Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 13-11-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 13-11-11

Latest Transfer Update at 13-11-11

Rafael Benitez: Interested in England job
    BENITEZ OPEN TO ENGLAND CHALLENGE

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez says he would be interested in the England job when Fabio Capello leaves, but he is also eyeing the role with the Spanish team.
    The Spaniard has been out of football management since leaving Italian champions Inter Milan last December.
    Benitez, who was the Reds manager from 2004-10 and won the Champions League in 2005, says he would be interested in the England and Spain jobs if they became available.
    He would also manage a club side - but only one which could challenge for the highest honours.
    Regarding the England and Spain jobs, Benitez told Sky Sports News: "Yes, why not? Everyone is asking you in Spain 'Do you want to be the manager in the future?'
    "And in England now everybody is talking about the position of Capello.
    "I think you have to respect the managers - that is the first thing - they are working and they have to carry on and see what happens in the future.
    "But, as a manager, always you are thinking about to have a big challenge like Spain or England but we have to wait."
    Benitez says he has had some great opportunities to get back into management but they have not been with the right team.
    "When you are looking for something now, after winning the Champions League or winning trophies in Spain and everywhere, you say 'I want someone that can give me a project to win the Champions League again, to win the Premier League'.
    "The option to fight and to improve a team but to have the possibility to challenge."
    Asked if he had his eye on anything, he replied: "I have had some offers in Asia, in Russia, in South America.
    "You always talk about big money not in this country but my priority is in Europe - the Premier League was the first idea.
    "If we don't have any option, a club that will be at the maximum level, then we will find another one."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 13-11-11

Andrew Johnson: Contract expires in the summer
    JOHNSON CONSIDERING FULHAM FUTURE

Andrew Johnson has admitted he has some thinking to do after being offered a new contract by Fulham.
    The 30-year-old, whose current deal expires next summer, has scored eight goals in his last eight games.
    Cottagers boss Martin Jol has admitted that Johnson is holding on for a deal until the summer of 2014, but the club have only tabled a deal until 2013.
    Johnson told the Sunday Mirror: "They have made me an offer to stay and I don't feel it's appropriate to go into the details of that offer.
    "But I have to take into account many things before I can commit my future to the club and I feel the contract should reflect my worth.
    "It will be the last big contract of my career and primarily I have to do what is right by my family. And if the contract doesn't reflect that then I will weigh up my options.
    "I have faced adversity in my career but I would like to think the Fulham supporters have always appreciated that I have given my best when I played."

Uploads

Giovanni Trapattoni: Keeping his focus
    TRAPATTONI CALM OVER HIS FUTURE

Giovanni Trapattoni remains relaxed over his future after guiding the Republic of Ireland to the brink of Euro 2012 qualification.
    The 72-year-old Italian's current deal is due to expire at the end of the current campaign, and speculation has firmly linked his chances of winning an extension with the presence or otherwise of his team in Poland and the Ukraine next summer.
    Friday night's 4-0 first leg win in Estonia saw them take a stranglehold on their play-off, but asked if he would be seeking early talks with Football Association of Ireland chief executive John Delaney, he was diplomatic.
    Trapattoni said: "You can put the question to the president, Mr Delaney. At this moment, we remain concentrated on the game."
    Tuesday night's second leg at the Aviva Stadium promises to be one of the biggest for Irish football in a decade since they last qualified for the finals of a major tournament.
    They have not played on the European stage since 1988 and are now just 90 minutes away from doing just that with an advantage of which they could hardly have dreamed to defend.
    However, Trapattoni has told his players they must reprise their heroics in Tallinn to clinch qualification and reward the fans for their support throughout the campaign.
    He said: "We must have respect for these people because at this moment, with the financial crisis, it's a sacrifice to come to the stadium.
    "We have to have respect for them and show them our commitment.
    "We have a duty to repeat this game, maybe not with the same goals, but for the Irish people.
    "I have said to the team to be careful. It will not be an easy game.
    "It is another 90 minutes for our opponents. They lost some pride and it is important that we play this game with the same seriousness for our opponents and for the people coming to the stadium to watch the game.
    "They pay for their tickets and expect a result - and not only a result, but also for us to play well.
    "At home, we can also play with more confidence now with this advantage, but with the same mentality."
    Trapattoni has only one fresh injury concern with midfielder Damian Duff having bruised, but not fractured, a rib in a collision with team-mate Glenn Whelan at the A Le Coq Arena.
    Full-back John O'Shea has recovered from his hamstring injury and is likely to return to the starting line-up, as will striker Kevin Doyle, who was suspended for last night's game.
    However, Newcastle's Leon Best has returned to his club with the manager's best wishes after joining up to have his groin injury assessed.
    Trapattoni said: "Leon Best was injured and he came in and after speaking with him and speaking with the doctor, we said to him to go home.
    "We said 'thanks' because he wished to come with us, but he is injured and I told him we didn't need him in this game and that it was better to go back with his team and finish his treatment."

Uploads

Hodgson: Set for talks

BAGGIES PLAN FOR HODGSON TALKS

West Brom are set to hold contract talks with head coach Roy Hodgson in the new year.
    Hodgson's current deal runs out next summer, and he will celebrate his 65th birthday in August 2012.
    He has transformed Albion's fortunes since replacing Roberto Di Matteo in February, saving them from relegation from the Premier League.
    Baggies sporting and technical director Dan Ashworth said: "We are fully aware of Roy's contract situation - as is Roy.
    "Roy is quite relaxed about it. We speak quite regularly about plans for next year.
    "We've had some vague discussions about the fact we've got some important fixtures coming up and that we will probably sit down in the new year."
    Ashworth admits the age factor may determine how much longer Hodgson wants to continue in management.
    He said: "Roy is a hugely experienced man and has been doing this for a long time so we will be very much bound by how much longer Roy wants to go on for.
    "It's not quite so simple as him being 40 with at least 25 years left in the game.
    "It's very much down to what he wants to do as well, but we're both very aware of the situation and we'll probably look at it in the new year."

Uploads

Beckham: Unlikely to move to QPR
    WARNOCK COOLS BECKHAM INTEREST

QPR manager Neil Warnock has given up hope of signing David Beckham.
    Earlier this season Rangers boldly threw their hat into the ring for Beckham, latching onto his desire to play for, and potentially captain, the Great Britain team in next year's Olympics.
    With the Major League Soccer season due to end next Sunday with Beckham's Los Angeles Galaxy taking on Dynamo Houston in the cup final, a posse of clubs have been linked with the 36-year-old midfielder.
    Rangers, with new owner Tony Fernandes at the helm, initially felt they could offer Beckham another new home once the January transfer window re-opens.
    However, that is not now going to happen according to Warnock, who was attending Sunday's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix along with players Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jay Bothroyd and Heidar Helguson as guests of Fernandes' Team Lotus.
    Asked in the Team Lotus garage whether Beckham was still an option, Warnock said: "No, I can't see that.
    "We're not there yet, we're a team in the making. We've some very important signings to make in January which we are looking at now, working on, to give us that push towards the end of the season."
    Suggested to Warnock that moving for Beckham was too bold a gamble, he added: "No, not really.
    "I like David, he is down to earth. It wouldn't bother him playing for QPR. He would play for the local team if he had to, he is that kind of guy.
    "In our case, at the moment we've very good players in those areas, and we're looking to strengthen other areas.
    "So until we're an established club I think we have to get our priorities right first."
    The Yas Marina Circuit, hailed by Lewis Hamilton as the best in F1, has opened Warnock's eyes to the kind of other world in which Fernandes conducts business.
    "It's a different world, and everything about the facilities are remarkable. To see this set up is amazing," added Warnock.
    "I can see now Tony is trying to do for us what he has done with his racing team.
    "Everything about his involvement is so enthusiastic, he wants to do well, and it's all rubbed off. All his crew at Lotus have been superb."
    Warnock appreciates, though, that as accommodating a character as Fernandes is, there is pressure to make the right decisions, that includes signing the right players again come January.
    "He's given me about 247 to look at it since I've met him," joked Warnock.
    "I try and give him an answer, but he's got friends all around the world and they're always calling him, so goodness knows what it's going to be like in the run-up to January.
    "But the main thing is he is very supportive, he listens to what I have to say, he doesn't always agree, which is the prerogative of any owner.
    "There will be times when he will wonder why I haven't played a particular player, and that's great.
    "I tell him my reasons, and then I have to hope we get a result to prove me right. If we don't, he's right."
    With matches against Stoke, Norwich and West Brom to come over the next three weeks, Warnock can sense Rangers are entering a pivotal phase of their season.
    "They're all difficult games in their own way - Stoke are fantastic at home, Norwich also have a really good home record, and West Brom aren't bad," said Warnock.
    "But we're playing quite well, so if we can elimate the elementary mistakes, like we did against Manchester City then we give most teams a good game."

Uploads

Alessandro del Piero: Wants to play in Premier League before retiring
    DEL PIERO KEEN ON PREM MOVE

Alessandro Del Piero has revealed he dreams of playing in the Premier League before the end of his illustrious career.
    The Juventus legend has been at the club for 18 years having signed from Padova in 1993 and is their all-time leading scorer and also record appearance holder.
    The 37-year-old was expected to retire when his current deal with Juve expires at the end of the season.
    The Turin club will not be offering the striker a new deal, but the Italian has no intention of retiring.
    He told France Football: "I have to confess a secret. I love the Premier League.
    "What a great league. Of course I would like to play there before retiring."

Uploads

Diniyar Bilyaletdinov: Wants first-team football ahead of Euro 2012
    BILYALETDINOV ISSUES QUIT THREAT

Everton's Diniyar Bilyaletdinov has said he wants to quit the club in January if he does not start seeing more first-team action.
    The Russia international was back in his homeland for Friday's friendly with Greece.
    Bilyaletdinov has featured in just four league games this season and the 26-year-old fears for his place with the national side ahead of Euro 2012.
    "At my club I almost don't play and therefore I'm of no interest to Dick Advocaat as a first-team player in the national team," Bilyaletdinov told Russian website Bobsoccer.
    "Of course, I'm not satisfied with this state of affairs. While there's still time until Euro 2012, I have to change something.
    "If nothing changes, I want to change the club in the winter. I've already started working on this."
    Bilyaletdinov, who joined Everton in 2009 from Lokomotiv Moscow for a fee close to 9million, has 18 months left on his current deal at Goodison Park.