Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 15-11-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 15-11-11

Latest Transfer Update at 15-11-11

Guti: Leaving Besiktas, according to reports
    GUTI LEAVES BESIKTAS - REPORTS

Besiktas have cancelled the contract of veteran Spanish midfielder Guti, according to reports in Turkey.
    The former Real Madrid stalwart - he made over 500 appearances for the Bernabeu club in a 15-year spell before joining Besiktas in July 2010 - has been a peripheral figure for the Super Lig outfit this season.
    He has played just three games and is reportedly unhappy in Istanbul.
    The Turkish media claim Besiktas decided to take action after the 35-year-old failed to report for training after a three-day break. His contract was due to expire at the end of the season.
    Guti claimed five Primera Division titles and three Champions League crowns during his spell in Madrid.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 15-11-11

Peter Odemwingie: Happy at The Hawthorns
    ODEMWINGIE: NO ANZHI AMBITION

Peter Odemwingie has distanced himself from rumours linking him with Anzhi Mahachkala.
    The West Brom striker spent much of the summer fending off speculation regarding his future, with numerous sides reported to be interested.
    In the end he committed his future to the Baggies by penning a new long-term contract.
    Fresh terms have failed to bring an end to the transfer gossip, though, with a return to Russia now touted for the former Lokomotiv Moscow frontman.
    Anzhi have the money to finance a move for just about any player in world football, and they are continually on the lookout for fresh faces.
    Odemwingie admits the future appears bright for the club, as they follow the Chelsea blueprint for success, but the Nigeria international insists he has no plans to join their ambitious project.
    "Here (Russia) Mahachkala are likened to Chelsea and they are often called a Chelsea clone," he told Sovsport.ru.
    "It is true that there are many similarities - they both have millionaire owners and great ambition.
    "They have been forming a great squad at Anzhi. They have signed (Samuel) Eto'o, (Yuri) Zhirkov and (Balazs) Dzsudzsak.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this team goes on to have success in the Champions League.
    "I doubt that I would accept an offer from Anzhi if I was to receive one. At the moment I like the English Premier League. In the future, we will see."

Uploads

Albert Adomah: Eyed by Premier League scouts
    ADOMAH 'NOT FOR SALE'

Bristol City chairman Colin Sexstone says the club have no need to cash in on star winger Albert Adomah.
    Last season's player of the year - contracted until 2014 at Ashton Gate - has continued to produce a string of eye-catching displays that have attracted Premier League scouts.
    But Sexstone has warned off potential suitors, telling the Bristol Evening Post: "Albert is a Bristol City player and we want it to stay that way.
    "We are building for the future under a new manager (Derek McInnes) and we are not in the business of letting our best players go.
    "We are aware that players of Albert's quality are going to attract attention, but we have received no phone calls about him yet.
    "He is a very talented player and one we intend keeping. He's enjoying his football here and we do not need to sell."

Uploads

Carlos Tevez: 'More problems', admits Taylor
    TAYLOR LAMENTS LATEST TEVEZ TWIST

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor believes a reconciliation between Carlos Tevez and Manchester City becomes "more impossible" by the day.
    The club had requested their Argentina striker return to England on Monday but he opted to remain at home in South America.
    And while there is still dialogue between the 27-year-old's representatives and City officials Taylor thinks the longer Tevez remains out of the country the worse the situation will get.
    "It's another week and there are more problems really," he told Sky Sports News.
    "The situation continues and the longer it goes with him being away the more impossible it becomes to reconcile the situation."
    Tevez's presence had been requested back in Manchester to discuss last week's, apparently unauthorised, trip to Argentina to visit family.
    Press Association Sport understands despite his failure to return to Tevez still wants a quick resolution to the issue.
    Discussions took between the player's representatives and Manchester City officials over the weekend about how things should move forward and those talks are expected to continue over the coming days.
    And although there are claims disciplinary proceedings await him when Tevez does come back it is believed that is not the case.
    City confirmed last week they had requested Tevez return on Monday so when there was a no-show at the club's Carrington training complex speculation began to grow about Tevez's whereabouts and intentions.
    Some reports in South America suggested the striker had obtained a medical certificate stating he was unable to leave Argentina.
    That has been dismissed by his representatives, as has the suggestion that had he returned to England he would have found City's lawyers waiting to instigate more disciplinary action against him.
    City have declined to comment on latest the issue, which began to develop last Wednesday when reports emerged Tevez had returned to Argentina.
    That was a day after it transpired that the striker would not be appealing against a club fine for misconduct after City had found Tevez guilty of refusing to play - one of five breaches of contract - during the Champions League defeat in Munich on September 27.
    Tevez has not played for City since that game at the Allianz Arena, after which manager Roberto Mancini claimed the player was "finished" at the club.
    He was suspended for two weeks while an investigation was conducted and was then asked to train alone, and later with the youth team, after returning.
    He was initially fined four weeks' wages but that was halved following intervention by the PFA.

Uploads

Daniele De Rossi: Massive bid turned down, says Conti
    ROMA CLAIM DE ROSSI BID

Roma once turned down a €70million (60m) offer from Chelsea for midfielder Daniele De Rossi, according to club director Bruno Conti.
    The 28-year-old Italian is out of contract at the end of the season and has been linked with a move away from the Stadio Olimpico, with both Manchester clubs and Real Madrid among those thought to be interested.
    The Serie A club have been locked in talks with De Rossi over an extension and are hopeful of keeping him in the capital.
    Conti maintains the midfielder will not depart Roma and claims the club previously rejected a big-money offer from Chelsea for his services.
    "De Rossi will stay at Roma, no doubt about it," Conti told Radio Mana Mana.
    "I would like to remind people of the following: Chelsea offered €70m for him, a lot of money, but [then president] Rosella Sensi turned it down."

Uploads

Rob Lainton: Set for loan move
    LAINTON SET FOR LOAN MOVE

Highly-rated Bolton keeper Rob Lainton is set to be let out on loan.
    The 21-year-old has come through the youth ranks at the Reebok Stadium and is currently third choice under Owen Coyle.
    Lainton is highly thought of and now the Trotters are keen for him to taste some first-team action in order to aid his development.
    "Bolton think an awful lot of Rob, and Owen feels he should be getting more experience," his agent Peter Morrison told skysports.com.
    "We are now looking at the options and expect a loan deal to happen shortly. Rob has a good reputation and a number of clubs are aware of him."
    Lainton has two years left on his deal at Bolton after being handed a new contract in the summer.

Uploads

Marek Stech: Back with West Ham
    STECH RECALLED BY HAMMERS

Marek Stech has been recalled from his loan spell at Yeovil by West Ham.
    The 21-year-old goalkeeper made five appearances during a month-long stay at Huish Park.
    He helped the Glovers to three draws in that period, keeping a clean sheet against Stevenage.
    Stech's departure leaves boss Terry Skiverton light in the goalkeeping department - coach Gareth Stewart turned out in Saturday's FA Cup win over Hereford as Stech was away on international duty with Czech Republic Under-21s.
    Jed Steer began the season in goal for Town but injury forced him to return to parent club Norwich.

Uploads

Robert Huth: Bundesliga links
    POTTERS PAIR TO GET NEW DEALS

Tony Pulis has hinted Robert Huth and Glenn Whelan are to be offered new long-term contracts at Stoke.
    Defender Huth and midfielder Whelan, both 27, have been integral to Pulis' plans this season and the Potters boss is keen to reward them for their efforts.
    Huth still has two years to run on his current deal but has reportedly been drawing interest from the Bundesliga, which may prompt Stoke to hand him an improved offer.
    And Republic of Ireland international Whelan is believed to be in talks over a four-year extension to his deal at the Britannia.
    Pulis said: "We always look after the players who have done well for us and we want to keep Robert and Glenn here for a long time.
    "Everybody has to feel a part of what we're trying to achieve."

Uploads

Neymar: Showcased his talents to English fans with two goals against Scotland at the Emirates in March
    NEYMAR HAS NO CHELSEA REGRETS

Brazilian prodigy Neymar insists he has no regrets over turning down a big-money move to Chelsea.
    The Santos starlet, 19, has been courted by the Blues over the last 18 months but rejected a switch to west London in summer 2010.
    It is thought Neymar, who has also been targeted by most of Europe's biggest clubs, wants to remain with Santos until after the 2014 World Cup in his homeland.
    He has recently signed an improved deal at the Sao Paulo club and insists he has no regrets about snubbing Chelsea's interest last year.
    "Last year's proposition from Chelsea? I really have no regret," Neymar told France Football magazine.
    "From the moment I decided to remain in my own country I thought it was right.
    "Without that decision I would not have won the Copa Libertadores, a title which Santos was waiting almost 50 years for."
    But Neymar, who has also been heavily linked with moves to Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid, has not ruled a Stamford Bridge switch in the future.
    He added: "Obviously I am dreaming to play in Europe. I don't know when but one day I will go.
    "I have always loved Spanish football, but there are other leagues that attract me too, like Italy or England."

Uploads

Didier Drogba: Has a fan in Galliani
    GALLIANI COOLS CHELSEA DUO LINKS

Adriano Galliani says AC Milan would only try to bring in a striker on loan in January after former coach Carlo Ancelotti recommended the Italian champions sign Nicolas Anelka or Didier Drogba.
    Ancelotti spent two years managing Anelka and Drogba at Chelsea and revealed on Monday he believed either man would slot in well at the San Siro.
    The experienced frontmen are both out of contract at Chelsea at the end of the season and Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas has previously ruled out selling either player in the January transfer window.
    Milan have been tipped to make a signing in the New Year after Antonio Cassano was ruled out for several months after recently undergoing heart surgery.
    Rossoneri vice-president Galliani has acknowledged his admiration for Anelka and Drogba, but has played down talk of a winter swoop following Ancelotti's comments.
    Galliani told La Gazzetta dello Sport: "Ancelotti has suggested we take Anelka or Drogba? Ancelotti understands football. Perhaps we will take them both!
    "But seriously it is not certain that we'll take someone in January and, eventually, it would be a loan because I promised to keep a place for Cassano.
    "Anelka is a major player but I have been in love with Drogba since he played in Marseille."
    The Serie A title holders also dismissed rumours of any bid to bring Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli back to Italy in the near future.
    Galliani added: "Right now I think it is impossible for any Italian team to think about Balotelli. He has only sympathy for our colours."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast