Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 08-11-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 08-11-11

Latest Transfer Update at 08-11-11

Wilshere: No intention of leaving Arsenal
    WILSHERE: I'M A GUNNER FOR LIFE

Jack Wilshere has told Arsenal that he promises to stay at the club for life.
    The 19-year-old midfielder has come through the youth ranks with Arsenal and is now a key member of their side.
    Also an England international, Wilshere was quizzed about whether he would remain loyal to the club - which lost the likes of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri in the summer.
    But the teenager insists he has no plans to quit the Emirates.
    "Can I promise I will be at Arsenal for ever? I can promise that, yes," he said at a media event in London.
    "I've been at the club since I was nine and I've learned to love it.
    "From the (Patrick) Vieira days, to (Dennis) Bergkamp, (Cesc) Fabregas, I've watched them come through and move on.
    "But now there's a crop of new players, (Aaron) Ramsey, myself, Kieran Gibbs, hopefully we can really create something special.
    "I love the club and I want to be part of its future."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 08-11-11

Kuszczak: Wanted Leeds move
    KUSZCZAK TREATED LIKE 'A SLAVE'

Tomasz Kuszczak has claimed he is treated like a "slave" by Manchester United after a proposed loan move to Leeds was blocked.
    The Poland international, 29, was keen to join the npower Championship side on a deal until January to keep himself in national coach Franciszek Smuda's thoughts ahead of next summer's European Championship, which his country will co-host with Ukraine.
    In comments reported by a number of national newspapers, Kuszczak said: "I've become a slave to Manchester.
    "I'm frustrated but I don't want to slander or criticise [Sir Alex] Ferguson. It's not my style.
    "I've talked to Ferguson recently. I asked him to let me leave the club now, before the January transfer window.
    "I told him I want to play and get back into the national team, because Euro 2012 is just around the corner - but it seems he doesn't care.
    "The possibility of a two-month loan to Leeds United came up two weeks later. The club blocked it.
    "It was a glimmer of hope for me. It would have reminded the Poland manager about me - but I didn't get the club's approval.
    "I have respect for Ferguson because, for me, he's a great manager, but I hope he will let me go in January."

Uploads

Berbatov: Spent plenty of time on the bench this term
    GALATASARAY EYE BERBATOV BID

Galatasaray have admitted their interest in out-of-favour Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov.
    Berbatov, a 30million signing from Spurs in 2008, has started only one Premier League game this season with his only goal of the campaign coming in the 3-0 Carling Cup win at Aldershot.
    Galatasaray president Unal Aysal denies a deal is already in place for the Bulgarian, but says Berbatov is one of a number of players on their shortlist.
    He is quoted in the Daily Mail as saying: "We're not just looking at Berbatov; we're interested in a number of players.
    "We can only get in contact and decide at the end of December, when the time comes."

Uploads

Yaya Toure: Amazing depth at City
    YAYA TOURE: MAN CITY ARE DOUBLE TOP

Yaya Toure says Manchester City's second-string would challenge for a Champions League place.
    The Ivory Coast star has been in brilliant form in recent weeks, with City also in commanding mood; they sit on top of the Premier League, unbeaten and five points clear.
    And Toure now says that City are equipped to take English football by storm because they have such strength in depth.
    "We have more than one team now - we have got two teams," he insisted.
    "If you see the team that beat Wolves 5-2 in the Carling Cup, people said it was the second team.
    "For me, it is not the second team because everybody is good enough to play.
    "The team that played against Wolves in the league at home won 3-1, but it was difficult. We have got two teams now that can both play in the Champions League.
    "We have got a fantastic squad and everybody is improving. For me it is amazing.
    "I came here because I wanted to make history. I want to be part of history at this club.
    "For me it's the most important thing. We try not to think about going unbeaten, because the Premier League's not easy and other teams will try to beat us.
    "We have tough, tough games and coming up in a couple of weeks we have Liverpool, Newcastle at home, Arsenal and after that we play Chelsea.
    "It will be very difficult but we hope we'll continue unbeaten."
    Despite City's dominance, Toure insisted that they were still some way short of his former club Barcelona.
    "Honestly I think we are far away. Barcelona are an amazing club with a fantastic squad," he said.
    "I think most of the best players in the world are already there - Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi, Gerard Pique, Dani Alves.
    "They are a fantastic squad. To become like them, we have to work hard and we have to win some trophies. We will continue to work hard to become like them."

Uploads

Liverpool: Signed US youngster
    LIVERPOOL SWOOP FOR USA YOUNGSTER

Highly-rated United States youth international Marc Pelosi will join Liverpool's academy set-up after signing a deal with the club.
    The 17-year-old midfielder, who has played 28 times for the US Under-17s and scored eight goals and captained the side in this summer's youth-level World Cup in Mexico, has joined from De Anza Force in California.
    "We're determined to identify the best possible talent globally and I'm delighted we've been able to bring Marc in to the club," academy director Frank McParland told the club's website.

Uploads

Jack Wilshere: Looking to start working harder
    JACK WILSHERE STEPS UP RECOVERY

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere is set to step up his rehabilitation from ankle surgery after x-rays on Monday revealed he was on course in his recovery.
    Wilshere went under the knife six weeks ago after suffering a stress fracture in his right ankle during the summer.
    The teenager had originally hoped the injury would heal itself with the help of a protective boot, however, he was forced to undergo an operation that is set to keep him sidelined into the new year.
    After the initial frustration Wilshere, who is yet to make an appearance this season, is apparently now on track in his recovery after Monday's x-ray results.
    "As I said had 6 week X-ray earlier and all going well," he wrote on his Twitter page.
    "I can start to work a bit harder now."
    The news will come as welcome relief for Arsenal after their early-season form was undermined by a rash of injuries.
    A severely-depleted side was thrashed 8-2 by Manchester United at Old Trafford in August, but they have since won six of their past seven matches - including a stunning 5-3 success at Chelsea - to move back up the Barclays Premier League table.

Uploads

Ignazio Abate: No plans to leave Milan
    ABATE COOLS PSG TALK

Ignazio Abate has played down talk of a move to Paris St Germain and pledged his future to AC Milan.
    The Rossoneri full-back is a reported target of the French giants but Abate, who earned his first call-up to the Italy squad this week, says he is going nowhere.
    "Leonardo [PSG sporting director and former Milan coach] has been a very important person in my career, but my contract with AC Milan ends in 2015 and my aim is to wear the Rossoneri colours for as long as possible," Abate told Gazzetta dello Sport.
    "If it was down to me, I would remain at Milan for life as I grew up here, it's one of the most prestigious clubs in the world.
    "Who wouldn't want to stay here forever?"
    Abate, 24, made his senior debut with Milan in 2003 but it was under Leonardo that he earned a regular place in the first team.

Uploads

Ezequiel Lavezzi: Going nowhere in January
    LAVEZZI KEEN TO STAY AT NAPOLI - AGENT

Ezequiel Lavezzi's agent insists the Argentina forward will remain at Napoli this season.
    Reports in Italy have linked the 26-year-old Lavezzi with a move to AC Milan in the January transfer window.
    Milan are looking to reinforce their attack in the new year with striker Antonio Cassano ruled out indefinitely after undergoing a heart procedure. Lavezzi is also a reported target of Manchester City.
    "There is no truth in reports linking Lavezzi with Milan," said the player's agent Alejandro Mazzoni to Corriere dello Sport.
    "Lavezzi's name has never come up in the conversations I've had with (AC Milan sporting director Ariedo) Braida.
    "Manchester City have never called me to enquire about Lavezzi.
    "Lavezzi is at Napoli and wants to remain here.
    "I don't think it's right to discuss a possible move for Lavezzi right now as he must only concentrate on Napoli's season and the Champions League."
    Lavezzi joined Napoli from San Lorenzo in 2007 and is under contract with the Serie A outfit until June 2015.

Uploads

Bjorn Helge Riise: Back at Craven Cottage
    BJORN HELGE RIISE BACK AT FULHAM

Bjorn Helge Riise has returned to Fulham following his brief loan spell with Portsmouth.
    The Norwegian midfielder moved to Fratton Park at the end of September but made just two appearances and was an unused substitute for the 3-0 win over Nottingham Forest on Saturday.
    Caretaker boss Guy Whittingham told The News: "Bjorn will not be staying. It just hasn't worked out for him, unfortunately.
    "I've been in that situation myself where you go on loan somewhere and it doesn't happen for you.
    "But he's been a great professional and I still think he's enjoyed being here. We've enjoyed having him here.
    "He understood the situation and he's been fine with it. It was the right decision to bring him in. He added to the squad and helped the competition for places."