDER MOVE

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has revealed he hopes to bring in a new central defender on loan.
    Allardyce has made defensive reinforcements a priority after New Zealand international Winston Reid suffered a dislocated shoulder last week.
    "My main priority is to find a central defender to loan for the next two or three months," said Allardyce.
    "Abdoulaye Faye and James Tomkins were outstanding against Hull on Saturday but they were the only two fit defenders we have at the club at the moment.
    "I have to fill that position and help us carry on this great run of results that we are on."

Uploads

Adriano Galliani: Would only go for loan move
    MILAN ONLY INTERESTED IN LOANS

AC Milan will only sign a striker on loan when the transfer window re-opens in January, club vice-president Adriano Galliani revealed.
    The Rossoneri are looking to reinforce their attacking line after Antonio Cassano was ruled out indefinitely after undergoing a heart procedure last week.
    Reports in Italy have strongly linked Catania forward Maxi Lopez with a move to the San Siro outfit in January.
    "I have read those reports," Galliani said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "For sure if we bring a striker he will only join us on loan with an option to make the move permanent because we intend to keep a place for Cassano in the team.
    "I believe Maxi Lopez is worthy of playing at Milan but so are other strikers.
    "There are many good strikers in Europe."
    Lopez, who has scored two goals in six league appearances for eighth-place Catania this season, claimed today he would welcome a move to AC Milan.
    "Milan are a great club, so it's normal that I would like to play for them," the Argentinian forward said.
    "But I have to talk to Catania and my agent. We'll see what happens in January.
    "I am certainly ready for another experience with a top club after playing for Barcelona."
    The 27-year-old is under contract with Catania until January 2014.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast