Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 14-11-11

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 14-11-11

    Latest Transfer Update at 14-11-11

    Cesc Fabregas: Warning for Van Persie
    FABREGAS WARNING FOR VAN PERSIE

    Former Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas has told Robin van Persie that if he wants to leave the Emirates Stadium, he needs to do it now.
    Van Persie currently has 18 months left on his contract, and the Dutch forward has admitted to not being in any hurry to begin contract talks.
    Fabregas, who quit Arsenal in the summer to sign for Barcelona, has told van Persie this could be his last chance to leave, given he is already 28.
    "I don't know if they will keep him. It is his decision," Fabregas said of his former team-mate.
    "At his age, if he wants to move it will be his last chance and if he wants to stay he will stay and retire at Arsenal.
    "We will see what he decides but he's been very loyal to Arsenal for a few years. He is a key player, the fans love him.
    "He is the role model of Arsenal, the star player and they cannot afford to lose him.
    "He is having an amazing season. Hopefully he will be fit for the whole season.
    "Unfortunately when I was there, he never enjoyed a whole season without injury."
    Fabregas himself is loving life at Barca and he hit back at Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood, who suggested he would not get a game at the Nou Camp.
    "Some people thought I wouldn't get in the team [at Barca]," said Fabregas.
    "Maybe they didn't believe in me too much. I speak to the boys at Arsenal.
    "Arsenal gave me everything and I will never forget that. It will always be a special club. The fans have always been amazing to me. I only have amazing words to say about them.
    "It was a shame they started so badly but now they are back to winning ways and doing well."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 14-11-11

    Tevez: Expected back at Man City
    CARLOS TEVEZ EXPECTED BACK AT CITY

    Manchester City are expecting Carlos Tevez to report back to the club on Monday.
    The striker flew home to Argentina to visit his family last week, apparently without permission from City.
    City then confirmed they had given the 27-year-old until Monday to return.
    Representatives for Tevez had no comment to make on the matter last night.
    Reports Tevez had returned to Argentina began to emerge last Wednesday after he was pictured back in the country.
    That was a day after it transpired that the striker would not be appealing against against a club fine for misconduct.
    City had found Tevez guilty of refusing to play - one of five breaches of contract - during the Champions League loss at Bayern Munich on September 27.
    He was initially fined four weeks' wages but that was halved following intervention by the Professional Footballers' Association.
    Tevez flew out to Argentina last Monday night, ahead of what was a scheduled day off on Tuesday.
    PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor - who represented the Argentinian at his disciplinary hearing - expressed disappointment at this when, Taylor understood, Tevez was "clearly told not to".
    Tevez's representatives did say, however, that the player had attempted to contact manager Roberto Mancini several times before travelling but been unsuccessful.
    Tevez has not played for City since the infamous game at the Allianz Arena, after which Mancini claimed the player was "finished" at the club.
    He was suspended for two weeks while an investigation was conducted and was then asked to train alone, and later with the youth team, after returning.

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 14-11-11

    Marco Reus: On Manchester City's radar
    MAN CITY REVEAL REUS INTEREST

    Manchester City's technical director Mike Rigg has confirmed the club's interest in German starlet Marco Reus.
    The 22-year-old is emerging as one of the best prospects in the Bundesliga and made his debut for the national side earlier this season.
    Arsenal have been tipped off about him by their former goalkeeper Jens Lehmann, but now City have admitted they are keeping a watching brief too.
    "I know Marco, because I like him a lot," Rigg told Bild.
    "He is one of the most talented players you have in Germany and we have watched him very often."
    Reus is contracted to Borussia until 2015, but it is widely reported that an 18million euros release clause kicks in from next summer.

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 14-11-11

    Gary Johnson: Has moved on
    GARY JOHNSON LEAVES NORTHAMPTON

    Northampton have parted company with manager Gary Johnson by mutual consent.
    The 56-year-old's departure from Sixfields follows the Cobblers' 1-0 defeat at Luton in the FA Cup first round on Saturday.
    Former Latvia, Yeovil, Bristol City and Peterborough boss Johnson has only been in charge of Northampton since March 4, but they have struggled in League Two this season and currently sit 20th in the table with just four wins.
    Player-coach Dave Lee will take over as caretaker-boss with chief scout Andy Holt acting as his assistant.
    Chairman David Cardoza told the club's website: "Gary has been a successful manager in the past and I am sure he will be again in the future.
    "Unfortunately, things just haven't worked out for Gary here, and there comes a point when you have to accept that fact, take stock and make a decision and following talks between Gary and I over the weekend, it was decided that we part company.
    "We wish Gary all the very best for the future. We part on good terms and our search for a new manager now begins."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 14-11-11

    Mario Balotelli: Has a fan in Ranieri
    BALOTELLI DISPLAY DRAWS PRAISE

    Mario Balotelli's performance for Italy in the friendly against Poland did not go unnoticed by Inter Milan coach Claudio Ranieri.
    The 21-year-old forward scored his first goal for the Azzurri and set up another in Friday's 2-0 victory.
    Balotelli played three seasons for Inter before leaving the Serie A club for Manchester City in the summer of 2010.
    And Ranieri revealed he would like to coach Balotelli one day.
    "I would welcome Balotelli with open arms," Ranieri said in an interview with Corriere dello Sport. "He is a formidable talent.
    "I have not spoken to the players in the changing room to understand if there is any aversion with regards to him."
    Balotelli got into trouble with Inter fans when he was photographed wearing the shirt of AC Milan - the club he supported while growing up.
    He was dropped by Italy coach Cesare Prandelli for indiscipline earlier this year, but is doing well under Manchester City coach Roberto Mancini.
    "He can become one of the best players in the world but it's all down to him," Ranieri said.
    Italy coach Carlo Ancelotti believes Mancini deserves credit for helping Balotelli develop.
    "Balotelli has matured," the former AC Milan and Chelsea coach said to Gazzetta dello Sport. "Now on the pitch he shows seriousness and gives an added value to the national team.
    "Mario has found the right path thanks to Mancini."
    Balotelli, who is under contract with City until June 2015, is set to lead Italy's attack in Tuesday night's friendly against Uruguay in Rome.

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 14-11-11

    Carlos Tevez: Too expensive for Boca
    BOCA: CARLOS TEVEZ TOO EXPENSIVE

    Boca Juniors president Jorge Amor Ameal insists Carlos Tevez remains too expensive for them to sign.
    Tevez was back in his native Argentina last week, which prompted fresh suggestions that Boca could offer him a route out of Manchester City.
    But although Ameal admits to have had contact with Tevez, he admits Boca could not afford a deal for the striker.
    Another of his former clubs, Corinthians, remain interested but Boca admit they will not be joining the bidding at the current level.
    Carlos is deservedly a very important figure here," Ameal told local radio.
    "But from the economic point it is impossible. I did talk to him, and I lent him our support."
    Tevez's return to Argentina meant he was AWOL, as he was due to report for training with City.
    The Blues are now expecting him back on Monday for a fresh disciplinary hearing following his trip back to South America.
    City had found Tevez guilty of five breaches of contract during the Champions League loss at Bayern Munich on September 27.
    He was initially fined four weeks' wages but that was halved following intervention by the Professional Footballers' Association.
    Tevez flew out to Argentina last Monday night, ahead of what was a scheduled day off on Tuesday.
    PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor - who represented the Argentinian at his disciplinary hearing - expressed disappointment at this when, Taylor understood, Tevez was "clearly told not to".
    Tevez's representatives did say, however, that the player had attempted to contact manager Roberto Mancini several times before travelling but been unsuccessful.
    Tevez has not played for City since the infamous game at the Allianz Arena, after which Mancini claimed the player was "finished" at the club.
    He was suspended for two weeks while an investigation was conducted and was then asked to train alone, and later with the youth team, after returning.

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 14-11-11

    Mousa Dembele: Clarified comments
    DEMBELE PLAYS DOWN SPURS LINK

    Mousa Dembele has moved quickly to quash speculation linking him with a move away from Fulham.
    The 24-year-old forward is currently on international duty with Belgium and reports emanated suggesting he would be open to a move away from Craven Cottage, with Tottenham mooted as a possible destination.
    Spurs were reported to have had a 10million bid turned down on the final day of the January transfer window, and there have been suggestions they could return with a similar bid this winter.
    But Dembele, who signed from AZ Alkmaar in August 2010, has rejected the notion he wants to leave Fulham.
    "Yes, I was asked about the links with Spurs and I did respond that I was flattered by interest in me because it means I am playing well, nothing more," he said in a statement released to Press Association Sport.
    "However, I am happy at Fulham and I am under contract here.
    "I am making progress under Martin Jol and adding further dimensions to my game, so I'm happy playing here.
    "I want to assure the manager, the fans and of course the chairman, I am fully committed to the club and that any links with other clubs are nothing but speculation, and something I am not even thinking about at this time."
    Earlier, Dembele was quoted in the Belgian press as saying he would consider the chance of playing in a team competing at the top end of the Barclays Premier League.
    Speaking to Flemish daily newspaper De Standaard, Dembele said: "I did well last season when I was not injured, through many matches for Fulham, so why not step higher?"
    Of Tottenham's reported interest, Dembele added: "Yes, I heard that. It would obviously be a step higher and that has always been my goal."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 14-11-11

    Blackburn's owners aren't looking to sell
    VENKY'S RULE OUT BLACKBURN SALE

    Blackburn owners Venky's have insisted they have "no interest" in selling the club just a year after taking over at Ewood Park.
    Middle East oil giant Qatar Petroleum have been linked with a potential takeover bid but, despite a difficult 12 months in charge, bosses at the Indian poultry firm are intent on keeping control of Rovers.
    "We have no interest in selling Blackburn Rovers whatsoever," co-owner Venkatesh Rao told the Lancashire Telegraph.
    Venky's mark their first anniversary in charge this Saturday, but their reign has come in for increased criticism in recent months with performances on the pitch prompting a number of fans' protests.
    The club are currently next-bottom of the Barclays Premier League after taking just six points - with only one victory - from their first 11 games.
    There is growing discontent among supporters about the direction the club has gone in over the last year and while protests were initially aimed at manager Steve Kean, the last one prior to the international break also targeted Venky's.

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 14-11-11

    Hugo Rodallega: Out of contract next summer
    MARTINEZ WANTS RODALLEGA RESOLUTION

    Wigan manager Roberto Martinez wants to find a solution to striker Hugo Rodallega's contract issue before the transfer window opens.
    The Colombia international's current deal expires in the summer and there has already been interest from Italian side Juventus, who would be able to open negotiations in January.
    Martinez has other more pressing issues with his team bottom of the table, but is optimistic the contracts of the club's all-time record Premier League scorer and midfielder Mohamed Diame will be sorted in the next six weeks.
    "We have been talking with Hugo for a long time and it's something we need to sort out," the Latics manager told the Evening Post.
    "His agent has been over in Colombia which has made things difficult but he'll be visiting here shortly.
    "Once we can get everyone together, I really don't think it'll be very difficult to find a solution.
    "It's important we don't get to January without knowing where we are, though, because we need to have as much stability as we can at the football club.
    "Between now and January is an eternity in football and we shouldn't be concerned with what might or what might not happen.
    "Momo (Diame) is in the same boat as Hugo but we're still talking with his people as well and we are hoping to have things to announce before we get to January.
    "We want to resolve these personal situations as quickly as we can but the important thing in the meantime is to focus on the team and winning games."

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 14-11-11

    Lukasz Fabianski: Held talks with Wenger
    FABIANSKI EYEING LOAN MOVE

    Unsettled Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski admits he is willing to go out on loan in search of regular first-team football.
    Fabianski has found himself behind No 1 Wojciech Szczesny this season and he fears his lack of action could scupper his hopes of making Poland's squad for next summer's Euro 2012 finals.
    The 26-year-old is frustrated with his situation at the Emirates and he has held talks with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger about his future.
    Fabianski is now hoping Wenger will allow him to go out on loan like he did with Manuel Almunia enjoying a spell at West Ham last month.
    "I had a chat with the boss a few days ago and it was quite an intensive one," Fabianski is quoted as saying in The Sun.
    "It was me who asked to speak although we will have a few more chats.
    "I want my situation to be resolved in the nearest future because I want to play at Euro 2012.
    "I hope Wenger will understand me and we find a solution. I want to play for Arsenal but if not, I will have to go somewhere else, even if it is on loan."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 17-10-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17-10-2011, 19:21:12
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 28-08-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 29-08-2011, 00:03:47
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 12-08-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-08-2011, 23:52:35
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 11-08-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 19:18:21
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 10-08-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 23:38:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •