Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 18-11-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 18-11-11

Latest Transfer Update at 18-11-11

Abidal: Out of contract next summer
    ABIDAL FACES BARCA EXIT - AGENT

Eric Abidal's agent admits the chances of his client leaving Barcelona at the end of the season are increasing by the day.
    The France international is out of contract next summer but has rejected Barca's latest offer, which was for one more year plus a further 12 months on a pay-as-you-play basis.
    His agent David Venditelli believes the 32-year-old, who returned to action towards the end of the 2010/11 season after successfully overcoming a liver tumour, is deserving of better.
    Venditelli told COM Radio on Friday: "Today we have a proposition with a bonus for each match played, and we don't want a contract like that.
    "We want a permanent contract without variables. Not because of economic issues but more to show recognition and confidence in Abidal.
    "Although they have behaved exceptionally with us, we are entitled to have our desires on the new contract.
    "We have a very good relationship with the club, but we have not yet found the solution. It is true that as time passes, the risk increases of Abidal leaving Barcelona.
    "In early December, we have another meeting. Abidal wants to stay here and retire here."
    Defender Abidal joined Barca in 2007 and has made over 100 league appearances for the European champions.

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 18-11-11

Billy Brown: Ready to return to management
    BILLY BROWN KEEN ON HIBS JOB

Billy Brown believes he is ready to be a manager after confirming he is in the running to succeed Colin Calderwood as Hibernian boss.
    Brown was placed in caretaker charge after Calderwood was sacked on November 6, a day after the home loss to Dunfermline which left Hibs ninth in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League, one point off the foot of the table.
    Following 23 years as assistant to Jim Jefferies at Hibs' Edinburgh rivals Hearts (twice), Falkirk, Bradford and Kilmarnock, Brown now hopes to land the number one post and has already been interviewed by the Easter Road board.
    Hibs have also been linked with Bohemians' Pat Fenlon and Michael O'Neill of Shamrock Rovers and on Thursday revealed "significant progress" had been made in their recruitment search, with an interview shortlist drawn up following 90 applications.
    Brown said: "I'm on that shortlist and I've been interviewed for the job as well.
    "I've no idea how it went. You just go in and be yourself. I felt all right about it.
    "I'm ready for the job - I've served a hell of an apprenticeship.
    "I've waited long and hard to be in the frame for a big job, because I never, ever wanted to take a job that was less than the one I had.
    "But this is bigger and that's why I want it."
    Brown began the season as assistant manager at Hearts under Jefferies, but the duo left Tynecastle in August.
    Brown, who was appointed Calderwood's assistant at Easter Road in September, will take charge of Saturday's SPL clash with Kilmarnock, one of his former clubs, but hopes it is not his only chance to impress.
    Brown said: "If you're going to get a job of this magnitude, relying on one game, that's not right.
    "You're either the man for the job or you're not. One game shouldn't make a difference.
    "I've been here a wee while now and everybody knows me. They either think I'm good enough to do the job or I'm not."
    Jefferies could also be a contender and Brown has spoken to his former partner about the position.
    Brown said: "I was never, ever going to do anything without talking to him first.
    "If I get the job he would be delighted, unless he's wanting it as well, of course.
    "I don't think he's applied for this one - doesn't mean to say he's not in for it.
    "When somebody of that calibre is out of a job he's got to be in consideration for any job that comes up."
    Calderwood was Hibs' fourth manager in less than four years and Brown had a message for the squad as he begins the bid to reverse fortunes at Easter Road, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis.
    He said: "In the last 18 months things haven't gone well at all and that's got to be turned around sooner rather than later.
    "In general the players at the club have got to get their fingers out of their backsides. Things have got to change.
    "You can't keep blaming the manager. The players are the ones that are responsible once they go out on the park and there has to be a collective responsibility at this club. I have pointed that out to them.
    "Hibs are generally seen as a soft touch and we've got to be more competitive. That's one of the things I've been trying to concentrate on.
    "I think the players have responded to what I'm trying to do.
    "We need to string two or three results together. I'm sure with a couple of victories we can turn it round.
    "I hope whoever turns up on Saturday sees a committed team.
    "I'd like to see a different type of attitude than what's been shown. I hope it's an 'up and at 'em' display."
    On-loan Wolves striker Leigh Griffiths is Hibs' only doubt for Saturday with a stomach bug.

Uploads

Keith Andrews: On loan at Ipswich
    JEWELL KEEN TO KEEP LOAN DUO

Paul Jewell is looking to add to his Ipswich squad and admits he would be keen to keep loan stars Danny Collins and Keith Andrews at the club.
    Collins and Andrews have impressed following their arrival from Stoke and Blackburn, respectively.
    Having settled quickly into the Portman Road camp, Jewell is eager to bring them on board on a permanent basis.
    He will explore the possibility of pushing through such deals in January, while he will also look at a number of other long-term targets as he attempts to push Ipswich into the Championship promotion picture.
    Jewell feels it is important to start planning for the future and has revealed that he will attempt to sniff out a number of exciting youngsters, in much the same way as Town were able to acquire Aaron Cresswell from Tranmere over the summer.
    "I prefer to look long-term and we have a lot of short-term deals at the minute," he told his club's official website.
    "Most of the lads we have brought in on loan have done terrifically well and we would like to make the likes of Danny Collins and Keith Andrews permanent additions, if possible.
    "If we can make something happen with the players and their clubs then it is something that we would like to do.
    "But we also want to bring in a younger element to the squad, the Cressy's of this world, who show a real hunger and desire to play and enjoy coming into training every day.
    "If you can get the right mixture of young and experienced players then it will be a terrific future for us."

Uploads

Louis van Gaal: New Ajax role
    CRUYFF: VAN GAAL APPOINTMENT 'STINKS'

Ajax legend Johan Cruyff has revealed the decision to appoint Louis van Gaal as the club's new general director was taken behind his back - and says the actions of his fellow board members "stinks".
    The Amsterdam giants announced on Wednesday that their former coach Van Gaal would return to the club in July 2012 as the replacement for Rik van den Boog, who left the post earlier this year.
    Cruyff and Van Gaal - although briefly team-mates at Ajax in the early 1970s - have famously never seen eye to eye, and the decision to hire Van Gaal to such a senior role without his knowledge has angered the 64-year-old Cruyff.
    "I do not know what I have to say. To start, I knew nothing, nothing, really," Cruyff told Voetbal International.
    "You think you are on the right road and then suddenly this happens.
    "Legally, they all know how it works, but of course it stinks all around."
    Cruyff claims he was in Barcelona when the meeting was scheduled and was unable to return to Holland in time to attend.
    "Until Tuesday afternoon I was still in Amsterdam, and only then did I go back to Barcelona," he said.
    "It is very coincidental that the next day a meeting of the board is called.
    "I could obviously not be there."
    Cruyff claims the actions of his four colleagues on the board has caused ructions at the club, and it remains to be seen whether the decision to hire Van Gaal will be formally rubber-stamped.
    "The major shareholder must now decide what will happen. And that shareholder Ajax itself," said Cruyff.
    "I would also like to know what all the trainers think. It is certainly clear that a lot of people have been taken for a ride, including myself."
    Van Gaal admitted earlier this month that it would be "impossible" for the two men to work together at Ajax, and Cruyff fears his position could become untenable if the deal goes through.
    "It seems clear to me. But let's not get ahead of ourselves," he said.
    "Let's first see what exactly the club as a whole wants."
    Despite their differences, both Van Gaal and Cruyff boast stellar - and comparable - managerial records.
    Van Gaal was coach of the Ajax team that won three successive Eredivisie titles between 1994 and 1996 and the Champions League in 1995. He went on to lead Barcelona to two Spanish league titles before guiding AZ Alkmaar to the Dutch league crown in 2009 and Bayern to the German Bundesliga title in 2010.
    Cruyff managed Ajax between 1985 and 1988, winning the KNVB Beker twice and the European Cup Winners' Cups, before winning 11 trophies as manager of Barcelona, including four La Liga titles and one European Cup.

Uploads

Lucho Gonzalez: Wants to leave Marseille
    AGENT: GONZALEZ KEEN TO LEAVE

The agent of Lucho Gonzalez has confirmed the out-of-favour Marseille midfielder's determination to leave the club in the winter transfer window.
    The Argentinian has been left on the bench by coach Didier Deschamps in recent weeks to prompt speculation of a move away.
    Lucho had been linked with Arsenal and Malaga in the summer and, while the interest of both teams has reportedly cooled, his agent Federico Simonian still expects his player to be sold.
    "He wants to leave," Simonian was quoted as saying by L'Equipe.
    "He wants to play in a championship that is better than Ligue 1."
    OM have moved to tie down one of their key men after veteran defender Souleymane Diawara extended his contract by a further year until 2014.
    "I am very happy. I want to win more titles with OM and I would like to finish my career here," he told a press conference.
    "If we weren't happy with him, we wouldn't have offered him the extension," added Deschamps.
    "We know what he has done for the club and he remains an important person here even if he has experienced some periods where he has not been so good."

Uploads

Gus Poyet: Lets Bergkamp leave on loan
    BERGKAMP MAKES ROCHDALE MOVE

Brighton striker Roland Bergkamp has joined League One side Rochdale on loan until the new year.
    The 20-year-old, who is the nephew of former Arsenal striker Dennis, joined the Seagulls in the summer from Dutch club Excelsior but has found first-team opportunities limited with Gus Poyet's men.
    The forward is an Under-21 international having made his debut for Holland earlier this year.
    He will stay at Spotland until January 2, 2012.

Uploads

John Still: Signs Montano on loan
    MONTANO MAKES DAGGERS MOVE

Dagenham have signed West Ham attacker Cristian Montano on a one-month loan deal.
    The 19-year-old, who was born in Colombia, has already been on two loan spells this season at Notts County, where he scored four times in 11 appearances, and at Swindon.
    Montano will go straight into boss John Still's squad for their derby with Southend on Saturday.
    He has yet to make a first-team appearance for West Ham.

Uploads

Gareth Bale: Linked with Barca in Spanish reports
    BALE FLATTERED BY BARCA INTEREST

Tottenham winger Gareth Bale is flattered by interest from Barcelona.
    Reports in Spain suggest the Spanish giants could make a move for Bale, though the club have stated they will not pay over the odds for him.
    Spurs value Bale at 50million but the 22-year-old Wales international insists he is content at White Hart Lane, where his contract expires in 2015.
    "It's always nice being linked with clubs such as Barcelona - it's great to be linked with a team like that," he said.
    "I'm enjoying my football at Spurs and I don't really take much notice of what is written about interest from other clubs."
    Bale is determined to help Spurs return to the Champions League - a target he believes is achievable.
    The north London club, who host Aston Villa on Monday night, sit outside the top four on goal difference alone and have a game in hand on fourth-place Chelsea.
    "The Champions League is obviously where I want to be playing," Bale told the Daily Post.
    "We've got a great chance of qualifying this season, especially with the manager playing young players in the Europa League and giving us the freshness to play in the Premier League.
    "We've had a great start to the season. The main thing we want to achieve is the top four - anything above that is obviously a bonus.
    "The main thing is to get back in the Champions League because that's where we want to get back to."

Uploads

Tevez: Remains in Argentina
    MANCINI: TEVEZ WON'T PLAY FOR CITY

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has repeated his belief that Carlos Tevez has played his last game for the club.
    City found Tevez guilty of five breaches of contract for refusing to warm up in a Champions League match against Bayern Munich in September.
    Tevez was suspended for two weeks and had a four-week fine halved after the intervention of the PFA.
    He flew home to Argentina early last week without permission from City.
    Asked on Friday if Tevez could play for the club again, Mancini replied: "I don't think so.
    "I know he is in Argentina. I don't know what he is doing."
    Premier League leaders City are at home to Newcastle on Saturday and Mancini added on Friday: "Why are we continuing to talk about Carlos? We have an important game tomorrow."
    Mancini, speaking at a regular pre-match press conference, was also asked if the club had managed to make contact with the player.
    "No," he said. "It is not important at this moment. We have this problem and we hope it can be resolved."
    Mancini added that the long-running affair has not affected the mood among the rest of the squad.
    He said: "I think this important. The squad is good and the players are positive at this moment.
    "It is important that we start (back in) the Barclays Premier League tomorrow with a result."
    Tevez, 27, has been pictured playing golf back in Argentina this week.
    The striker has not played for City since the infamous match at the Allianz Arena more than seven weeks ago.
    Mancini initially stated Tevez was "finished" at City after accusing him of refusing to play as a substitute.
    Tevez argued that he only refused to warm up but did not contest City's conclusion that his actions effectively amounted to not playing after a disciplinary hearing.

Uploads

Henry: Delighted Wenger with his return to Arsenal
    NO LOAN DEAL FOR HENRY - WENGER

Manager Arsene Wenger maintains he has given no thought to trying to bring Thierry Henry back on a short-term loan deal in January, but admits it is "an honour and a pleasure" to have the former captain back at the club.
    The Gunners legend, 34, is currently training at London Colney to keep up his fitness levels following New York Red Bulls' exit from the Major League Soccer Cup at the hands of David Beckham's Los Angeles Galaxy.
    Henry was an integral part of Wenger's 'Invincibles' squad of 2003/2004, going on to become Arsenal's record goalscorer before leaving to join Barcelona in the summer of 2007.
    Theoretically, the former France World Cup winner could sign a short-term deal with his old club before the new MLS campaign starts up again, much like Beckham did when playing for AC Milan.
    However, for now, that is not on Wenger's immediate agenda.
    "I have not thought about that at all. At the moment we have a big squad and anyway, that problem cannot examined before the end of December," said the Arsenal manager, whose side will be looking to maintain their resurgence at Norwich on Saturday.
    "At the moment we have 26 outfield players so we have a massive squad."
    Wenger added: "Thierry's future is in the [United] States. He is going back in February. Until then we will just help him to practice and keep fit."
    The Gunners boss hopes the presence of such an iconic figure will only be a positive influence for the rest of the squad.
    "Thierry loves football, and he loves Arsenal," Wenger said.
    "To practice with us for him is a pleasure - for him and for us.
    "I think it is an honour and a pleasure. An honour because he is a legend at the club and he is coming back, a pleasure because when he is on the football pitch, he is still a great player."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast