Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 23-11-11

Uploads

Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 23-11-11

Latest Transfer Update at 23-11-11

Frank Lampard: Happy at Chelsea
    LAMPARD HOPES TO EXTEND CONTRACT

Frank Lampard has insisted there is no chance of him quitting Chelsea and revealed he wants to extend his contract at Stamford Bridge.
    England midfielder Lampard has been linked with a move to Los Angeles Galaxy as a big-name replacement for David Beckham.
    The 33-year-old has less than two years left on his existing Chelsea deal and his future looked less than certain earlier this season when he was rotated in and out of the side.
    But he has regained his status as a virtual ever-present in recent weeks and hopes to do enough to earn a new deal.
    "As it stands, I have this season and next season and I would love to extend that," he said in the Evening Standard.
    "As long as the club want me, I will be here.
    "Whatever anyone says about me going anywhere else, I will be here, without a doubt."

Uploads

Re: Latest Transfer Update at 23-11-11

Emmanuel Adebayor: On loan at Tottenham
    ADEBAYOR HINTS AT SPURS STAY

Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor feels like Harry Redknapp has given him his life back following his loan switch to north London.
    Adebayor scored his fourth and fifth goals since signing on a season-long loan from Manchester City as Tottenham moved up to third in the Barclays Premier League with a comfortable 2-0 win over Aston Villa.
    The Togo striker has seamlessly fitted in to the Spurs starting line-up, forming a sound understanding with strike partner Rafael van der Vaart to help the club turn around their season with a nine-match unbeaten run.
    Despite missing two gilt-edged opportunities to score a hat-trick, the 27-year-old wore a broad smile on Monday night as he left the pitch, a smile that was nowhere to be seen when he re-joined his parent club this summer following a loan spell at Real Madrid.
    The former Arsenal striker's broken relationship with City manager Roberto Mancini meant Adebayor was forced to train with the youth squad in pre-season - something which he admits was hard to take after playing alongside the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo in a packed Bernabeu just a couple of months earlier.
    But after making a solid start to his career at Tottenham, Adebayor is displaying the kind of childlike enthusiasm on the pitch which he showed when he first arrived in England five years ago - and he puts his rejuvenation down to one man - Redknapp.
    "For me it's always special to have a manager like him," Adebayor said.
    "He has given me confidence, has given me my life back. He tells me before every game: 'Adebayor - go out there, you know what you can do, just enjoy your football. If you can score goals, score goals, make assists, keep doing your thing,' and that's it.
    "I don't have any pressure on my head telling myself I have to score to keep my place now. I just have to do the job and I think at the moment I am doing it very well."
    After making a successful return to the dugout following minor heart surgery, Redknapp lavished praise on his players, with particular focus being on Luka Modric, who starred in midfield.
    Redknapp urged Daniel Levy to give the Croatian a new contract, but he is also keen for the Spurs chairman to sign Adebayor on a permanent basis.
    Adebayor's wages - thought to be around 170,000 a week - are likely to be a sticking point as he wants to continue giving a large portion of his earnings charities in Africa, but still hopes a permanent deal can be struck.
    "We all play football to gain money," Adebayor said.
    "I am from Africa and I have to give something back to my community. I have been doing a lot of charity stuff.
    "I am using my wages to do it and I will keep doing it until the end of my career so for me I will leave that (negotiations) to Harry Redknapp, chairman (Daniel) Levy, and (City chairman) Khaldoon (Al Mubarak) to find a solution between themselves."
    Given that he spent three years with bitter rivals Arsenal, many had expected the Spurs fans to reject Adebayor, but the striker now thinks the club's supporters have taken him to their hearts.
    "I think they accept me because they have seen that I am working hard for the team," he said.
    "If you are a Tottenham fan you will definitely love me because I am doing the job. It's not only about scoring goals, it's about what you put in.
    "If fans see a player who is being a little bit lazy they will not like him.
    "We all like players who want to show that you are not just here to take the money, you want to see players who will work for the team and that's what I am showing at the moment. That's why they love me and I am very glad for them, for myself."

Uploads

Nicolas Anelka: Linked with move to China
    SHANGHAI SHENHUA WANT NICOLAS ANELKA

Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua have enquired about signing Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka.
    Anelka's contract at Chelsea expires at the end of the season and he is expected to leave Stamford Bridge.
    Reports in France claim Shenhua are willing to pay Anelka 10.6million (9.17m) a year to lure him to China.
    Anelka has found himself down the pecking order in Andre Villas-Boas' plans this season, starting in only three Premier League matches.
    Chelsea are believed to be willing to let the former Arsenal and Liverpool man move on and reports in France claim Anelka could make the move to China as early as January.
    A number of clubs are thought to be keen on signing Anelka with big-spending Russian outfit Anzhi Makhachkala, AC Milan and a host of Major League Soccer sides chasing the Frenchman's signature.
    Shenhua have confirmed they have asked about Anelka's availability, but admit they face a fight to land the 32-year-old.
    "It is so difficult. We actually asked about Anelka," a Shanghai Shenhua official told newspaper DF Daily.
    "We also know he could leave the Blues as a Bosman player next summer but there are so many clubs interested in him
    "AC Milan, Russian clubs and some Gulf clubs. If we want to sign him finally, [his contract] would cost plenty."
    (reopens) The striker did not travel with Chelsea to Germany today for their Champions League clash at Bayer Leverkusen, adding to the speculation.
    Villas-Boas said: "He's not injured.
    "Nico has been used, as you know, more times as a winger, rather than a striker.
    "We've decided to include a different squad for this game, not because of Nico's ability because his ability is tremendous."

Uploads

David Beckham: No PSG talks
    NO PSG TALKS FOR DAVID BECKHAM

David Beckham says he has not held talks with Paris Saint Germain.
    The French giants have emerged as favourites to land the former England captain, who is considering his options.
    Beckham's current deal with Major League Soccer side Los Angeles Galaxy is set to expire, and he is understood to have numerous offers from around the world.
    Galaxy want him to stay in America, whilst he also has options back in the Premier League, but it is the interest from the French capital that has been intensifying in recent weeks.
    But Beckham has now revealed that he is yet to hold talks with PSG supremo Leonardo, who he played under during his time at AC Milan, where he was on loan.
    "I have not spoken to Leonardo actually, he sent me a message of good luck but I have not spoken to him about a PSG move," he told Sky Sports News.
    Beckham also indicated that he did not really have a desire to play in the Premier League for any other side than his former club Manchester United, seemingly ruling out possible moves to either Tottenham or Queens Park Rangers.
    "Talking of playing in England I have always said that unless it was for Man United I would feel weird," Beckham continued.
    "It is the club as a boy I always wanted to play for, I always wanted to start my career there and finish it there.
    "Obviously I moved away to go Real Madrid, but I am still a Man United fan so playing for another club would be weird and I don't think that will happen - but who knows."
    He admitted that he could very well remain in America with Los Angeles Galaxy.
    "I would consider staying at Galaxy, it is one of my options," he said but insisted he would not look to go out on loan if he did remain in MLS.
    "Going on loan was something I did a couple of years ago to Milan solely to try and stay in the England team and after that I got my Achilles and I think playing so much football in a short space of time was a factor."
    Beckham did suggest that he had achieved everything he wanted to do with his move to LA following their MLS Cup triumph over the weekend.
    "This was the last piece of the puzzle," he said.
    "I always said off the field I had achieved everything I wanted to as I wanted to raise the profile [of MLS] and wanted it to grow, I didn't think it would happen that quickly and I am proud of that but on the field I wanted a trophy which I got at the weekend."
    Beckham maintained he will never give up on playing for England, commenting: "I always dream of playing for England.
    "Every time they play, I am proud, I am an England fan. Would I play again? I would love to play again. Will I play again? Who knows, it is though one of the reasons I have never retired from international football."

Uploads

Sone Aluko: Looking to win a deal at Rangers
    ALUKO STATES HIS CASE WITH GOAL

Sone Aluko took his chance to impress Rangers manager Ally McCoist on Tuesday - scoring in a behind-closed-doors match in his second week on trial.
    The former Aberdeen winger, who last week joined Rangers on trial, netted in the 3-1 win over St Mirren in Paisley.
    The 22-year-old is looking for a club after leaving the Dons last summer and scored the second goal at New St Mirren Park, with John Fleck netting a double.

Uploads

Andre Ayew: Rejects Arsenal link
    ANDRE AYEW PLAYS DOWN ARSENAL LINK

Marseille starlet Andre Ayew has denied he wants to join Arsenal, revealing he would like to sign a new contract at Stade Velodrome instead.
    The 21-year-old has become one of French football's hottest properties since making his Marseille debut as a 17-year-old in 2007.
    The Ghana international has an 11million (9.5m) release clause in his current contract with the Ligue 1 club that expires in 2014.
    A number of top European sides have been linked with a move for the forward, with Arsenal supposedly closest to agreeing a deal.
    However, Ayew has denied he is set to move to the Premier League, stating his desire to open talks over a new extended deal at Stade Velodrome that would remove the release clause.
    When quizzed on supposed interest from Arsenal, Ayew told France Football: "No, I never thought about leaving. I want to stay at L'OM. A departure is not part of my career path yet.
    "There were rumours, but I didn't comment. There is a right time for everything. I am fine at Marseille. But indeed it is true foreign clubs were keen to act.
    "If the club wants to extend my contract and erase that clause, we will find a good moment to talk.
    "It is up to the club. If the officials want to start to negotiate, it is up to them."

Uploads

Nico Yennaris: Extends contract
    YENNARIS SIGNS ARSENAL EXTENSION

Teenage defender Nico Yennaris has signed a contract extension with Arsenal.
    The 18-year-old made his first-team debut in the Gunners' 2-1 win over Bolton in the Carling Cup fourth round last month.
    Yennaris played the full 90 minutes at right back and is comfortable playing across the defence or in midfield.
    The England youth international joined the club aged seven and has risen through their youth structure, signing professional terms in July 2010.

Uploads

Nile Ranger: Joins Barnsley on loan
    BARNSLEY LOAN SWITCH FOR RANGER

Barnsley have completed the loan signing of striker Nile Ranger from Newcastle.
    The 20-year-old will stay at Oakwell until January 14 and could go straight into manager Keith Hill's squad for Saturday's clash at Leeds.
    Ranger appeared at Newcastle magistrates court last Thursday and pleaded not guilty to assault and drunk and disorderly behaviour charges.
    He was remanded on conditional bail and will re-appear in court on January 13.
    Hill told BBC Radio Sheffield: "Everybody deserves a second, third or fourth opportunity.
    "As long as they're willing to accept the wrongs that they've done, as long as they're trying to right those wrongs, then I'll work with anyone."

Uploads

Josip Ilicic: Linked with move to England
    AGENT: ILICIC IS STAYING PUT

Josip Ilicic will not leave Palermo in the winter transfer window, according to the player's agent.
    The attacking midfielder has been in great form for the Sicilian team so far this season and is a reported target of Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Juventus.
    "I really don't believe Ilicic will leave Palermo in January," Ilicic's agent Amir Ruznic said as reported in tuttomercatoweb.it.
    "In recent days I spoke to the club (Palermo) and no one told me anything.
    "In any case, it would not be easy to replace him midway through the season.
    "However, perhaps in June it would be a different story."
    Asked about possible interest in the 23-year-old Serbian, Ruznic added: "I don't know anything about it.
    "Perhaps there have been contacts between the clubs but at the moment none of these clubs have spoken to me.
    "Ilicic is a player of great value and has great technique and quality.
    "I could see him doing well in a big club."
    Ilicic joined Palermo from Maribor for 2.3 million last year and is under contract with the Serie A outfit until June 2015.

Uploads

Joe Cole: Could stay longer
    JOE COLE COULD STAY - SEYDOUX

Lille's on-loan Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole could remain at the Ligue 1 club past the end of the season, according to president Michel Seydoux.
    Cole has made a good impression at Lille, who could still reach the knockout stages of the Champions League.
    Lille won 2-0 away to CSKA Moscow to lie third in Group B, one point behind Turkish side Trabzonspor, who they play at home in the final game.
    Seydoux told RTL: "It is not a certainty that he will leave us at the end his contract.
    "If he has a certain good feeling with Lille and we can make him an interesting offer. This is something that we will look into."
    However, Seydoux is not certain the club will be able to keep Belgian winger Eden Hazard.
    "If we don't do well it's probable that he will leave the club after this season as there's plenty of interest.
    "Will 50million euros be enough? Nobody is irreplaceable and there are solutions for that kind of money."
    Lille coach Rudi Garcia has his sights set on the Trabzonspor game after the victory in Moscow.
    He told the club website: "We just made a step forward and have to beat Trabzonspor at home."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast