Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Latest Transfer Update at 26-11-11

  1. #1
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Arrow Latest Transfer Update at 26-11-11

    Latest Transfer Update at 26-11-11

    Rooney: Says Chelsea should keep the faith
    VILLAS-BOAS SHOULD STAY - ROONEY

    Chelsea's under-fire manager Andre Villas-Boas has been given the support of an unlikely ally - Wayne Rooney.
    The Manchester United striker has laughed off suggestions Villas-Boas could be sacked after just four months in the job.
    While Rooney admitted he has been surprised by the Blues' defensive frailties this season, he believes letting Villas-Boas go - and begin searching for a seventh manager in four years - would be a step back for the west London club.
    "There's a lot of people saying he should be sacked, that Chelsea should make another change," Rooney told The Sun.
    "There's no need to do that, I cannot see the point in that at all.
    "I must admit I've been surprised by Chelsea's problems because in the last few years they've always been so solid, so hard to score against and so very difficult to beat.
    "This season that hasn't been the case but they've a new manager and a new way of playing which will take time to settle.
    "For me the best option is to keep faith and keep your manager."

  2. #2
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-11-11

    Steve McClaren: Walked away from Forest
    STEVE McCLAREN: I HAD TO WALK

    Steve McClaren claims he was left with no option but to walk away from Nottingham Forest after realising that he was the "wrong fit" for the club.
    The former England boss was handed the managerial reins at the City Ground in the wake of Billy Davies' departure.
    His arrival was expected to see Forest build on two successive play-off finishes and push for promotion to the Premier League - but he quit on October 2 after less than four months in the job.
    "I just felt after that [Birmingham] game with what was going on, something had to change drastically," McClaren told The Independent.
    "I couldn't see that with the relationship I had by then [with the board] that I could affect that. For the benefit of the club and fans I thought [leaving] was the best decision.
    "Ultimately the chairman has stepped down and I think in the long run the club will benefit, Frank Clark coming in was a very good decision.
    "Steve Cotterill [McClaren's successor] has got experience of the Championship and generally I had no problem with the players. They will prosper going on now within a more settled environment which I never had before."
    McClaren admits he went into the Forest job slightly underprepared, with his failure to land the Aston Villa post ahead of Alex McLeish leaving him frustrated.
    "That [Villa] was a big disappointment," he says.
    "I didn't do my due diligence [on Forest] well enough. I was disappointed [with the rejection from Villa] and wanted to show people. I thought it was a great opportunity - great club, great fans, great history and tradition.
    "Unfortunately I knew very early from going in that we weren't on the same wavelength. I was set to move my family [to live near to Forest] and I stopped that one.
    "We were the wrong fit. In the end other things were going on behind the scenes.
    "For the first time in my life I thought it would be best for everybody, for the football club, the fans, the players of Nottingham Forest... that something had to change. The club had been crying out [for that] before I got there. [For] change in everything within the club. We didn't, by then, have a long-term plan and vision. I didn't have a relationship with the board."
    McClaren is keen to return to the dugout in the not too distant future, but admits the recent offer of a job at Belgian outfit FC Bruges came at the wrong time.
    "I think it was too soon [after Forest]," he says.
    "I know that come the summer I will have opportunities. So was Bruges definitely the right one? No, but it was very interesting. I felt I would be jumping from one job to the other. I wanted more time."

  3. #3
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-11-11

    Hugo Rodallega: Yet to open talks over new deal
    RODALLEGA FOCUSED ON SURVIVAL FIGHT

    Hugo Rodallega is determined to rediscover his best form at Wigan and is prepared to put talks over a new contract to one side as he works on his game.
    Speculation regarding the striker's future has been building for some time, with various clubs reportedly keen to entice him away from the DW Stadium.
    The likes of Juventus, Sevilla and Atletico Madrid are all said to be weighing up a January raid for the Colombian frontman.
    Rodallega is aware of the rumours, but claims to be fully focused on his commitments to Wigan.
    "At the moment I can think only about Wigan," he said in The Sun.
    "I know the club wants me to stay but there is still plenty of time for us to talk.
    "There are many rumours about my future but I am focused on saving Wigan. The Premier League is the best in the world. I came here to triumph, not fail."

  4. #4
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-11-11

    Kyle Naughton: May have to leave Spurs
    NAUGHTON TO CONSIDER FUTURE

    Kyle Naughton has indicated he may have to leave Tottenham on a permanent basis if he is to realise his ambitions of regular Premier League football and an England call-up.
    Naughton joined Spurs from Sheffield United in the summer of 2009 at the same time as close friend and fellow full-back Kyle Walker, but both men have had to wait patiently for opportunities.
    While Walker has finally broken into the team this season after an impressive spell on loan at Aston Villa last term, Naughton remains down the pecking order.
    He was sent out to Norwich in July on a season-long loan deal and is delighted to be getting more of a taste of top-flight action.
    But the 23-year-old accepts that he will have to consider his long-term future if the situation stays the same with Tottenham.
    "Kyle and I became close pals at the Sheffield United Academy and our families go back even further," he told the Daily Mail.
    "So it's a bit ironic that he's now effectively standing in my way at Tottenham. I don't begrudge him his place one bit because he's playing really well and I can have no complaints.
    "But I may have to assess things at the end of the season because, first and foremost, I want to be playing Premier League football.
    "I'll talk to Tottenham and see what they think, but if it looks like they can't give me at least a couple of games, then perhaps we'll have to have a look around.
    "I still have ambitions of following Kyle into the England squad after playing for the Under-21s and I need to be a regular in the Premier League to do that."

  5. #5
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-11-11

    Andy Najar: Heading for London
    ANDY NAJAR TO TRAIN WITH SPURS

    DC United have confirmed teenage starlet Andy Najar will spend two weeks training with Tottenham in order to help develop his game.
    The Honduras international has departed for England and will link up with Spurs' first-team squad on Monday.
    The 18-year-old, who was named the 2010 MLS Rookie of the Year, won his first international cap in September against Colombia.
    DCU general manager Dave Kasper is delighted one of the club's rising talents will enhance his game abroad and he is looking forward to having him back at RFK Stadium an improved player.
    "We are pleased to finalise Andy's stay with Tottenham," Kasper commented on the club's official website.
    "I think this experience will be tremendous for him. He will come away from this as a better player, and we look forward to having him back with us shortly.
    "It's great for our players to get into a different environment and have a different experience. We feel it's good for their continued development.
    "It's certainly aligned with the philosophy that Jurgen Klinsmann has made public, which is that our offseason is too long and our players need to continue training."

  6. #6
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-11-11

    Tevez: The saga continues
    CARLOS TEVEZ SAGA RUMBLES ON

    Carlos Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian has opened up the possibility of the controversial striker joining AC Milan.
    Joorabchian had productive talks with the Milan hierarchy on Thursday as part of the first tentative stages towards securing Tevez's exit from Manchester City.
    It is unlikely the discussions will trigger an immediate bid, although it may push Inter Milan and Juventus into making their own interest known.
    However, City are aware of developments and are relaxed about the prospect of them proceeding, whilst all the time stressing they would only be interested in a direct sale, not a loan, and then only if the price suited them.
    Joorabchian realises fulfilling that requirement will not be easy, which is why even he is not going overboard about the present position, beyond acknowledging Milan, seven-times European Cup winners, fit the criteria of club Tevez would like to join.
    "Milan is a great city," he told Sky Italia. "I have spoken to Tevez but we have not discussed anything for the time being. In Italy they play great football. You have great clubs.
    "(Milan and Juventus) are top clubs. Milan are one of the top clubs in the world with a long history and there is a possibility that Carlito will go to a top club."
    Beaten by Barcelona in the San Siro on Wednesday but already assured of a place in the knockout stages of the Champions League, Milan doubtless feel Tevez's ability could be a major asset in them trying to make the step back towards being genuine challengers for Europe's top honour once more.
    Few could argue that, on the pitch, Tevez gives value for money.
    He was named 'Hammer of the Year' in his only season at West Ham and then finished second top scorer at Manchester United, ahead of Wayne Rooney and behind only Cristiano Ronaldo, the following year after joining the Red Devils and helped them to the Premier League and Champions League double.
    Tevez topped the scoring in each of his first two seasons at Manchester City, sharing the Premier League's Golden Boot with Dimitar Berbatov last term.
    However, for the past 12 months his career has been mired in controversy amid much-publicised demands to leave City for the sake of his family.
    Two transfer requests failed to result in a move away from the Etihad Stadium and Tevez has not played for the club since he refused to warm-up during the Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena in September, which resulted in him being fined two weeks wages.
    Then, just when it seemed peace between player and club had broken out, Tevez jetted back to Argentina without the permission of manager Roberto Mancini, where he remains, despite reports to the contrary.
    There have been discussions between City and Tevez's advisors about the player returning, although the precise details have not been made public and neither party seems to be treating the matter with a high degree of urgency.
    And Mancini evidently believes he has spent far too much time discussing the 27-year-old as he dismissed the subject ahead of Sunday's trip to Liverpool.
    "I do not want to speak about Carlos Tevez. I will answer no questions about him," Mancini said.

  7. #7
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-11-11

    More frustration for Steve Kean
    STEVE KEAN SHARES FANS' FRUSTRATION

    Defiant Blackburn manager Steve Kean vowed not to be forced out by fans and insisted it is up to him, the players and other supporters to silence the dissenters.
    The 3-1 defeat at Stoke means Kean has the unenviable record of just six wins in 34 league matches since taking over from Sam Allardyce last December.
    Within 12 seconds of kick-off a portion of the small contingent of travelling supporters were chanting 'Kean out'.
    The Rovers boss, who it was revealed this week has signed a new contract, said he empathised with fans but he was not affected by their calls for his sacking.
    "I put it to the back of my mind. I am focused on the job," he said.
    "I think if there are a few fans shouting then they can shout what they want.
    "They can voice their frustrations; we are frustrated we didn't get anything from this game so I can share their frustrations.
    "All I want to do is for the fans to go home happy because they have seen us winning and play well.
    "If the fans are complaining and shouting against me I just want them to go home and have a good weekend.
    "We are working for the same thing. Hopefully I can turn them around, hopefully we can turn them around because I don't just think it is me, it is the players and the rest of the fans - the majority of the fans - who want the same thing."

  8. #8
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-11-11

    Redknapp: Never thought of quitting
    REDKNAPP NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT QUITTING

    Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp insists he never thought about quitting management during his recent heart scare.
    Just over three weeks ago Redknapp had two stents inserted to unblock coronary arteries after being admitted to hospital while feeling out of breath.
    The 64-year-old missed two games before returning to the dugout for Monday's 2-0 win over Aston Villa, but is adamant that he is feeling better than ever and never thought about giving up a management career that currently spans 28 years.
    "It never entered my mind," Redknapp said. "It drove me mad, sitting at home. I had a bad couple of weeks but now I feel better than before.
    "I have been chasing (my wife) Sandra around the kitchen a lot. She asked them if they could reverse this process!"

  9. #9
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-11-11

    Capello: Contract runs out next year
    CAPELLO NOT IN RUSSIAN TALKS - LAWYER

    Fabio Capello's lawyer has denied the England manager flew to Moscow this week to begin talks over a possible move into Russian football.
    Capello spent part of the week in the Russian capital to spark speculation he could be set to join big spending Anzhi Makhachkala.
    The 65-year-old's England contract runs out at the end of the Euro 2012 finals next summer and he is free to talk to a new employer after confirming the Three Lions' place in Ukraine and Poland.
    But Capello's lawyer, and son, Pierfilippo, has played down reports the former Real Madrid boss met Anzhi's billionaire owner Suleyman Kerimov while in Moscow.
    Instead he claimed his father had made the trip to watch the ballet at the city's renowned Bolshoi Theatre.
    "He received an invitation to go and, as you know, my father is passionate about the arts," he told The Daily Mail.
    "If he was meeting with a football club I would expect to be there, and I am in England."
    Anzhi have reportedly targeted Capello to be their next manager as Kerimov looks to build the club into a European power.
    Since buying the club in January, Kerimov has made some big-name signings including Samuel Eto'o on an 18million deal from Inter Milan to make him one of the best paid players in Europe.
    Yuri Zhirkov also decided to leave Chelsea for the club in the summer and join the likes of former Brazil international Roberto Carlos.

  10. #10
    Honor Administrator <<ELVIS>>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    08-12-2006
    Posts
    48,458
    Uploads
    10

    Re: Latest Transfer Update at 26-11-11

    Lucas: Hot prospect in Brazilian football
    PREM PAIR EYEING LUCAS - AGENT

    Chelsea, Liverpool and Inter Milan are leading the chase for Sao Paulo starlet Lucas, according to the teenage midfielder's agent.
    The 19-year-old is considered to be among the hottest prospects emerging out of Brazilian football and it is expected to be only a matter of time before he heads to Europe.
    Lucas is already learning English, suggesting he would favour a switch to the Premier League, but he will have options to consider when the time comes.
    "Chelsea, Inter Milan and Liverpool have demanded details from me and Sao Paulo knows the situation," said representative Wagner Ribeiro.
    "At the moment they are not interested. Perhaps in the summer they may negotiate but only an enormous offer could change things as I want continuity for the player for a couple of years."
    Lucas has no intention of pushing for an imminent switch away from his homeland, but he is readying himself for the challenges that lie ahead.
    He said: "Three days a week I study for one hour with a teacher. I'm prepared to move to Europe and it is always (important) to get on top of the language.
    "I haven't decided what I'm doing. For now I'm concentrating on Sao Paulo."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Latest Transfer Update at 11-09-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 18:44:16
  2. New Latest Transfer Update at 04-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 16:27:41
  3. New Latest Transfer Update at 03-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 10:29:30
  4. New Latest Transfer Update at 01-04-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 11:32:12
  5. New Latest Transfer Update at 24-03-11
    By <<ELVIS>> in forum Live Sports Schedules
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 24-03-2011, 10:49:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •