Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 16-11-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 16-11-11

Latest Transfer Update at 16-11-11

Guus Hiddink: Set to leave his role as Turkey coach
    HIDDINK IN NEW CHELSEA LINK

Guus Hiddink is again being linked with a return to Chelsea after he failed to guide Turkey to the European Championship.
    As expected, Turkey failed to overturn a 3-0 first-leg deficit against Croatia on Tuesday and will therefore not be a part of Euro 2012.
    Hiddink always stressed he would not contemplate his future until after his duties with Turkey were finished and he is expected to officially leave his role as their coach this week.
    He has already this week dismissed a link with Ajax as sporting director, but a return to Stamford Bridge in a similar capacity has also been mooted.
    "I've not made up my mind about the future yet," Hiddink said.
    "I'm going to take some time off and then we will see what happens, but I had a wonderful time in England.
    "It was great at Chelsea, a terrific time, but that doesn't mean I am ready to start tomorrow. I need some time to reflect.
    "I'm not ready to retire, I like to be involved with a team on a daily basis, but maybe I am ready to step out of the limelight a little bit, away from the cameras.
    "Hopefully I will still be involved but perhaps it will be as an adviser or a consultant."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 16-11-11

Giovanni Trapattoni: Heading for Euro 2012
    IRELAND PLAN TRAPATTONI TALKS

The Football Association of Ireland have confirmed talks regarding a possible new contract for Republic of Ireland coach Giovanni Trapattoni are likely to take place in a couple of weeks.
    Trapattoni has steered Ireland to a first major tournament appearance in a decade after Tuesday's 1-1 draw with Estonia sealed a 5-1 aggregate success and a place at Euro 2012.
    The veteran Italian's current contract is due to expire at the end of the campaign, but he has expressed an interest in leading Ireland's bid to reach the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil.
    FAI chief executive John Delaney wants the immediate focus to be on celebrating qualification for the European Championship, but also revealed there is a willingness to sit down and discuss Trapattoni's future.
    Delaney told Sky Sports: "To work with Giovanni Trapattoni, for me, has been a pleasure.
    "The board will meet in the next couple of weeks to sit down with Giovanni to discuss as to what can happen in the future."
    Delaney added: "I think that should happen sooner rather than later.
    "I think we should have our discussion. There has been a lot public debate about what's happening, all the usual stuff, but tonight is about qualifying.
    "We'll leave for another week or two the debate about the manager's contract, but what I will say is has Giovanni Trapattoni taken us forward?
    "Yes, he has. Four years ago where were we? Today we're in a far better place and we're qualified."

Uploads

Clough: Hopeful of Naylor potential
    NAYLOR'S RAMS DEAL DONE

Derby have completed the loan signing of Mansfield defender Tom Naylor with a view to a permanent move.
    The 20-year-old centre-half impressed during a recent trial with the Rams and has attracted interest from a number of clubs in recent months.
    Manager Nigel Clough has now moved to secure Naylor's services until January, and told the club's official website: "Tom is a young player who we feel can develop and improve into a Championship player.
    "He is one for the future with a lot of potential and we hope he can fulfil it in a Derby County shirt.
    "Tom has been on trial at a couple of clubs in the last few weeks and has been linked with various moves so I am sure he is looking forward to settling down here and proving his worth.
    "He's got a few weeks to see how he settles and progresses here and if all goes well then we will look to go down the avenue of making the move permanent in January."

Uploads

Keith Andrews: Impressing at Ipswich
    ANDREWS EXPECTS BLACKBURN EXIT

Keith Andrews admits he is in the dark over his future but has ruled out the possibility of returning to Blackburn.
    The Republic of Ireland midfielder is currently on loan with Championship side Ipswich, although he is scheduled to return to Ewood Park in January.
    He has enjoyed a successful spell at Portman Road, scoring five goals in 14 appearances and has helped Paul Jewell's side move to 15th in the division.
    The 31-year-old moved to Blackburn from MK Dons in 2008 but believes that his time with the club has come to an end.
    He told The Herald: "The loan is up in early January and I don't honestly know what'll happen then.
    "There have been bits and pieces in the press in England that Ipswich want to sign me on a permanent deal so we'll see what happens.
    "I don't think Blackburn want me back and I don't want to go back there so I'm sure something will get done. We'll wait and see."

Uploads

Chris Martin: Palace loan move
    PALACE LOAN FOR CHRIS MARTIN

Crystal Palace have signed striker Chris Martin on loan from Norwich until January 2.
    The 23-year-old has played four times in the Premier League for the Canaries, most recently in the 2-0 defeat by Manchester United in October.
    Martin was a prolific goalscorer in League One when Norwich went up as champions, but he struggled for goals last season and has found himself on the fringe of Paul Lambert's plans so far in 2011/12.
    Lambert said: "Chris needs to get some games, and that's why I decided it was the right thing to send him out on loan.
    "Palace have made a good start under Dougie Freedman this season, and if he does play it will be at a good competitive level, which is important."
    The Eagles have exceeded most peoples' expectations so far this season, sitting in the play-off places with more than a third of the campaign gone.

Uploads

Steven Pienaar: Happy to be at Tottenham
    PIENAAR: NO REGRETS OVER SPURS MOVE

Steven Pienaar insists he has 'no regrets' over his 3million move to Tottenham earlier this year.
    The 29-year-old stunned Everton officials when he left for the London club after stalling on a new deal at the Merseyside club for over a year.
    The former Ajax winger has found his chances at his new team limited to just a dozen appearances because of a string of injuries.
    But despite the setbacks the South African remains positive he made the right choice in moving.
    "Regrets? No, not at all," he told The Independent. "It has been a year of mixed feelings, and yes it has been a bumpy road, but hopefully I can make it a success.
    "It has been a very hard decision to make. It was hard to leave Everton as club and Liverpool as a city.
    "The people I had around me, the players, most of the supporters were very good to me, and I will always be grateful to them.
    "It was hard to go, but in life you have to make decisions. I made this one as a footballer and as a human being, and I don't have any regrets about what I chose to do. Not at all."

Uploads

Stephen Hughes: Rejoins Motherwell
    HUGHES AGREES MOTHERWELL DEAL

Stephen Hughes has signed for former club Motherwell until January 3, the Lanarkshire club have confirmed.
    The 29-year-old was a free agent after leaving Norwich, and after being invited to train at Fir Park by boss Stuart McCall, he impressed in three bounce games which led to the offer of a short-term contract.
    The former Rangers and Leicester midfielder, who played for the Steelmen between 2007 and 2009, will go straight into the first-team squad for Saturday's trip to Aberdeen in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

Uploads

Jos Hooiveld: Talks over permanent deal
    SAINTS EYE HOOIVELD DEAL

Southampton are in negotiations with Celtic over a permanent deal for on-loan defender Jos Hooiveld.
    The 28-year-old Dutchman has played 12 times, scoring three goals, for the Saints since joining from the Bhoys in August.
    Hooiveld is due to return to Celtic in January but his agent Alex Kroes has confirmed that preliminary negotiations over a permanent transfer have begun.
    "Southampton and Celtic are talking about a permanent move for Jos," told BBC Radio Solent.
    However no fee has been agreed nor has the player, who joined Celtic for 1.8million from AIK Solna in January 2010, started negotiating personal terms.

Uploads

Klaus Allofs: Rubbished Cologne talk
    ALLOFS REJECTS COLOGNE SPECULATION

Werder Bremen sporting director Klaus Allofs insists he is committed to the club amid speculation linking him with the presidency of his old club Cologne.
    Allofs played for Cologne from 1981 to 1987, and the club are reported to be interested in bringing him back to replace outgoing president Wolfgang Overath.
    However, Allofs told German tabloid newspaper Bild: "I can clearly reject this speculation. I am speaking exclusively with Werder. This is a matter of honour. There are no other ways of thinking for me."
    Allofs did leave open the possibility of leaving Bremen if talks with the club did not reach a successful conclusion though.
    "If you end up not coming to an agreement that is another matter. Should it be so that things change, one must evaluate the situation," he added.

Uploads

Mario Balotelli: Not looking for Serie A return
    BALOTELLI INSISTENT OVER ITALY TALK

Mario Balotelli has again played down reports of an imminent return to Italian football.
    The Manchester City striker has never hidden his desire to one day return to his homeland, but he insists that it will not be any time soon.
    Italian media claim that the likes of AC Milan, Inter Milan and Napoli could try to land him in January - but he says this is not the case.
    "Not now," he said after playing in Italy's 1-0 defeat to Uruguay in Rome.
    "One day we will see. It is true I have spoken about Inter or Milan but there are also other teams in England or in Spain.
    "Napoli I have said that I like the town, and I thank Moratti [Inter president Massimo] for saying he would sign me back immediately."
    Speaking about Italy, Balotelli insists the Azzurri will go to Poland and Ukraine as one of the favourites to win the European Championship.
    "The European Championship ? We go to Ukraine and Poland to win, otherwise it is the end of the world," he said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast